Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Deny ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Deny
*Poppy*
I didn't want to believe it at first. Maybe because I was happy to have a boyfriend that actually loved me for myself and not because of Melanine. But Ralph was my true love. Or so I was lead to believe. Everybody kept giving me subtle hints about him. I either rebuffed them, change the subject, or flat out deny it. But one night I had no choice but to see the ugly truth for myself.
I was heading back from my Theatre History I class late one night. I had my evening planned out. I was going to head back to my dorm, change out of my uniform, do the remainder of my homework, and go and visit my boyfriend, Ralph, in his dorm. I always go weak when I think about him. I loved him to death and he felt the same about me. Or so I had believed. I smiled happily at my evening plans. They were laid out so perfectly. But, all of that was about to change.
I had finished most of my plans in a short time. Pretty soon, I was dressed in blue jean shorts and a hunter green t-shirt and heading out the door. Lucky for me, Winry wasn't there to try and stop me. She was in her night shop class and this was Thursday. Looking back now, I wish she had been there to blind me from the truth I would discover in minutes. I lightly closed the door behind me and walked down the hall.
All was creepy and quiet. I was too off into bliss to notice. I made it straight to dorm 206. My heart was racing in excitement. I lightly pushed the door open. He always leaves the door unlocked for me. But then, my mood changed drastically. When I entered the “living room” of the dorm, I heard moaning. I froze dead in my tracks. Was that a… female's voice? I became uneasy pretty quickly. I strained to listen hard. It was! A female was here already. Okay! Stay calm Poppy. There must be a proper explanation for this. There has to be! Just go check it out!
I drew in a deep breath and processed down the hall. The moans and groans grew louder and louder as I walked. The female's voice sounded so familiar. Was that Melanine? But she wouldn't stab me in the back, would she? I finally made it to Ralph's door. I felt sick all over. I saw that it was cracked slightly open just enough for me to see. I peeked into the nice crack. What I saw next broke my heart. I saw my boyfriend and my best friend having sex on his bed. I froze in sorrow. The other housemates were right. Ralph was cheating on me! Tears welled up in my eyes. I turned and fled out of the dorm.
I fled down the hall crying. Everything was now ruined! My future and my life were now flushed right down the f*****g toilet! What could I do now? I ran all the way to dorm 204 and pounded wildly on the door. It opened with a soft creek. Matt stood before me looking at me in concern. “What's wrong now, Blondie?” he asked flatly. “*Whimp* My boyfriend *Sniff* is *Sniffle* cheating on me!!! *Sniff*” I cried out. Matt stared at me as if I had lost my mind. “Okay calm down,” he spoke up. “Look, come inside and tell me everything.” I nodded as I tried to dry my caramel brown eyes. “Okay. *Sniff*” I replied softly. I walked into his dorm and Matt shut the door behind me.
We made it back to his room. I sat on the bed with tears and Matt sat in a nearby chair. He looked closely at me for a moment. “So,” he began. “Start again. And this time, no whining.” I drew in a deep breath. “I walked to Ralph's dorm to visit him like I normally did,” I began as I was still trying to dry my eyes. As I spoke, I noticed that Matt was pulling out a rolled up piece of paper and a mirror covered in lines of coke. I was at a desperate point and would've taken anything at this point. “Can I have some?” I asked pitifully. Matt paused and looked up at me in curiosity. “I thought you didn't like coke.” he said casually. I was still indifferent. “I don't care, just give me some!” I wailed out. Matt just shrugged. “All right.” he said softly. Then he handed me the paper and mirror. I took the roll to my nose and snort one line. I coughed violently. “Need a drink?” Matt asked me in concern. I nodded while I chocked in discomfort. “Be right back.” he whispered. Then my rock god leapt off of his chair and dashed out of the room.
Matt returned with a full bottle of Jack Daniels and a corkscrew. He put the corkscrew in the cork and screwed it in. He pulled the cork free. The bottle opened with a loud pop. I quickly grabbed the bottle and began drinking it. The booze tasted awful at first. I gagged on it. Matt leaned in close to my ear. “Just take your time, Blondie.” he whispered to me. Usually, I would be annoyed when he called me that. But tonight, I just nodded.
I spend the whole night crying, talking, drinking, and snorting. Matt just watched and listened to me the whole time. I don't remember what I all I said. I was really out of it the whole time. I ended up collapsing backwards onto the bed in a whole sea of black.
So Alone, I Keep the Wolves at Bay