Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Aka Tenshi ❯ Vol. three, Chap. sixteen: Base Attack ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Base Attack
The stabbing reached Heaven by midnight. This was not good at all. Aka-Kenshin had taken over the girl's mind and rotted from the inside out. She had to be put to death and right away. But simple force wouldn't be enough anymore. This mission became a code red. Time to call for back-up. The archangels called for their military forces. After a short briefing on the situation, they didn't hesitate to start with the action. They were hungry for blood anyway. They had seen battle since the year 1999. It would be kind of disappointing that the target would be just a mere teenage girl this time. But due to the situation, it all evened out just fine.
Kaoru walked to school with Ami and Kiki the next morning. The girls didn't feel comfortable around her. They too heard about the stabbing on the news. They suspected that Kaoru had something to do with it. The girls didn't have any proof, so they couldn't go to the police about it. Ami and Kiki walked ahead of Kaoru looking back at her and whispering. So far, she stayed quiet the whole time. But halfway to school, the vessel became really curious at what her friends were talking about.
“Excuse me,” she spoke up. “What interesting tidbit are you guys talking about up there?” The girls froze up at that one. She had spoken to them about it. What could they say? They couldn't let on about her being the murderer. Maybe just tell her a little bit of the truth and that's it. Kaoru looked on at them.
“Well,” she said. “What's up?” The girls turned her at last. Kiki stepped forward.
“Oh,” she replied. “We were just talking about the rich shopper alley murder that happened yesterday.” Kaoru tried her best to keep from smirking in pride.
“What are about it?” she asked. The girls looked really nervous about her question.
“Did you know… anything about it?” Ami asked nervously. Silence passed over all of them for a long moment. The girls nervously waited for their friend to answer. Kaoru smiled at them warmly.
“No,” she replied. “Just heard about it this morning. Why do you ask?” Kiki and Ami looked at her slightly better. They still didn't believe her, but now she didn't seem too mad to them.
“No reason,” Kiki lied. “Just asking.” Suddenly, a tank pulled up next to the girls. They all looked up confused. The angel soldiers rushed out, seized the vessel, and took off into the tank. Kaoru looked at her friends puzzled.
“Guys!” she cried out. “What's going on? Where are they taking me?!?” Ami and Kiki stood back in silence. They looked on at her in pity.
“We are so sorry to do this to you!” Ami cried out.
“It's for your own good!” Kiki added on. Kaoru looked on them with hurt eyes of betrayal. How could her own friends turn on her like this? She thought they really cared about her! “Aka-Kenshin!” she thought in misery. “Help me!” The soldiers loaded her into the tank and drove off. Ami and Kiki watched in silence. They were sure that they had made the right decision in the end.
Aka-Kenshin sensed his vessel in deep distress. He saw the whole plot of the angel right away. He instantly became pissed off. “Oh Hell no!” the fallen angel thought. “They're not taking her away from me! I'm not done with her yet!” Aka-Kenshin closed his eyes and began tracking the tank immediately with his mind. He found the base deep into the woods. The fallen angel opened his eyes and smirked at his results. “This should be easy!” he thought. Aka-Kenshin fell up into the sky.
He made it all the way to the base in the woods in the mountains. The fallen angel stood before the heavy iron gates. Aka-Kenshin ran over the basics in his head. Base equals high security. Kaoru would be placed in one of the top-notch prisons on the top floor. The base had one hundred and thirty-eight guards around the clock. The whole joint would be highly booby-trapped with high tech traps and alarms. Cameras watched everyone and everything's every move. Yeah, they had Kaoru good. But alas, Aka-Kenshin knew one secret to this all-mighty fortress base. He was once an angel after all. In fact, the man was there when they first built the fort. Aka-Kenshin saw its flaw and tried to correct it. However, the problem still managed to change forms and exist even to this day. If memory served him right, the wall near the very back should easily give to any amount of body heat when it was leaned on. None of the angels noticed this at all because they didn't have any body heat to them. Maybe it could work for Aka-Kenshin himself. Only one way to see…
Aka-Kenshin turned himself invisible and flew all the way around to the back part of the base. He scanned the base for the defective wall. The fallen angel found it in no time. A smirk came onto his face. “Found ya!” he thought. Aka-Kenshin flew straight to the wall. He leaned up against the cold heavy bricks for a good ten minutes. The wall melted away into a thick pile and jelly at his feet. Aka-Kenshin smirked to himself coldly. That was the easy part. Now for the challenge. Aka-Kenshin went over the plan in his head pretty quickly, turned invisible, and headed into the base.
He looked around for a bit. So far, no one in sight. But, he kept on his guard. The fallen angel stayed invisible, shut his eyes, and began tracking his vessel down. The shields they put up around her blocked out her own power from him. But, he could still sense her soul. And that, the angels could never cover up. Aka-Kenshin took his time searching for that. The angels seemed to have updated their camouflage system pretty well. The fallen angel felt his head aching because of it. “Can't worry about that now!” he thought. “I need to find that stupid girl before they kill her!” In seconds, Aka-Kenshin picked up Kaoru's soul. It had started to become really weak. That only meant one thing.
