Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Tell Her ❯ I am curious... Rukia ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Note: Hello again everyone! Well here is the finale of my IchiRuki story. I hope you will enjoy! I want to thank the show that gave me the inspiration to write this story, Moonlighting. If you have never seen it; you should. Maddie and David's characters are so close to Ichigo and Rukia, making so easy and fun to write. I want to thank each and every one of readers who sent out reviews! It really made my day! And what better Christmas gift to give to my readers but this long…. Intense…and juicy chapter!!!
 
And as another treat… if I get over 20 reviews on this chapter I'll post my side fic to this story titled Another Again. It's full of good ol' grown and sexy lemon!!! So please make sure to send me a review!!
 
Sorry this is not the edited version, so please forgive me for any errors you may encounter. I wanted to wait for my beta reader, but I promise everyone that this would be the update's date… so without further ado…
 
Tell Her
Chapter Five
I am curious… Rukia
 
 
“Is Ichigo home?” Uryu asked the young raven haired girl politely.
 
Scowling, Karin looked the skinny boy up and down oddly. Ichigo never had a guy visit him at home. “…Yeah, he's here. Come on in.”
 
Karin let Uryu in, still giving him a small frown as she walked into the living room. “He's upstairs in his room, he won't let anyone in though. Last door on the right.”
 
“Well then, I'll just give it a try.” Uryu told her as he pushed his glasses up on his face. Karin never responded, only flopping down on the couch as she grabbed the television remote. She clicked it on, flipping through the channels as she sighed with her boredom.
 
As Uryu walked up the stairs, he hated that Orihime put him in this position. He didn't care less that Ichigo ran out of the school that afternoon. He didn't care that Ichigo was locked up in his room depressed and tormented over Rukia. And now because his girlfriend cared about the situation, he was forced to care also. Failure to corporate would cost him dearly. Orihime told him that afternoon that if he didn't go check on Ichigo and give him a few inspiring words she would refuse him for over a month. He wasn't a sex-o-holic or anything, just the thought of not touching her was all the encouragement he needed.
 
Uryu cleared his throat sharply, rapping his knuckles on Ichigo's door. When he got no response, he knocked harder by using his closed fist. “Ichigo Koursaki, open this door this instant!” Uryu yelled as he gripped the doorknob. To his surprise the door opened on its own when he turned it, and he pushed it in gently until it he felt something blocking it. He slipped his slim body through the small entrance he made for himself, stepping inside to see that Ichigo's room was utterly trashed.
 
Stinking his nose up at the destroyed mess that was once Ichigo's room, Uryu's eyes traveled over the broken pictures, torn blankets, books and clothes thrown everywhere. Including a guitar that was broken in half.
 
He then noticed Ichigo sitting in a chair, his feet propped up on his desk as he watched his small color television. It was sitting crooked on the desk, due to all he items he had demolished. The fuzzy screen showed a woman standing behind a small podium as she testified to a judge in court, and the camera panned back to see a man was standing behind a identical podium, angrily staring the woman down.
 
“Ichigo?” Uryu warily spoke, walking over to him only part of way and stopping.
 
“You ever saw this show Uryu?” Ichigo asked him suddenly, making him jump. His tone was cheery, but Uryu could hear the disheartened tone just barely on the surface. “It's a show from America called Divorce Court. It's pretty good. The wife whines… the husband whines… the judge does his little dance and voila! The husband has to pay alimony until he's an old gray mare.” Ichigo scoffed bitterly at the whole concept of the show only to sneer, “Marriage.” He turned around to look at Uryu, and threw his arm over the chair as he smiled strangely. “What brings you to this neck of the woods?”
 
“Me and Orihime saw you leave school in a rush,” Uryu said plainly his eyes still roamed across the debris in the room. “…and we just wanted to make sure you were okay.”
 
“Never better,” Ichigo said with a small grin. “You guys don't need to worry so much about me. I got a father and two sisters that worry enough about me already.”
 
“Orihime was more concerned than I was, so you do understand my position.” Uryu explained as he nodded his head.
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes smugly at the Quincy. “The things we do for love, eh?” Uryu never responded, only giving Ichigo a nervous smile.
 
“Speaking of love… I was told by a very reliable source that Renji has rented a vehicle and intends on taking Rukia out this evening.” Uryu told informed him, hoping it would peak his interest.
 
Ichigo's smile faded, and he turned his direction back to the television. “Good.”
 
Uryu frowned, and he walked up to Ichigo with his irritation. “Kurosaki, I know you're a jackass, but you're really earning that name for yourself now.”
 
“Get out of my face with that shit Ishida,” Ichigo growled at him, baring his teeth. “Oh… so now you can just march up here and tell me how love is so wonderful and great and how I need to take the bull by the horns? Like I need advice from you? Oh, I see it now… you're the guru of love since you're finally getting laid.” Ichigo stood, narrowing his eyes at the Quincy as he gave him a small shove. “Why don't you go be Renji's goddamn valet since you're so excited about him getting a car?”
 
“That's right Kurosaki… throw your fists and words around instead of using your damn brain,” Uryu yelled at him. “You know what? I really don't give a shit that you want sit locked up here like some melodramatic pixie queen, and trashing your fucking room. You don't shit on the people who actually care about you!”
 
“I didn't ask you to care!” Ichigo roared as he grabbed his shirt. “So why don't you get the fuck out?” Ichigo seethed, pointing the door. “And if you bring your skinny ass back here I'll make sure to kick it.”
 
Huffing, Uryu pushed Ichigo roughly to make him let go of his shirt. As he walked away from him, Uryu paused at the door. “I just figured you wanted to tell Rukia Kuchiki something while she was still Miss Rukia Kuchiki.”
 
Slamming the door hard behind him, Ichigo stood in the middle of his room with everything he ever owned broken and torn beyond repair. Just like his miserable fucking life. He clenched his fists tightly as he thought about Rukia. After tearing his room to pieces a few hours ago, he felt emotionally and physically exhausted. His emotions were in overload, and he just wanted to not feel anymore. A hot tear rolled down his cheek, and he groaned as he placed his still clenched fists over his eyes. Why couldn't I tell her? Ichigo's mind screamed. His stomach twisted with regret, making him nauseous. Ichigo remembered what Uryu told him before he left; the cryptic words repeating over and over in his head…
 
I figured you wanted to tell Rukia Kuchiki something while she was still Miss Rukia Kuchiki
 
He's right, Ichigo thought to himself. I do need to tell her. He was scared to death expressing his feelings for her, but he had to do it. If he didn't, Ichigo would live his entire life wondering if it was right to just give up. Why should he let Renji win? He was the better man; regardless of what he owned or what status he had being a Shinigami. He may not have Renji's wealth or superiority; he had something more.
 
