Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Arifureta ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The trouble with certain anime is they offer an interesting setting, then proceed quickly to turn what could be really good into something boring. Arifureta is an example of this. Not the first, or the last, but the people in Japan who keep pushing these mistakes are going to keep getting repaid with negative reviews by fans of quality. They are failing and someone needs to tell them. 

Arifureta is an isekai anime. Its one of those "my class was summoned but I was useless and then I had to get stronger" kind of shounen isekai. The hero gets backstabbed by a jealous classmate and falls into real trouble, suffers a great deal and finds his resolve to survive and overcome what seems to be against impossible odds. He even finds a girlfriend to devote himself to. The problem with the series is the hero proceeds rapidly from admirable struggle against great odds into a power fantasy where even facing his assassin, he just ignores him and leaves him to hurt his classmates, two of whom are both female and care about him. Potential love interests who become actual love interests later. But he leaves them in danger because....? Why? It looks cool? 

So four episodes of anime worth seeing, and then several seasons of crap follows. Be sure not to watch past the fourth one. Seriously, even the bunnygirl won't save this show.