Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Coming Back to You ( Chapter 68 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Coming Back to You
-Kenisuke-
It is very rare that I think about my past. I mean, I don’t have the time to remember my life before I turned into a vampire. That many memories would take close to five years to collect. I’m more of a man who lives in the here and now.
Lonna looks for the future. She has so many dreams that she wants to chase. I can’t really understand it myself.
“You’re only thirteen,” I told her on the yard one evening. Lonna looked up at me with those innocent little eyes of hers.
“I know I am,” she replied.
“So, why are you so bent on planning for the future?” I asked. She tilted her head at me.
“Isn’t that what you are supposed to do as you grow up?” she asked.
“I don’t,” I said. Lonna gave me a blank look as she blinked at me.
“What do you mean?” she asked. I shrugged under her.
“Never really had a need for it, you know?” I said. She nodded as if she got me.
“Oh,” she said in a low voice, “Because you’re a vampire. But what about before that.” I gave her a rather perplexed look.
“What are you asking me?” I questioned her likewise.
“You know,” she said, “Before you became a vampire.” I couldn’t answer her. I had thought about my past in a long time. How long have I lived? I just blocked out my past and lived in the now. Lonna looked me in the eye.
“What do you want to do in five years from now?” she asked, “Ten? Twenty?” I shook my head at her.
“I never thought about that,” I answered her.
“It’s important to,” she insisted.
“What’s wrong with living in the here and now?” I asked.
“Nothing, actually,” my girl answered, “But you also have to think about the future too.”
“Am I in your future?” I asked outright. Lonna’s cheeks turned so bright red. Her talk of the future has put me in a complicated place now. I keep having flashbacks about my life as human and I don’t know how to stop them. Lonna can’t see it because she is trying to make it through school and plan her future. Instead, I just do as I always have when an annoying thought came into my head; I buried it in the back of my mind and press on.
Only this time, it’s not really doing so well for me. I keep thinking back to that one girl who turned me into what I am today. Of all of the memories I have of my past, that certain one keeps coming back on a loop for me. I shook my head and took a breath.
This can’t be good.
All Your Stupid Ideas, Got Your Head in the Clouds