His heart.
 
And he was willing and ready to give it to Rukia now.
 
He jumped out his bedroom window, climbed down the water drain and ran down the street top speed to Orihime's house. He only hoped he wasn't too late.
 
@@@@@
 
 
“Wow, Renji… this is a pretty car!” Rukia marveled as she and Renji walked up to the candy apple red BMW. “So you learned how to drive, huh?”
 
“It took me a while, but after failing two driver examinations I managed to get that damned license,” Renji laughed as he opened the car door for her. “And now I'm going to take you out on a quiet drive to dinner and you can see first hand my driving techniques.”
 
“You spoil me,” Rukia chided, giving him a quick peck on the cheek as she got in on the passenger side.
 
“This is nothing compared to level of spoiling I'm going to give you.” Renji boasted. Closing her door, Renji ran around and got in, revving the engine as he started it up.
 
Rukia smiled at him, amused at how he wanted to show off. She noticed then he wasn't smiling; his hands were gripping the wheel so tightly his knuckles turned white. Renji stared straight ahead, his eyes narrowing with rage. Rukia frowned, wondering what was bothering him all of a sudden. She looked ahead to see what got Renji so upset, and her eyes widened with alarm. Ichigo was dashing down the sidewalk, skipping over the curb to run right into the car they were driving. Rukia's heart thundered hard against her chest, and before she managed to speak to Renji, she felt the car shift and tear off from the curb, the tires peeling with white smoke.
 
“Oi! Rukia!” Ichigo yelled, waving his hands urgently. He never got out of the path of car that was now driving down his path.
 
Renji smiled wickedly as he sped toward him, and he felt Rukia grab his arm tightly. “Renji… don't do it!”
 
Ichigo stopped running and stood his ground as he watched Renji driving up on him like a wild man. He saw how Rukia's eyes were about bug out of her head, and he saw how evil Renji looked at him.
 
Rukia screamed as Renji came only a half a foot from striking Ichigo with the car before he slammed on the breaks. She stared at Ichigo strangely as he stood there with an imperative look on his face. His eyes moved over to hers, and she gulped. His gaze was passionate and possessively intense as he walked around to the car door on Rukia's side.
 
“Rukia, Oi,” Ichigo said with a bit of desperation in his voice. “I want to talk to you.”
 
Rukia was speechless, shaking her head at him as he tried the door that was now locked by Renji. Growling, Renji opened his door and got out, his hands lying on the roof of the car.
 
“Why don't you just leave her alone, Ichigo?” Renji asked tiredly.
 
“This doesn't have anything to do with you so butt the fuck out!” Ichigo yelled as he pointed his finger at Renji. Gazing back down at Rukia, he pressed a hand against the glass, a pleading look on his face. “Rukia…Rukia I want to talk to you. Do you hear me? I said I'm ready to talk to you!!”
 
“Go home Ichigo!” Rukia yelled at him, her voice muffled by the glass that separated them.
 
Renji threw his hands up in the air, slamming the car door as he made his way around the car to Ichigo. Ichigo slid across the hood as he tried to get into the car with Rukia. Panicking, Rukia jumped out and began running up the sidewalk.
 
“I can't deal with this… I can't deal with this!” Rukia yelled to herself as she ran away.
 
“Oi, Rukia! Come here! I said I wanted to talk to you!” Ichigo called out to her as he ran behind her, Renji steady on his heels.
 
Reaching Orihime's front door, Rukia unlocked it with shaky hands like an axe murder was pursing her. “My God! Leave me alone… both of you!” She slammed the door shut, leaving the two Shinigami's outside.
 
The two men now stood at the door, staring each other down. Renji smiled slowly, reaching out to lightly nudge Ichigo on his shoulder. “Why don't we take a walk around the block Ichigo…and cool off?”
 
Ichigo shrugged Renji's hand off him roughly, his eyebrows forked with anger. “Keep your hands off me pal!”
 
Renji frowned, slightly baffled at Ichigo's outburst. He reached out to him again, this time Ichigo smacked his hand off him even harder. Ichigo glared at Renji, and began to turn his back to him like he was going to walk away only to come back around with a swing of his fist, connecting perfectly to his jaw. Renji stumbled backwards a few steps, bending over a little as the tears welled up in the corner of his eyes. He looked up, watching Ichigo approach him; his fists clenched and cocked back to swing again.
 
Yelling, Renji ran forward, tackling Ichigo just as he struck him in his right ear and shoulder. Ichigo lost his footing, which gave Renji the opportunity to stand up and belt his opponent twice in the face, finishing him off by spinning his leg out and kicking him into some trashcans that were sitting by the curb. Out of breath, Renji walked up to Ichigo who was now laying down on the ground, pulling himself up.
 
“You're an ass, you know that?” Renji breathed out angrily.
 
Wiping the blood off his mouth, Ichigo glared at him contemptuously. “I just wanted to talk to her.” Ichigo stared at the hand Renji extended out to him in an attempt to help him to his feet with disgust. His eyes followed up to Renji's grim face, and he gave him a look of utter disdain. He had the audacity to help him up after he knocked him down? Talk about adding insult to injury.
 
Orihime's front door then opened, and Rukia emerged quickly. “Look guys, I want the two of you…” Rukia stopped mid sentence when she saw Ichigo on the ground, clearly beaten up and Renji towering over him. “Ichigo!” Rukia ran over to him as he stood, totally aghast that Renji would even do such a thing.
 
“I'm alright,” Ichigo said lightly, waving her off. He turned, walking slowly down the sidewalk as he nursed his shoulder. “I only came down here because I wanted to talk to you… but of course now I realize you're too busy for me to talk to you… to… “ Ichigo lost all train of thought as he hissed with the pain shooting in his right shoulder. He was a pitiful sight as Rukia watched him limp away in defeat. It made her heart ache. Her feet were already moving towards him in slow pace, and he looked over his shoulder noticing her advance.
 
