Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 9: Chap 61: Confession ( Chapter 61 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Confession

Anzu was the one who came up with this. She looked down at her hands.

“I can't do this anymore,” she told Canti after the ritual. Her lover looked into her eyes.

“What do you mean?” he asked. She looked Canti's hands in hers.

“I can't lie to him anymore,” Anzu said. “I have to tell him the truth.” Her heart ached saying that. How long had it been? Months? It felt like much longer to her. Canti held her hands.

“I understand,” he said. He kissed her on the forehead.

“Thank you,” Anzu whispered.

“Please be careful,” Canti whispered. His lover nodded.

“I love you,” the kamimortal said.

“I love you too,” Anzu said back. Which was why she had to do this.

-----------

And here it was.

Anzu stopped in her tracks. She lifted her chin.

“Yugi,” she said. Her friends stopped in their tracks.

“What?” Yugi asked over his shoulder. Anzu's lower lip trembled.

“I have something to tell you,” she said. “In private.” The boys all looked at each other. She trembled as she grabbed her arm.

“Please!” she shouted. Jonouchi and Honda shrugged to each other.

“Fine,” Jonouchi said. “We'll catch up with you later.” He and Honda walked ahead of the couple.

“See you later,” Yugi said. Anzu looked down at her feet. Her boyfriend turned to her.

“What is it? What's the matter?” he asked. Anzu pressed her lips together as she felt that warm tingle in her chest.

“I'm so sorry, Yugi,” she said.

“Sorry for what?” he asked. She looked and saw the hurt in his eyes. Did he already know the truth? Who could've told him?

“I've been cheating on you,” she admitted. Tears filled Yugi's eyes.

“You… You can't mean that,” he said, shaking his head. Anzu dropped her head.

“I'm so sorry,” she said again. Yugi struggled to speak at first. His girlfriend feared that this was going to happen. Still, she had to keep going.

“For how long?” Yugi asked. Anzu tensed up.

“How long have you been cheating on me?!” he asked with desperation in his voice.

“Close to a year!” Anzu shouted. Yugi's jaw dropped. All of the life drained from his eyes. She might as well have kicked him in the groin.

“Close to a year?! Close to a year?!” he shouted. He sank down to his knees.

“I'm so sorry,” she said.

“Don't say that!” her boyfriend said. Anzu tried to speak, but he put up his hand.

“Stop!” he shouted. The boy put his hands over his ears. Anzu reached out to him.

“Don't!” Yugi yelled. Her hand sank down to her side. She knew this would happen, but it had to come out.

“What are w going to do now?” she asked. Yugi looked up at her as he tried to swallow back his rage.

“I don't know, you tell me,” he said. His voice trembled as he spoke. It took his all not to yell at her. It had all been true after all. That witch had been right all along.

Meanwhile, Anzu slowly backed away from him. Her heart still ached even though she knew the outcome. The girl had messed up with telling the truth. She messed when she started the affair with Canti. She could almost hear Arestil laughing in her ears.

----------

Meanwhile, Canti waited for Anzu. She was going to come after she told Yugi the truth. What was going to happen after that, that would be up to them. Canti closed his eyes.

“Please hurry back,” he pleaded.

Suddenly, his body froze. His heart seemed to jump up to his throat. Canti couldn't breathe. He couldn't move. The kamimortal didn't even get time to react. Before he knew it, everything went black.

Confession and Bad Times