Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 9: Chap 63: Luster Pt. 2 ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Luster Pt. 2

Anzu made her way to Tokyo Tower. In that moment, nothing mattered. Not school, not her relationship with Yugi, not even if this was a trap or not. She just had to see Canti again. Anzu didn't tell her friends where she was going. They were probably blowing up her phone by now. Arestil was probably taunting her as well.

Canti, I'm coming! Wait for me!

She stood at the base of the tower. Her heart pounded against her chest. It was then Anzu realized that she didn't have a full plan. How would she fight Arestil? Sure, she had powers now, but she didn't know how to use them properly. Could she even avoid her lover's sister?

Anzu's phone buzzed again. This time, she couldn't ignore it. She reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. She had many wished calls from her friends. Anzu scrolled through the notifications. She came across the latest one. It was a text from Arestil. Against her better judgement, she opened the text.

“Come inside,” it read. Anzu looked up at the building. She tapped the screen.

“Where are you?” the girl wrote. She hesitated before hitting send. Anzu stared up at the top, waiting. She should just go inside and start looking. Part of her wished that she had a weapon with her. It looked like the tower was going to be crowded too.

Her phone buzzed in her hand. There was another text. Anzu took a deep breath and opened the text.

“Meet me at the top,” Arestil's message said. The girl looked up and frowned. It was going to take her a long time to get there. Still, she had to get to her lover before it was too late. Anzu clutched her phone tightly by her side. She was about to go in when she froze. The girl took a sniff at the air.

Wait… Was that… Blood?

Fear seized Anzu's heart. She couldn't help but to think the worst about the situation. Anzu quickly closed her eyes. Take me to Canti-kun! Take me to Canti-kun! Take me to Canti-kun! Her body began to feel light. Her feet began to float off of the ground. Her heart raced as vanished into thin air.

---------

When Anzu opened her eyes, the smell of blood filled her nose. She looked around in the darkness.

“Canti? Canti, where are you?” she asked. A small moan caught her ears. Anzu turned her head forward. The color drained from her face. Canti lay face down on the ground in a pool of blood from his throat. He was making gurgling noises as his life slipped away. Anzu covered her mouth.

“Canti!” she wailed. The girl ran over to him as fast as her legs could carry her. She pulled him into arms.

“Canti! Canti! Canti!” Anzu shouted, shaking him. The kamimortal's eyes fluttered open.

“An… zu?” he asked. Tears filled her eyes.

“Who did this to you?” she asked. Blood leaked out onto her lap. Canti slowly moved his lips as he tried to talk.

“Please don't talk,” Anzu pleaded as she covered up the wound. “I will try to call for help.”

“Please… stop…” he murmured. She shook her head. A dry, sad laugh filled the room. Anzu looked up to see Arestil walking towards her. The woman had tears in her eyes despite her smirk.

“You see what you have done?” she asked. “He is dying because of you!” Anzu felt herself trembling with rage.

“You! You did this!” she growled. His sister lowered her head.

“Yes,” she admitted. “I didn't expect him to go that far. He really does love you. He really does.” Anzu clenched her teeth.

“You bitch!” she shouted. Arestil put her hand to her chest.

“There is a way to still save him,” she said. Anzu glared at her.

“What do you mean?” she asked. “Why should I trust you?”

“Because he's my brother!” Arestil yelled. “I can't do it myself. You have to save him! He loves you!”

“How?!” she shouted. Her chest started to glow. Her words got caught up in her throat. Anzu held Canti to her chest. The blood stopped running as his cut closed up. Canti took a breath and slowly drew his eyes open.

“An… Anzu… -chan?” he asked. The glow died from her chest, and she collapsed in his arms.

“Anzu!” he yelped. The kamimortal looked around. Canti saw his sister standing across from him. He opened his mouth to speak. Arestil held up her hand.

“She healed you herself,” she said. “You didn't tell me that you get her magic.” Canti gave her a tired smile.

“I had to,” he said.

“You love her that much, huh?” Arestil asked. Canti held Anzu closer to his chest.

“Yes,” he said. His sister closed her eyes and smiled.

“Heh,” was all that she said. The kamimortal woman vanished into thin air. Canti looked down at his lover in his arms. He knew that this wasn't over yet. His sister only knew bitter vengeance. The kamimortal looked down at Anzu and kissed her on the forehead.

“I can't stay with you like this anymore,” he whispered. “The dream was good while it lasted. I will be back for you one day, my love. But for now, you and I will have to part to keep you safe.” Canti shared one more kiss with her.

“Goodbye,” he whispered. “I love you.” The couple vanished before security could come in and do a swipe of the room.

---------

When Anzu woke up, she found herself back in her bed. Her head felt so foggy. Everything from yesterday felt like a blur. Anzu moved her hand to her chest as tears ran down her chest. She didn't know why, but her heart felt hollow with pain. Somehow, she knew that it wouldn't last forever.

Owari