Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 'Cause Every Second Counts ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting. You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting. And if you choose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting. Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting.-Right Here Waiting by Staind
"And once you're sure you've let go of all your doubtful feelings just fall back into your partner's arms. They'll make sure to catch you. For this is the first of many tests for you're trust problems."
Shinji and Kaien were currently in a trust class. The black haired male had convinced Shinji to go to one class,saying to just give it a try and how it might be fun. The blonde had serious trust issues sometimes. Shinji thought that one day one of his employees would run off with all the money from his very successful cafe. The brown eyed male was currently standing on top of a chair,blind folded and with his back towards Kaien.
"Just remember you have to put your complete trust in your partner." added the trust coach one more time.
The aqua green eyed male began to grin.
"Yeah Shinji,trust me."
"I don't like that tone in your voice Kaien."
"Don't worry just trust me Shinji. I mean you've known me for a long time. For like forever."
"You're starting to make me wish I didn't Kaien."
"C'mon Shin. You can trust me,I'm your buddy Kaien."
The blonde sighed as he stood there for a while with his arms over his chest.
"O...kay."
Shinji took a deep breath and let himself fall backwards. Kaien had his arms out as if to catch his friend,and just as Shinji was to make contact with the black haired male,he moved his arms away. The brown eyed male let out a blood curdling scream when his head hit the floor. Shinji got up faster than a speeding bullet and ripped the blindfold off his eyes.
"YOU SONUVABITCH! I CAN'T TRUST YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'LL GO OFF WITH MY MONEY!"
The aqua green eyed male was laughing his ass off while clutching his stomach.
"Oh man Shinji,that was a lot of fun!"
The blonde slapped Kaien on the arm.
"Yeah...fun for you." Shinji frowned."I must've been dipped in a tank full of crazy to let you talk me into comin' to this trust shit."
The aqua green eyed male hugged Shinji from behind and rested his head on the brown eyed male's left shoulder.
"Aw,you know you're my buddy Shinji. You know I love you."
The shorter of the two began trying to yank Kaien off of him.
"Yeah,yeah,yeah. Love you too,now get off!" blonde walked to the door and mumbled to himself."Let's blow this pop sickle stand."
Once outside in the open air Shinji started to go on a rampage.
"I swear Kaien one of these days I'ma leave you. You'll wake up to a half empty apartment and wonder where good old Shinji is."
Kaien tugged on the blonde's shirt like a child would do to a mother. The black haired male was pouting and doing the puppy dog eyes.
"But...But what am I gonna tell the kids when they ask where's mommy Shinji?"
"SINCE WHEN DID I GET A VAGINA?"
"Since you showed me a panty shot."
"KAIEN!"
The passerby's on the streets stared at the pair with confusion. The black haired male put his arm around Shinji's shoulders.
"C'mon Shin. Ya know I was just playing and you know I love you."
The brown eyed male pushed at Kaien's arm as his frown grew.
"Alright,enough with the love,ya smotherin' me."
The most serious look came upon Kaien's face.
"But I gotta show you as much love as I can 'cause life's too short."
Shinji's eyes widened a little with shock but he then gave his own serious expression.
"Stop playin' like that. You know I can't leave your sick ass." The blonde proceeded to link his right arm with Kaien's left."Let's just go home,okay."
A memory began to play in Shinji's head as they walked. It reminded him of another reason why he couldn't leave Kaien's side.
"Because I owe him my life."
0-0-0-0-0-0
"Alright mom,I'm goin' home now."
The blonde nodded and then mumbled a bye and ended the call. Shinji's long hair sawed as he walked,he had very long hair that reached down to the lower part of his back,back then when he was thirteen years old. His mother always hounded him about cutting it because it made him look like a girl. The sky was void of the sun as the stars began coming out with the moon held high. Shinji cursed one of his friends for making him stay behind in school to help out a teacher.
The brown eyed teen had stopped to take in the routes he could take home. The short cut through a bad part or the long safe way he'd normally take. Shinji threw caution to the wind because he really wanted to go home and fall onto his bed so he could sleep. Besides he figured nothing would happen since he'd always go that way with a friend or by himself when the sun was up. As Shinji began the short way home he started to have a gut feeling that maybe he should have gone the other way.
The blonde heard footsteps behind him and he didn't like it,as a result the boy began walking faster. Suddenly a man with a black baseball cap that was leaning against a store wall stopped in front of him.
"Hey there girly,are ya lost?"
Shinji just ignored the man and tried to pass by him but the man with the cap grabbed him by the wrist and wasn't going to let go anytime soon.
"Hey,I was talkin' to ya."
The brown eyed teen frowned and tried to pry the guy's arm off.
"Hey asshole let go of me! You're hurting me!"
Shinji was scratching at the hand as the man that was holding had his eyes go wide. The two others that were following the blonde had the same look on their faces,one was wearing a red sweater while the other a leather jacket.
