Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 9: Chap 60: Traces ( Chapter 60 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Traces

-Anzu-

My body feels so light. I almost feel like I can fly. It's been like this since this morning. I can't explain, but it feels… so…

I closed my eyes. I can't explain it.

I woke up in Canti's arms early this morning. He kissed me on the bridge of my nose.

“Good morning,” he whispered. I couldn't help but smile.

“Good morning,” I said back. He kissed me on the lips. I giggled at him. Sure we had school in the morning, but I didn't want to get up. It felt like being a newlywed.

“What happens now?” I asked. Canti gave me a dreamy look.

“You should start to see the effects really soon,” he said. He kissed me on the lips again.

As soon as I got home, I felt it. At first, I felt a warmth in my chest. Not like it was on fire. It felt like a warming sensation. Like this warmth could last me through all of winter. I put my hands to my chest. I didn't want to let that feeling go. Part of me wished that I could hold onto it forever. I walked over to my bed and took a seat. I closed my eyes and took it all in. Slowly, it started to spread. I felt the warmth in my shoulders, stomach, between my legs, arms, and legs. This was it. It had to be. I could see the light in the darkness. There weren't any colors yet. I tried to reach for it, but the light was just out of my grasp. I started to picture essence. What was it going to be like? Would I really live forever? What kind of powers was I going to have?

I opened my eyes when I heard a knock on the door.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“You're going to be late,” mom said.

“Okay!” I said. Oh that's right, I have school today. I froze. Oh shit. I have to go to school. I looked down at my hands. Small sprinkles danced on the skin. Were they glowing pink? I closed my eyes and opened them. The sparkling and pink disappeared, leaving my hands looking normal. I blinked and shook my head. Whoa. I am going to have to be more careful. People could be asking me questions. I wouldn't even know how to explain it. I took a breath and forced myself to calm down. Right. I can do this. Just stay away from people and don't do anything weird.

I slowly stood up and got dressed for school.

--------

Yugi, Jonouchi, and Honda talked to each other on the walk to school. I hung back and said nothing. I did my best to keep my hands hidden. That warm feeling in my body was still there. How long before it reached my face? How long before my friends started asking questions? Sure that would believe the other half of Yugi existing, but I'm not brave enough to chance that with my secrets. I know that I can't keep it from them forever. How would I even tell them? Hey guys, I'm practically a god now. Yeah, my secret boyfriend turned me into one before we slept together. Oh yeah, I've had a secret boyfriend who is almost a god for close to a year now. We've been sleeping together almost every night. But it's all okay, right? I mean, we can still be friends, right?

I frowned to myself as I said all of that again in my head. Yeah, that's not going to work out too well.

“Anzu, are you alright?” I heard in front of me.

“Huh?” I asked, looking up. Yugi, Jonouchi, and Honda had stopped walking and were now staring at me.

“You've been pretty quiet back there,” Yugi said. “Is something on your mind?” I quickly shook my head.

“Oh, no,” I said. “I'm just lost in my thoughts.” I just let it hang there, hoping that they wouldn't press the issue. Luckily, they just let it drown and we walked to school without anymore questions. I dropped my shoulders. I can't keep this up. I am going to have to tell Yugi the truth. My heart started to ache just thinking about it. But he has to know the truth. I have hurt him too much and he doesn't even know it. I lifted my chin.

“Yugi,” I spoke up. My friends stopped in their tracks.

“What?” Yugi asked over his shoulder.

“I have to tell you something,” I said. “In private.”

New Goddess