Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Train in Vain ( Chapter 61 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Train in Vain
*Poppy*
I don't need that jerk, Ralph! I can make it on my own! I'm an independent woman now! I can take on anything now! I paused after that little thought. Right… I sat down on my bed in self-pity. I can't get over it. I still love Ralph. I can't get over him. He was my first love. That guy was just so charming. How could he… No! How could they do that to me? She was my best friend! I quickly shook my head.
Some friend she was! Friends do not steal each other's boyfriends! That's just wrong! I grit my teeth tightly. You know what? I hope he cheats on her too! She'll see. He is just a lying, cheating dog. Mel will see him as the jerk he really is! It would be so good to see her get crushed like that! I sighed again.
That's just mean. Why am I thinking like that? I am not usually a cruel person. I'm just a perky, nice, upbeat girl. Why am I even thinking like that? I am just not a revenge type of person. That's just not me. That's just not me at all. I fell back onto my bed. I sighed once again as I stared at the ceiling. How did this mess all happen? Oh that's right! My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend! I breathed out heavily. It just keeps going around in circles in my head.
I'm a huge mess right now. This is all Ralph's fault! He's a cheater and I'm the dumb sucker who just had to fall for him! I shut my eyes for a tight moment. I keep torturing Ralph and Mel in my head repeatedly. I want to walk up to one or both of them and slap them so hard. But, that won't do at all. There are two reasons for that. One, I know that it will all be pointless in the end. Sure, slapping them will make me feel better. But how long would that last? I would just go back to feeling sorry for myself all over again. Any act of violence on my part would just be like the Clash song, “Train in Vain.” Plus, I highly doubt that they would stop loving each other because of it. That would just drive them closer together. And besides, I still care about them. She's my best friend and I still love him. And I just… Well… I just can't let go of them all that easily. That's the part that sucks! Pathetic. Just so pathetic. Matt says that I should just cut it all off with them and stop feeling sorry for myself. But, it's just not that easy. I sighed once again and opened my eyes.
I just remembered a little rumor that I heard in class this morning. Mel is miserable and worried that Ralph might be cheating on her as well. That just brings a smile on my face. She'll soon feel the paranoia, worry, and anxiety that I felt before I saw the real Ralph Jones. I can't help but to snicker to myself. Good! She's starting to suffer just like I did! This is just perfect! I slowly sat up on my bed. Maybe, life won't suck for me anymore! I'll get over Ralph and he'll be sorry that he ever cheated on me. Then, I'll find a boy that loves me for me and only me! Ralph and Mel will be so miserable when that happens! I grinned to my plans proudly… for a moment. I fell back onto my bed in self-pity. Aww, who am I kidding? I'm a loser! This really bites!
Run, Rabbit, Run