“I'm alright,” Ichigo told her again with a gravelly voice, failing miserably in putting on a smile. “I'm sorry to bother you…” He couldn't think of anything else to say, so he turned dejectedly, walking as fast as his legs could carry him the sidewalk.
 
Rukia didn't move until she couldn't see him anymore.
 
@@@@@
 
 
 
The drive to the restaurant was so quiet the only sound you could hear was the purring of the engine. Rukia was still numb with shock after seeing Ichigo laying there; beaten, humiliated… she swallowed, feeling her stomach churn. He only wanted to talk me… how could I've been so cruel? Rukia felt responsible for the fight. If she had only given Ichigo a minute of her time, it wouldn't have resulted in violence. But when she saw him initially running and waving his hands franticly she just thought he was there to fuck her evening up yet again. He actually was successful in doing that anyway.
 
“For what it's worth… I didn't take the first swing,” Renji finally said, his eyes still on the road. When Rukia didn't respond, he shook his head as he let out a small laugh. “…okayyyy…”
 
“Renji, does it really matter?” Rukia asked resignedly.
 
“Yeah. Yeah, it matters to me,” Renji replied quickly as he looked over at her briefly. “Just to set the record straight I didn't start any of that.”
 
“I didn't say you did,” Rukia replied dryly.
 
“No…no you didn't. You haven't said a thing,” Renji snapped lightly, pausing only to quell his anger. “You know it's kinda funny Rukia; I come to pick up for dinner, your partner throws a roadblock on the way out. Grabs you out of the car, tries to separate my head from my shoulders. Somehow I can't shake the feeling that I'm somehow being labeled the bad guy.”
 
“No body's calling you the bad guy…no body's calling you anything.” Rukia spoke vehemently.
 
“You know what else is kind of funny?” Renji persisted as he glanced over at Rukia momentarily. “The last time I checked my watch, it was thirty-six hours since I asked you what I asked you. And I haven't heard the slightest response. This wouldn't be too bad if the woman I had asked on the very same night I asked her hadn't left our bed in the middle of the night. Damn, that's not what sticks in my craw… You want to know what that is? That's when the woman I asked to marry the morning after I asked her tell Momo over the phone -
who she hasn't talked to in quite some time say, `There's nothing going on'. That's it's the uh… `same old routine'?” Renji scoffs, gripping the wheel tightly. “I don't know, It's really kinda funny, Rukia. I'm not saying you don't want to be married… I'm just saying maybe it's not to me.”
Rukia set her jaw tightly, becoming pissed at what she was hearing. Letting out a nonchalant sigh, she laid her head back against the head rest. “Well… I don't feel like having dinner.”
 
“Fine. Let's go home.” Renji replied.
 
“Yeah, right…my home.” Rukia spoke under her breath. Renji looked her direction, frowning.
 
“What's that suppose to mean?” Renji asked quickly.
 
Rukia shook her head, shrugging her shoulders. “Nothing, it means nothing…”
 
“It meant something-“ Renji began, but suddenly Rukia cut him off.
 
“IT MEANS…I need time, I need space. I'm not glib. If you want glib, marry Ichigo!” Rukia yelled as she glowered at Renji. “I've got to think this through! That's who I am, that's what I am! And while we're on the subject…”
 
“…Will you stop yelling?” Renji told her covering his ear she was splitting.
 
“Who told Ichigo Kurosaki about your proposal?” Rukia shouted even louder.
 
“Me!” Renji spat loudly, watching her eyes widen with surprise.
 
Rukia narrowed her eyes. “You?”
 
“I did, yes.” Renji said proudly with a smug expression on his face. He watched as Rukia stared at him in disbelief, and she looked straight ahead, tucking her hair behind her ear.
 
“Thank you.” Rukia told him exasperatedly, her lips pursed with agitation.
 
Renji scoffed at her remark. “You got a problem?”
 
“Yeah I got a problem,” Rukia said a she looked over at him. “It's none of your damned business!”
 
Renji scowled, confused at what she meant. “None of my damned business?”
 
“None of your damned business!” Rukia snapped loudly. “It's my business to tell him, it's my business to even choose to tell him! Mine! My business, my choice! My God… this isn't something you settle between the two of you, this is something I settle with me! Don't I have something to say about all this? You and I may have known each other longer than I've known Ichigo, who isn't the subject here… but that doesn't mean you can just waltz in here after all these years and stake your claim like I'm a piece of real estate!”
 
“I didn't think that's what I did.” Renji told her as he shook his head.
 
“Well, that's sure feels like what you did!” Rukia exclaimed, folding her arms in front of her.
 
“I guess maybe I'm just not used to asking someone to marry me.” Renji simply told her, looking straight ahead again. Rukia looked over at him, realizing how hurt he sounded.
 
“I know…” Rukia sighed tiredly as she rubbed her temples. “I'm not used to being asked.” Rukia forgot that Renji proposal to her had to have been the hardest thing he ever did; and she couldn't be mad at him for wanting a direct and speedy answer. But she had to think it over; she was never one to make impulsive decisions, and especially not on this occasion.
 
A few minutes later Renji pulled up to the curb at Orihime's house. He turned the car off, sitting silently as he stared straight head.
 
“Sorry about dinner.” Rukia said softly.
 
“It's okay,” Renji glanced over at her with a sad smile. “I'll take a rain check.”
 
“Renji…I think maybe I'd like to be by myself for a while.” Rukia said carefully.
 
“Me too.” Renji replied as he gripped the steering wheel tightly.
Rukia opened the car door, and watched when Renji got out at the same time. He shook his head at his error, placing his hands up as he conceded.
 
“No, really… it's easier if I go.” Rukia told him.
 
“It's easier if I go.” Renji offered quickly.
 
“But you have no where to go!”
 
“I'll go to somebody else's home. I'll go to a hotel.”
 
“Please… are you sure it's okay that I take the house and you take the car?”
 
“Yeah…we can work out the alimony later.” Renji joked lightly. “I have to go drop this car back off anyways, so it's not a big deal.”
 
