D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ The Play ❯ The Play: Part Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Play
 
Disclaimer: I am not the creator of DNAngel
 
A/N: I apologize for the delay. Between school and… more school I hardly have any time to update any of my fics.
 
Chapter 5: “The Play: Part Two.”
 
“Whatever my master desires… Yeah right.” Dark lazily turned over onto his side while he laid in bed which was in a room that wasn't nearly dark enough for Dark to sleep peacefully in. Risa had lit a few too many candles in order to brighten up the dark room because she was afraid of the dark. “I bet Krad's room is nice and dark.”
 
However, getting over there was completely out of the question. Why? Because there were guards everywhere in this palace, and everyone knew who Dark was before he even knew them. So, everyone knew that he was also Risa's new man-slave. He'd so rather be Krad's man-slave. “No… wait. I want him as my man-slave. I want to break him and make him kneel before me before I make him my dog. But there's no way I'm going to get that close.” Krad was never truly alone. So dearly loved, the sultan made sure his prized possession was constantly under heavy guard. Can you imagine what the sultan would do if someone even put a scratch on Krad's angelic face? Disaster would surely fall. “I will have to get him to want to be alone with me first.” That wasn't going to be easy. But then again, he managed to get Krad to look and SPEAK to him. According to the others, Krad never exchanged glances let alone speak. “I guess I'm just the lucky one.”
 
Risa suddenly groaned and rolled over.
 
Thank Allah he wasn't sleeping with her. She didn't lie still. “I'll have to fall asleep sometime,” Dark told himself. And sure enough, he did.
 
It wasn't until half way through the night did he hear something. It was someone walking. Dark got off the couch that Risa gave to him and went around the curtains. It was suddenly very chilly in the palace. He should have expected it though. Deserts get very cold at night and are extremely hot during the day. Despite the “critical” conditions, Dark carried onwards. He was determined to find who it was that was sneaking around at this time in the night, secretly hoping that it wad Krad, but he only got so far before there was no light. Dark cursed himself for not being able to see in the pitch darkness. “So much for my night hunt.”
 
Dark was just about to turn back, but suddenly there was a light in his face. “Hehe. Did my paradox lose his way?”
 
“Nope. I just found who I was looking for.”
 
That comment wiped the smirk off Krad's lips. “Don't pretend that I'm an item that can be easily bought and possessed.”
 
Dark shook his head, and sarcastically said, “Oh no, Prince Krad. You're not an item. You're a wild beast.”
 
“What?” Krad choked.
 
“You're a wild beast that needs to be whipped and restrained by a worthy master, and I'm just the one to do it,” Dark pulled out his whip.
 
Krad arched his brow. “Didn't they search you properly when they brought you into this palace?”
 
“Apparently not.”
 
“What is it about me that attracts you so? I'm not an idle to behold in your fantasies. I'm better off being the monster that lurks in your nightmares.”
 
 
“Oh? Too late. You are already the idle of my dreams.”
 
“You should be careful for what you wish for,” Krad said in an incisive whisper, “I am not a sympathetic individual that would waive my rights for your sake. I am more likely to wage war and take hostages to brutally torture.”
 
Dark grinned. “I love how you speak about your brutal nature,” Dark reached out and combed his hand through Krad's golden hair, “The very words suite your inner demon.”
 
Krad was taken aback by Dark's turn of words. Maybe his paradox was just the individual to keep him entertained. “Are you that infatuated with me that you're created some fictional notion of me?” Krad leaned into Dark's ears and whispered, “Watch yourself. I'd be more than happy to hang your head as a trophy in my room than to allow it to nestle against my neck.”
 
“We could change that,” Dark lashed his whip around Krad's waist and pulled him in like a cowboy would with a captured wild stallion. “I know we just met, but I can't help but be drawn to you.”
 
