Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon of the North ❯ Chapter 2:Saved by the unknown Demon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Dragon of the North
Chapter 2: Saved by the Unknown Demon

“Now, now Danzômaru this just won’t do” Sôsuke Aizen, the leader of the Fifth Division stood before the Northern Gate Keeper.

“My…my sincerest apologies, Captain Aizen” Danzômaru lifted his hammer off of Aizen’s unharmed hand.

“Why would you attack an unarmed person when they are simply seeking help? Try to be understanding Danzômaru; you will get further in life with a little compassion.”

Aizen turned to Jurei still huddled on the ground, and held out his hand for support. “Hello there, I am Sôsuke Aizen leader of the Fifth Division; may I ask your name?

Jurei took Aizen’s hand and used it to help himself up. “I'm Jurei Shinawai, I only came to seek some medical help at the Fourth Division, I didn’t mean to cause so much trouble!” Jurei bowed as he said his apology. “Please forgive me Captain.”

“That’s quite alright Jurei no need for apology. Come I’ll personally escort you, that way you won’t run into anymore issues. I trust your ok with this Danzômaru?”

Danzômaru quickly stepped out of the way “Of course Captain”

Aizen smiled then started to walk inwards towards the heart of Seireitei, without stopping he turned his head back and gave a half glance as Jurei “Are you coming?”

Jurei quickly followed. As he passed Danzômaru he couldn’t help but look at the gate keeper. Once their eyes met Jurei was sure he saw a look of disgust, which only made Jurei move faster to catch up with the departing Captain.

“Um…Sir if I may; Why did you decide to save me?” Jurei inquired

Aizen didn’t reply he simply grabbed the handle of his Zanpakto and pulled it out a few inches. “Do you know what this is?”

“It’s a Zanpakto, the main weapon of a shinigami.” Jurei answered quietly as he stared at the blade, almost as if hypnotized.

“Exactly!” Aizen proclaimed as he sheathed his sword “And only the strongest of us are able to hear the name of our zanpakto, and out of all those only a select few are able to achieve the ultimate level…Bankai!”

Jurei looked at the Captain confused “Sir, what does that have to do with me?”

“Why everything of course. You see I saved you not only because it was the right thing to do, but because I can sense great power within you.”

Jurei stared at the Captain, his eyes wide in astonishment “Great power…in me?”

“Yes, great power. In two weeks time the Shinigami Entrance Exams will take place for the New Year. I would personally like you to come. What do you say, I promise you won’t be disappointed.”

Jurei continued walking but kept quiet, neither spoke for what seemed like almost an hour.

“Well if you decide to, then come on. But were here now”

Jurei looked up and saw a massive door with the Fourth Division emblem on it; he bowed and thanked the Captain before heading inside.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_
Darkness, pure darkness surrounded Jurei as fear swelled up within him. He was floating in a never ending void unable to see, unable to comprehend where he was.
“Jurei….can you hear me Jurei…? Open your heart, hear my call!!” a deep echoing voice called out.
“Whose there” Jurei replied back into the darkness “SHOW YOURSELF!!”
“I am He that has always been with you, I am you and you are I and together we are ONE! How long must I call out to you before you can hear me fully? “
“I don’t understand” Jurei proclaimed “Who are you? Where did you come from?” No sooner had Jurei spoken his question than a massive golden light filled the black void in which he was drifting in. A massive golden dragon formed in front of him bigger than anything he had ever seen before. The dragon lowered its head until its immaculate eyes were staring deep into Jurei’s.
“I am …….” The dragon spoke but Jurei couldn’t hear what he said. “It seems your ears are still clogged with fear boy. I am with you Jurei waiting for you to find the strength in your heart to call me.” The dragon’s voice began to fade as the light grew dim. “Jurei….”
Jurei woke up not scared but confused. “What was that” he thought to himself. Maybe I should go to the Shinigami Academy after all. Maybe they can explain what’s going on…”  
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_




The two weeks came and went and before Jurei knew it, it was time for the Shinigami Entrance Exams. Even though the treatment had helped some Jurei still had not been sleeping but this time it was because of his constant contemplation of the upcoming test and the vision on the golden dragon. Even as he approached the massive gate on the outer limits of the Seretei his mind was so focused he didn’t even notice Captain Aizen walking beside him.

“Well hello there Jurei I’m glad you decided to come” Aizen said as Jurei jumped, startled at the sudden appearance of the squad 5 captain.

“Captain Aizen!? What are you doing here?” Jurei asked quite perplexed.

“Well I am the one who invited you so it’s my duty to ensure your safe arrival. After all I’d like to think of you as my friend.” Aizen smiled as his messy hair fell over his glasses.

