Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Four, Chapter Forty-One: Tempest ( Chapter 41 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Tempest

There is pulsing in the air. Sakura is already gone. She is an agony. He could feel it. Her pain was enough to wake him up.

How long had it been since he last saw her? Time didn't matter to his essence. All it took was his little princess to wake him up.

I'm coming, Sakura!

He vanished from his prison.

-----------

-Sakura-

It… hurts

Her heart raced so fast. But she can't stop. Something won't let her. Black veins began to cover her skin. The others are trying to get her back and calm her down.

“What do we do?”

“I don't know.”

“Come back.”

“Come back!”

Her silent screaming drowns out everything around her. Suddenly, another voice cut through the thick misery.

“Sakura!”

She opened her eyes and turned her head. A hand grabbed her on the shoulder. She could barely see through her blackened eyes. That touch seemed to stir something inside of her.

“Papa?” she asked. A strong pair of arms wrapped around her.

“It's okay now,” a voice whispered. “Shhh. Shhh. Shhh.” Sakura tried to struggle away but he wouldn't let her up.

“Shhh. Shhh. Shhh.”

I have her. What now?

Aim for the chest. He didn't need to be told twice. But before he could move, he got a good look into her eyes. Tears ran down her cheeks.

“Aw, were you afraid to lose me again?”

“Yes.”

He kissed her on the forehead. He pulled her to his chest. Sakura's tears filled his essence. A hand pressed against her back.

“I will never let you go,” he said. His free hand raised and darted into her chest. Sakura let out a loud gasp. Her body shuddered. Her mouth moved up and down as she tried to talk.

“Shhh. Shhh. It's okay,” he whispered. “You don't have to do this anymore. It's all over.” His fingers dug to her heart. She made choking noises as he went in deeper. A little bit of black blood trailed down the corner of her mouth. He finally found the shin heart. He added a third and crushed the half in her heart. Sakura just collapsed in his arms. He gave her one more kiss before he drew back his hand. Her body twitched one more time because she was out cold. The black veins disappeared from her skin. She breathed normally. He gave her one more kiss.

“You're safe now,” he whispered. “It's all over.” He disappeared with her in his arms. Then it all went silent. The storm had passed by now.

----------

Kaze-san let go of Spike, letting the cowboy drop to the ground. She herself fell back against the wall. She put hand to her chest.

“It's over,” she said. “It's all over.” She looked up at the ceiling.

“Thank you, darling,” Kaze-san whispered in the darkness. A single tear ran down her cheek.

Darkest Before the Dawn