Rukia sighed. “I'm sorry. See you later?”
 
Renji opened the car door, pausing for a second as he nodded. “Yeah… see you later.” Climbing in, he started the engine. He looked over at Rukia once more, giving her a reassuring smile before he drove away into the night.
 
@@@@@
 
Rukia washed dishes, vacuumed and changed her bed linens to give herself a break from all the thinking she consumed herself with from the last two hours. After she finally finished, she still felt anxious. Throwing on her jean jacket, she decided to take a walk to clear her mind.
 
She wasn't surprised when she walked right over to Ichigo's house.
 
She stood out front of the Kurosaki's Clinic for minutes, pacing and looking up at Ichigo's darkened bedroom window. After a half hour passed, she built up enough courage to climb up and make sure Ichigo was okay and apologize.
 
As Rukia pulled the window up, she gazed horrified into Ichigo's darkened bedroom, but that couldn't disguise the absolute mess the room was in. Rukia let out a worried sigh as she climbed inside, shaking her head as she stared at the broken, tattered shambles that was once a perfectly kept room, knowing he was highly enraged to do such a thing. Rukia began to pick up some papers off the floor, and then looked for the trash basket to dump other pieces of trash. She was so busy straightening up the room that she didn't even see Kon climb inside.
 
“Cleaning up Rukia?” Kon asked softly, and Rukia spun around to look at him.
 
“You frightened me Kon,” Rukia snapped. She sighed as she saw how the depressed little plushy lowered his head. “So… Ichigo did all this?”
 
“I was here when he did it,” Kon replied fearfully as he sat down on the edge of Ichigo's bed. “It was horrible. I hid under the bed - good thing I did `cause he would have torn me to shreds if he saw me. I don't think I've ever seen him that upset before.”
 
“Well where is he now?” Rukia asked.
 
“I haven't seen him since this afternoon when Uyru came to visit him.” Rukia eyes widened with that news, and then she shook her head. “Rukia… is there something going on between you two that's making him act this crazy?”
 
Rukia didn't respond right away as she sat down beside Kon. “There's nothing going on between me and Ichigo, Kon… and that's the problem, I think.”
 
“So you're dating that Renji dude?” Kon asked, and when she didn't answer he went on to ask, “Is he really terrific, Rukia?”
 
Rukia looked over at Kon, and he observed how her eyes looked like they were on the brink of tears. “To be completely honest Kon… they're both really terrific.”
 
If Kon had the capability to blush this would have been the time. Even though the conversation didn't involve him, he was partially grateful that Rukia was being so candid with him. Any other time she would be yelling and stomping his head into the floorboards. The room was deathly silent as they sat in the darkness, and Kon jumped down to the floor to pick up Ichigo's broken guitar.
 
“Geez… he loved this thing,” Kon spoke sadly as he dragged it over to the trashcan to toss it in. “He must have been awfully angry to break it.” Dusting his soft hands together, he looked over at Rukia who seemed to be deep in thought. “So… what do plan to do?”
 
“I don't know what to do,” Rukia whined frustratingly. “I don't know if what I want is what I need, you know?”
 
“Follow your heart I guess,” Kon replied as he began picking up more trash. “Your heart can never lie.”
 
Rukia eyes widened fractionally as she pondered on what Kon said, and she stood. “Kon… you're right.” Kon stopped cleaning up to turn around and look at her again inquisitively.
 
“Huh?” Kon asked.
 
“I owe Renji an answer, and I'm ready to give it to him.” Rukia spoke with a bit of trepidation in her voice. “I'm so damn nervous… but I have to do this. Thanks Kon!” Before Kon could say another word Rukia leapt out the window.
 
“Sure… let me clean this mess up all by my damn self…” Kon grumbled as he resumed to his task. “See if I give you advice again Rukia Kuchiki!”
 
@@@@@
 
 
The house was dark and quiet when Rukia entered. As she locked the door she looked up the stairs that led to her bedroom. She knew Renji was in there, waiting patiently like he always had for her when she returned home. Tossing her keys on the kitchen counter, she peeled off her jacket as she read a note Orihime left saying she was spending the evening over at Uyru's. Rukia looked up at the stairway once more, a dreadful nervous feeling gripping her stomach.
 
Steeling herself, she finally began to climb the stairs that led to her room. She paused only for a brief second before entering quietly. The room, like the entire house was dark. The bedroom window was open, the night air softly blowing through the curtains. She then saw Renji, his back turned to her lying in the bed with the covers pulled over his head and shoulders.
 
“Renji…” Rukia called out to him timidly, and he shifted slightly on the bed as he awoke. “Don't move, don't speak… don't even look at me. This is so hard… you're so wonderful. I don't want you to think for a minute that I didn't take your proposal seriously.”
 
Rukia inched closer to the bed, pausing for a second as she took a deep, controlling breath. “Proposing to me was the most wonderful… the most important thing anyone has ever asked me. The thought of marrying you… having a family with you…I may hate myself for the rest of my life; but the cruel trick in all this is if you'd asked me five or ten years ago the answer would have been different. But right now… I'm sorry.
 
“I know you think you know why, but you're wrong. I care about you so much… I spend every waking minute figuring out how we can make it work. But I don't see how we can. Not right now - not with…” Rukia's voice began to quaver, and she swallowed thickly. “Renji… you deserve someone who loves you. And only you. And I do love you… but not only you. I know how difficult this is for you to hear; you can't imagine how difficult it is for me to say…” Rukia stepped closer to the bed, taking another deep breath as she softly spoke. “I love you Renji; you have to know that. But - I love him too. And I know that's not good enough for you.
 
“I know it means you'll leave and never see me again. But do me a favor…don't.” Rukia hands shakily went up to the buttons of her blouse, unbuttoning each one slowly. “At least, not right now. Give me tonight. Give us tonight. We'll hold each other, we'll make love… we'll sleep.” Completely naked, Rukia walked over to the bed and sat down. “And if I wake up and you're not here… I'll understand. Just hold me, please…”
 
Rukia climbed underneath the covers, embracing Renji as he rolled over to face her. She was about to kiss him until she realized the man embracing her wasn't Renji.
 
“Hmmm… Oh I like that,” Ichigo purred lowly.
 
