Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Why Do You Want Him? ( Chapter 62 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Why Do You Want Him?
*Melanine*
I don't get it. I want to be happy. I mean, Ralph is sooooo find and the sex is so great. But… I'm starting to have doubts. It's my friends' fault. Or rather what's left of me friends. (Most of them took Poppy's side. I see why now. At the time, however, I was more selfish back then.) Oh ha-ha! Why you act all shocked that I have/had other friends besides Pops. She was the lonely one, not me!
Anyway, I was out with my *friends* at lunch when the doubts were first born. Kiko turned to me from her bento and asked, “Why do you want him?” I looked at her confused for a moment.
“Huh?” I asked. Kiko put down her chopsticks.
“What is it about Ralph that you find so attractive?” she asked. I thought about that for a moment.
“Well…” I began. “He's hot and we have great sex.” Kiko kept her eyes locked on me.
“Is that all?” she asked. I looked at her rather lost.
“What do you mean?” I asked. This time, Kozue put down her chopsticks and looked at me.
“You don't seem rather happy lately,” she pointed out. I looked at them as if they went too fast for me to keep up.
“What are you talking about?” I asked. The girls looked at me in seriousness. I became really nervous. Am I really that obvious? Oh shit, I'm not fooling anybody, am I? Time to downplay the whole situation.
“I'm truly happy!” I lied. “Why would you all think otherwise?” They didn't believe me. I began to mentally panic. Lou reached forward and touched my hand.
“Mel,” she said. “We just want you to be happy.” I looked on, uneasily.
“But I am happy!” I protested. They didn't believe me.
“No, you are not,” Kozue said. I looked at them in silence as my smile slowly began to die away.
“I'm not, really?” I asked. My friends shook their heads at me. I looked down at my own bento.
“Oh…” I mumbled. Oh great, even my friends know that I am screwed. Not in the nice way either. Now what am I supposed to do? Lou slowly lifted up my face.
“Look Mel,” she said. “We're all here for you and Pops to a lesser extent. But, you have to be honest with yourself, okay?” I stared at her for a moment and then I looked over at Kiko and Kozue. What choice did I have? They were onto me like a lame magician at a kid's birthday party. I really have no choice now. I sighed and let my eyes drop down to Lou's arm.
“Okay,” I said defeat. Lou looked at me like a mother to her child.
“Good,” she said. “Now, why do you *really* want Ralph?” I looked at her and all of my friends, trapped on the spot. They waited for me to speak. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. Why did I want Ralph some much? I finally looked down in defeat. There was not much to say.
“I…” I said. “I… I…” I looked at my friends again. They all were still staring at me and waiting for my answer. I looked down once again.
“I don't know…” I mumbled at last. I felt myself shrinking into a tiny figurine in my seat. I just really wanted to disappear into the grass at that point. We didn't talk for the rest of lunch. In fact, I just wanted to be left alone for the rest of the day.
No thanks to my friends, I don't know about my relationship with Ralph anymore. I mean, I like him, don't get me wrong. But now… *Sighs* I don't know.
Why don't we humans always make it worse for ourselves?
Do You Know Your Enemy?