Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Four, Chapter Forty-Two: Aftermath ( Chapter 42 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Aftermath

Morning rose. Spike awoke with the sun rays hitting his eyelids. He looked toward the door when he heard it open. Kurotio poked his head inside.

“Helloooo?” he asked. Foxtrot, Ed, Francesca, Frankie, and Cherry popped in with him. Spike had a flat look on his face.

“Oh, it's you,” he said. Everyone piled into the room.

“That's just cold,” Cherry complained. Spike rubbed his head.

“What happened?” he asked.

“It's over!” Ed shouted.

“Oh,” Spike said. He noticed how quiet everything had been until now. Small pieces of memory came back to the cowboy. So Kaze-san managed to pull it off.

“Heh,” he said. Spike looked through the small crowd by his bed.

“Where's Sakura?” he asked. There was a pause. The visitors started to look grim. Ed kept her head down.

“What?” Spike asked. They started looking away. Ed tried not to laugh. Foxtrot nudged her in the side.

“What's going on?” the cowboy asked. Nobody said a word.

“Hey!” someone shouted from the doorway. Everyone looked up to see Sakura walking in. She looked like a ray of sunshine as usual. The other visits beside the bed tried not to laugh. Francesca held her smile behind her mouth. Ed just burst out laughing. Cherry held it together a little bit better but not by much.

“What the hell?” Spike asked.

“Sorry, Spike,” Foxtrot said. “Kurotio insisted.” The cowboy rubbed his forehead and rolled his eyes. Lame. Sakura walked over to the bed and embraced him. Spike pulled her into his arms.

“I missed you,” she whispered. He patted her on the back of her head.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said. She looked into his eyes.

“And it's all gone?” Spike said. Sakura closed her eyes for a moment. She opened them again.

“Yeah,” she said. The tenshi-chi rested her head on his chest. Spike just rubbed her on the back. They would be going back to their ship soon.

----------

Kaze-san looked at the waves. She put her hand to her chest. She couldn't hear his voice anymore. Somehow, the angel was okay with this. Still, she knew that she couldn't move on.

The woman glanced behind her when she heard footsteps on the sand. Pancha stood inches away with the broom in her hand.

“Is he really gone this time?” she asked. She didn't need to ask. Kaze-san bowed her head.

“I see,” Pancha said. “What do you plan to do now?” The angel smiled and lowered her hand to her side.

“Keep watch until I have to go,” she said. “It's all I can do, really.” She noticed the slight hint of concern in Pancha's eyes.

“I'm fine with this,” Kaze-san said. “I can stay around a little bit longer.”

“Don't you want to go back to Heaven one day?” the hand maiden asked.

“I might,” her mistress said. “But it doesn't feel right to do it now.” Pancha bowed her head.

“I understand,” she said.

“You can stay if you want to,” Kaze-san said. “Or you can go. It's up to you. I can't decide for you. Whatever you decide, I will honor it.” Pancha walked over to stand by her.

“I will stay,” she said.

“I understand,” Kaze-san said. The women looked out at the waves before them. It wouldn't be long before they too had to leave. They would have to deal with Heaven and the administration later. For now, they would just stand there and enjoy the quiet peace around them for another day.

Owari