Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Identity ❯ Night of the Ball II: Eye of the Storm ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still in the process of hypnotizing KT to hand me the rights to bleach, and everything about it.
 
[A/N]
 
well, truly sorry for the delay. Got a bit crazy and paranoid while writing the whole chap.
 
And to those who reviewed, big big THANKS. From the bottom of my stupid, idiotic, silly crazy heart, thanks.
 
Kisses and hugs to everyone who reviewed! *Omph, mhuah!*
 
 
 
 
Chapter 13
 
(Night of the Ball II: Eye of the Storm)
 
 
She could feel the intruders' eyes staring right at her back. Just go away, please she thought. But the intruder just kept staring. Thinking that maybe, it was probably time for her to head back in, she stood and turned, ready to leave the little haven that she sought refuge in for a short time.
 
Their eyes met. And neither could look away.
 
He stood there, staring at the most beautiful creature that he has ever seen. The soft glow and illumination brought on by the small fragile lights surrounding the pavilion, highlighted her delicately sculpted features. Her hair was twisted to a chignon in the back, with soft tendrils curling gracefully on her nape and the sides of her face. Her chin was full and strong, yet feminine enough for her small face, complementing her full lips. Her upper face was covered with a white mask that seems decorated with pearls and tiny diamonds shaped and patterned in flowers and leaves. On the top of her head was a tiara, not made by sparkling diamonds or stones, but of some flute like glass that gives off the imitation of small delicate ice glaciers
 
His gaze traveled down to her bare shoulders exposed so blatantly by her off shouldered, two toned gown. The gown was made of white silk, it firmly fitted her upper body, flaunting her feminine assets and her small waist. Then it flows elegantly down in a full skirt reaching the floor. The white silk was ensconced in a light blue sheer see through fabric in blue and violet tones, with small intricate falling snow like patterns and embroidery. Her shawl, which was loosely draped on her arms and back were the same material as the outer layer of her gown.
 
Somehow, the white and blue combination of her gown, combined with the pure whiteness of her mask only made her look more soft and alluring, yet cold and untouchable at the same time.
 
Who is she? His mind has asked himself over and over again. Yet not knowing didn't hinder his body's reaction to the sight of her, looking straight at him, standing inside the beautifully lit and decorated pavilion. He felt his feet move, not even conscious of what he was doing. Something about her draws him close. He didn't know what and why. He couldn't clearly see her face for her mask was blocking it. He couldn't clearly see her eyes either, not with the fair glow of light and the distance between them. But there is something compelling about her. Something that compels him to her, propels him to her. Something that makes his heart beat wildly and flutter in his chest. Something that made him walk towards the pavilion, close the gap between them and ask “May I have this dance my lady?”
 
She saw him step towards her. From the moment their gazes locked, she could not seem to tear her eyes away from this elegantly masked man. He was wearing black dress pants that enclosed his long powerful limbs. And a white cotton piqued shirt, which was improperly open in the neck and upper chest, revealing a teasing glimpse of strong well built upper body. Not to mention a long brawny tanned neck. It was topped off with a black tailcoat showing off broad muscular shoulders.
 
As he stepped closer into the light, she stifled a gasp as she clearly saw his mask. It was white with red streaks on one upper right side, and irregularly shaped and bordered. It covers most of his upper face and runs down the length of his right cheek, but leaving enough space for her to see a strong chin and jaw, and lips which were set into a somewhat resemblance of a frown. She tried to see his hair but it was covered with a bandana, adding a more dangerous look to his ensemble. She focused intently on his eyes, trying vainly to see his eyes, but the mask robbed her of that information.
 
Something about his gaze makes her knees weak and turns her insides into jelly. Something about the way he looks at her makes her feel warm and winded. His mere presence takes her breath away. Her brain seemed to stop working as she watched him get closer. From afar she could hear him asking her for a dance, but her brain failed to comprehend what it meant. No words of protest passed thru her mouth as he felt him take her right hand, pull her closer to his body, his left hand spanned and circled her waist, while the other was entwined with hers.
 
She found herself ensconced in his arms, following his lead, swaying to the relatively faint sound of the music coming from the ballroom. There is something awfully familiar, yet unrecognizable in him.
 
The music stopped and was replaced by something a little upbeat, yet they still have not released each other. Still lost in each others eyes, not caring and minding of anything other than the person staring back at them. Somehow they both ended up looking at each others lips, hers soft and inviting, his strong and full. Nothing mattered but each other.
 
It was by pure instinct that he leaned down, inching closer, capturing her soft cherry lips in his own.
 