Recoiling in total shock, Rukia jumped up and scrambled out of the bed, taking the sheet with her in an attempt to cover herself. She ran over to the light switch, turning it on as she quickly whirled around to confirm who was in her bed. Ichigo was sitting there wearing a sleeveless tee shirt and shorts, his back against the headboard. He squinted his eyes to the blinding light that now illumined the room.
 
“What are you doing here?” Rukia asked excitedly, the anger and confusion making her throat dry.
 
“I was getting lucky,” Ichigo chided with a smirk.
 
Rukia narrowed her eyes at him venomously. “You are the most loathsome, the most disgusting… the vilest-“
 
“Come on… how you're gonna know if you don't try?” Ichigo told her playfully.
 
“Where is Renji?” Rukia yelled as she stomped her foot.
 
“Where is Renji?” Ichigo repeated back at her, and he smiled when he saw her nostrils flare.
 
“Don't make say it again,” Rukia growled.
 
“This question is definitely going to kill the mood…” Ichigo muttered lightly.
 
“Where?” Rukia shouted heatedly. Ichigo stopped smiling, pausing as he folded his arms across his chest.
 
“Renji's gone.” Ichigo told her flatly. Rukia's eyes slowly widened.
 
“Gone? What do you mean gone? Where did he go? When will he-” Rukia asked him, her voice breaking.
 
“When I got here his bags were packed.” Ichigo cut in quickly, hating to hear the hurt in her voice.
 
Rukia's shoulder's dropped. She lowered her eyes, shaking her head dismally. “So that's it? No explanations, no goodbyes, no anything?” Rukia spoke softly and to no one in particular. Rukia eyes followed over to the note that Ichigo tossed at her at the edge of the bed, and she warily walked over and picked it up, gripping the bed sheets close to her. As she began to read the contents, she could already feel the tears stinging her eyes.
 
“Yeah… I was surprised.” Ichigo drawled out slowly as he watched her read the note. “I guess handwriting doesn't count for much in the Soul Society.” Rukia eyes drifted over to Ichigo face, and he gave her small smirk. “A breeze came up, blew it into my lap.”
 
When Rukia finally finished reading the letter, Ichigo cleared his throat as he tried to look serious. “Look… I came over here because I wanted to talk. I felt I owed him an apology, and I owed you apology. When I got here he was on his way out the door. He said he didn't see how you and him could make it work… he thought you had other things you needed to take care of. I figure I'd stick around.”
 
Ichigo rubbed his shoulder, and his face screwed up with pain as he continued. “Your boy Renji gave me a good shot in the shoulder, so I came up here to lay down… and you know the rest.” He gave her a cocky smile, hoping to break the heavily depressed mood Rukia seemed to be in.
 
Rukia stared at him blankly, not amused at his efforts at all. “Go home Ichigo.”
 
Ichigo blinked. “You're sure you want me to do that?”
 
Rukia narrowed her eyes at him. “What?”
 
“Rukia… Renji's gone. And we're here.” Ichigo explained slowly.
 
“So?” Rukia snapped bitterly.
 
“So?” Ichigo repeated strangely.
 
“So what Ichigo. What are you saying?” Rukia asked irritatingly.
 
“I'm saying…” Ichigo flipped a pillow back against the bed nervously, taking a moment to finish. “We are here. The two of us, together. Isn't this what it's all about?”
 
“No,” Rukia hissed, walking along side the bed as she glared at the red-headed young man. “This is not what this was all about. This was about me. This was supposed to be about what I want. I was the one proposed to. I was the one who had a choice to make. Not a choice between two men; but a choice for my future… my life. But I'm not going to get a chance to make that choice; because at least two people and who knows how many others conspired to make it for me!”
 
“That's not true,” Ichigo told her defensibly.
 
“You interrupt our dinner,” Rukia countered as she paced the floor angrily. “He goes over to your house to discuss the marriage proposal. The two of you play Popeye and Brutus in front of Orihime's… then he leaves, and you're here. I don't why I bothered showing up. Everything seems to get done perfectly well without me. The two of you did just fine by yourselves!”
 
“But what about just now?” Ichigo asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
Rukia paled. Clasping her hands in front of her, she looked away from him. “What about just now? I thought that was him, I didn't know it was you.”
 
Ichigo smiled slowly, his cheeks flushing with the reminder of what Rukia said earlier. “Rukia… you said some things that -“
 
“And you didn't,” Rukia snapped softly, her gaze now back on him. “Nothing. Not during the whole thing, Ichigo. You didn't say a word.”
 
Ichigo's smile broadened, and after a tense pause he said, “I don't have to say anything.”
 
Rukia eyes widened with surprise. “What do you mean you don't have to say anything?” Ichigo didn't answer; he only stared back at her with this huge mocking grin on his face that made Rukia infuriated. “Stop smiling! Why are you smiling? How can you be so smug?”
 
Ichigo threw his legs over the edge of the bed, and stood slowly. Rukia's eyes followed him as he began to slowly walk around the bed towards her. “I'm not being smug- I'm being honest. You know it and I know it. You feel it; and I feel it.”
 
Rukia began to back up slowly at his sudden advance. “Stay away from me.” She warned him viciously.
 
“Here I come,” Ichigo said deeply, a glint of mischief in his eyes.
 
“But I don't want you, I've never wanted you,” Rukia tried to convince him, her eyes scanning the room for anything to ward him off.
 
“Yeah, right…I heard the speech and got the good-bye grope.” Ichigo sneered playfully.
 
“That was for him not you! Wake up! I'm not leaving him for you… I'm leaving him for me… me, me, me, me, me… is that clear?” Rukia sputtered out nervously as she discreetly picked up a small flower vase behind her.
 
“Let's try that in C Flat,” Ichigo chided, inching closer to her.
 
Rukia drew the vase up to Ichigo's view, and he tilted his head curiously. “Get back!” Rukia hissed.
 
Ichigo stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes narrowing down at her. “Put that down, Rukia.”
 
“No.” Rukia answered as she held the vase in a threatening manner.
 
“Put it down.” Ichigo demanded, his voice rising with annoyance.
 
“No.” Rukia repeated again, her tone teasing and light.
 
The tension was thick between them in the room now, and Rukia could see how Ichigo's chest was rising and falling with the anger that swelled in the pit of his belly. Ichigo searched her face silently; narrowing his eyes gradually as he scowled.
 
