Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ It all started with the fat guy.... ❯ Shopping Buddy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two: Shopping buddy

Sitting at on the deck of the ship, Spike held his cigarette in between his lips as he waited. He dressed himself in his usual clothes; a yellow t-shirt with a navy blue jacket over it (with it's hole stitched) and matching slacks. His wound from the other night was still noticed by small pains, but was hardly a bother to him now.

Getting irate, he grumbled and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Faye!" he shouted.

Instead of Faye coming out of the door way, Ed burst out; tumbling around until finally stopping in front of Spike.

"Ed wonders where Spike-person and Faye-Faye are going tonight? Ooh! Maybe Spike-person is taking Faye-Faye on a date!" Ed grinned and brought her face closer to Spike's.

Spike backed away and shook his head, "No, it's not like that Ed. I'm only taking her to buy-"

"Spike-person likes Faye-Faye!!" Ed interrupted. She started to roll around and jump while she chanted, "There's love, love, LOVE in the Bebop!!" Spreading out her hands like an airplane, she continued to chant while running back in the ship.

Spike had intentions of following her and shutting her up but for some reason, he didn't really care. After finishing his second cig, he finally spotted Faye walking out of the entrance. She had her usual clothes; skimpy tank top and shorts, and of course no-red coat.

Faye walked over to him; a look of confusion in her face, "What's up with Ed?"

Shrugging, Spike rolled his eyes, "No-one will ever know what's up with Ed."

Faye nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, so anyways," she started, "let's go now, before it gets any late."

"Exactly what I had in mind." he started to walk off the ship with her. They jumped down to the wooden dock of the port and walked out to the streets of the city they were in.

Both were quiet as they walked; not minding the other. Finally, Faye spoke.

"So, may I ask, what type of clothes do you have in mind for me?" a little worry in her voice.

Spike looked up, "I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure it isn't your type." He turned to her to watch her face shift into discouragement.

"Look, I don't want anything that's going to make me look stupid, alright?" Faye grumbled.

Spike shrugged at her, "It's not stupid.. I swear it isn't."

"Somehow, I don't believe you." Faye sighed and placed her hands behind her head as she strolled beside Spike.

They soon entered the shopping district of the large city. Spike looked around the different window displays, hoping to find the a shop with the kind of clothes he had in mind.

Faye was also looking around. She was both looking at what Spike was trying to find and shops she might convince him in going.

Finally spotting the the shop he knew had the kind of clothes he wanted inside, he grabbed hold of Faye's hand dragged her in.

Startled, Faye followed unwillingly. She had glanced the shop's name and whined, "Blue Paris? I don't like blue!"

Spike didn't pay any attention to her, instead he continued dragging her in until they finally reached the inside of the store.

A young blonde woman greeted them, "Bonjour! How may I help you in this fine evening?" she said in her fake French accent.

Faye's eyes suddenly felt like it was going to go blind; everything in the store was mostly blue. She let out a soft whine.

Spike turned to her and grinned, "Well, let's get them clothes." He turned back to the blonde woman, "Yeah, I'd like her-" he pointed to Faye "-to try out some clothes."

The woman nodded her head, "Uh-huh, alright!" She turned to Faye, "Miss, please follow me. I'd like to get your measurements." she pulled out a measuring tape.

Faye looked at her in confusion, "E-excuse me?"

"Your measurements? So that I may get the right fitting clothes for you." the woman repeated.

Faye raised a brow, "Measurements of what?"

Spike sighed, "She wants to measure your waist, bust, yadda-yadda." He looked down; trying to hide his embarrassment.

Turning red in the face, Faye face-faulted, "Oh.." she muttered.

The blonde continued to urge Faye to come with her.

Faye shook her head, "No, that's okay. I'll just tell you it."

Spike coughed unexpectingly and looked at Faye in wonder, "You know.. you're own measurements?"

Faye eyed him, "What?! Like I'm not supposed to? Besides, I'm not letting her circle around me and wrap me with that.. measuring thing." she walked down the small steps and bent down to whisper her measurements to the woman.

The woman's face reddened as soon as she heard Faye's measurements, "Oh my!"

Finding her surprised action offensive, Faye grabbed her collar, "Hey! It's not a big deal alright?! I grew this way!"

