Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Inescapable, You ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







**************************************** *************************************************************************** **********************I don't own these characters, so pleez don't sue me. You know the drill.
So, without further ado…. ready?…The GRANDE FINALE!!!!!!
O*** Inescapable You (Part 5)***O
Li was running, sweating and scared. Chased, he was being chased. Fog--rain---fire. Li stopped running suddenly, looked at his hand and screamed. Tiny spiders with razor sharp legs were swarming all over his hand, biting and sticking. Would the sharp pain never stop? He had to get them off. Violently, he shook his hand and pulled and shook and--
"OOOOFFFF!!!"
"Oww!!"
Li's eyes shot open as a heavy and soft weight fell right on his solar plexus. The weight groaned and rolled off of him to land on the floor with a thump.
"Li! You pulled me off of the bed!"
Li let his head flop sideways so he could look at the accusing green eyes.
"I'm sorry, my hand was asleep and it was incorporating into my dream!"
They heard a snickering and glanced up to see Kero peeking off from the side of the bed.
"Shut up!" they said in unison.
"Hmph. Fine. I'll just go sleep in a drawer then."
"Fine!"
Li sat up carefully. Sakura sat up and rested her head in her knees, gingerly cradling her forehead where it had bumped the floor.
"Are you okay, Sakura?" Li asked, tilting her chin up so he could examine her head. He brushed his fingers over the tender spot on her skin. Sakura's eyes were wide and her breath became shallow. Li did not notice because his eyes were examining her for injury with fierce concern. Satisfied that there was no permanent damage, he brushed a lock of golden hair from her face. Breathing felt painful and something churned inside of him in an indescribable, wonderfully painful wave. Li reached to steady himself and knocked over a book, spilling something all over the floor. The Cards.
They picked them up and started to put them back, each looking down to hide their blushing. Then they reached for the same card and their hands touched. They were holding on to the same card. Li looked at it, the Change Card. He saw Sakura studying it too.
"People change, right?" Sakura asked, her voice small but steady.
"What?" Li was surprised at the question.
She looked up, this time she spoke louder and more intently. "I said, 'people change, right?'"
"I suppose they do."
"You've changed since you first came."
"I was in a new place, I thought you were my enemy. You were the competition. I suppose I could have been nicer."
"Look at us, Li. We've been working together and it hasn't killed either of us."
"Yet," he interjected with a smile.
She smiled back, "true enough."
"So, from now on, we're partners?"
"Partners."
Their hands met in a firm shake, and electricity sizzled through the connection.
"Sakura, look. The chain is shorter. There's only two links!"
"I wonder why it got smaller?"
"Maybe because we got closer," Li said, looking down with a blush.
"Li, I'm going to be honest with you right now. I have been feeling very close to you over the last few days and, I've been trying to sort my feelings out. I'm not saying anything drastic that's going to scare you or anyth--"
She was cut off with soft fingers on her lips and intent amber orbs capturing her own eyes.
"Sakura."
"Yes?" she breathed, afraid to break the moment that was so fragile like filigreed crystal.
"I love you."
She gasped and the chain shortened another link until there was only one link separating their hands and their hearts. Their bodies moved closer and they could feel each other's aura intermingling with their own.
"And I…love you."
Their eyes closed and their bodies melted together as their lips met in a sweet and powerful kiss. Neither of them even noticed the handcuffs coming undone from around their wrists. The kiss ended and Li cupped Sakura's face in his hands and gave her a gentle peck on the nose and they giggled.
Together, they stood, making sure that they were still touching by holding hands. After having been together, it hurt to lose contact, even for a moment.
Li picked up the discarded handcuffs, and held them between them.
"Hmm. What are we going to do with these now?" he wondered.
She laughed, "get rid of them!"
"Agreed," he said with a smile, wrapping his arms around her.
That's when they heard it. A strange and grotesquely horrifying sound that they identified too late as the squeaking of a door hinge. In the horrifying stillness of the moment, Sakura remembered that they had gone downstairs in the middle of the night for a drink of water and had forgotten to relock the door. Time froze as the door swung open and a figure stepped through.
Tori stopped and froze, Li and Sakura froze. Tori's eyes took in the scene. His sister. The brat. Romantic looking hug. Sister in nightgown. Brat in sister's room. A pair of handcuffs.
(Calm Before The Storm)
"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"
Li, realizing that an, 'I can explain everything' wasn't going to cut it, did the wise thing and dove out the window, rolling down the roof ledge and making a hard landing in the soft grass. He quickly rolled to his feet and took off, not daring to look behind.
Tori made a dive at the window, but Sakura stepped in his way, giving him the Look.
"Tori."
He sputtered in frothing anger, "Spha--thebratwas---handcuffs--bhathe."
"Tori!"
He finally managed to focus on her.
"Tori, trust me. Nothing was going on. It's me, your sister, remember?"
"Sphaucyhsflskdjfoehhhhhhheekeshlk!"
Sakura rolled her eyes, sighed and Tori jumped out the window. There was a loud thunk and Sakura leaned out the window to see that her brother had knocked himself unconscious. An evil thought came to her head and she fought back a malevolent snicker.
Tori sat straight up. His sister and the brat…handcuffs! He blinked and then looked around. He was in bed? Sure enough, he was in bed, with the covers all pulled up and his pajamas on. He scratched his head and felt a slight bump. Where did that come from? There was a knock on the door, and Sakura walked in, carrying a tray with French toast and orange juice on it.
"How are you feeling, Klutz?" she asked.
"Sakura? What, how, uh, who?" he stammered.
Sakura gave him a pitying look. "Oh, poor baby. You don't remember falling down the stairs in the middle of the night? You got a nasty bump on your head."
Tori touched the lump again. Something didn't add up right, but he couldn't place it.
"I brought you breakfast, but I have to go now. I'll come see you later, but you should stay in bed for now, okay?"
Tori grunted distractedly and then shook his head and tried to go back to sleep.
"I can't believe you got away with that, Sakura."
She laughed evilly and kissed his nose.
"Then you don't know me, my dear."
They walked along the lake in the park. The sun sparkled off the rippling water and the wind blew lightly.
"Ready?" Li asked.
"You bet."
Li reached back his arm and threw a pair of shining gold links as far as he could into the center of the lake. He then put his arm around Sakura's shoulders as they watched the instrument that had brought them together sink into the depths.
Sakura turned to look at Li with eyes shining bright with hope and new love.
"Partners always?"
Li grinned an evil smile of his own, "As if I could escape you."
She hit him playfully and they ran happily around the park.
A casual observer might have noticed the happy couple playing in the park on a beautiful afternoon and noted that, curiously, when they neared each other, the sun seemed to glow a bit brighter and a glint of gold seemed to shine from their clasped hands.
THE END!!!!!! Horahhhh! I'm so thankful to those of you who were patient with my procrastination. I'll try not to let it happen again. I love you guys, so tell me what you thought! So kisses, hugs, and see ya soon!!!! Luv ya!!! ;o)
******************************************************************* **********************************************************************