Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Carry On Wayward Son ( Chapter 50 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Carry On My Wayward Son
*Winry*
I have loved Edward for a long time now. We've known each other since we were kids. He had been so good to me. We understand each other almost perfectly. He may be a bit stupid at times, but I still care for him regardless. He is the other half of me. (Okay, I know that sounds corny, but it is the truth!) I love him very dearly. *Sighs* But lately, something isn't right. He seems to be acting strange around that Shannon woman. He gets tense, freezes up, and turns red when she just walks by him. That's only half of the problem. When Edward goes weak around Shannon, she smiles and giggles to herself. Yes, that's right! She actually giggles at my boyfriend to herself when he freezes up around her. I'm starting to get really about those two. But how can I be sure that anything is *actually* happening between them? I don't have any real evidence yet!
This whole battle in my head is making me crazy! I don't really know what to do. I know I should ask him just to be sure. But, if I'm right about the worst, I won't be able to forgive him for months and I'll feel very bad about it afterwards. If I'm wrong, he'll think I'm some possessive controlling bitch and never trust me again. Both outcomes are pretty nasty-looking. Then, I began to remember Poppy and her discovery of Ralph cheating on her with Melanine. I get sick thinking about it all over again and it didn't happen to me! (Not yet anyway!) I don't want to have to go through that at all. That's it! I've made up my mind. I'm going to clear up the truth and ask Edward myself. It's going to be messy, but I just have to know or I'll go insane from it.
I found Edward in the pool room of the Dark Moon House. He was sitting all alone on the couch. I looked around quickly. Shannon's nowhere in sight so far. I drew in a deep breath. All right, here goes nothing. I normally pushed open the door and walked inside. I made my way over to my boyfriend naturally. Edward looked up at me slowly. I stood there trying my best to look relaxed and not tremble at all. I guess I wasn't doing so good with that because Ed was looking at me as if I had caught a cold or something. “Winry?” he asked me. “What is it? What's the matter?” I shut my eyes for a moment in a small panic. Oh my god! I can't do this! I can't this at all! But I have to! It's the only way I'll get any piece of mind what so ever! I opened my eyes again. Edward was still looking at me as if I announced that I had cancer. I took in a deep breath. Well, here goes! “There is something I have to ask you!” I blurted out. “Okay…” Ed said uneasily to me. “What is it?” I froze as if I was singing solo on stage. “Edward,” I forced myself to speak. “Are you cheating on me?” My boyfriend looked at me as if I had just lost my mind. “No,” he answered as if it was obvious. “Why?” I froze there feeling weak. “I love you.” I murmured at last. “I love you too.” he said trying to make me feel better. I nodded and walked away.
I feel so stupid now. How could suspect Edward of cheating on me? But yet… I'm still suspicious. I don't have any proof however. So who am I to point the finger at him? I need… I need… I need some help.
That evening in my dorm, I sat on my bed stressed. I wanted to scream so badly. Then, I heard the door slam shut. I slowly looked up to see Poppy. I remembered her ordeal. I decided to try and get help from her. “Poppy,” I called in a small voice. She turned to me. “Yes?” she asked me. I sat up straight. “How can I tell if my boyfriend is cheating on me or not?” I asked. Pops went silent as she sat down next to me. “You, can't” she replied. We both went quiet. “But what about instinct?” I asked her. Pops lightly took my hands. “That's something you'll have to test on your own.” she replied. Then, Pops stood up and headed to the bathroom.
I sat there even more lost than before. I don't know what to think or do now. I sure how I hope I am wrong.
I Needed Somewhere to Hang My Head