Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ Bullet in the Dark ❯ Your's Truly, A Guardian Angel ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.

Bullet in the Dark

Chapter 4: Yours Truly, A Guardian Angel

Author's Note:

Writing like back these days, I am. Writing, writing, writing… I can't stop, yet I'm SO hungry! I want food! Then again, I'm always hungry. Ah, what the heck. Enjoy the chapter and give me some reviews, please!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

He fell back to the bed, eyes intent on the ceiling. It was white, a pearly white like her skin.

He mentally hit himself.

What was he thinking? Was she so special now that he thought about her every second?

He closed his eyes. He tried to sleep, but he knew it would be a nightmarish one.

There is no peace for an assassin. No rest…

When he slept, he dreamed of his victims coming for him, dead, zombie-like, haunting because that they been killed in cold blood by a cold-blooded man himself.

And because of this, he sleep so rarely, so lightly, it was as if he was awake.

He kept asking himself over and over, why did he take her with him?

It would be nothing but trouble, to both him and her.

A headache attacked him; he wanted another smoke, bad. He wanted a beer, too, while he was on that subject. Something to throw him in a daze, so he could stop thinking about the angel-like woman he had taken from her home.

He rose quickly, and walked into the kitchen. Opening the near empty fridge, he grabbed a beer.

He knew it was pointless. It took him more than one beer to make him drunk, but he didn't want that.

He didn't want to wake in some stupid situation, like he had seen other men had done. He was to be in control 24/7.

He popped open the lid, and placed the bottle to his mouth. Downing most of the bottle, he settled it back on the kitchen counter.

The white light of the kitchen burned into his eyes. He preferred the dark, where he could see people and they couldn't see him, like the wolf the public now recognized him as.

At the thought of the public, his thoughts once again turned to the girl, Françoise. What would the public say about this? What would his employers say about this?

If he knew then well enough --and he did--, they would let him keep her.

He was their best assassin, and both sides knew it.

If he truly insisted, they would let him keep her.

He smiled inwardly when he thought about she would react to being his pet. He could see her furious, yet surprised expression already.

When had he started thinking of her as his?

Since the moment he had picked her up. The minute she begged him to end her life. He was another form of death, after all.

Somehow, he slowly fell asleep.

However, like he predicted, it was a restless one.

Dark images swirled in front of him, shapes that were too blurred to be deciphered. He walked towards it, but his feet seemed suck to the ground. An incoming beam, like his laser gun, came towards his. He tried hard to move his feet, but it was getting closer, closer, closer…

He awoke in a sweat, shaking slightly. However, in seconds he was back in control, looking like nothing had ever happened.

It was already light, and he knew that he could do nothing but get up.

He knew that the girl was already asleep, and that he still had hours before she awoke. Remembering his almost empty fridge and knowing that she would be hungry, he went to the closet, draped a long black coat on his back, and went out.

His shoes made no noises as he walked across the richly carpeted hall to the elevators. In seconds he was walking towards the glass doors that he was so familiar with.

Lying before him was the city of Tokyo, so still at the moment, but he knew it would start crowding in mere hours.

Walking quickly, joggers surpassing him along with the usual early riser, he arrived at the local bakery.

Picking up a breakfast for both himself and Françoise, he went back to his condo.

That was his life: fast, simple, dangerous… At least, at night.

At night, he was a killer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As she awoke, Françoise thought she was still in bed, still at the estate she hated.

But then…

The man. His eyes. The cold. Her grumbling stomach…

She was very hungry, in fact, and wondered if he would feed her.

'Well, there's no way to find out if I stay in bed… I can't imagine him as someone who would bring me breakfast in bed.'

She slowly crawled out of bed, feeling a bit refreshed, considering what happened to her just the night before.

She walked to the door, opening the door deliberately unhurried, a bit fear still in her system.

Unlike what she expected, breakfast was already on the dining room table; a large plateful of Danishes.

She smiled, thinking about how considerate he was.

Like last night, he was on the balcony.

Venturing closer to the warm sunlight, she saw a mug of coffee in his hands, the steam rising off it in small puffs, almost like the clouds in the sky.

"Good morning," she murmured.

He grunted in reply, eyes still on the Tokyo skyline.

"Thank you for breakfast. Are you going to eat?" she asked, trying to bring up a bit of conversation, trying to learn a bit more about him.

"Already ate. Coffee's in the kitchen, if you want any. I don't have tea; it's not strong enough to keep me awake throughout the day."

She laughed at his last comment, making him a bit, if not a lot surprised. "Coffee will be fine."

She walked back inside, disappearing behind the almost sheer curtains that fluttered in the breeze.

He blew on his coffee, thinking, thinking, thinking. So much that he wished that one day he would just not have to think about everything: death, killings, everything that still kept him in his some-what sane mind.

He made her laugh, truly laugh as if he wasn't a killer, a kidnapper, an angel of the devil…

He chuckled at that --inwardly, of course--. Him, an angel?

What would be next? Maybe his employers were really nursery school teachers who wanted to spread world peace?

Françoise walked back to the balcony, coffee in one hand and a Danish in another.

She looked at the man whom had kidnapped her.

Strangely, she felt no hate, or even anger towards him.

The party that night had announced her engagement to Scarl Kugaikotsu, a powerful Japanese businessman.

She herself was French, as her family. They had moved from France years ago, so she spoke both languages wonderfully.

Scarl was all tall, and somewhat handsome man, and rich, so he could support her every whim… But…

She didn't want to marry him.

She wanted to marry for true love, for someone she wouldn't regret.

So, in a way, when he had kidnapped her, it was as if he saved her, a guardian angel of sorts…

An angel who killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Done! Hope you peoples liked it! Tell me how you liked it!

Responses to Reviews:

Bickabee: I'm glad you like this story! Sorry it's so weird, though… I'm confused myself! Thanks for the review!

Queen of Duels: You got that right! So happy that you love this story! I've also tried writing dark stories before, but always failed. This time, however, I've been super depressed so I can write well. Thanks for everything!

GoldAngel2: Yes, Joe is sensitive… That's why we must hug him 'til he breaks. Anyway, you're right about how he can be dark. I can't wait to see your story updating! Good luck to you!

Sesshoumaruwuzhere: Cyborg 009 is actually a pretty good show. I did a bit of research about it and the plot was all right. Thanks for all the support! When does school start for you?

CosmoAngel1: *blushes* That's so sweet of you! You make me feel like a really good writer! You're the bestest!

Serene Faerie: You love my stories? You're a really good writer, so I feel blessed to have you say that! I also like dark and angsty for some reason, but I'm also very happy! Thanks for the support you're giving me!

Kuramie: It's a little bit brighter? Dang! I must write more depressing! I bet you're a good writer, too! I just have a year's practice!

InSaNe ReAdEr: *sniff* You're so nice! I'll try to put in as much good stuff as I can! Thanks for all the support! You make me feel like I should write more!

Aria Zephyr: If you don't like me making him smoke, are you outraged that I made him a drinker? JK, but I wanted to make him a bad boy on all accounts! Of course I'm not creeped out! I'm creepy myself!

Kael: I'm glad you're happy now! And I try to acknowledge every one of my readers!

Black Rose Elise: Thanks for the review! I did read your story, and gave you some tips. Glad you like my story!