“I'm not going to force myself of on you,” Ichigo finally said softly, his eyes looking her up and down slowly. “I don't want to force myself on you. Tell you the truth, you're not worth it!”
 
Ichigo walked around her, grabbing his clothes that laid on the nearby chair. Rukia jaw dropped, and she whirled around to look at him. “Excuse me?”
 
“You heard me,” Ichigo growled, never looking her direction.
 
“What do you mean I'm not worth it?” Rukia asked again, setting the vase down as she gripped the sheet closer to her body.
 
“Not worth it, not worth it!” Ichigo yelled as he threw a hand up exasperatedly. He turned around to look at her, and his face red with rage. “No woman is worth this alright? Look…never mind, alright? Just forget about it. This was never meant to be!”
 
“How dare you!” Rukia shouted at him as she followed him right out the bedroom door and to the stairs. “I'm not worth it? I'm not worth it? Look who's talking about worth… if there were a close out sale on human beings you'd be the last one to sell!”
 
“You would know honey,” Ichigo muttered as he stormed downstairs.
 
“What does that mean?” Rukia barked as she stopped at the top of the stairs.
 
Ichigo spun around as he pointed his finger at her. “I'll tell you what it means. You're the kind of person that goes through life looking at the price tag instead of the merchandise! You want some guy with a good job, great looks, nice manners, well that's just fine. It makes sense - look at you… you're not a person, you're a poster. Well you deserve another poster.”
 
Rukia brushed a hair out of her face as she walked downstairs quickly. “You're going over the line, Ichigo.”
 
Ichigo was hopping on one leg as he stuffed it into his pants. “You spend more complaining than smiling! You spend more time with business than you do with pleasure!”
 
“And your way is better?” Rukia yelled as stood on her tip toes to look him dead in his eyes. “Acting immature and irresponsible? Is that you what you believe in?”
 
“Acting irresponsible? Is that all you believe in? Spare me.” Ichigo told her as he struggled to put his other leg into his pants.
 
“Well I know what you believe in, huh? A good party!” Rukia fumed as she threw her hands up into the air. “I - I can't believe this… this is ridiculous! I'm miserable!”
 
“So am I.” Ichigo replied as he zipped his pants up.
 
“Yeah well… I may have just let the best thing that ever happen to me get away,” Rukia told him with a shaky voice. He was about to walk off, but stopped when she said that, making his stomach twist. “And look at me; here I am spending the evening having another pointless argument with you!”
 
Swallowing thickly, Ichigo felt totally spent of emotion and words. Flaring his nostrils he growled, “Fine!”
 
“Fine!” Rukia repeated at him hotly, a tear rolling down her cheek.
 
“Good!”
 
“Good!”
 
“Bitch!”
 
“Bastard!” Rukia instantly shot her hand out and slapped him hard across his face, making his head turn in the direction of the blow. “Get out!” Rukia screamed, the tears flowing more freely now as she just watched him turn his face towards her, the expression on his face surprised that she actually hit him.
 
Rukia's heart was thundering in her chest, just looking at the person who she hated… and loved. Hate was in favor of her emotions so much right now the very sight of his face made something deep inside her snap violently. She threw as much force as she could muster in the next slap; and her palm and fingers throbbed with the pain in its aftermath. “GET OUT!” Rukia cried out again, her voice strained with red-hot rage.
 
Ichigo slowly turned his head to back to face her again, his right cheek stinging with pain. Rukia watched how he just stared at her darkly, his eyes glazed over with fiery hatred. That feeling in his belly… what he had mistaken for anger sprouted into something else now; and when he saw her hand swing for the third time, it trigged something deep within him that he never knew existed.
 
Desire.
 
Ichigo caught the offending hand by the wrist tightly. Rukia gasped, and frowned when she felt him add pressure to her wrist a little too tightly. Then Rukia felt it. The surging, electric sensations that swarmed around in her stomach that suddenly slammed directly into her chest. She didn't even realize both of them were breathing hard until now. She felt him pull her towards him, and she was suddenly pressed against his hard chest.
 
They stared at each other intensely for seconds but it seemed like an eternity. Unable to control himself any longer, Ichigo grabbed a fistful of her raven hair, and while holding her still by the wrist he kissed her. Shocked of his brazen behavior, Rukia initially tried to pull back. But as he continued to kiss her, she felt herself melting, spinning, self destructing, and simply submitting to the wonderful feelings that Ichigo ignited in her.
 
She had kissed other men before. But what made kissing Ichigo Kurosaki so powerful, so scary and yet so blissful all the same time she could never know.
 
He was grabbing her up roughly, kissing her so hard that he wanted to gobble her whole. Letting her wrist go, Rukia clutched at him crazily, scraping her nails along his naked shoulders and then raking them into his hair frantically. Desperate tongues battled each other as they both explored each others mouths deeply for the first time, and when they ran out of air they tore their mouths away from each other, catching their breath and panting raggedly.
 
Ichigo's amber pupils were dilated with lust as he gazed down at her darkly. Rukia wanted to say something, but couldn't. He stuck his tongue so far down her throat she figured he swallowed her entire voice. Ichigo leaned down to her neck, and finding and pulse right behind her ear he nipped there lightly, making her legs nearly give out from under her.
 
Oh my God… Rukia mind screamed. What the hell… how could he know that I would love that?
 
His hands and mouth as all over her at once, setting her entire body on fire. Her body suddenly felt the draft of cold air as Ichigo tore the sheet off of her, leaving her completely naked in front of him. She shivered with anticipation as his hungry eyes drank her in quickly, and she wondered if he liked what he saw.
 
The thought was quickly erased when Ichigo lowered his head, latching his hungry mouth on to one of her breast, sucking on it with the full enthusiasm of a newborn child. Rukia let out a hoarse cry of pleasure, pulling on his hair wildly. She felt her legs go numb, and suddenly couldn't stand anymore. Her mind was in a haze as she felt her back rest against the soft fibers of the carpet, not recalling how she got there. She moaned when she felt Ichigo's mouth leave her tingling areola to attack the other neglected one.
 