"Yo it's a dude." said the one with a red sweater.
The one with the cap tsked and shoved Shinji onto the wall the man was leaning on.
"HEY! Let me go!"
The brown eyed teen punched the man in the gut to try and make an escape. It just made the man push him against the wall harder. Shinji cursed himself for taking the short cut,his mother had always told him that one day he'd get in trouble for looking like a girl. The man pinned Shinji to the wall as his other hand was holding his stomach.
"You little bitch,I'm fucking tired of your wining. How about you just be a good little boy and give us all you got or else."
"Or else what? Why don't you guys just piss off." the brown eyed boy said through clenched teeth.
"Or else I slit that nice throat of yours." the man with the cap chuckled and out came a pocket knife with the hand that was holding the hurt stomach Shinji gave him."So I'll repeat,give us all you got and then we'll let you run home to your mommy."
The blonde swallowed and then glared at the man that had him pinned to the wall at knife point.
"How about I give ya bums nothin'." Shinji spit in the man's face and once again tried to escape by kicking the man's leg,there wasn't enough room for him to aim where it counts.
The man growled with frustration and put the blade closer to the brown eyed boy's neck. Just as he was going to say something to his two followers the boy's attacker was hit with a half empty glass bottle of Snapple to the head. The man with the cap cursed a storm as he held his head from having the bottle break on his head. A new grip on Shinji's arm began to lead him away from the scene. The brown eyed teen looked up to see none other than Kaien with a serious look on his face.
"C'mon! Why are you just staring at me like a deer caught in front of head lights? Run faster!"
When the blonde began to haul his weight he looked behind him and saw the three men running after them and the one with the baseball cap was gaining on them,knife at the ready. The black haired boy also looked back and pushed Shinji away and got stabbed on his left side. Kaien screamed and held on to his side as he fell to his knees. The other two men stopped in their tracks and then turned around running away.
"Oh shit...I-I didn't think it'd turn out like this." the man said with a quivering voice. He threw the knife on the ground and ran like his life depended on it.
"H-HELP!" Shinji looked around and continued yelling. "SOMEONE HELP,MY FRIEND GOT STABBED!"
All the blonde could think of doing as tears pricked at his eyes was to put his hands on Kaien's side. A large shadow descended on the two and Shinji felt fear bubble up in his stomach as he slowly looked up to whom the shadow belonged to. A man with spiky black hair,an eye patch on his right eye,a long thin scar running down the left side of his face and wearing a butlers outfit was standing over them. The brown eyed boy glared at the large man and gathered some big cojones.
"I won't let you touch him! So why don't ya leave my friend alone and go run after your buddies that did this to him." the blonde growled.
Kaien's groans of pain brought Shinji's attention back to him.
"Ken...Kenpachi?"
The black haired teen whispered as he glanced up at the huge man.
"Master Kaien are you alright?"
Kenpachi knelt down in front of the injured boy and moved the hands at the wound so he could examine it.
"W-What'd I tell you about the Master thin-"
"This is no time for stupid shit like that. I'll call ya whatever the fuck I want." the spiky haired man scolded the teen."I should have kept a closer eye on you."
The black haired man got up and took off his jacket,he bunched it up and held it out towards Shinji.
"Hey kid press this on Master Kaien's side while I call for an ambulance."
The blond felt like a mute all he could do was nod and do as the big man said. Sure enough after a few minutes an ambulance did arrive. Shinji and Kenpachi got in the big vehicle and watched the EMT's try and keep Kaien in good condition. Shinji was forced by Kenpachi to say what happened and why to him. Once in the hospital the aqua green eyed teen was taken away to be worked on my doctors and the two males waited it out in the waiting room. A lot of questions were swimming in the blonde's head.
Things like why did the big brute call Kaien master,why Kaien was even in that part of town,was he going to get in trouble about Kaien getting hurt and what would happen when his mother would find out. He shivered at the thought of his mother going to the hospital and all the trouble he'd be in. Shinji took a glance at Kenpachi who sat in a chair in at the row in front of him. He couldn't take the awkwardness anymore and decided to talk.
"Who are you anyway? Ya look like a thug." the brown eyed boy said as he glance at the vacant chair to the left of him.
"I'm his butler..." Kenpachi grinned."But for all you know I could be a thug that was sent by on of those three guys that attacked you to finish Kaien,or a mafia hit man. Maybe someone from the yakuza."
The blonde swallowed a lump in his throat as the huge man had continued to stare at him with a crazed grin on his face. But soon enough the tall male began to laugh.
"I'm just kidding with ya kid,I'm just Kaien's butler."
Shinji frowned, annoyed that Kenpachi was just playing around with him at such a critical time. He was about to make a snappy remark when someone's worried voice called out to Kenpachi.
"Kenpachi! Where's my son? How is my baby?"
A beautiful woman came into the blonde's vision as she ran to the huge male. It was obvious that she was Kaien's mother for he had her eyes.