They've started killing her!” he thought. “I better hurry!” Aka-Kenshin began to fly down to the elevator for the top-level. On the way there, three angel soldiers with machine guns greeted him. They had their special invisible-sight goggles on. They could see him right in plain view. Aka-Kenshin smirked to himself wickedly. “They always send the pawns out to be slaughtered first!” the fallen angel thought. “How predictable!” He drew out his sword and took the private-ranked angels in one swipe. They all fell dead at his feet with a small flood as blood coating the floor. Aka-Kenshin smirked at his work. “That was too easy!” he thought.
“I would like to play with all of you like this. But unfortunately, you guys have something highly valuable to me that you are killing and I would like it back!” he told said to the dead angels. “So I'm going to make this quick and kill all of you at once!” With that being said, Aka-Kenshin pulled out a little beetle-shaped device and stuck it against the wall. He had it for years, but they still proved to be pretty useful in a pinch. Oh and there was more where that came from. The fallen angel stepped over the corpses and went on his way. He knew that the rest of them would be coming out to attack since three of the pawns died. Sure, Aka-Kenshin wanted to fight them. But, the vessel/tool ranked more important than a miserly little fight. Thus the reason to make everything brief. Lucky for him, Aka-Kenshin knew his way after the base like the scars on his beautiful body. And that meant traveling through the secret passage ways. The fallen angel took full advantage of all of them to the secret elevator. Along the way, the fallen angel stuck more of his little “friends” along the walls. This would make nice send-off to his former comrades in the base.
Aka-Kenshin made it all the way to the glass elevator and went inside. He pressed the button for the seventh floor. The doors shut and the elevator began rising right away. By this time, the alarms began going off. The fallen angel smirked to himself coldly. “And so it really begins!” he thought. First, it would be the welcoming party. Then, the various booby-traps to the prison. Next, the access codes to get inside. After that, finding that silly cow and breaking her out. Finally, getting out through the crowd and watching them receive his little “parting gift.” All in a day's work, really! Aka-Kenshin prepared his sword for battle. Time to get back to work again.
The glass elevator opened up at the seventh floor. And sure enough, the tougher officers waited for him at the entrance. Aka-Kenshin smirked to himself coldly. Now to put the final act into motion. He whipped out his sword and got right to work hacking away. This took about a good… ten minutes or so. The angels just kept coming at him like fleas on a dog. Aka-Kenshin grew bored ready fast. Okay, time for some magic. He shut his eyes and began muttering a spell under his breath. Suddenly, the angels began to burst into wild little flames. As they burned away, the poor pawns melted away into mud. The fallen angel smirked at his work. Scene one down, four more to go. Lucky for him, Aka-Kenshin knew how to maneuver again the various traps down the hall. Hey, he was once an angel after all. So, he understood how they thought and worked. The fallen angel got through the traps in seconds. Now for scene three.
Aka-Kenshin made his way to the security lock. He lightly placed his hand over the lock and scanned the code with his head. The lock popped open right away. The door slid open for the fallen angel. Aka-Kenshin walked right into scene four. He used his powers to sense out Kaoru's soul again. It had almost fallen to weak by this point. He didn't have much time. The fallen angel ran all the way to the end of the hall. He found Kaoru chained up in a glass cell. She was naked and getting shocked and whipped over and over again. The vessel was just about to die now. This was not good. Aka-Kenshin had to act fast.
He placed one of his beetles against the glass. The walls exploded in ten seconds. Aka-Kenshin rushed forward to the silly cow. He lightly tapped her on the cheeks many times.
“Hey, don't die on me yet!” he whispered to her. “Hey! Hey!” Kaoru slowly awoke again after a few more taps. She fluttered her eyes open at him.
“Aka… Ken… shin…” the vessel muttered to him. The fallen angel relaxed some.
“Good,” he said softly to her. “You're still alive.” A weak little smile came onto the girl's face.
“You… came for me…” Kaoru murmured to him. “I'm so… happy…” The fallen angel covered her mouth.
“Don't talk, you stupid girl!” he hissed. “I'm getting you out here right now!” Kaoru looked at him happily again. Aka-Kenshin felt a little moment of sentimentalism in his hear for a short moment. But, that didn't last long at all. He snapped himself out of his sappy trance and began untying the wires from his vessel's arms, legs, and torso. He took off his gi and wrapped it around the girl's naked body. The fallen angel slowly picked up the girl and rose to his feet.
“Let's go,” Aka-Kenshin whispered to her. “Stay with me now!” Kaoru didn't speak at all. She kept that happy look in her eyes. The fallen angel toughened up and raced out the prison. Here it was now. The final scene to end this escape play. Aka-Kenshin made it back out to the hall. More angel soldiers waited for him there. The fallen angel became annoyed by this by now.
“I really don't have time for this!” he yelled out. “So get the hell out of my way!!!” Aka-Kenshin began chanting another spell. The angels burned away into mud before him. The fallen angel and the vessel ran to the stairs and ran on there. Aka-Kenshin didn't stop running and burning the angels into mud until he and Kaoru made it outside into the woods. Once into the arms of safety, the bastard smirked to himself coldly. “Five, four, three, two… one!” he thought. Then suddenly… BOOM! The beetles he had planted up against the walls inside of the base exploded all in unison. Aka-Kenshin smiled to himself wickedly. A beautiful finish to such a long and tedious mission. The fallen angel lied Kaoru down on the soft moss. He gave her one kiss on the lips to heal her and left her lying there alone in his gi. He did his part, now he can go free. She'll be fine on her own for now. Let her sleep it off! Someone will find her eventually. Let her be their problem now.
I Can't Remember How This Got Started