Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Barakamon ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Barakamon begins with an epic punch. The receiver of the punch is an old man who walks with a cane, so the young artist who threw the punch is exiled to Gotoh Island in Japan's far west, to repent for his sins and lay low from the media that wants to crucify him. So he finds out about living in super-rural Japan and reconnects to people there, while rediscovering what he loves about Callligraphy and maybe nail down some artistic expression for it rather than continue as stale and generic work. He tries, but he is interrupted by life and parenting one of the cutest kids of anime, rope girl. The girl in question invades his rental-house, interrupts his work, and shows that invincible cheerfulness that country kids have because we are indestrutible. We aren't pretty people, but we are strong. He has many adventures with the local kids and their parents and gradually regains his ability as a good artist. This is a great example of a slice of life anime, with comedy and ethusiasm, and takes place in a very different setting, being warm tropical countryside. The characters are memorable and interesting and while all the events are charming country life, you won't regret watching this.