Ichigo raised his head, giving her a smoldering glance. His mouth curved into a sexy grin as lowered his head once more, his tongue trailing down her stomach, dipping into her naval playfully. Rukia watched in awe as he lathered his tongue across her body, and thought how Ichigo's tongue looked so long… but what puzzled her was what he intended to do with it. Rukia never had anyone kiss her body like this before, not that it was disgusting or anything - in fact if felt heavenly. But her curiosity peaked when she saw how his head was creeping dangerously closer towards her nether regions.
 
He looked up at her questioning face once more before his mouth ventured lower, his lips brushing against her soft raven curls. He kissed through the mass of hair; taking in her arousing heady scent has he took his hand and attempted to part her legs. He felt her pull against his movement, and he looked up at her panicked face. Her eyes were wide and her head shook with protest, not sure of what he wanted to do.
 
“Relax,” Ichigo spoke, his voice heavy and provocative. He even surprised himself with the way he sounded. “I'm about to make you feel so good.”
 
Rukia couldn't speak; she could only whimper slightly as relaxed her legs, allowing them to part as Ichigo settled between her creamy thighs. She watched in shock as he lowered his head again, the heat of his breath deathly close to her sex. She felt his hand slide under her leg, his deft fingers sliding between the hot sticky warmth. He held open her glistening flesh and his tongue snaked out, sliding leisurely against her. Rukia's body reacted violently with the contact as it jerked with overwhelming pleasure.
 
The salty, and yet sweet taste of her coated his tongue, and Ichigo knew at that moment he would always want it. He took another lap at her, this time his eager tongue swirled around the bundle of nerves that stood exposed from being so aroused. “Fuck,” Ichigo hissed against her as he continued to lick vigorously. “You taste just like I'd imagined… so fucking good…” He closed his mouth over her twitching clit, flicking the tip of his tongue over it quickly.
 
Rukia screamed, tightening her legs around his head forcefully. She came so fiercely; it was so intense that she saw stars behind her closed eyelids. The second the spasms of her release ebbed, she felt groggy, and then instantly embarrassed at how her traitorous body behaved. She pulled her heavy head up to look down at Ichigo, his face still down between her legs as he let her highly sensitive clit fall out of his mouth to drink in the ambrosia that spilled from her body.
 
Ichigo was feverish with tasting her, his tongue sliding across her vulva, and then finding her heated entrance he stuck his tongue inside as far as it possibly could, mimicking the thick muscle the same way a certain part of anatomy wanted to do. Rukia's rocked her hips against his face as she tried to catch her breath, her body covered with a fine sheen on sweat as she now felt his mouth return to her clit again.

Ohmygawwwh,” Rukia rasped out as she felt two of his fingers enter her cautiously. He pulled the appendages back gradually only to slide them in further, and began building into a rhythm in time with his mouth that made her legs shake. The steady humming that vibrated from Ichigo's throat made the pulsing pleasure ripple against her heated orifice until she exploded. Her release left her crying out Ichigo's name silently as she shuddered and nearly passed out.
 
Ichigo jaw ached as he finally pulled his mouth away from her, and he greedily licked his lips. He watched her twist and whiter in the after effects of her orgasm, and he smiled smugly. She was absolutely beautiful, and she was all his.
 
“Ohhh …shit,” Rukia panted, a satisfying smile curling up on her lips as she covered her eyes with her forearm. She didn't look at him yet. She couldn't look at him yet. Not after what he did. Her body ran hot with embarrassment and excitement as her breathing slowed down. How could he make her come two times within minutes of their lovemaking? Was it even possible, to have more than one? Taking in a deep breath, she uncovered her eyes to find Ichigo gazing right back at her, his tongue still running across his lips. She became instantly aroused again; her sex pulsating with anticipation of having him inside her, filling her void and completing her soul.
 
“How did….why…” Rukia spoke with a raw voice, pulling her self up on her elbows. She had so many questions, but her brain couldn't catch up with her mouth.
 
“You've never had a guy go down on you?” Ichigo asked incredulously, his eyes widening with amusement. Rukia shook her head slowly, and Ichigo smirked arrogantly. “God, Rukia…” he began with a small chortle. “You're doing wonders to my ego right now.”
 
As Rukia blushed furiously, she quickly clamped her legs shut as she suddenly felt awkward in the position he left her on the floor. Ichigo knelt down beside her, smiling modestly as his amber eyes twinkled at her.
 
“Did you like it?” Ichigo asked her sexily, his voice thick with passion.
 
Rukia's face became redder with his question, and as she swallowed she finally answered with a shaky nod, “Oh yeah.”
 
Ichigo's smile broadened as he reached out to brush a stray hair out of her flushed face. “Well… That's all that matters. Let's get you upstairs so I can do this right, shall we?”
 
Before Rukia could say another word, Ichigo picked her up off the floor and proceeded to run up the stairs to her bedroom. He laid her down carefully on the bed, and then stepped back to undress - again. Rukia sat up to watch him remove his clothing, her heart beating fast with excitement and anticipation.
 
“I don't have to say anything because I'm about to show you how I feel,” Ichigo suddenly informed her as he got to his shorts. “And when I'm done, you're going to feel absolutely and positively cherished.”
 
Rukia's heart skipped a beat, overjoyed that Ichigo could ever make such a declaration. As he pulled his shorts down, his cock sprung out from its confines, making her eyes widen with shock. He was huge. She knew he was endowed, she guessed that much when she was checking him out the pervious morning. But she never imagined this size. Wanting to gauge her reaction, he gave his fully erect member an experimental stroke, watching how she covered her mouth. He let out a small, lustful laugh.
 
“Don't worry… I'll fit.” He told her conceitedly as he walked over the bed, a knee pressing down the mattress.
 
Rukia narrowed her eyes at him slowly, thinking that he was being awfully supercilious with his comments now; but at this point her body begged for the attention he so desperately wanted to give. He crawled over to her, and stopped when his body was directly over hers. Rukia could feel the warmth of his naked body and the heat of his arousal as it slid against her belly, and she shivered. He was face-to-face with her, and he gazed at her dreamily a few seconds before his mouth descended down to hers, kissing her passionately.
 
Rukia's arms wrapped around his neck, drawing him closer to her lithe body. She moaned into his mouth, her hips rocking up to his feverishly as she parted her legs, allowing him to settle down between them.
 
