Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Low ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Low
Later that night, Edward came back to his dorm. He found Matt sleeping on the green sofa in the living room. Lost, Ed walked over to his roommate in confusion. “Matt?” he asked aloud. “What are you doing out here? I thought you would be in bed by now!” “Just felt like it.” Matt mumbled in his sleep. Ed just stared at him suspiciously. “Hey wait a minute,” he said loudly. “If you're sleeping, then how come you're talking to me?”
Matt turned over still asleep. “Because, I just am.” he replied. Ed just rolled his eyes and began to head back to his room. “No, no.” Matt said. “Sleep out here tonight.” Ed walked back to Matt staring at him as if he was crazy. “Why?!?” he asked sounding annoyed. Matt moved a bit asleep. “I'll explained in the morning.” he mumbled on. “But right now, get down on the floor, shut up, and go to sleep.” Ed was still irritated. “Why should I? What the hell is going on here?!?” Ed shouted. But Matt said no more. He was dead asleep. Ed shrugged and complied.
In the morning, both boys sat at the table eating breakfast. Ed was glaring coldly at Matt. His roommate looked confused at him. “What?” he asked. “What is this about? Why did we sleep in the living room last night?” Ed hissed. Matt put down his fork. “You'll see in a minute.” he replied. Ed still glared at his roommate.
A low moan came from down the hall. “The princess cometh.” Matt said. “Huh?” Ed replied. Both boys looked up to see Poppy dragging down the hall. She looked like a baby doll that had been roughly played with. Her hair was a wild mess. Her eyes were hazy glass. The girl's clothes were wrinkled like a paper bag. Poppy looked as if she was the walking dead. “Well hello princess.” Matt called. “Sleep well last night?” Poppy didn't answer; she just groaned in misery lowly.
Ed's face went pale by the mere sight of her. “Poppy, what the hell happened to you?!?” he exclaimed. The poor soul groaned again. “I don't feel so good!” Poppy wailed. Matt rose to his feet and helped Poppy to the table. “Need some aspirin?” he asked. Poppy tried to nod but the pain got worse. Matt smiled out of pity. “Hold on.” the rock god said. Matt headed to the kitchen. He returned with a bottle of Tylenol. Poppy and Ed watched as Matt opened the bottle and handed Poppy two pills. “Here.” he said. Pops snapped and took them in a heartbeat. She drank a whole glass of orange juice to help them go down. Matt kept watching her. “Feel any better?” he asked. “A little.” Poppy answered softly. “Good.” the rock god said. Then he sat back down at the table. Ed kept staring at him like he was crazy.
“You gave her drugs and liquor last night?!?” Ed yelled in shock. “Shh.” Matt whispered. “Not so loud, this campus has ears.” “But that's not legal you dolt! What the hell would possess you to drug a kid like that?!?” Ed hissed under his breath as they all walked to class. “That was all I could give at the time.” Matt justified. “The girl just discovered that her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend has been cheating on her with her crappy best friend. So I was only helping her take away the pain.” Ed rolled his eyes annoyed. “He still doesn't get it! *Sweat drop*” he thought.
The day seemed dim and depressing. Rain was expected today. Everyone just wanted the day to end. In the main lounge, Perry, Poppy, and Edward were reflecting on their miseries.
 
*Perry*
How did I come to waste my adult life? My wife is an awful woman. All she ever does is drink, snort, and smoke. She's a terrible mother and sleeps with every man she meets. My kids are little monsters. Why did I ever leave Leslie?
 
*Edward*
I can't keep seeing Shannon. What we're doing is wrong! She's married with children. I'm only fifteen years old. Plus, Poppy's been cheated on herself. If she found out what I was doing, she would be disappointed with me. But how do I break up with Shannon? She doesn't take no for an answer…
 
*Poppy*
He… cheated on me! Why didn't I listen to everyone else? How can Melanine betray me like that? I thought we were friends. Or was I just a doll for her to use? My life is over!
 
Misery loves company.
Take the Pain Away