Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Love Hina ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Love Hina is one of the original harem anime. The author is now a member of the Diet, so basically a senator or house of lords if you prefer. Love Hina is about a young man struggling to get into the toughest university in Tokyo, and has failed twice. He is studying, but his family has little faith, so assign him to look after the family business run by his grandmother, a woman called granny Hina, who is short. She bails on him, leaving him to run what used to be a hot spring bathhouse but is now a women's dorm. The girls there are violent, lazy, or variously troubled head cases, and he's forced to deal with them. If this sounds like Goddesses of Familia, that's because the later show is strongly based on Love Hina. Love Hina is 23 years old, and a pretty traditional slapstick comedy show, halfway to Ranma 1/2 in humor and style. I've written several stories based on it. Lots of other people have too. Many people dislike the canon pairing, so wrote their own and reasons why. I do not think it has aged very well, but the manga is good and its important to anime overall. Many harem shows are following in its footsteps. Tenchi is older, of course, but Tenchi took 35 years to marry his girlfriends. That's very unimpressive for a guy with a foot in a culture that practices royal polygamy. If the appearance of Narusegawa reminds you of Rental Girlfriend, that is because Rental Girlfriend is referencing Love Hina with that character. If the flying turtles remind you of Maple? Well, Maple borrowed that from Love Hina. If amazing and destructive little girls with robots turn up in anime... again, that's Love Hina getting referenced. And while its not the FIRST place to use the term Moe, it is probably the second.