D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ The Play ❯ Lust or Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“The Play”
 
A/N: Sorry for the long wait.
 
I'd like to express my thanks to my beta, Dee.
 
Chapter 6:  “Lust or Love”
 
As soon as rehearsals were over, Daisuke made finding Satoshi his first priority. He avoided the fan girls all together and ran into the dressing room, which was really just a little room next to the classroom. To his surprise, Krad still had possession over the body. “Krad?”
 
Krad looked over his shoulder and smirked. “My I presume that you were expecting Satoshi?”
 
Daisuke nodded bashfully.
 
“He's not available at the moment,” Krad waved his hand as he walked out of the room and disappeared into the halls.
 
“Huh? Hold on a moment!” But Krad wasn't there. He had vanished altogether. “Hiwatari...” crestfallen, Daisuke left as well.
 
While walking home, Daisuke tried to remain as silent as possible. He was still thinking about the other night; that fateful night when Satoshi held him possessively and caressed his lips with his own. There was just so much Satoshi poured into that one, long and intense kiss that Daisuke couldn't accept that it was just lust. There had to be more to it. Did Satoshi love Daisuke as much as he loved him? “Daisuke, I love you.” Daisuke dare to fantasize Satoshi whispering those words to him one day.
 
Later that night, Daisuke couldn't get any sleep whatsoever. He could still feel Satoshi's presence in essence. He could still feel Satoshi pinning him down, caressing his skin, kissing him longingly, and moving against him. Daisuke even managed to reminisce how Satoshi left him so unsatisfied and hard that Daisuke had to relieve himself after Satoshi was forced to leave. “I want to kiss him again, Dark…” Daisuke didn't mean to speak those words, but there was no use in hiding his feelings.
 
(I'm sure you do.)
 
Daisuke clenched the bed sheets in his hands. Why did his mom have to wash them? Well, they were covered in Krad's blood, but now that they were clean, he could no longer pick up Satoshi's scent. He knew he should have hid his sheets as soon as he finished alleviating himself. But he was so far gone afterwards that he just fell asleep. The next day when he came back to school, his bed was lying there naked and the washing machine was running. He was so upset that he just wanted to scream at his mom, but that wouldn't have gotten him anywhere. “The deal is still strong, right Dark?”
 
(Why wouldn't it be?)
 
“Ok then. Tomorrow I'll try again. I'll try and meet up with Satoshi. I'm sure he feels something for me.” Daisuke bit his fingernail anxiously. He was so sure that Satoshi had to feel something since he kissed him so passionately. However, the fear of rejection still plagued his mind. What if it was only lust that caused Satoshi to behave the way he did? Could such a thing be responsible for Satoshi's actions entirely? Lust was not something so trivial. People did astonishing things in the name of lust. So, there was always that possibility.
 
The night wasn't as smooth and peaceful as Daisuke hoped it would be once he finally settled down. His fantasies of Satoshi being in bed with him caused him to have erotic dreams of bondage, rape, and a sadistic side to Satoshi. To his surprise, however, Daisuke enjoyed his dreams wholeheartedly, and his evidence of that was spilled all over his sheets. Daisuke made sure to lock his room before he left. He didn't want his mom to randomly decide to wash his sheets again and discover that her boy was having those kinds of dreams already. As far as she knew, Daisuke hadn't even matured enough to like girls.
 
Daisuke left the house nearly an hour before he usually did. He wanted to be there bright and early to catch Satoshi, but when he finally got into the classroom, he realized that maybe he was a little too early. There wasn't a soul to be seen inside the room. Sighing, Daisuke took his seat and laid his head in his folded arms. “I knew I should have waited a little longer. I'm ridiculous. Obviously not even Satoshi would be here this early.”
 
“What was that?”
 
Daisuke looked up and saw Satoshi standing a few feet away from him.
 
“Hiwatari-san, when did you get here?!”
 
“Just right now,” Satoshi walked over to his desk and placed his bags down.
 
Daisuke took in a lung full of air. He was just about to address Satoshi about the other day, but then Satoshi's friend walked in. “Good morning, Satoshi.”
 
“Morning,” Satoshi responded while flipping through his notebook. “Did you prepare for the test?”
 
“I did in fact, but I didn't have to study much. I've been reviewing the notes gradually as they were given.”
 
“I didn't have that much time to,” Satoshi began to get a little frustrated as he quickly flipped a few more pages.
 
“Which reminds me, Satoshi, I called a few times last night and even left a message. Where were you that you couldn't respond?”
 
Satoshi looked up surprised, “I was extremely tired last night after memorizing a few more pages to the play.”
 
“You sure put a lot of effort into the play.”
 
“I almost have the whole thing memorized and we are barely halfway through rehearsing it. I just know I'll forget everything by the time the class catches up.”
 
Satoshi's friend just nodded and they continued with their conversation. Daisuke just watched and sighed the whole time. He was hoping to confront Satoshi first thing in the morning, but apparently it wasn't meant to be. “I'll just get him later… maybe at lunch.”
 
But things weren't meant to happen at lunch either. As soon as the bell rang, everyone ran out of the classroom and somewhere in that rushing current of students, Satoshi was swept away. Daisuke was the only one left besides Riku who was staring at her script. Daisuke was just going to walk pass her, but then she said, “Ack! I just can't get these lines right. I'm finally going to make an appearance and I keep messing up!” She began poking her temple with her pencil.
 
