Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Totsugeki! Full House ❯ My Longest Six Months ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

   Chapter 2: My Longest Six Months

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #8220;This is simply unbelievable. Almost like a dream. Getting such a hunk for our homeroom teacher; wow! I don't care what subject he's going to handle; as long as I can see him the whole hour!”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ; “Kirara, don't tell me that you're quitting being Asuka's fan? Well,that's an advantage to me....”, “Reiko you sneak! Of course I'm still his number one fan! It's not as if I'm going after an older guy!” “Well,I can't blame you. Honestly, I think he's cute too!”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;         The students of Class 1-C chatted wildly amongst themselves, as they awaited the start of the day's class. It's very obvious that the predominant subject of their conversations was their new teacher and his good looks. Even the boys' talk was no exception. “Hear that Asuka? Looks like someone's out to get your throne as the school hunk!” Akira teased, to which Asuka replied, “Don't be ridiculous. You heard Kirara; it's not as if they're gonna go after him like that. It's even good that they have some kind of distraction; so I can focus on more important things like....being the all around ace of this school,” saying this, Asuka did his trademark hairflick.

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #8220;Still the narcissist,as ever,” Koji sighed, as Akira rolled his eyes. Noticing something unusual, Koji looked back and saw Jin,who was the eternal loudmouth of the class, was totally silent the whole time. “Hey, what's up? Usually, you'll be shooting off your mouth at a time like this.”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ; “He's been like that ever since he saw that guy,” said Maria, “Tell me something Jin; do you know him from before?”

     94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp; “Why'd you ask that?” the spikehead finally said.

             94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  “Why shouldn't I? With the way you looked at him, it's as if....as if he's done something to you....” “No,I don't know him.” “Then why?”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;         Jin fell silent for a few more seconds before finally saying, “I don't know him. Precisely why I don't trust him. More so that he's a foreigner.”

            94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â “But Jin....” Maria tried to ask him more on why so, but seeing that mistrustful look yet once again, she just turned away and went back to her desk. “You know what Maria?” said Yuu, who sat in the desk next to her, “I think Jin feels threatened by our new teacher.”

    &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;  “But how can that be, since he doesn't know him yet?”asked Maria. “well, it's not in how you know a person,” said Yuu, as she fidgeted her long braids, “See, there are certain types of personalities that interact strongly with one another, whether negatively or positively. So there are times that two people don't know each other, yet they already have a strong feeling for each other's presence.” “So that means the new guy may not like him as well?” “Not necessarily. But one thing's for sure; Jin has a strong personality, so for him to feel strongly of the new teacher, it's very likely that he has a strong personality as well.”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ; “Is that so?”Maria was deep in thought, an was in that state when the bells rang, heralding the start of the school period. At that, everybody ran back to their places and sat down, eagerly awaiting the arrival of their new teacher.

    Â&nb sp;              94; Â Â After a few more suspense-filled moments, the object of the class' anxiety finally entered the room. Breaths were held, minds were cleared, as the class watched the new teacher walk to the table, lay down his teaching paraphernalia, take the students' records from it and faced them. Having done so, he proceeded with the routine roll call. After he had done so, he laid down the records ad faced the class, and was met with silent stares. After a few more moments of silence,he finally said, “Whoa. I have been told that Japanese students are quite orderly....but not this quiet. Not that it's a bad thing, but if you don't mind....would you please be a little more responsive?” Seeing that th class gave him an odd look, a slight look of uncertainty came back to him once again,as he said, “Sorry. I didn't mean anything. It's just that...that I don't want you to be intimidated by my presence here. It's not as if I'm gonna eat you alive or something.”