It was by pure intuition that she tilted her head up, closed her eyes, and met his lips in a soft kiss.
 
The kiss was soft, light and fleeting, yet it was enough to make each and every fiber of her body tingle. Mindless of what she was doing, she leaned closer fitting herself more fully in his body. She did not notice as he lifted his mouth a few centimeters away, and looked at her still upturned face.
 
He could not believe he just kissed a nameless female that he just saw minutes ago. He could not believe the trusting way she leaned up and met his kiss. Neither could he believe that a light kiss, barely a graze, could send shivers running down his spine. Looking steadily at her upturned face, as if waiting for something more, he once again felt her pull. It's as if his body has a will of his own. He leaned down once again and captured her face in a slower more searing kiss.
 
She felt him take possession of her lips, this time more insistent, with an intense tenderness. It was nothing like the first one. This time, it had her curling her toes from the pleasure of having his lips over her. Roving over hers, sweetly, gently yet insistent and demanding at the same time.
 
He slanted his mouth over hers, his hand curled in her nape, his other hand on the small on her back, drawing her closer. She arched back, meeting him halfway, her hands sliding up his chest, feeling the fast staccato of his heart in her hand, while the other curved up to his nape, her body leaning closer, fitting and molding her body to his.
 
Rukia is drowning in a sea of pure sensation. Every part of her body receptive to his touch. The moment his lips touched hers the second time, her brain stopped thinking altogether and left her senses to take over.
 
His lips tasted hers, tasting her luscious lips, hungrily devouring her with his mouth. She felt him deepen the kiss, and answered back in the same way she felt him kiss her. Her mouth seeking and insistent as his is. She held on to him, clung to him, awash in a wave of pleasure.
 
The moment he felt her respond in the same intensity, desire burst through his veins. He wanted more, grinding his hips to hers, he bit her lower lip. She moaned in response, lost in desire. The moment she did, his tongue slid into her mouth, filling it. She gasped at the sudden contact. He felt her stiffen and lightened the kiss, yet his tongue remained inside, lingering and insistent, drawing her in the game, showing her, guiding her.
 
He could not believe her ardor as she easily caught on and kissed him back with the same ferocity, her tongue tangling with his, in, out, twirling right and left. His hand shifted up to her waist and up the sides of her breast, then cupping it through the sheer material of her gown.
 
Whether it was sanity returning or from fear and shock, she did not know, but she managed to untangle herself from his embrace, pushing him off her with the remaining strength she has. He reluctantly released her and she stumbled back, her knees still soft and boneless, until her back was pressed to one of the pavilions post, her hand holding on tightly, supporting her frame, while the other was on her lips, touching where his mouth wants to be, has been a few seconds ago. She was breathing hard, as hard as he is. Her chest rising and falling rapidly.
 
Ichigo was just as stunned as she is. There was nothing simple about the kiss that they had shared. There was nothing ordinary with that mind-blowing lip locking experience. There was nothing more that he wanted that time than to have her clinging unto him and ravaging her soft lips. But common sense kicked in and he remained where he was, at the middle of pavilion, looking at the goddess before him, his hands clenched tightly into fist in an attempt to stop himself from grabbing her again.
 
Rukia was holding on to dear life on the post. Her knees and legs still felt like rubber, her heart rate still running over a hundred miles per minute. Kami! what had she done? So many jumbling thoughts are going inside her brain. Yet none were coherent and sensible enough. She just kissed a random guy. A guy whom she doesn't even know, haven't seen before. Slowly, she regained her balance and recognized the powerful crescendo being played by the orchestra, before stopping abruptly and dramatically, signaling an announcement or speech from the host.
 
Dammit, her promise!
 
He waited for her to regain her composure. And for his breathing and heart rate to return to normal. The nagging feeling that he knows her is still there, bugging him. He really didn't know if he should say sorry, or simply ask for her name. But before he could decide what to do, she had already run out leaving him calling out for her. Just as he was about to run after her, the hell he'd let her, and whatever it is that happened, go just like that he felt Ishida's slight change in reiatsu, signaling him that it was time.
Oh shit! Fuck it all!
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
Rukia came inside the ballroom just in time to hear the end Ulquiorra's introduction of the prince. She caught her brother's eyes as he swept past her toward the circular platform on the stage. His eyes raked over her petite form and she saw his eyes squint in distaste. Suddenly becoming conscious of her appearance her hands went straight to her hair. Her chignon has come lose and her tiara was askew. She felt her face heat up at the thought of those marauding hands teasing the hairs on her nape. She was trying valiantly to put some semblance of order in her now ruined coiffeur when Inoue came and adjusted her hair and reapplied her chignon expertly.
 
