Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Cowboy Bebop ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It is strange that the very popular Adult Swim rerun series Cowboy Bebop is popular in much of the world, but not in Japan. It just didn't work there. In the world its a very popular show, with likeable characters, well defined villains, tragedy, comedy, slapstick, great music by Yoko Kanno, powerful scenes, and good animation which uses CGI effectively with cell drawn animation. It was ahead of its time, and is a master-work. The character arc of Spike Spiegel is fantastic dark drama, and the addition and subtraction of characters during the story are a great emphasis of this idea. There are many quotes from the show with universal recognition by anime fans. 
"Ah, the cheap ones are worthless!" - Jet

"Bell peppers and beef... where's the beef?" Spike

"Shitake on ice." Jet

"Edward is Edward!" Edward

Ein the dog (means one) is referenced in RWBY by having another corgi only named Zwei, which is two. Yes, that's an official reference. 

Cowboy Bebop is cell drawn and very beautiful with a complicated setting, interesting spacecraft, interplanetary organized crime, veterans of wars with PTSD, bounty hunting criminals, and interesting pasts. It is a clever and wild ride, worth seeing in small bits. Don't try to watch all at once. It settles better if you give yourself a week between episodes. Don't bogart it.