Krad tensed up against Dark's warm body. He had never before had any kind of skin contact with another person. It was kind of nice. “Release me,” Krad doubted his own words. They had absolutely no strength in them, as if he was reluctantly forcing them out.
 
“You don't sound like you want to be. Be a bit more forceful when you want something. Like push against my chest.” Krad found himself already doing it. He pressed his hands against Dark's chest, but couldn't bring himself to push. “Like how they feel?”
 
Krad looked up at Dark, “What?”
 
“My pecks. Like how they feel? If you want, I could show them to you,” he winked.
 
“You imbecile!” Krad was now trying to push Dark away, but Dark's arms came around his back and shoulder and prevented him from creating a void between them. “Release me at once! I demand that you let me go!”
 
“Shhh, my little devil, or you'll wake the whole palace.”
 
Your little devil? I belong to no one.”
 
“You used to belong to no one,” Dark rubbed his hand against Krad's back, “It's Ok. No one else has to know. We can keep this a secret. It'll be our little secret. Now, lead me to your chambers. I can't sleep in Risa's room.”
 
Krad wanted to put up an argument, but he already found himself leading Dark to his chambers. Was he making a mistake? He shrugged. It wasn't anything that he couldn't handle. He could always kill Dark while he slept.
 
“This is my room, chamber, whatever you call it.”
 
Dark invited himself in and had a look around. It was nice. The room was decorated with white feathers, white fabric, and white furniture pieces. “Have a white fetish I see?”
 
“No. The sultan had this room decorated like this. He believes that white suits me the most. He says that I'm pure, and so the only color appropriate for me is an unadulterated color, such as white.”
 
“You have quite a few pearls too.”
 
“They're gifts from the sultan; he pampers me with fine gifts and servants. What's it to you?”
 
“I thought that no one was allowed to touch you.”
 
“They don't. They wear silk gloves when washing me. They clean my room when I am not around. I do almost everything I can to avoid being with others. The sultan is the only one I exchange any communication with.”
 
“Well now there is me.”
 
“Stop acting like you are an important factor in my life.”
 
“But I am,” Dark said as he sat on the bed.
 
“I never said that you could sit there. Get off of my bed!”
 
“Make me,” Dark said as he motioned for Krad to approach him.
 
Krad strolled over to the side on his bed and looked down at Dark like he was about to kill him if he spoke another word. “Get. Off.”
 
Sighing in defeat, Dark reluctantly stood up only to look Krad in the face. Never in his life had Dark seen such gold as pure and unadulterated as Krad's eyes. They shined even when shadowed upon, and glared when hit with light. Now, with his perfect golden eyes came the pure, creamy skin. Now Dark could understand why the sultan dressed Krad in white. When compared with Krad's skin, white became even more dull and insipid while bringing out Krad's unique skin tone. Then, there were Krad's thin lips. Dark bet that they had hardly ever kissed anyone, let alone smile. But Krad's lips didn't need to do much to draw attention. They were perfect and lush just displaying the calm, emotionless feature that Krad had been trademarked for. Dark began to wonder what it would be like to kiss Krad at that very moment. Of course he would probably take a beating, be whipped a few times, who knows, even be sent to his death, but all the consequences seemed trivial when compared to the reward. Krad would never forget the person that dared to steal his first kiss. “What are you musing about now? How my lips might feel when molded against yours, perhaps?”
 
“You can read minds too?”
 
“Don't be ridiculous.” Krad jerked his head towards the window. “I think you should leave. What would your master say if you went missing on your first day?”
 
The sun was raising and all the night, Dark hadn't gotten a second of sleep. He would blame Krad entirely for this, but he would gladly do this every night if it meant being with Krad. “I guess this is where I say `goodbye.'”
 
“And good riddance. Don't even think about coming here when you're free. If I see you anywhere near my chambers, I'll have you out of this castle faster than a genie can grant a wish.”
 