“Whatever happened to your hair my lady?” Inoue asked as she fixed whatever should be fixed with her hair. She could hear the reprimand in Inoue's voice, and it just made her blush more deeply. It made her feel like a chastised child, who happens to deserve it.
 
“I…uh…got tangled up…” oh yeah, you got tangled up quite well “in the bushes, right, in the bushes.” She finished lamely as Inoue turned her around to inspect her appearance. Inoue gasped as she saw her face. Some pieces of the stones adorning her mask were gone. The soft rouge that she had brushed up on her cheek was now smeared haphazardly. And her lips, dear God, her lips were slightly swollen and puffy. The red lipstick that she dabbed on those luscious lips was replaced by absolute redness brought about by the swelling.
 
“What?” Rukia asked, while a forbidding sense of doom filled her as she stared at her friend's shocked expression.
 
“Powder room, now!” and she dragged the disheveled princes out of the ballroom and hauled her inside a private powder room.
 
“Now, tell me, what really happened to you?” Inoue asked, her arms across her chest. Even before Rukia could open her mouth Inoue cut her with her finger “and don't give me that bushes excuse, I can see right thru it” she huffed indignantly.
 
Rukia was in a state of indecision. How the hell did Inoue know what happened? Inoue was looking at her directly. Trying to avoid her angry stare, she turned around only to come face to face with herself in the mirror and she gasped as well. No wonder Inoue was suspicious, she did look ravaged. Dear Lord! Is this what her brother saw when he looked at her earlier?
 
“Well?” Inoue prompted.
 
“I…” but was once again cut off by a loud knocking on the door.
 
“Princess, it is time” Ulquiorra's muffled voice sounded thru the door.
 
Shit! “Inoue, please, I'll tell you later, just fix me up please” her eyes pleading. If she wasn't there when her brother called her, she would be in real deep trouble. The last thing she wants is a war between her kingdom and that of her fiancée.
 
“We'll be right out Ulqui” Inoue said as she started dabbing this and that on her face. Doing as much as she can given the situation.
 
Outside, the said royal guard was waiting patiently for the two ladies. Why'd he have to be the one to fetch them from the powder room he has no idea. Urgh, girls! He thought.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>
 
“Where the hell have you been Kurosaki?” Ishida, clearly annoyed asked. He had just caught up with them in the second floor of the ballroom.
 
“Shut up Ishida” He retaliated back, his signature scowl present, clearly not in the mood. His is mind still full of the girl, the girl that he had just kissed so passionately. While his conscience keeps on berating him for what he did. How can one girl affect him so? Just when he was so sure about his feelings for Rukia, Why? How?
 
“Oh your friend was just worried for himself Kurosaki” The same creepy silver haired smiling guy said as he suddenly materialized beside him. “After all, it's never wise to irritate and infuriate a lion when you are inside its lair.”
 
His eyes squinted, his body tensed, fists curling “I always keep my word” He said, his eyes staring directly at the still smiling guy. There was nothing he would like more than to smash that infuriating smile off and vent all his current frustrations on him. But a Chad's hand on his shoulder stopped him.
 
“Ichigo” Chad said as he held his friend “let's just go” It was just getting to the best part of the evening, and he'd be damned if he let that creepy guy rile Ichigo up so before the highlight of the evening. He's got a hundred bucks on the line here, and he won't let Uryuu get it that easily.
 
“Yes, come on” Uryuu said and started to get to their place near the top of the grand staircase. His brain thinking of the same thing as Chad's.
 
“Bye bye Kurosaki-kun” Gin, still smiling said after the trio left. Oh, he bet he'll enjoy this party. Yes, he definitely will.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Inoue did the best she could to undo the damage to Rukia's make up. Still her lips looked a bit too puffed, but she couldn't argue that the natural blush that graces her cheeks is more effective than any rouge that she can apply. She was still thinking about the reason for such damage as they made their way near the top right side of the grand staircase, walking beside Ulquiorra, both behind the silent Princess.
 
Rukia's heart was beating wildly in her chest. Kami! This is it. There would be no turning back after this. No, that was wrong, there really was nothing that she could have done in the first place anyway. This was her destiny. Her burden. And as a Kuchiki, she has to bear it all while smiling. She stopped at the top of the stairs, finally focusing on her surroundings. Her brother stood there in the middle platform, doing his perfunctory speech. She looked down at the throng of beautifully clothed people, some she recognizes even with their masks and costumes, some not. Her friends, Momo and Nel were among those she can recognize, along with the Kings right hand Toushiro not far behind the two girls. Nel's bodyguard, Noitorra was also there not far from them.
 
