Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Lifetime of Love ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ichigo looked out the window of his room. The red head groaned, it was raining. The brown eyed boy gathered his things for school and an umbrella to walk to school. Halfway there the fifth grader realized that his book bag was getting wet because his umbrella was slightly broken. As soon as Ichigo got to school he opened his bag to check on his books.
Half of the books were wet and needed drying. Ichigo stomped his way over to the cafeteria for breakfast with the other kids. While talking to Tatsuki about random stuff with a small carton of orange juice aimed to his lips. For some odd reason the red head missed his mouth and spilled some orange juice on his shirt. He could already see that today was going to be one of the worst days of his life.
The teacher scolded Ichigo about not being able to use his books because the got wet but other than that there was no incident. Around came lunch time and Ichigo prayed that nothing else happen to him. But he just had to open his big old mouth. Just as the red head had gotten out of line with his tray of food, he tripped on his own shoe laces and down came his lunch to the floor. Ichigo mumbled angrily to himself as he walked to the table he'd sit at with his friends.
"First the darn rain messes with my book bag and my books, now I have no lunch. What's next? Am I gonna get sick?"
"Did you say something Ichigo?" Kensei asked the red head as Ichigo sat next to the silver haired boy.
The red head sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.
"I tripped over my shoe lases and my lunch fell on the floor."
"Heh I saw the mess comin' over here." Nnoitra chuckled.
"I could imagine it in my head happening." Ikkaku added in.
Nnoitra and Ikkaku had serious faces as they stopped what they were doing and then busted out laughing like there was no tomorrow. Tatsuki kicked them both to get them to shut up.
"Here Ichigo, have my juice. I like milk much better anyways."
Tatsuki handed over her juice.
"Have some of my tater tots Ichigo."
Kensei separated them evenly and gave the red head a small smile.
"Oi Strawberry, have my weenier."
Nnoitra had a held out a hot dog towards Ichigo. The tall child was biting his lip, trying to keep himself from laughing.
Ikkaku tossed the red head a banana. "Here." the skull trimmed boy snickered. "Take my banana."
Aside from the perverted jokes Nnoitra and Ikkaku tried to make, it warmed Ichigo's heart. He gave his four friends a real smile that shocked them into silence because the brown eyed boy hadn't smiled for over a year.
"Thanks guys. Maybe things are looking up now."
He accepted what they gave and they ate in silence.
0-0-0-0-0-0
The rest of the school day had gone on without any other incident. Ichigo stood behind the school entrance watching the rain, he took a deep breath from his nose and then let it out from his mouth. The red head opened his umbrella and began his walk home. The rain started coming down harder than it was in the morning. As a car was passing closer to the brown eyed boy, he didn't notice the big puddle close by.
It didn't help that the car was going by fast either. Once the car came by it was as if Ichigo was hit by a wave, the cold water that splashed him stopped him cold. The poor boy was drenched from head to toe. He tried to conceal his anger and ran the rest of the way home.
"I'm home."
Isshin did a double take on his son's drenched appearance and walked on over to him.
"Ichigo are you okay? What happened?"
"A car passed by and splashed me." Ichigo said through clenched teeth.
Isshin chuckled and took the red head's umbrella.
"Go shower and change out of those clothes before you get sick, while I go make something for you to eat."
Ichigo nodded and did as he was told. After his shower the ten year old boy waited patiently for his father and sneezed once in a while. When Isshin came into his son's room a worried expression was on his face. He set the tray that contained a bowl of soup and water on Ichigo's nightstand.
"You look kind of red Ichigo."
Isshin placed his hand on his son's forehead and hummed.
"Yup you got a fever."
"Great, me and my big mouth." Ichigo huffed and sat up in bed.
"What?"
"At school lots of bad things happened and and I asked myself if anything else bad would happen. I said, what's next? Am I gonna get sick."
Isshin chuckled at his son and rested the tray on Ichigo's lap. The older male began to bring a spoon full of soup to the brown eyed boy's mouth, but Ichigo protested.
"No, I can feed myself."
"Alright."
Isshin just smiled at his son for trying to act like a big boy.
"Oh yeah, something came in the mail for you Ichigo." Isshin showed his son an envelope. "How about you read it after you're done eating,alright?"
Ichigo nodded as his father made his way to the door.
"Yell if you need anything."
Ichigo stared at the envelope that rested on his nightstand and then shrugged and continued to eat. After he was done the red head took the envelope and put the tray in its place on his stand. He inspected the envelope trying to read what was on it, but it looked like chicken scratch because it was in a language he didn't understand. Once he opened it a familiar language was shown.
Dear Berry Head,
Um how's it goin'? I know we didn't leave on the right foot. I'm sorry bout not tellin' ya sooner bout leaving. You must still be mad at me, right? Especially since its been a year and all. I hope everythin' is fine on your end Ichi. Over here it was crazy, do ya know how hard it is to go back to writin' in Greek? It was a drag, the dáskalos, I mean the sensei kept buggin' me and makin' me write the word I wrote in Japanese by mistake a hundred times in Greek. Mitera is getting better slowly.
She started smilin' again. I was so happy and so was Bampas. Ya do know he calls yer Bampas like two days of every week. How's Nnoitra, Ikkaku, Kensei and Tatsuki? I feel bad for not tellin them about me havin' ta move. Ichigo, Mou leípeis, I mean I miss you. Argh I'm sorry about this, too lazy to erase, but I really do. I hope you write me back.
Your best friend Grimmjow
Ichigo smiled silly as he reread the letter over and over again. Grimmjow had finally reached out to him. The red head was definitely going to write back as soon a possible.
0-0-0-0-0-0
A.N: The whole juice missing his lips and spilling on his shirt thing always happens to my big sister when she drinks something. Just when ya thought I was gonna give the Greek words a rest for awhile it comes back lol. And thanks to everyone that gives this fic positive feed back, it makes me glad how everyone like this fic.

Greek words:

Mitera-Mother

Bampas-Dad

Daskalos-Teacher

Mou leipeis-I miss you
Converting /tmp/phpk0BiXR to /dev/stdout