Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Heavy Object ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Heavy Object takes the phrase "War... war never changes" and curbstomps it. It is about tanks. Really big battle tanks. Tanks 150 feet in diameter. With giantic high speed treads or legs or hoverpods or some other means of propulsion. And they can resist a direct hit with a nuke. They have canons that fire after that hit, too. So war has changed, and corporate-cult-nations have these tanks and fight wars with them, for the win. If you raise the white flag they spare your life and take your territory. So tank combat has become de rigeur and non-fatal for the tank pilots. The soldiers on the ground can still be killed, but often survive. Despite this, things have gotten staid and change is coming, and in this story an engineer finds the weak point of these Objects and kills them, with help. When his methods prove the rule rather than the exception, war changes again. The adventures are interesting, though I wish the villains weren't gigglers. This story was by the same guy who came up with Index/Railgun, which is why they are similar, and the villains are so lame. While Objects wouldn't really move very fast, if at all, and a nuke would still kill the pilot because gamma rays laugh at "shielding", overall the plot, if you accept its limitations, is an interesting story about how brains are the most effective weapon, and how this story is the Triumph of Engineering. I plan to use this setting in a xover story at some point, though the original is pretty satisfying and there really aren't many fanfictions for this one.