Oh what a shock it would seem to them. Yes, they would be surprised.
 
She looked at her brother, his words finally reaching her brain.
 
“…and as tradition, let me present to you, my sister, Princess Kuchiki to formally lead us to this evening's honored waltz…” a gasp could be heard from the entire ballroom. Rukia took a peek and saw people talking rapidly within themselves, reaching her ears. Yes, surprising isn't it, she thought herself. And yes, I was as shocked and surprised as you guys are. Her spirits plummeting further with the finality of her predicament. A woman formally opening a waltz, specially someone of her stature is as good as saying straightforwardly that she was engaged, or taken and announcing it to the whole wide world.
 
Inoue who was behind Rukia also gasped and looked accusingly at Ulquiorra, her eyes wide and questioning. He nodded in response, putting his hand in her shoulders supporting her.
 
Byakuya stopped for a second or so, the surprised murmurs floating inside the huge room was proof enough that he has everyone's attention and that they were indeed listening. “…Together with her fiancee…” the whole room suddenly hushed, everyone listening intently who the lucky guy was. “…Knight Kurosaki” he finished off.
 
The lights dimmed, leaving only those lighting the steps of the grand staircase, illuminating two masked figures on the top of both sides of the Y staircase. One tall and masculine, the other petite and graceful.
 
Both started walking down, both wrapped up in their own thoughts, neither looking at the other side, to each other.
 
She knew she was walking down towards her doom. Kurosaki, she knew she heard that name before. She just can't seem to remember exactly when and where. Did her brother somehow told her about her fiancée? Did she hear that mane from him? Add to that were thoughts about her masked prince from the garden earlier. Who was he? What made him do it? Kiss her, she means. And why did she respond like that. More importantly why'd she let him kiss her? And Ichigo, where is he? Somehow what occurred earlier made her feel guilty about something. And to top it off, her nerves were stretched taut, she could feel the intense pressure coming from everyone inside the room. The expectation was there. The staircase never seemed to long to her before, and yet she was afraid for it to end. Afraid of what awaits at the bottom.
 
If Ichigo could have stopped the whole thing, he would have. He could almost picture `Hime-san' waiting for him at the end of the stairs, waiting to tear his ears off his head. Add to that were thoughts about the mysterious woman in the garden. Who the hell is she anyway? Damn, with this announcement he just might never figure it out. What exactly made him do it? Why did he do it? And Rukia, his Rukia. How could he have done it when he was thinking about Rukia is a very protective way? Maybe it was really unwise to aim for something which is obviously out of one's grasp.
 
They reached the bottom soon enough.
 
Rukia, taking a deep breath, thinking that it's now or never, slowly lifted her eyes towards the other side of the stairs, looking directly at the eyes of her intended. Then the world stopped and ceased.
 
Ichigo, upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, somehow quite irate, looked at the other side, expecting to see the redhead `hime-san'. But his breath latched in his throat, his jaw dropping. Everything else vanished except for the beautiful woman staring directly opposite him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
[A/N]
 
gah! I think I'll stop there for now. Whew! This has got to be the most taxing chap for me so far. It's my first time to write a kissing scene, and I'm very much afraid that I might have done a bad job of describing it. Took me really long to write this, and when I did get to write a few lines, I always end up deleting it all and starting all over again.
 
I was quite afraid that I'll never be able to finish this chap, and worse the story itself.
 
Honestly guys, I am very much nervous about posting this chap. If it sucks, well, tell me so, but please, please, be nice.
 
Oh, if there are any grammatical errors, well, sorry but I decided to post this as soon as I finished. I didn't want myself re reading the whole thing and deleting it and re writing the whole chap. Which is basically what I have been doing for the past few days.
 
Reviews please! Whether it's about my bad points, just to bash me or, hopefully, good ones, are very much appreciated.
 
Again, I implore you guys, please review.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sneak Preview:
 
She stopped dead in her tracks. It's him. dear God, it's him. He is my fiancée, dear god, no, oh my, oh god, it is him!
 
Ichigo could not believe the how crazy this night has been. Shit! It's her! And he felt a tremendous weight being lifted from his shoulders. It's her! She's my fiancée! Oh dear, she is my fiancée!
 
Somehow, they were once again back inside the pavilion. And the magic was once again tangible, ever present, just as it had been earlier.