Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Desert Punk ( Chapter 28 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The thing about Desert Punk is its not a show for kids. There are boobs. There is limited perversion, mostly in the mind of the "hero". But that's not what the show is really about. It is about the apocalypse turning the world into a huge desert, and what the survivors do to make a living there. Some are struggling farmers. Some are bandits that prey on those farmers, and those farmers complain to the local government, who pay bounties on the capture of those bandits. And there are bounty hunters who do the catching. Desert Punk is about a bounty hunter in this endless desert, and it does it with a laugh. But every episode of the story teaches lessons on tactics, on trust and con men, and on how people you meet everywhere are out to screw you over. So in that respect it teaches important lessons about reality. And any author wanting to think up a clever hero (or villain) that comes up with a good trap scene? This is the show that has it. You end up with all sorts of ideas. So it is useful for writing fan fiction, even if there's very little fan fiction about it directly.