Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Ran's Scary Thoughts ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Conan sighed, looking into the mirror. Good morning Conan. Conan…God…how I hate that name…It’s getting old.
Of course it’s been seven years.
Seven years…
I should be 24…I should be able to DRINK (not that I would…)…no…I’m 14…again…
He smiled. At least…At least I have someone to grow up with.
All those years ago, when Ran had said that she didn’t want to wait for him. That it had been too long.
He understood. It had been too long for him too.
At first, he was reluctant, but…but he had grown to accept it. Ran seemed happier, not being chained downed to one person.
“Kudo…”
“Haibara…” She smirked. “You aren’t in the best of moods…you’re not… ‘Conan…’”
He smirked at the high pitched voice she used when she said ‘Conan’
“Ran has decided not to wait for Shinichi anymore. There’s no reason for Kudo Shinichi to remain here. It’s now…Edogawa Conan…the smart little boy that is good at soccer. Gah…”
“Edogawa huh?”
“Yes…laugh…”
“Why…& #8221;
“I was sure you would have a reason…”
“None at all.”
“Haibara?”
“Yes?”
“Wi ll you…will you stop calling me Kudo?”
“No…”
“Why not!?”
She stalked up to him, scowling at him, pinning him to the wall. “Because when I met you, you weren’t ‘Edogawa Conan,’ you ARE Kudo Shinichi! If tried to be Edogawa Conan all the time you would go insane, did you know that?”
“…Haibara…”
“BesidesR 30;Kudo’s taking me out to dinner tomorrow. Not Edogawa.”
“What!?” he watched her walk off. “HAIBARA! WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?” she waved him off. “HAIBARA!”
He smiled. “Ai…” she helped him so much…getting over who he was.
His jumped slightly as his cell phone rang, “Moshi Moshi.”
“Edogawa?”
“Ai!” he smiled. “I told you to call me Conan…CO-NA-N.”
“Whatever…” he heard the smile in her voice. “Are you coming?”
“What?”
“School, Conan…we go there everyday. Pretend to do work so on and so forth.”
“I’ll be there in five minutes!” he closed the phone and dashed out the door.
Somewhere along the way, he had gotten Haibara to call him Edogawa. It was around this time that he started calling her Ai, and realizing that his feelings for her were stronger than just friends.
“CONAN-KUN! HURRY!!” Ayumi yelled. “WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE!” He grinned as he caught up with the three of them, smiling widely at the blonde girl. “Sorry…I got side tracked…”
“You always do…”
He blushed as what they said was right. “Let’s go!” he clasped his hands in Ai’s.
Arigatou Gozaimasu Ai-chan. For being their when I needed it the most. For letting me fall in love with you. For loving me in return. For everything. Thank-you.