So much for the dramatic farewell. Dark had a feeling that his story wasn't going to be a fairy tale come true. Just spending the night with him, Dark had already figured out that Krad just wasn't the type to get too close to anyone, and if he did, he was quick to push that individual away. No one was going to break into his heart. Especially Dark.
 
Back in Risa's room, Dark settled himself onto the couch and a moment later, Risa had awakened. Dark peaked out of his left eye and saw Risa sitting up stretching while the light crept into her room. Risa jumped out of her bed and began strolling towards Dark. Immediately, Dark closed his eyes and tried to keep a straight face as Risa approached him. Soon, he felt someone resting their hand on his shoulder, “Hey, sleepyhead, wake up. It's time to get you to work.”
 
Arugh. How Dark missed the days when he would just wake up with the noon's sun. Just early enough to avoid starving over breakfast, but late enough to eat lunch. Even Wiz would sleep in until he had to kick the fur ball to get him up. Dark felt like groaning. He didn't want to open his eyes now that he was settled in bed. Nothing like falling asleep when the early morning sun is creeping in on you. Dark was not a morning person. He was a night owl. Dark shuffled a little, and turned over. Risa giggled a bit and began shaking Dark. “Come on. If you are late getting up, then there will be no morning breakfast for you.”
 
Food equaled energy, and energy meant that he could pester Krad longer. That was all the reason he needed to get up. “The washroom is over that way.”
 
Dark practically dragged his feet as he made his way over to the servant's washroom, which was only down several hundred stairs, at the end of the hall, and underneath the castle. He was never going to get used to this. To make matters worse, the water was cold. And not just chilly, but freezing. How the hell does water manage to get so cold in a freakin' desert?! There are always ways.
 
After Dark got ready, he rushed over to the breakfast table, but had missed it by a minute. Other servants were already cleaning everything up, and there wasn't anything left for Dark. Without food, there would be no energy. That meant that he wasn't going to be stocking Krad later on. He just wouldn't have the energy to deal with Krad's obnoxious, catty personality. But, maybe if he was lucky, he could at least just get a glimpse and when Krad harassed him about it, he would just walk away. Yes, that sounded like a plan to him.
 
So, Dark walked up another hall with the rest of the servants. There was a scroll that hung that directed everyone. Dark looked for his name on the scroll, and found that it said he was just to stay besides Risa. “Who does she think I am? Her man-slave?”
 
“Better to be the princess' man-slave than the personal slave of another. Labor is brutal on the body and skin. Just look at these hands. They've definitely seen better days.”
 
Dark grimaced at the man's shriveled hands. It was hard to believe that those hands had even seen better days.
 
Dark had to back trail until he found Risa's room. She was sitting in front of her mirror combing her hair. When she saw Dark, she held the comb out and said, “Comb my hair.”
 
Dark did so, but in the process took out a few. Combing Risa's hair was just as easy as combing barbed wire. Those knots weren't going anywhere. Regardless, Dark pretended that he combing although it was just the surface. At least Risa wouldn't notice. “Dark,” she spoke, “I know you are a free man and that you belong out there, but if you stay here with me, then I'll give you whatever you want that is within my power.”
 
That promise sure captured his attention.
 
“I can give you food.”
 
(Which means more energy to bother Krad.)
 
“I can give you clothing.”
 
(Leather would be greatly appreciated.)
 
”I can give you lands.”
 
(Can you also build a kingdom for Kraddy and me?)
 
“I can give you slaves.”
 
(A certain white prince would make a perfect man-slave.)
 
“I can give you love.”
 
(So then, asking for Krad is a guaranteed given?)
 
Risa turned around and held the comb still. “What is it that you want?” Risa asked, “I want to give you gifts. I want to shower you with jewels. I don't want you to be anyone else's servant but my own.”
 
(A little selfish there. But could you possibly put a ribbon on Krad and hand him over?)
 
“There is something I want.”
 
Risa touched Dark's cheek affectionately and asked, “What is it? Please tell me.”
 
