Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Lifetime of Love ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Throughout most of the school day Ichigo had a depressing aura around him. This bothered Kensei and Tatsuki as they waited for recess to confront the red head. As soon as all the third graders were let outside to play the little group got together, minus Ichigo. Nnoitra, Ikkaku, Kensei and Tatsuki stood in a circle debating the matter.
"Okay guys, something is wrong with Ichigo." The black haired girl stated
"What's wrong with the Berry Head?" Ikkaku said with a frown.
"Forget the Strawberry, where's Grimmjow?" Nnoitra crossed his arms over his chest as he frowned as well.
"Hmm, maybe Ichigo knows." Kensei added in.
The others nodded their approval at Kensei's statement and they all walked on over to the red head. The boy was just sitting up against the school watching the other children play.
"Ichigo?"
The brown eyed boy looked to Tatsuki, she looked worried as did Kensei.
"What's up?" Ichigo asked with a blank expression on his face as he looked at his group of friends.
"Hey Berry Head? Wheres Grimmjow?"
Ichigo looked down at his hands that rested in his lap. The silence that stretched on began to annoy the tall child.
"Well?"
Ichigo laughed, still looking down.
"What's so funny? Spit it out."
The red head looked up at Nnoitra with a smirk on his face.
"He didn't tell you?"
Nnoitra growled, grabbed Ichigo by the shirt and pushed him up against the school wall.
"Tell me what Ichigo?"
"Grimmjow moved back to Greece."
Nnoitra's eyes widened in shock.
"What?" the tall child hissed. "Why?"
"If he didn't tell you then I wont tell you why Nnoitra."
"You little..."
Nnoitra raised his fist ready to punch Ichigo in the kisser, but the red head kneed the tall child where it counts.
"Oooooh right in the kiwis." Ikkaku laughed.
"Kensei we should stop them!" Tatsuki yelled, panic settling in.
The two tried to stop the fight. Tatsuki got elbowed in the eye and Kensei in the gut by accident. Effectively halting their efforts to stop them.
0-0-0-0-0-0
The four children were seated on a bench outside the principles office while all their parents talked over what happened. After a while the parents began to come out one by one. The first to come out was Tatsuki's father Kaien Shiba. He's the only parent Tatsuki has, her mother and Kaien were to get married after Tatsuki was born but she died giving birth and to keep the memory of his beloved alive Tatsuki kept the Arisawa name.
"Hey kiddo, so heard ya got in a fight with your friends."
"But I was trying to-"
Kaien shushed his daughter and just smiled at her.
"I know Tats, you were trying to stop it."
The black haired man ruffled her hair and took her hand.
"You were let off the hook. I'll walk you back to class."
The three children left waited nervously to see which parent would come out next. Both of Kensei's parents came to him. Jushiro Ukitake and Isane Ukitake, just a regular happy married couple. They basically said the same thing Tatsuki's father did and took their son back to class. Nnoitra flinched when the door to the principles office flung open and hit the wall. It only meant one thing, his father Kenpachi Zaraki came to the tall child with Sui-Feng Zaraki, his mother, right on the big man's heels.
"So... I hear ya got in a fight." The six foot seven and a half man towered over his son. An eerie silence settled into the hallway.
"THAT'S MAH BOY!" The black haired male smacked Nnoitra's back hard as the big man laughed. "TAUGHT HIM EVERYTHING HE KNOWS!"
Sui-Feng punched Kenpachi's arm getting the brutes attention.
"You don't say that to your our son Kenpachi! Nnoi you do stuff like this after school because if you fight in school we get called and that makes you look bad. Which might I add makes us look bad."
Kenpachi still grinning," C'mon boy ya got yourself suspended so lets go home."
Ichigo stood there baffled, if he thought his own father was crazy then these parents were nuts. The red head was broken from his thoughts by a sigh. Isshin Kurosaki ran his fingers through his hair as he looked down at his son.
"Ichigo...why are you getting back into fights son?"
The brown eyed boy frowned and looked anywhere but his father's face. Isshin let out another sigh and began to walk away from the office.
"Let's go home Ichigo, you've been suspended."
0-0-0-0-0-0
It had been a year later and Isshin had noticed the big change in his son's attitude and behavior. Ichigo had become distant. He had stopped being a child in a way. Isshin thought it was time to give it to Ichigo. It would give the boy some comfort.
"I'm home!"
Isshin looked to the front door to see the ten year old child walk towards the stairs.
"Ichigo. I want you to come with me. I' have something to give you."
The red head child frowned with confusion, but shrugged and followed his father up the stairs and into Isshin's room. The black haired male dug through a drawer in his dresser and let out an ah-ha once he found what he was looking for. Isshin's eyes softened as he looked down to his son.
"Ichigo...I want you to have this."
Ichigo's father took out a ring that was hanging from a sliver chain. The ring the looked like a flower with six petals of blue topaz and the center was a Lapis Lazuli, a gem that was a blue and looked like it was littered with yellow spots that reminded the red head of stars with a band of silver.
"It's so pretty..." Ichigo whispered.
Isshin smiled and knelled down to look at his son in the eyes.
"It's yours to keep my son."
"But-"
"It was your mother's ring...the engagement ring I gave to Masaki. And I want you to have it Ichigo, your mother had wanted to give it to you when you were older, but I thought it best to give it to you now. So keep it safe son."
Ichigo swallowed a lump in his throat and nodded. Isshin put the chain that held the ring around the red head's neck. The brown eyed boy picked up the ring that laid resting on his small chest and stared. The blue topaz reminded Ichigo so badly of his dear best friend.
"Grimmjow." Ichigo whispered to himself.
Converting /tmp/phpQUttaC to /dev/stdout