Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Aka Tenshi ❯ Vol. two, Chap. seven: Guardian ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Guardian
Aka-Kenshin had made up his mind right on the spot. He was going to protect Kaoru to no end. Whether he wanted to, or not. But, he wouldn't get emotionally attached to this pathetic tart. Or at least try not to. Kaoru was his energy source and sharing was not an option. But, there was a much deeper reason than bragging rights to his precious vessel. No. There was a deeper reason than that. To understand, one would have to look farther back into Aka-Kenshin's past when he was a fallen angel in Hell.
 
*Flashback*
Aka-Kenshin was trying to make a name for himself back then. He had high potential but lacked the proper discipline of a skilled fighter. In fact, he was a pure danger to Heaven and Hell. No one dared to go near him. They were just that scared of him. That only made young Aka-Kenshin's hate for Kami, Heaven, and the world even stronger. Until, a certain angel showed him otherwise.
He made her on an abandoned battle field. He had just wiped out an entire army with just one blow of fir power from his breath. The army wasn't particularly evil. Aka-Kenshin just wanted to kill something just for fun. The young fallen angel looked around at the bloody carnage. He usually would be proud of his murderous work. But today, he was just plain bored with it. The whole idea of needless bloodshed seemed quite entertaining at the time. But now, it lost its appeal pretty quickly after the first two kills. Well, he killed until there was nothing but bloody ashes on the black heated ground. So now what?
Just then, Aka-Kenshin heard a soft and low moan from further down the hill. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Not another one!” he thought in boredom. “I thought I had killed all of them! *Sigh* Guess I'll have to do one more senseless kill! Damn, I hate this.” The young fallen angel flew up to the blood red sky and flew down the dark hill. When Aka-Kenshin looked down, he saw a young woman in the remaining reeds. She was naked on her knees in the cold shallow water. Her slender body was perfect except for the minor burn scars and blood on her cool white flesh. Her long black hair served as a thin cloak to cover her small back. Her lightly ash-covered wings were a dead give-away that she wasn't human at all. The woman seemed to be praying to something, what, it wasn't clear. Curious, Aka-Kenshin drove sharp but slowly down to her. The woman didn't seem to notice a thing at first. Aka-Kenshin looked closely at the woman. She was crying, but they weren't ordinary tears. “Are those tears of… blood?” the young fallen angel thought in confusion. He stepped a little closer to make sure he wasn't losing his mind. They were! The woman was crying tears of pure red blood! But that wasn't the only strange thing about this mysterious woman. Aka-Kenshin froze dead in his tracks. He took a deep sniff. “Is that… wisteria I smell?” he thought in puzzlement. It stirred a deep sentimental feeling in his soul that he just couldn't shake.
Suddenly, the enigmatic woman turned her head to face the young fallen angel. Streams of blood stained her pale white cheeks like red wine on a white silk tablecloth. Aka-Kenshin just couldn't take her eyes off of her. He was like a moth drawn to the fire. At once, he began to feel dizzy. So many things were flashing off in his mind. It was all too fast to grasp onto. The young fallen angel was so weak he couldn't even utter a word for help. The last thing he could remember was collapsing downwards to the ash-black grass below him.
Aka-Kenshin awoke to the feeling of cool water against his hot burning flesh. He slowly opened his gold amber eyes. She was sitting over him. The smell of wisteria blossoms washed over him like the tides. He was so startled that he tried to get up but she held him down in her lovely grasp. “Shh. Don't get up.” she said softly. “Just stay down.” Aka-Kenshin wanted to defy her but found that he couldn't. The smell of wisteria blossoms was overwhelming. It seemed to be sedating him. So peaceful. Aka-Kenshin began losing consciousness again rapidly but fought to stay awake. He was still to weak to speak. The woman smiled sweetly. Her hair concealed her thick lovely breasts. She just sat there and watched as her young fallen angel fell back into another deep sleep on her bare lap. For once in his wild life since his fall from Heaven, Aka-Kenshin was at peace.
 
*Present Day*
There was something about Kaoru that Aka-Kenshin couldn't shake off. The heavy of wisteria blossoms sat on her blood, hair, skin, and clothes like a strong perfume. Try as he would to push the thought of that woman he saw years ago from his head, it was all in vain. Both women were as intoxicating as sweet red wine. What the hell did he see in them anyway? They were just women. Women were just vessels to men. Possessions for the masculine species. So why do men get emotionally attached to them? Aka-Kenshin decided not to become one of those sappy emotionally needy girly men who needed a woman to pander to their every depressing love emotion. He was just too brutal for that.
Then, something hit Aka-Kenshin. It was now morning. The sun was slowly rising on the vigorous earth to wake it up. The semi-fallen angel heard a soft voice under him. He looked down to see his vessel waking up. Aw shit! How long had it been? No matter! It was time to go! The semi-angel nudged Kaoru lightly. The vessel slowly looked up. “Get up, it's time to go!” Aka-Kenshin barked. Kaoru smiled like a little child. “Okay.” she said angelically. Then, Aka-Kenshin grabbed Kaoru by her small waist, picked her up, and flew down South to the months.
I Will Protect You