Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Every Little Bit Hurts ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Every Little Bit Hurts
*Poppy*
On the surface, I am okay. But when I am alone, I break down and cry. This is not fair! How could Ralph do this to me? I knew he was a huge flirt. But Ralph would never do this to me! Or at least that's what I believed. How many other women has he seen behind my back? I shook my head wildly in annoyed confusion. It's all driving me insane. I could feel myself starting to cry again. I began to run away. I thought Melanine and I were friends! Or was I really an accessory for her to attract boys? What was I going to do now? I need… I need… I need to get away somewhere.
I hid in the girl's bathroom for most of the afternoon. I could barely sit still on the seat. I was crying buckets of tears. When people came by my stall, I'd lie and say that I felt sick and that I wanted to be alone, I could deal with it on my own. I was in a deep black hole and couldn't get out of it. This heartbreak was slowly eating me alive. I still loved Ralph whole-heartedly. But I couldn't say the same for Melanine anymore. It was a stab in the back for me and I don't think I can ever forgive her this time. My head began to ache again from all of my crying and misery. Why didn't I listen to the others when they were speaking the truth? Why? Why? Why?
Right then, I had an epiphany. I couldn't carry around this self-defeat forever. First, I would have to let go and then figure out what to do next after that. I would cut my ties with Ralph and Melanine forever. Laurence and I still could be friends. He's just the innocent bystander in all of this. Luckily, I didn't have any classes with either of those two screw-ups this semester. I would be well and strong enough not to care if I was in the classes with them for the following semesters. Now, when to cut the cord? Tomorrow in public is the best way to go with them both in the same room. And right then, I had my plan set and ready to go. Pretty soon, I felt better about myself and even stronger than when I dated Ralph. But, there was always one question that sat heavily in my mind. Would I have the courage to break away from Ralph and Melanine and start again?
But You Don't Understand My Point of View