Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ It all started with the fat guy.... ❯ Midnight snacks, among other things. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N:This story is very slowly updated in Mediaminer, but if you'd like to read more of it sooner, go to ffnet and under my author name, Strife21, you'll find it there. It's up to chapter 7 in ffnet.

Chapter four: Midnight snack among other things.
[Hears Spike laughing in the distance]


The Bebop was silent around the darker hours. Well, in space it's always dark but it was the time that told everyone that it was night.

"12:03 a.m." Spike grumbled as he stared at his bedroom ceiling. His stomach gave a hungry cry. Spike patted his stomach, "Settle down, we'll get food." he told it.

With a groan, he slowly got up. He walked towards the exit of his room, scratching his neck as he headed out. He walked towards the living room and stopped to look around. No one was around. He gave a yawn and continued towards the kitchen.

Making his way there, he stopped as he saw a figure, head down on the kitchen table. A small empty glass near her, and a half empty bottle of liquor.

"Whoa."

Faye opened her eyes and spotted a shirtless guy walking towards her, "Heysh.." she slurred. She proceedingly looked up as the guy sat in front of her; she smiled at him, "Shpike.. whatcha' doin' up this late?"

"I got hungry.." Spike couldn't help but feel amused, "Faye, you're drunk." The woman in front of him smirked.

"Naw.. I'm just overly happy.. ish all."

Taking the half done bottle, he looked for the label. "Moonshine? Where the hell did you get this? This is rare stuff." he eyed Faye, who went back slumping her head on the table.

"I shtole it from Tijuana thish one time.." she answered.

Spike shrugged. Taking Faye's glass, he poured himself a one and quickly gulped it down. The alcohol washed down his throat with speed causing him to almost spit it out. He felt his head give a sudden swish, "This thing is strong." he groaned.

Faye snorted with laughter, leaving Spike suspended from the reason.

"How much did you actually have of this?" he asked.

"Weel.. less' say, the bottle wash full a couple of minutes before you came in." she fell into another fit of laughter.

Pouring himself another glass, Spike placed his elbows up on the table, "You got any food?"

Faye grunted, "Ed ate all the food..."

"Dammit." Spike drank his glass and winced as the acidic liquid once again rushed down to his stomach, "So why are you getting yourself drunk?"

"I need to be happy... getting drunk makes ya happy right?"

"Not really.." Spike spoke, "It can for some time then it could turn right back at you."

Faye chuckled, "Weel I'm quite happy right now.. hehe." She tilted her head up so that her head was still against the table but she was facing Spike, "Whatcha think of me Shpike?"

Spike looked at her and shrugged.

"Do you think I'm evil?" she had a cynical look in her eyes and started to laugh.

"You're obviously really, really drunk now, Faye. Why don't you go to bed?" Spike asked in a worried tone.

Shaking her head, Faye wobbled to her feet; supporting herself with the table, "I'm not tired yet!" she responded, "I wanna watch some telebision.." With that she started to walk towards the living room but dropped to the floor at her attempt. She snorted with laughter again.

Spike gave a sigh and chuckled at her clumsiness. He got up from his seat and went beside her to help her up. He reached under her arms and lifted her laughing self up, "Faye, god you're drunk."

Still laughing, Faye managed herself up to her feet once more with the help of Spike. She then proceeded to walk to the living room, but had to be led there by Spike.

Spike, who held a grip on Faye under her arms, timidly followed. Even if he didn't want to spend an evening caring for a drunk, he was enjoying the fact that it was Faye and she was being so giddy. Her smile was really childish and her eyes gleamed with pure happiness.

As they reached the couch, Faye propped herself on one side while Spike sat beside her with a sigh.

He took the tv remote and opened the tv, "What do you wanna watch?" he turned to Faye who sat there with a slight calmness in her face. Spike turned so that his face was in front of her. She gave him a smile.

"Shpike.. I think my happiness is wearing off..." she muttered.

Spike smiled, "I told you so."

Faye looked down to her knees then groaned out loud and threw her head back on the couch, "What if I drink more Moonshine?"

"I don't think that'll help any. It'll probably just make it worse." Spike watched her slowly dissolve into bitterness. He rested his back on the couch and placed his arm around Faye's neck and pull her towards him.

Faye slid her head on his shoulder, "I feel really sick."

"You just need sleep." Spike reassured her. He moved her closer until she was comfortably resting in between his right arm. Her arms reached around his waist as she curled up beside him.

"But.. I'm not tired yet.." she quietly renounced. Her eyes fluttered down and her breathing became soft.

Spike watched as the woman in his arm silently drift to sleep. Her face was calm and angelic. So peaceful was her face that a man's own world will be brought down if he disturbs her rest the slightest bit.

Spike smiled at this and prompted himself up so he could be comfortable also. He clicked around the channels of the tv, careful not to wake the person with him. He looked up to the clock in the middle of the room,

"12:30 a.m."

and he drifted to slumber.


~review pleaze!~

On the next chapter:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faye: aww such a sweet chapter!

Spike: You're a funny drunk, Faye! Maybe you should stick with it as a career? HAhahahahahaha!

Faye: -turns away and reveals claws for hands-

Faye: -about to jump on Spike with claws but stops midair-

Strife21: .. ahem.. are you guys going to do this right?

Spike: `'`O.o;'` Of course! hehe..

Faye: -falls off from the air and smack down to the floor- yesh..

Strife21: ^_^ Alright then.. start.

Spike: Ok, next chapter is a re-make of Boogie Woogie Feng Shue.

Faye: -still face flat on the ground and is announcing from that position- This chapter will have part of that epishode, but will mostly have the author's alternative views of me and Spike.

Spike: -looks at Faye to see if she's going to get up- Um...

Faye: -still on the floor- .. I think I broke my hip..

Strife21: ^__^Title! Do the title! -happy that her little slaves.. er.. borrowed characters are doing their job-

Spike: `'`o.o;'` ok.. but I think Faye's hurt.

Faye: I'm hurt! ||x.x||

Strife21: Nah, Faye's fine. Now tell them -points to the readers- what the title is.

Spike: .. okay.. Chapter five, Feng Shue? What the heck is it?

Strife21: OmG! You guys actually did it! ^O^

Faye: ...||x.x|| no problem.. urp..

Spike: `'`O.o;;'` ..I seriously think Faye needs medical attention.

Strife21: -not listening- You two deserve stickers! ^_^

~laterz, cowboy...~
=========================================================