“Well, I can't have it now, but later, will you give it to me?”
 
Risa smiled, “Of course. I'll give you anything. But for now, I must leave. I have princess lessons to attend. Your only duty is to clean my room and make my bed.”
 
“How long will you be gone?”
 
“I'll be back before dinner. So I'll be gone for roughly eleven to twelve hours.”
 
“I shall eagerly await your return,” only Risa wouldn't catch the sarcasm in Dark's voice.
 
As soon as she left, Dark raced over to her bed and plopped himself on it. “Ahh… so soft…”
 
Dark turned over a few times and quickly found himself a comfortable spot to just snuggle into. He was on the verge of a dream before he felt something against his lips. Freaking out, Dark jumped back and saw that it was just an apple. But where did it come from? Dark looked up and saw no one. “A haunted apple?” Dark asked himself.
 
“You're more of an idiot than I took you for.”
 
Dark's ear twitched. Only one person could be the owner of such a cold and sexy voice. “I can't believe you came to visit me. And look, you brought me a gift.” Dark looked over his shoulder and saw Krad sitting at the edge of Risa's bed. “I honestly thought that you would be sleeping. Since I kept you up all night and all.”
 
Krad wouldn't admit he was tired. He'd rather just leave before Dark started pestering him. Oh, god, how that boy could drive you to your last nerve. He didn't even know why he bothered bring Dark an apple. “Just shut up and eat the damn apple.” Dark took the apple and tossed it up in the air a few times. “It's not a bomb,” said Krad.
 
Dark chuckled and took a bite out of it. It was sweet and just what Dark needed to get his energy back on tract. After a few more bites, Dark was finished and tossed the apple behind Risa's bed. Hey, it's not like she would ever notice. “That's going to rot and produce quite a foul odor,” warned Krad.
 
“So tell me. Why did you bring me of all people an apple?”
 
Krad groaned. Wasn't it obvious why? Clearly Krad had seen Dark come in at breakfast late, and so he didn't get to eat. Krad snatched an apple from his personal fruit basket to feed Dark so that the poor boy didn't pass out. The last thing he needed was for his entertainment to fail on him. It was more for Krad's personal needs rather than concern for Dark. Krad couldn't bear the thought of him worrying for another. “Don't ask me such ridiculous questions.”
 
“Then the apple wasn't from you?” Dark sighed, “And here I was thinking that I was finally friends with you.”
 
Krad winced.
 
“Fine. Acquaintances then.”
 
Krad winced again.
 
Dark rolled his eyes, “Aw, come on!”
 
“We are master and servant. Not friends. Not acquaintances.”
 
Dark laid back on the bed. He wanted to tease and harass Krad some more, but he needed more energy. And by the looks of it, Krad wasn't quite up to arguing about anything either. “Wanna lie down with me?”
 
“And do what exactly? Are you trying to allure me into one of your traps?”
 
Dark chuckled. “Krad, you're as big as I am. What harm could a guy like me possibly do?”
 
“You have more muscle on those bones of yours than most of the labor men in the palace. Where did Risa find someone like you?”
 
“Market place,” it was the honest truth, “In the alley.”
 
“Ah. So then you're a street rat? How very amusing. The sultan told me that you were the finest new slave off a ship from Europe that was being held at an auction.”
 
“Then I would have made the man who auctioned me rich. It's hard to come by a guy like me.”
 
“And how fortunate we are that you are such a rare case.”
 
Dark snorted. He didn't like being mocked. “So, are you going to lie with me or not?”
 
“I hardly think the action is appropriate,” Krad said while sitting.
 
“Then how about we go to your chambers?” Dark suggested, “I just want to get some sleep, and I know you are just as tired as I am.”
 
“Don't you have a room to clean?”
 
“I have ten hours to kill. To clean this place will probably take me no more than a few minutes.”
 
