Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 9: Chap 62: Luster Pt. 1 ( Chapter 62 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Luster Pt. 1

Canti awoke in the darkness. He rubbed the side of his head. He could hear his heart ringing in his ears.

“What… What happened?” he asked. The cold hit his body. Canti tried to move his arm but found that he couldn't move it. A sinking feeling formed in his stomach.

“Oh good, you're awake,” a voice said. Canti's spine froze.

“No…” he mouthed. Arestil walked forward from the darkness.

“Little brother, little brother,” she said, smirking. “We're here alone at last.”

“Why do you have me here?” Canti asked. She shook her head.

“Oh little brother, don't you know?” she asked.

“No,” he said. “Why can't you let the past go?” His siter clicked her tongue.

“Let the past go? Let the past go?!” she shouted. “Why should I? Why should you be the one who gets to be happy?”

“Please!” Canti pleaded. “Haven't you done enough? What is the point of all of this? Why can't you just find a new love and be happy?” Hearing her brother speak made her angry.

“No!” Arestil screamed. She started grabbing at her hand. Canti found that he could move his right index finger now. His sister took a breath.

“No,” she said again. The woman took a breath and pulled out her phone.

“What are you doing?” Canti asked. Arestil grinned as her fingers got to work.

“What else?” she asked. “I'm sending a text to your little girlfriend.” Her brother didn't need to ask what that meant. He shook his head.

“She won't come,” he said.

“Oh, I know she will,” Arestil said. “I just need to say the right words.” She opened up a new message.

“Anzu, I have your boyfriend. If you want him back, come down to Tokyo Tower. I will be outside, waiting,” she said as she typed. Canti's stomach dropped with each word. His sister smiled as she hit send.

“And now we wait,” she said. The woman laughed to herself. Canti could only try and move as he counted down to the end. Arestil was more desperate this time. More serious.

Please stay away, Anzu-chan.

----------

During class, Anzu's phone buzzed. She looked down at her bag. She had a feeling that eyes were on her. Anzu slowly looked up. All of her classmates and the teacher were staring at her.

“Is there something wrong?” the teacher asked. Anzu blinked for a moment.

“Oh…” she said. “Um…” She dug in her brain for something to say. Suddenly, Anzu stood up.

“I'm sorry, I have to go!” she said. The girl grabbed her bag and ran out the door.

“Mazaki-san!” the teacher yelled after her. Anzu was already out in the hallway.

She made it to the bathroom and locked herself in a stall. Only one thought raced through her head. Of course it would. Anzu hadn't seen Canti all day. She tried not to fear the worst as she reached into her bag. One text message. Anzu had a confused look on her face. She didn't recognize the number. Could it be spam? Instinct told her to delete it and go back to class. Just end this now and go on as usual.

Anzu tapped the screen.

The color drained from her face when she ran the text. She shook her head as her hands trembled.

“Canti…” the girl said.

Don't go!

Anzu whipped her head around. “Canti? Canti-kun, is that you?”

Anzu-chan, please don't go. It's a trap! She is going to try and kill you! She kidnapped me to trap you. Run away!

The girl felt her knees going weak. She slowly shook her head. No! This couldn't be. Anzu looked at the text message on her screen. Even though she was warned that it was a trap, she just had to go and get him.

Anzu turned and ran out of the bathroom. She wished herself to be where Canti was. The girl tightly shut her eyes as her heart pounded against her chest. Please be okay, Canti-kun!

She vanished into thin air.

---------

Canti sat alone in his dark prison. This couldn't go on anymore. Even after learning the truth, Arestil was going to keep this campaign up against him. She was never going to be happy until he was to never fall in love again. Canti gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

No!

He had to be the one to stop this. He did love Anzu, but her life wasn't worth all of this mess. She should have a happy life. There was only one way to fix this.

Canti managed to raise his right arm and stab himself in the neck with his fingers. Blood dripped down onto the ground before he slumped to the ground.

To Be Continued…