“Thank you Captain Aizen, I truly appreciate your kindness.” Aizen and Jurei continued in idle conversation laughing and joking all the while as the approached the Academy grounds.

“Well Jurei this is where I leave you, I’ll be waiting for you after you finish.” Aizen said but before Jurei could turn around and thank him he was gone. Jurei walked over to the sign in desk then went and sat near a tree by himself waiting to be called. He wasn’t there for long when a new figure walked over, there was nothing really special about him besides some messy black hair, but Jurei did notice he did have a tattoo of the number 69 on his cheek.

“Well hello there, I haven’t seen you around here before, what’s yours name?” The mysterious figure asked.

“Jurei Shinawai” he replied “And you are?”

“Call me Shûhei Hisagi, ill be the 9th Division Captain one day, you can count on that!” Hisagi seemed confident but Jurei thought he seemed kinda odd.

“Well good luck with that. So are you nervous about the exam?”

“Nervous, why would I be nervous? After all this is the third time I’ve taken the exam I know what to expect”

“Third time…?” Jurei questioned “And you’re gonna be the future captain of squad 9….let me know how that works out for you” Jurei laughed to himself

“You say that now, but when I become Captain I’ll have you scrubbing barracks for a year”

Jurei laughed out loud. “If you ever become Captain I’ll go join the Hollows!”

Before Shûhei could respond a loud horn blew in the distance, Jurei looked up confused about what it meant. Shûhei looked at him and smiled. “It has begun!”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

An hour later Jurei stood in line at the first testing station, nervous and scared. He didn’t know what to expect, didn’t even know how to do some of the things he saw other people doing. “This was a waste of time” He thought. “There’s no way I can do this, I should just leave now before I embarrass myself!”

“Hey relax, don’t worry about it it’s not as bad as you think.” Jurei turned around to see Shûhei standing behind him. “This one is simple; it’s the others you have to worry about.”

“What do you have to do?” Jurei inquired.

“Go behind the screen, they ask you some basic questions and you answer them truthfully. It’s meant to weed out those who will be too scared to fight and those with malicious intent in their hearts. It’s nothing hard.”

Jurei still wasn’t convinced but he tried to take a deep breath. It wasn’t long before he stood in front of the screen waiting for his turn. He looked to his left and saw three other stations same as his all with line stretching out.

“How many people have applied?” he thought.

“NEXT!” came the hard scream. Jurei walked behind and saw a very old man with thick glasses sitting behind a small desk.

“Name!” He said harshly.

“J…Jurei Shinawai” he replied with a stutter.

“Residence?”

“37th District of the North”

“Any family?”

“A wife.”

“Now for the good questions” the old man said leaning back. “So tell me Jurei, why do you want to be in the Gotei 13?”

Jurei didn’t say a word, how could he had no idea why he was here. He only came because he felt that he owed it to Captain Aizen for saving him. So was there really no reason for him to be here? Did he have nothing to stand for…? Then it hit him!

“Sir I’m here to grow strong to defend the only thing that matters to me, my wife. I want to be able to protect her no matter what.”

“That’s a noble reason” Came the response “But is it enough? As a shinigami you will be expected to carry out highly dangerous missions here and in The World of the Living. Missions where your comrades or even you could die. Are you up to that task?”

“I will do whatever it takes to become strong for her.” Jurei was surprised at his own new found resolve.

“Very well” The old man said, scribbling down some notes quickly. The rest of the questioning went by smoothly and finally after 10 more minutes had passed the old man thanked Jurei told him he had passed the first stage then pointed him to a small opening behind him. Jurei walked out and started down a long narrow walkway, he lost himself in thought and as he turned a corner he managed to run face first into Captain Aizen. He fell back and landed on his rear.

“Well Jurei we have to stop running into each other like this.” He joked

“Captain what are you doing here?” Jurei said as he looked up,

“I’m here to get you, you’re going to skip the rest of the exam, I pulled some strings and you passed with flying colors.”

“Really sir!?” Jurei asked with great enthusiasm as he stood.

“Yep, now come on I’ll show you where your classes will be.”

“Captain, why have you done this for me? What if I’m not good enough?

“Nonsense” Aizen said. “I intend to teach you a lot of this myself; to be sure you master it all.”

Jurei smiled and continued to follow Aizen; he found it strange that he began to feel a sense of admiration and loyalty for this man. He walked behind and more and more and single thought began to take over. “I’m going to be in squad 5 with him and one day! Then I’ll become a Captain to make him proud!”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

End of Chapter 2

Converting /tmp/phpJDReOr to /dev/stdout