Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon of the North ❯ Chapter one: Plauged by Nightmares ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Dragon of the North
Chapter 1: Plagued by Nightmares
Blood! Blood was everywhere. Children lay dead in the street, their mother’s broken bodies strewn everywhere, the screams of the dying filled the night. A young woman, cold and lifeless laid in the middle of the carnage, an expression of fear and betrayal forever etched into her bloody face. In front of her was a man kneeling before her body, tears streaming down his face as he stared at his bloody, trembling hands.
“What have I done?”
Eyes wide with horror he looked at his sword covered in the crimson liquid and then back at the girl, his best friend, his lover, his wife!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_
“Noooooo!”   Jurei Shinawai shot upwards out of bed screaming, his messy blonde hair matted down by a cold sweat.
“It was just a dream!” He told himself “Nothing more!”
Panting heavily he reached his shaking hand over the bed and rested it on the shadowy silhouette that was his beautiful wife.
How long had these dreams been happening?” He wondered to himself. “How long would they continue? Would they come true?”
“You’re having nightmares again aren’t you?” His wife sat up slowly and took his hand into hers.  The feeling of her soft silky skin holding his hand calmed him slightly.
Jurei stared into her illustrious blue eyes, eyes that could break even the strongest resolve; there was no lying to her.
“Yes, unfortunately I am.”
“Will you tell me what the dream was?” She asked with true concern in her voice. Jurei knew it was hurting her to not be able to help but he couldn’t bare to tell her what he saw.   
“No.” He spoke the words so cold and harsh his wife was taken aback.
“Jurei I only want to help, but how can I if I don’t know what you’re dreaming. I want to help you stop them but I have to know what it is in order to stop it!”
“Tsuya, I know you want to help but this is something you can’t help with” Jurei sighed deeply; he ran his fingers through her soft blonde hair then kissed her gently on her forehead.
“Then make me a promise, tomorrow you will go to
Seireitei and seek help at the 4th division.”
Jurei laughed slightly to himself.  “Tsuya they don’t allow common souls past the gate, not without a Shinigami Academy Entrance Exam Pass, and I don’t have one.
Tell them it’s a true medical issue I’m sure they will let you through the gate”
Jurei sighed once again. “Fine, if it will make you feel better I’ll try. Now let’s go back to sleep I have a long journey ahead of me tomorrow” Jurei laid back down and slowly fell back into a restless sleep.
“I love you Jurei, I only want you to be happy” Tsuya laid back down unaware of the tear rolling down her husband’s cheek
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_
Darkness, pure darkness that’s all he could see, then a voice rang in his ears; such a familiar voice.
“Jurei…why?”
Jurei removed the sword from his wife’s chest, the sword he himself had thrusted into her. Her warm blood spilled from her body forever staining the dark soil, as her limp body collapsed to the ground. There was no emotion on his face, he was killing everyone and everything he saw and he didn’t care, in fact he was enjoying it.
Jurei then heard a voice he didn’t recognize but he couldn’t locate the source. “Shatter!”
Suddenly Jurei realized what had happened; he dropped his sword and fell to his knees, his bloody hands trembling.
“What have I done?”
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_

Jurei eyes shot open again, as he sat up. The sun was beginning to shine through the dirty window of his bed room. He rolled over and reached for his wife but found only a messy pile of sheets.
“Tsuya where are you?” Jurei stood and stretched his arms
“I'm in here hun” The voice was coming from the kitchen so Jurei clamored out of bed the best he could and stumbled into the kitchen where his wife stood smiling.
“Your hair is always so messy, why don’t you try combing it once in a while” Tsuya tried her best to style the mangled hair only to have Jurei mess it right back up.
Jurei smiled brightly then grabbed Tsuya by her waist, pulled her close and kissed her deeply on her soft lips.
“My, my someone sure is in a good mood this morning” Tsuya smiled as she kissed his husband back. She then shoved a boxed lunch wrapped in a handkerchief in his hands
Jurei sighed slightly; he was hoping she had forgotten about this.
“Eat that if you get hungry, and don’t be to long dinner will be ready for you when you return. Now off you go!” Tsuya pushed Jurei out the door and closed it behind him locking it as she did.
Jurei turned around and knocked on the door
“Can I at least get dressed first?” Jurei banged on the door again as two elderly ladies walked by and laughed at the man in his undergarments.
The door opened slightly and Jurei walked in
“Sorry about that.” His wife said as she looked down at the ground trying to stifle a laugh.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_
Finally dressed and on his way Jurei looked at all the shops around his home. He lived in the 37th district of North Rukongai, so the journey wouldn’t take him to long.
He gazed up at the sky, splotched with clouds and noticed they looked odd as if someone was messing with them. Instead of being white and fluffy they were flat and had a greenish tint to them.
“Huh, must be from the Department of Research and Development” Jurei said aloud.
It wasn’t to long before he reached the border of Rukongai and Seireitei, he looked down at his feet and took a step forward, crossing into the territory of the Gotei 13.
“STOP!!”
Jurei stopped instantly and looked behind him a man stretching nearly 30 feet in length stood before him.
“Hahaha and just what do you think you’re doing little man. No one gets past this gate without my approval! I am Danzômaru, Guardian of The Black Ridge Gate of the North!
Jurei fell back a few steps, and looked at this monstrous man, he began to shake and spoke the best he could, for the fear was making him stutter.
“I’m…I’m…Jurei Shinawai. I have come to…to…see the Fourth di…division medics.” Jurei tried to bow low to the ground in hopes of appeasing this massive giant.
“You shall do no such thing Kurei Shinawat only shinigami are allowed to enter here, you shall leave here at once or face my wrath. Besides you look perfectly healthy to me!”
Danzômaru pulled a massive hammer from his shihakusho and swung it threateningly at Jurei. “Now be gone!”
“Its Jurei Shinawai sir, and please let me through I only wish to see the Fourth Division medics sir.
“Haven’t I made myself clear?! Get out of here you little shit or I’ll smash you down to nothing!!
“Please sir, I don’t want to cause any trouble, I just need help. You see I suffer from horrible…”
Jurei never had the chance to finish as in mid sentence Danzômaru began to yell.
"ENOUGH OF YOUR INSOLENCE!!! DIE YOU LITTLE PEST!!
A large cloud of dust and debris shot outward from the impact zone, people from all over gasped at the severity of Danzômaru’s anger.
After a few moments Jurei opened his eyes and looked at his body; he hadn’t even been touched.
“How?” He wondered to himself “How could such a massive weapon miss such a small and easy target?”
 He looked above him a noticed that someone was standing directly over him. A single man, that was all, the head of the colossal hammer resting in his palm.
“He stopped it with his bare hand” Jurei spoke out loud with disbelief “Amazing!”
Danzômaru began to shake as the smoke and dust started to clear, his eyes widened as the true identity of the man was revealed, the figure was wearing a black shihakusho and over that was a white haori with the 5th squad emblem embedded on its back
“C…C…Captain Aizen!”
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_
End of Chapter One

Converting /tmp/phpPpQSIB to /dev/stdout