Krad stood there with his arms crossed. “Maybe another time. I have too many things to get done than to be just lying in bed.”
 
“Like what? Polishing your nails?”
 
“If it were only that simple. I have bigger issues to attend to as the future king of this country.”
 
“Well, whenever you are done getting those nails done, come back and join me. This bed is ultra comfy. I know you'll just love it, Kraddy.”
 
Krad winced at the new nickname. Since when did he give Dark permission to even address him so casually? “I suggest you learn your place, servant. Calling me such a name can send you to your death.”
 
How could someone so beautiful cast such harsh and hostile words? Where was the love?
“How about when we are alone?”
 
Krad left the room before giving an answer. Dark sighed. It was going to take more than just a few contemptuous, boorish conversations to get that white prince to maybe accept him as an acquaintance. Dark yawned. Now wasn't the time to ponder. It was a time to sleep, and sleep he did. In fact, Dark slept so much, that by the time he woke up, he realized that the sun was already setting. “Crap!” he jumped out of the bed, “What time is it?”
 
He checked the sundial then slapped himself. He couldn't tell time. But it looked like it was close enough to six. Dark immediately began making the bed, and after that, he laid on the couch. This room wasn't any dirtier than it was when the last person cleaned it.
 
Twenty minutes later, Risa walked in and gasped. “Dark! The room looks so clean. You did such a good job.”
 
See? It was already clean.
 
Risa decided to scrutinize the room just to make sure Dark did his work. So, she checked everywhere. From inside her personal washroom, to her closet, to her bed, and even behind it. Dark was about to choke when he saw Risa looking behind the cushions. “I can't believe it. You even cleaned the dust from behind my bed! My servants hardly do that unless asked.” She ran over to Dark and threw her arms around him, “You are truly special.”
 
Dark stood there bamboozled. Who tossed the eaten apple out? No one was in here before… except Krad…. Did he do something? Did Krad actually help Dark out? No way. He couldn't have… right? “Dinner will be served to you in this room,” Risa suddenly said.
 
“What? Why?”
 
“Because I want to spend time with you, Dark. I want to us to have dinner here in my room.”
 
Dark bit his lower lip. Just because she was a princess didn't mean that every man she met would want her. Especially someone like Dark, who had his eyes set on a particular golden haired prince. “Are you sure we should be doing this?”
 
“My father wouldn't care. He does this with his servants all the time.”
 
Then this habit of having dinner with a servant in your own room was a trend? Did everyone of royal blood do this? Even Krad? “Does Krad have dinner with his servants?”
 
Risa raised a brow, then giggled. “Krad? My fiancé? He's more likely to feed you to the lions than have dinner with you. Anyways, tonight is a special night. It's my birthday.”
 
Dark was right about ready to up and run to Krad. He knew exactly what Risa's intentions were. Feed him then have her way with him.
 
Soon, the food was brought and set on the cherry wood table in the middle of the room. Dark ate his fill. He had been starving all day. That apple Krad brought was generous, but it didn't even fill 10 percent of hunger. “You sure are hungry. Don't eat too much or you'll throw up.”
 
Dark didn't listen. Seeing her naked would make him regurgitate even without any food in his stomach. So, he ate as greedily as he could. He was planning on stuffing himself then falling asleep afterwards. Or at least pretending to be asleep.
 
After the meal was taken away, Dark immediately got up and plopped himself on the couch. “I'm so tired,” he lied. He had all the energy to go out and hunt Krad down.
 
“That's too bad. I was hoping that you would have enough energy for just a little fun,” Risa said as she sat down next to Dark and placed her hand on his lap.
 
“Risa… eh…”
 
“What's the matter? Don't you want to play games with the princess?” Risa moved her hand up Dark's thighs, and once she grabbed a hold of him, he knew that it was play her way, or leave the castle. Reluctantly, Dark threw his head back and allowed Risa to do things her way.
 
A/N: I still need a beta.