            94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Hearing a spur-of-the-moment candidness at that rather awkward moment, the class couldn't help but let out a few giggles. “Looks like it's him who's intimidated by us,” said Hiroshi. “And that's what makes him cute,” seconded Tokie. And it wasn't at all surprising,as thy saw the new teacher's features up close. The sunlight streaming through the windows highlighted his angular features; revealed the blond highlights of his bangs that distinguished it from the rest of the dark brown locks on his head; and finally, was refracted by his deep brown eyes, revealing its lustrous quality, the kind of luster that reveals any change or onset of emotions that he has; such as the uncertainty and searching look that he displays at that moment. Finally, he wore a decisive look, straightened and in a casual tone, said, “Okay, since you'll not be speaking on your own, I'll give you something to talk about. You can ask me anything you want, no holds barred,” and in a more friendly tone,said, “Anything about me is fair game.”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;    At that, the class looked at each other and murmured briefly among themselves, as the teacher waited on. Finally, Maria raised her hand. “Yes?” said the teacher, as he motioned to her. As she stood up, Akira jeered, “Go for it, class rep!”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;           Maria sneered at him, then faced the teacher. “Uh, Star-sensei,” she said slowly, “Is this your first time in Japan?” “Well, yes it is. Like I said in the assembly, I only learned what I should about this country through the books, the Net, and the Nihongo practice partners that were assigned to me. Everything else that I haven't learned from reading, I learned from them. But of course, nothing beats actually going here and learning the ways of the Japanese on-the-spot.”

   Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â “So, what have you learned so far?” “So far, nothing that I haven't known yet, ....except for that rule about handbags that I overheard in the apartment that I'm staying in. I guess that doesn't apply to me, since I don't use one.” Hearing this, Maria smirked, as the class giggled. He's got enough wit to keep us entertained, at least.

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â “All right then,” said the teacher, as he held the seating plan, points to a spot on it and said, “Is that all you're gonna ask, Maria?” “You're calling us by first name?” “Well, I know that it's the custom here for teachers to address the students by the last name, but if you don't mind, I'd be comfortable calling you by your given names. Where I come from, the thing we associate last name-calling with is the military and the workplace, definitely not the environment we associate school with. Is it okay?”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;   “Uh, yes, whatever you're comfortable with,” saying this, Maria faced the class and said, “How about you guys?” Everybody gave out their agreements, except for Jin, who still kept silent and maintained a hard, measuring glance on their teacher.

    Â&nb sp;              94; Â Â Â Â Everybody else gave out their questions; ranging from whether he has a girlfriend or not, to what else are his other interests. All of which he answered gamely, as the class found out that he does have a special someone back in Canada, and his other interests are sailing and stargazing; the last have Koji's seatmates nudging the latter,as they went, “You have found your kind!”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;      Ko ji was flustered, since he's the one who asked that question. “It's not as if he's also interested in UFOs,” he shot back. Hearing this the teacher went near his seat and asked, “So that's what you're into as well?” “Well,...” Koji stood up and minced his words, still a bit shy over talking face to face with a foreigner. “Not much about the stars and the heavenly bodies though. I'm more into UFOs.” “So, you're not as much interested in celestial bodies as much as UFOs then?” Still uneasy, Koji kept his eyes downcast and with an even softer voice, said, “um, yeah....”

    &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;A bit of silence followed. A thoughtful look came to the teacher's eyes and in a more gentle tone, said,”How about looking up, little fellow?” As Koji looked up at him, he was met with a consoling expression, as the teacher said, “All of us have our own interests. It's part of who we are. So don't think that I'm disappointed that we don't share the same interests.” “H-how did you know?” Koji said, surprised, to which the teacher replied, “It's written all over your face.” “Duh,” Akira cut in, “Your face is practically an Etch-a-Sketch board. No mind reading's necessary.”

            94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;Koji scowled at Akira, as the teacher said, “Okay,okay, this is all a friendly exchange. See, what I want to do here, is try to get to know all of you as much as I can.”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;            “So why do it with a self-centered question?”

    & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p; Everybody fell silent, as they all looked towards Jin, who asked that aggressive inquiry with an equally aggressive tone and look. “Jin!” Maria hissed warningly, then hastily turned towards the teacher. “Please excuse him, Star-sensei.....”

     Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;              94; Â Tension filled the air as the teacher slowly walked towards Jin's desk, as all anxiously awaited the former's reaction to the latter's rude behavior, expecting something unpleasant. But all the teacher did was stop at the desk and maintained an unwavering look at the spike-haired boy, as he said, “Good question. Yes, it may look that this discussion's all about me. But actually, it's the other way around. It's about all of you. I did this forum session to get to know all of you. The kind of questions you ask, the way you ask them, those tell me what kind of personality each of you has, and what you may be thinking of me in those moments also counts in your personalities.”

   Â&n bsp;       ;      &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; “Oh yeah? So what do you think of me right now?” Jin retorted.

    Â&n bsp;       ;      &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Leaning down, the teacher leveled his gaze with the spike haired fellow's, and with a knowing look,said, “What do I think of you right now? I see an impatient,inquisitive little fellow who wants to know the real deal about me.” After saying this, the teacher walked back to the front table.

      ;      &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp; Maria let out an uneasy look as she watched Jin seethe in his chair, and said, “Looks like Jin had made him mad.” “Nope, I think it's the other way around,” said Asuka. “It's Jin who's mad. He's mad because Star-sensei read him clearly.” Letting out a smirk, the brunette said, “Things are gonna get more interesting.”

   Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;“Okay then,” said the teacher, “Any more questions?” Asuka raised his hand,and as he was called, he stood up and said, “Well, something just came up to me. I've noticed that you have some....well....traces of Southern Mediterranean features.” Hearing him say this, his fangirls in the class swooned and said, “That's our genius Asuka-kun,” which led to Maria and the others rolling their eyes, but they promptly straightened up when the teacher said, “Interesting; you noticed it as well. Looks like I haven't told you; you see, my mother's Greek.”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â The class let out another round of amazed murmurings. He's full of surprises, all right, Asuka thought, his usual nonchalant visage having a slight tinge of amazement. But gathering his composure, he asked further, “So, you know Greek too?” “Well, I have to admit; I don't know much Greek as much as Nihongo in which we are speaking in right now. But I sure know a great deal about Greek mythology and history,...” saying this, he let out a knowing grin.

             94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;  Struck at the realization that he had given them with his grin, the class' amazed murmurs grew louder. “Don't tell me,” said Maria, “that your subject is....”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â “Yes, you're right,”saying this, the teacher took out another notebook from the stacked teaching paraphernalia on the table. “What I'll be handling is Literature, that is....classic Greek mythology.” Maria heard Jin growl and groan in his seat. “To make things worse,” sighed Maria, “He's gonna be handling Jin's most hated subject: foreign literature.”
**************************************************** *****

             94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;   As the students were dismissed and went home that afternoon;as expected, the dominant subject of Class 1-C's conversation was their teacher. “He's really something,” said Maria, “from the way he handles our questions and the way he talks to us, it's as if he already knows us!”

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â “I can see why Jin should act suspicious of him,”said Koji, as he glanced at the aforementioned, who remained silent throughout the those moments.

    Â&nb sp;              94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â “Do you suppose,” said Reiko, “that he already knows who we are?” To which Akira snorted and said, “No way. Nobody outside Tokyo, much less foreigners, knows about Raijin-oh!”

            94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;  “You're all being a bit paranoid here,” said Yuu, who wore a concerned look. “Star-sensei just has a knack for reading people's personalities. And that's why I think he was chosen for the forex program; that skill is an advantage for any teacher who's gonna be assigned overseas.”

    & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;    “And he's enjoying himself in torturing us in that knowledge,” Asuka sighed. Hearing this, the tall, husky Daisuke scratched his head and said, “Even our resident hotshot feels tortured? That Star-sensei's really something.”

            94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;   “Uh,Jin,” Koji said, “You're not saying anything eversince we left the classroom.” “Duh,” went Akira, “He was the most tortured by Star-sensei.”

   Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;   “Hey, Jin,”Maria said, but the aforementioned cut her; “Don't ask my opinion, since I don't have any. And stop talking about him, just the thought of him makes me sick.” Saying this, the spikehead ran ahead of everybody.

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â The group fell silent, as they uneasily glanced at one another.

    Â&nb sp;              94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â “This isn't good,” sighed Maria.

*****************************************************
& #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Hearing the howling of the dogs in the distance, he lay down on his back, eyes glued to the ceiling. It indeed has been an exhaustive day for him. It may appear that he had handled the children so knowingly; but only because he had put up an effective bluff. Yes; he had overheard his students from a distance that he was an expert in torture, while the truth is, it's the other way around. They were the ones who tortured him, with their probing, dissecting looks, and their intrusive questions. But despite that, he has to keep his guard up. They must not know his real purpose of his coming to Japan. “Not now at least,”he sighed.

    Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;   The silence of his apartment room was broken with the ringing of his mobile phone. As he looked at the display, he felt a sense of urgency when he saw the number. Yes, it was not listed in his phone's directory,and for a good reason: no one must know that he's contacting this person. As he received the call, he cautiously listened to the other end of the line.

             94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp; “Guardian of light,” a woman's voice said, to which he replied, “Seven Chosen.”, as part of their SOPs are passwords. Having confirmed that it was him, the one at the other end of the line said, “So,how was your first day?”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;              94; Â Â “Really something , I tell you,” he sighed, “All the questions they ask, the way they talk to me....I can't believe that they're just seventh graders!”

    &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp; “That's exactly the same case with your fellow Chosen in Aozora city.”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;  “You mean...Odie? He's assigned to the Light Children there, right? So, are they all like that?”

     ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;       ;   “Precisely why they were chosen by Eldoran.”

    &# 194; Â Â Â Â Â Â ; Â Â Â Â Â Â&n bsp;   “Eldoran sure knows his stuff. Hey, Rachel, did Grandmaster Michelin really send all seven of us here in Japan?”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;   “I'm afraid I can't disclose that, Jay. You know our SOPs,right?” “Oh, sorry.” “Oh come on. Even when you're still being trained by the Olympian gods, you and your other Chosen friends have been into the sworn secrecy thing. You must know that by now.”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;          “Well, it's just that I remembered Roseller's words on that fateful day; that there are times when secrecy is more of a burden than an advantage. But don't worry,I know that this is th time that secrecy is necessary. After all, I am a secret agent, right?”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;    “And I hope you remember exactly why you're there?”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;    “To observe the kids that were once the Chikyuu Boueigumi (Earth Defense Class).”

     94; Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;   “Good to hear that. Okay,about these kids, has anyone of them caught your attention so far?”

      Â Â Â Â Â Â&nb sp;          “Well....there's this kid that for some reason, I've gotten his goat, even if we've never even met before and I don't remember doing anything he won't like. Not only does he have an intense dislike of me, but of the subject that I'm handling as well. He keeps giving me the eye.  The truth is, it's really bothering me.”

    Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;      & #194; Â Â Â “Let me guess; that's Jin Hyuga, the main pilot of Raijin-oh, right?” “How did you know?” “Judging from the info on his stats, bio and personality in the ACEF database, that's his most likely reaction to you. Yes, you still have no idea how the two of you are very much alike.”

     4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp;     Â&nbs p;   “Really now....” “Oh, you'll know what I mean when the time comes. I have to go now. I'll get back to you as soon as I get the updates on the enemy's movement.” As soon as the line was cut, he hurriedly deleted the incoming calls' log as another part of the SOP.

     & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  4; Â Â Â Â Â Â& nbsp; Sighing, he looked out of the window and into the horizon lined with the tall skyscrapers of the megalopolis and the silhouette of the Tokyo Tower. “This is going to be my longest six months.”