"No one had come to tell me about what state he's in Mrs Kuchiki." the spiky haired man said apologetically.
"What did happen to Kaien?" a small girl's voice asked.
Shinji looked to the right of Kaien's mother,a boy that looked at least two years younger than Kaien and a little girl with big violet eyes stood next to a man that the blonde guesses to be the father.
"Master Kaien was trying to help his friend from a group of men and one of them had a pocket knife. When they made a move to run the man with the knife tried to stab his friend but Master Kaien pushed the boy away."
Kaien's mother looked like she was about ready to breakdown as she covered her mouth with her hands.
"What happened to Kaien's friend? Is the child okay?"
The spiky haired man glanced at Shinji and Kiyoe's gaze followed to land on the blonde as did the other three pairs of eyes. The boy that stood with the girl glared at the brown eyed teen.
"So this is your fault?" the black haired boy hissed."My big brother got hurt because of you?"
"Byakuya,don't talk to her like that."Sojin scolded the boy.
Shinji couldn't help but do a face palm,for he was referred to as a girl and it was finally getting on his nerves.
"A-Actually,I'm a boy sir."
Kaien's father blushed and began to apologize. A doctor soon came asking for the Kuchiki's,the five stood around the man and received news that Kaien was in stable condition making them calm down. The mother asked if they could see Kaien but the doctor said to wait at least half an hour to be able to go see the boy and then he left. Kiyoe walked over to Shinji and looked him over to make sure he wasn't hurt.
"I'm glad you're alright. Have you called your mother?"The woman was fidgeting from being so worried and the blonde just shook her head. "You should give her a call so she could come get you."
"But...I'll get in so much trouble and-"
"Kenpachi,call this boy's mother for him because I'm sure she's worried that you aren't home yet."
Kenpachi nodded and dug in Shinji's jeans for the boy's cellphone,the teen protested but the two adults wouldn't hear any of it. The brute looked down the contacts list and pressed the green phone button on the contact labeled Mom. A quick conversation happened between the butler and the blonde's mother.
"She said she'd be here as quick as she can."Kenpachi announced as he threw Shinji his phone back.
"Okay then,now all we have to do is wait awhile."Kiyoe sat next to the blonde.
Shinji rubbed his face with his hands as he began to wonder how much trouble he would be in. His mother would surely take him to get a hair cut tomorrow and lose his beautiful locks. It didn't matter how calm his mother seemed he was deadly afraid of her whenever she was mad.
Fifteenth minutes after the call and in came Shinji's mother with the most blank face on,but her eyes betrayed her calm exterior she was worried not angry. Halibel fast walked over to her son and stopped in front of him.
"Are you alright,Shinji? You didn't get hurt? A man called me with your cellphone and told me everything. You have to thank that friend of yours as soon as he is able to have visitors,alright?"
"I wasn't goin' to leave till I would be able to see him either way mom." Shinji rolled his eyes at his mother.
The blonde woman smiled and just gave him a hug as she stroked his hair.
"You do know that I'm going to make you get a hair cut?" Halibel said into her son's ear.
"Yes,I figured as much mom."Shinji sighed.
Halibel let her son go and confronted Kiyoe.
"Are you the mother of the child that saved my son?"
Kiyoe nodded.
"I'm sorry about what happened and I'm glad your son is fine now. I'd to give you something in return for the trouble that my son has caused you."
"Oh no,I couldn't ask you to do such a thing."
The women conversed until the same doctor from before came back and said it was now fine for Kaien to take visitors,all the adults looked at Shinji.
"I think it'd be fair if Shinji went first so that he could then go home,there still is school tomorrow."Kiyoe said with a small smile on her lips.
Shinji followed the doctor to Kaien's room and told the teen to not take long. Shinji walked toward the black haired teen.
"A-Are you okay Kaien?" Shinji said as he grabbed his friend's hand
"Never felt better."The aqua green eyed teen smirked and pumped his fist in the air but then he winced.
"Don't move so much ya idiot,you're still hurt. Listen I just wanted to know that you were okay so I gotta go now cuz theres still school tomorrow. I'll come visit ya after school."
Kaien's grip on his friend's hand tightened.
"But...could you stay with me? Please I don't want to be alone." Kaien asked.
Shinji frowned,"Then ask your mom to stay when she comes in."
"But I want you to stay with me."
Shinji's frown disappeared and a wide eyed confused look replaced it and he sighed.
"Fine,I'll stay as long as ya need me."
0-0-0-0-0-0
"Hey what are you thinking of?" Kaien asked as Shinji opened the door to their apartment.
The brown eyed male smirked,"Just how you always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting. Right here with ya and staying by your side."
The aqua green eyed male had a look of confusion but then gave a bright smile and hugged Shinji.
"Aw,I love you too Shinji. Now how about a kiss?"
"Ah,no get off,get off!"
The black haired male was making kissy faces in Shinji's face while the blonde tried to push his face away.