Meanwhile, Spike stood behind it all with only one thought in mind why Faye would say those words. He shook his head, "Faye, don't kill her. Just let her get the clothes so we can go."

Grumbling, Faye let the woman go and watched her scurry to the back. She turned to Spike, "Why are we shoppin here, anyways?!"

Spike stepped down the steps and headed to a small sofa near the waiting rooms, not saying anything.

Faye followed behind; hardening the fall of her steps as she walked. She stood in front of Spike, waiting for his answer.

Spike looked up to her, "They have nice clothes here." he timidly said.

"Nice clothes?! Clothes for those goody-goody people?! Those aren't nice!" Faye spat.

"And you think clothes that make you look like a slut are nice?" he mumbled.

Faye's nerve peaked, "Are you calling me a slut?!"

Spike glanced at her up and down, making Faye squirm in dis-comfort.

"What the hell are you doing?!" she let out.

"I'm trying to think.. whether you look like a slut or just your clothes." Spike raised his eyes to her, "It's your clothes."

Faye tried to say something back, but she couldn't think of anything. She didn't know whether or not to take his words as a comment or a compliment.

Bursting in, the blonde woman hurriedly brought by a bundle of clothes, "So sorry I'm a little slow, but here are some clothes that you may find fit."

Faye's eyes moved to the bundle and noticed that in fact, all clothes in this store are nothing but blue. She groaned and looked at Spike, "Blue?"

Spike nodded and stood up to look at the pile. He picked outfits out one by one, carefully seeking out which one he wanted.

Peeking from behind, Faye tried to see the different combonations Spike had in mind for her. She found all of them bad and out of taste, "You know, you don't have to do this. I changed my mind." she said to him.

"Too late, I found one." Spike turned to her with a small pile of clothes in his arms. Grinning, he handed it to her, "Go on and try it."

Faye un-reluctantly took the clothes and timidly went in the dressing room. Spike could hear her groan in dismay as soon as she went in.

Sitting back down, Spike waited for Faye to finish.

"I hate it!" Faye shouted from the dressing room.

"Too bad, I'm sticking with it." Spike shouted back. He turned his head to the dressing room and found Faye standing there with her arms crossed and her head tilted up.

Spike slowly stood up, not taking his eyes off of her. Just as he imagined; the differently hued, blue turtle neck sweater suited her upper body and the short, black leather skirt hugged her hips just right.

"Blue IS not my color." Faye huffed.

Spike smiled, "Faye, it looks good."

Faye lowered her eyes to him questionly, "You really think so?"

Walking closer to get a better view, Spike was grinning his widest, "Yeah." he answered slowly.

Flushing crimson, Faye sputtered, "Well.. uh.. i-it's not my style." She stared at the floor below, trying to hide her flattery.

All the while, Spike still kept his eyes at her and her outfit. Seeing a great difference, Spike spoke, "If you take out your headband, I bet you'll look more beautiful."

Faye looked up at him, meeting his eyes. [Does he think I'm beautiful?] She watched as he broke their silent gaze and brought his hand up to remove her head band. She felt the pressure of the band being removed off her head and her hair falling over her eyes.

With a quick move, Spike brushed the strands to the sides and tucked it behind her ears, "There, now it looks better." He still had his hands behind her ears and without thinking, he slid them down underneath her jaw.

Getting lost to the feeling of closeness with Spike, Faye became weak. She felt like she was melting on him. She could feel her face burn under his touch, and her knees buckle as his warm breath brushed her forehead.

Once again his eyes met at hers and all was silent.

Spike, in no doubt, felt the same as he gazed in Faye's and held her near him. His eyes wandered around her face, admiring her milky tone and soft skin. He found himself leaning towards her and focusing on her lips. He swore he could see her do the same.

They're lips were now an inch apart, and the air between them grew more and more hotter. Both of they're eyes closed, depending only on the width of the space between them. It wasn't soon after that they're lips brushed and...

"So have you found something you liked?" a shrilly voice interrupted.

As Faye and Spike opened they're eyes suddenly and noticed that they were.. extremely close to one another, both pulled back quickly.

They turned away from one another; red faced and speechless.

"Um sir? Have you found what you were looking for?" the blonde woman walked over to Spike.

"Uh.. well yeah.. I mean," Spike quickly muttered. He turned to Faye who still stood there a little confused, "Uh... Faye, do you think that's ok?"