Reaching down with one hand, he grabbed his hardness and gradually nudged it at her soaking entrance. The moment became frozen in time as they both stared at other, knowing they were about to embark into something that would forever change things between them. But after the oral exploration that Ichigo gave her moments ago had already put them past that point; but he had to assure her it was more than that. This was more than some lustful young man trying to get laid; this ran deeper than any emotion he'd ever experienced. He could see the uncertainty in her eyes, and he knew it was now or never to tell her how he truly felt.
 
“Rukia,” Ichigo spoke softly as he began to enter her with careful ease. “I love you so much.”
 
Rukia gasped, overwhelmed by the simple endearment as it made her body tremble with long awaited-happiness, and then she felt him push inside her, filling completely. She tensed; letting out a long moan as he stretched and filled her perfectly. She closed her eyes shut, trying to compose herself as she felt every inch of Ichigo, and then recalling what he said made her floodgates open rapidly. She arched her back, shivering with the unexpected orgasm that rippled all over the body. Her pussy began to spasm around his cock, and as she let out a long humming noise Ichigo watched her in total fascination. He gritted his teeth, keeping perfectly still as she rode her pleasure out. The way her body contracted around him was driving him crazy, and if he made one move against her sporadic movements he would follow her as well.
 
As the sensations ebbed, Rukia drunkenly opened her eyes as she smiled up at Ichigo, who looked further from content. He was working a thread of control at the moment, and he became worried at how Rukia seemed to jump around like her finger was in a light socket.
 
Her throat was dry as searched for her voice. “Wow,” Rukia gushed out in amazement and laughed in spite of her self, her cheeks blushing hotly. She has had orgasms before, but never at this level of intensity. And she's never had one on the first stroke, either.
 
“You okay?” Ichigo whispered.
 
“Mmmm, yeah…” Rukia purred as her eyelids drooped lazily, her hands sliding along his strong forearms.
 
“Good,” Ichigo ground out roughly as he began to move within her with deep, penetrating thrusts. They both groaned at the new sensations they both gave each other. Ichigo focused on her, his gaze hard and deep with concentration as he moved. His mind and body was in sensory overload as she grabbed him occasionally with each thrust, and it made him move faster against her. He knew he wasn't going to last much longer if she kept doing that, so he tried his best to bring her off at least one more time before he lost control. It was a task in itself as Rukia's nimble fingers ran down his back, grabbing his ass with tightly. He hissed, his head snapping back with a hard shove into her, making them both shudder.
 
“You like that, huh?” Rukia murmured, her tone sultry and ragged. She tired to grab him again but got distracted when Ichigo began to pump his hips faster into hers, making her shriek with delight. Her nails raked up his back, and Ichigo could feel the stinging trail she left in its wake, knowing she was leaving bloody scratches. Rukia drew in a deep breath, claming herself as she began to focus on her inner muscles, clenching them rhythmically with each of his thrusts. Ichigo drew his head down to her breasts, catching one into his mouth, his tongue lapping hard against the hard nipple. They desperately tried to make the other climax first, but the battle became so even handed at this point it was more torturing than gratification.
 
Ichigo would speed up get into an intense rhythm that made Rukia follow his lead, pushing her hips up into each of his frantic thrusts. Then he would slow down to a complete stop, making her squeal with frustration. He would kiss to silence her, deeply and long as he felt her melt away. He would begin again, slowly at first just like before. Rukia was in total bliss as her body tingled all over from the workout he was giving her now. Their lovemaking was beautiful and unique; like a dance they had memorized, moving to a tune that only the two of them could hear. It felt so natural and so right; leaving both them astonished at the total wave of emotions that washed over them. Rukia was astounded; she never had a lover that lasted his long, and attended to her every need… and then draw it out as long as he possibly could.
 
He ran a hand between their sweaty skin as he felt for her clit. Once his fingers found her treasure, he rolled it gently with his index finger. He watched Rukia's eyes widen, her mouth dropping open as she felt the fantastic jolts of pleasure vibrate across her body. Ichigo felt his control slip at the sight of her convulsing, so he began to pump harder and faster against her, his fingers still dancing across her engorged clit.
 
“Let go Rukia,” Ichigo breathed out as the sweat rolled off his face. “…You feel so fucking good… let go,” Ichigo rolled his eyes back in his head, his skin prickling with the onset of his quickly approaching release. Rukia felt her insides melt, and as she sailed off into ecstasy as she sobbed out Ichigo's name, her cries resounding all over the bedroom. He felt her squeeze him, the vise like grip making him struggle to pump into her flesh that tried to evict him now. He gave her a few more erratic hard shoves before he felt himself erupting deep inside her, making him let out a strangled cry, his sticky forehead pressed firmly against hers. His body suddenly felt like lead as he slumped against her, his head resting the nook of her shoulder. Ichigo's head spun as the blood rushed hard in his ears. Tried to move off of her small body, but he felt her arms embrace him tighter. He lazily turned his head to hers, and her angelic face was flushed with her post-orgasmic glow. Her eyes were closed as if she was committing every detail of Ichigo's body to memory. A low noise rolled around in her throat as she now ran a hand through his wet hair. Ichigo's body still throbbed with his after-affects of her his release; every few seconds his cock would tentatively twitch inside her as it slowly drew back down to normal size.
 
They laid there silently for some time, and Ichigo felt his eyes become heavy. A final thought skirted through his mind as the euphoric emotions took over his spent body. “I love you, Rukia.” He muttered softly as he fell fast asleep, a soft snore buzzing from his mouth.
 
Rukia's heart fluttered with those three little words, and she opened her eyes to gaze down at Ichigo in utter amazement. He loves me, Rukia's mind screamed as the tears stung her eyes. She knew it was true - he did love her. She could feel it, she could see it, and he proved it. She thought of all the time they wasted trying to discover the feelings they had for each other. But that was all over now… she had her man, and even though he did take a while to tell her how he felt, it was truly worth the wait.
 
::The END::
 
 
Did you hate it? Did you like it? Tell me in a review! Make sure to look out for my IchiRuki series that is coming out in 2008, and if I get to at least 20 reviews on this chapter I will publish my side story to this fic titled Another Again! Thanks for reading!