Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Gloria ( Chapter 31 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Gloria
*Lonna*
My real training began on the last day of August. Lesson one: Connections. My Kenisuke saw my shyness as a disabler. He decided to break me of that. “You need connections to get by in life.” he keeps telling me. “All right then,” I always tell him. “Find me someone.”
Well needless to say, I didn't expect him to take me seriously. But now I know what to say around him. My first lesson began on the last day of August. I had just finished my first day of track practice when I heard a low whistle. Right away, I knew who it was. I smiled to myself in delight. “Why, hello there Kenisuke!” I called out in a loud voice. “I see you've come to risk me away into the night!” Instantly, I felt someone grab me from behind tightly. I didn't even bother turning around. I just snickered in delight as the delicious cold from my dark love's body consumed me.
“You rang?” he asked in a husky seductive voice. I trembled in delight. I could've stayed in his arms forever. But then he leaned down to my ear and whispered something that would shatter this moment into pieces.
“I have found someone.” Kenisuke whispered softly. I jerked my eyes open right fast. “What… do you mean?” I asked nervously. My dark love snickered in my soft little ears. I quickly jerked my head up in concern. When he saw my reaction, Kenisuke grinned at me. He gently let go of me and said, “Just come with me, my dear.” I nodded with a pale face and followed close behind.
We came to the South Campus café. I looked around confused. “Kenisuke,” I whispered to him. “Why are we here?” My dark love shushed me right away. “You'll see in a minute.” he answered. “Keep looking.” I nodded and did so.
People were rushing in and out of the café. When the sea finally lessened, Kenisuke nudged softly. I turned to him startled. “Now what?” I asked in a whisper. “Look there.” he said at last. I quickly turned forward to the café window. What I found astonished me.
A girl sat all alone in the center of the café. I had seen her before. She always sat in the back of all of her classes. Her hair was always a long dark mess. One would think she had a serious case of BO at first glance. Most of her clothes looked like they were from the Salvation Army. The girl could instantly depress a whole room by setting foot in it. I didn't get it. Why would Kenisuke show her to me? “This, my love, is Gloria.” he explained. “Lesson one of your bad girl training course is connections. Now, I want you to go over there and talk to her.” I looked at him as if he had gone insane. “But… I don't know here. She looks like she needs a bath.” I protested. Kenisuke just smiled at me. “You don't know,” he remarked. “She might be the nicest girl on the planet.” “And if she isn't?” I asked in major doubt. My love leaned in close to me. I could feel his hot breath on my soft face. “Well, that's just one risk you'll have to take.” he said in a low voice. “But what do I say to her?” I asked unsure of myself. “Anything,” Kenisuke replied. “A simple hello is a good start.” I don't know what happened next. But I found myself rising to my feet and walking into the café like a soldier walking into battle.
I made my way over to Gloria. She still seemed lost in her meal. An uneasy feeling came over me again. This plan is going to crash and burn! While plotting a plan of retreat in my head, Gloria turned to look up at me. I froze right on the spot. Too late now! I have to do this! Well, here goes.
“Hello. How are you?” I forced myself to say. Gloria kept eying me as if I was the Devil. I felt sick again. Uh-oh! Here comes the crash! But instead, Gloria said in a small voice, “Fine.” I relaxed. Hm, this will be easy after all. I pulled out a chair at the table and sat down.
I ended up talking to Gloria for most of the night. And Kenisuke was right, she was a nice girl. Gloria wanted to be a marine biologist and loved the beach. I hope her dream comes true.
Soon, I was talking to more and more people. I knew many people from different “groups.” I had more connections with the campus than what to do with.
Kenisuke was proud of me. “Good job.” he said to me. “We have more gates to destroy. But first…” He then bent down and kissed me lightly on the cheek. My whole face became hot. I didn't understand what he meant by gates, that kiss was great.
Blood in the Street