"Um... yeah." Faye quickly answered. She motioned to the dressing room, "I-I'm gonna get my clothes and.. yeah." she hurriedly ran in the dressing room.

Spike pulled out his credit card and handed it to the woman, "Um.. so thanks for the clothes."

The woman nodded and left to run the credit card in the machine. She came a few minutes later--the same time Faye came out of the dressing room wearing her new outfit and carrying a bag with her old clothes--and handed the card back to Spike, "Thank you! And thanks for shopping in Blue Paris, we hope to see you soon!"

The two awkwardly left the building and quietly headed back to the Bebop.

Spike was walking a little bit ahead of Faye in silence. Faye didn't like the silence between them at all. After all that might have happened back there, she was hoping he could explain it to her. She couldn't for sure.

Walking slower, Faye was now at least three feet behind him as they made their way back.

At last they had made it home. Both went on to their own separate rooms without a word to anyone, not even to the worried Jet.

~
Sighing, Spike sat on his bed in his chamber. He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it. [What was I thinking?] he thought to himself as he replayed the 'close-to-almost-kissing-Faye' event in his mind. Sighing again, he stretched out on his bed. He breathed out some smoke and covered his head with the back of one of his hands.

Thinking deep and trying to find the answers to why he tried to kiss her tonight, Spike wondered if he had fallen for her. He gave a loud grumble.

A loud knock was heard behind his door. Spike looked up, "Who is it?"

"Faye." the person answered.

Spike immedietly stood up and opened door. Sure enough, there stood Faye outside his door with the same lovely outfit he had picked out for her, "Yeah?" He kicked himself in his mind for sounding so un-caring.

"I was just wondering.. do you have my headband?" Faye softly asked.

"Oh.." Spike began to dig in his pockets until he finally grab hold of it. He pulled it out and handed it to her, "Here."

Taking it, Faye thanked him. She slowly turned around and just as she was about to leave, Spike grabbed hold of her arm and stopped her.

"Listen, Faye. About earlier..." Spike started.

"It's nothing. It was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. It's no big deal." Faye answered quickly. She turned to him and smiled.

Spike frowned, "No, that's not what it was." he said softly.

Faye looked at him oddly, "You don't mean..."

Spike shrugged, "Who knows? But I do know that it wasn't any 'spur-of-the-moment' type of thing." He leaned on his doorway and took another breathe of his cigarette.

Faye stood before him, trying to store what she had heard from him, "You can't be attracted to me! You hate me!" she protested.

"I don't think I do." Spike taunted, a slight grin on his lips, "I hope you don't mind."

"I do mind!" Faye grunted and threw her hands up in the air in frustration. "Look, Spike! Just forget that whatever happened today, never happened!"

Spike ran his fingers in his hair and shrugged, "Whatever." He then went back in his room and shut the door behind him.

Faye happily stomped back to her room and slammed her door closed.

Jet, who had heard the whole thing, couldn't believe his ears. [Spike, attracted to Faye?] he thought he'd never see the day. Hoping it was just a dream or his ears playing tricks on him, Jet went back to his duties without thinking anything about it.

"There's love, love, LOVE in the Bebop! Whooooooo-hoooo, heeheehee!" came Ed, from who knows where, and continued on with her chanting all around the ship with Ein following and barking along with her.


~review pleaze!~

On the next chapter:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faye: Hey, why are we doing this?

Spike: Yeah? How come we're introducing the next chapter like this?

Strife21: .. um cause.. some authors do it, and I felt like it and I think it's a really cool idea!

Faye: ||o.O~|| isn't that copying?

Strife21: ....

Spike: `'O.O'`'` ..I think it is.

Strife21: .. not really...

Faye: You shouldn't copy other people you know?

Strife21: .. I don't mean too.. I just think it's really cool! ;_;

Faye and Spike: Sure...

Strife21: ... Just introduce the next fic pleaze! !_!

Spike: ... fine. The next chapter is about thoughts and feelings. -looks crossly at Faye- Which someone here doesn't have...

Faye: ||o.o;|| .... I have reasons..

Spike: -snottily lifts chin up-

Strife21: O_o? Well anyways, next chapter is mostly romance/flirt and all that mush... Chapter three: To cope; or not to cope?