“Don't worry, Riku, you'll get it eventually.”
 
“Thanks, Daisuke.”
 
Daisuke then slipped out of the classroom and down the hall and stairs into the lunch area. Daisuke was ready to just skip out on lunch altogether when he saw the lunch line, but when his stomach suddenly growled, Daisuke knew he wasn't getting out of it. He went to the back of the line and waited anxiously for it to go by faster. Daisuke bought just a cup of instant noodles and after throwing some hot water in, he practically swallowed it down. “Now for Satoshi.”
 
For the remainder of lunch, Daisuke tried his best to find Satoshi, but when he finally did, he found Satoshi at possibly the most inopportune of times. He was sitting in the center of his group of friends away from everyone else. There were all studying together just like the prestigious students they were. Daisuke leaned against the tree and slumped down. It was almost like he wasn't meant to meet up with Satoshi today. (Just approach him and tell him that you need to speak with him.)
 
(“I feel nervous around his friends. They always give me the cold stare. If I was only smarter, then maybe…”)
 
(Maybe what? They'll allow you into their circle of nerd talk? Personally, I don't think you would be as fun as you are right now if you contributed all your time to just studying.)
 
Daisuke inhaled for a second and then exhaled. He was just about to approach the group but then the bell rang, signifying that lunch was over. Dropping his head in disappointment, Daisuke gradually made his way over to class.
 
As soon as all classes ended, the homeroom teacher began gathering up her students who were in the performance. “Unfortunately, we will not be rehearsing today. We need to get props finished and we need all the help we can get. We also need to be at least half way done with all the stage sets by today. I know we are running behind schedule, so if my actors and actresses really need to work on their lines, there are a few rooms in this hall available for usage.”
 
Daisuke just wanted to go home. Nothing today was going as planned and he was so sure it never would. Daisuke made his way down the hall towards the stairs. He didn't want to know about finding out what Satoshi really felt or rehearing lines with Dark. He was tired and had enough.
 
However, just as Daisuke reached the first stair, he heard someone calling his name, “Niwa-san, wait!”
 
Daisuke suddenly became anxious. Finally, maybe something was going right. “Hiwatari-san?”
 
“I just wanted to know if you wanted to rehearse your lines with me since we have quite a few together.”
 
“Sure.”
 
Without a second thought, Satoshi grabbed onto Daisuke's hand and led him back to the private computer lab where Satoshi had taken Daisuke once before. Daisuke blushed the entire way and since Satoshi was holding his hand, Daisuke was so sure that Satoshi felt something for him. Once they were concealed and alone in the lab, Satoshi pulled out his list of endless lines for the play and flipped to the appropriate page. “You go first,” said Satoshi.
 
Daisuke looked down at his lines and blushed… Dark was definitely going to enjoy the next scene. Satoshi knew just what Daisuke was staring at. The next scene in the play will be when the juicy stuff really happens. He wasn't sure if Krad was going to like acting this stuff out with Dark, but at least he was going to play his part. “Whenever you feel comfortable,” Said Satoshi after several minutes.
 
Daisuke nodded and began.
 
Several minutes into the play, and Daisuke was already beginning to feel warm. He looked around the room and wondered if the air conditioner had suddenly broken down. “It's warm in here,” Daisuke commented.
 
About thirty minutes later, Daisuke began to feel nervous about reading the lines. He suddenly felt tension and the air was getting thinner. (“It's all just in my head.”)
 
Satoshi looked up from the pamphlet and at Daisuke. He seemed really tense. “Are you Ok, Niwa-san?”
 
Daisuke shook his head and allowed the pamphlet to fall. Just being in the same room as Satoshi was difficult enough, but when Satoshi acted like nothing had happened between them, Daisuke felt like is was all meaningless, and he didn't want that to be the case. “Hiwatari-san… I meant every word…”
 
Satoshi's eyes widened. He wasn't sure however if Daisuke was referring to the lines in the play or to the other night. “Pardon?”
 
“I mean it when I said… I want to be your… submissive…” Daisuke looked up at Satoshi with pleading eyes.
 
“Niwa-san…” Satoshi backed away. He knew that he couldn't have Daisuke. Krad wouldn't allow it. The curse just simply wasn't lift unless it was a girl that Satoshi had fallen in love with. Since Daisuke was a boy, Krad could still take over whenever Satoshi's feelings became intense. “I'm…. sorry,” the words stabbed at his own heart, but he couldn't image what Daisuke might have been feeling.
 
Daisuke stared at the ground, feeling somnolent. He reached up with his own hand and held it against his forehead. “Why do these things always happen to me?”
 
“Niwa-san…”
 
Daisuke wanted to run out of the room, but he didn't want to admit that he had just been rejected. He knew there was just no way that Satoshi could have just thrown him aside… not after displaying such passionate emotions just a few nights ago. Daisuke boldly pushed himself to walk towards Satoshi, who found himself backing away. It wouldn't take much effort to stimulate those feelings in Satoshi, and Satoshi knew fully well that Krad wasn't going to let Daisuke have his way.
 
Daisuke had cornered Satoshi and gently placed his hands on Satoshi's shoulders, “If you don't want me, push me away,” Daisuke whispered.
 
Feeling no response from Satoshi, Daisuke moved in closer and kissed Satoshi's cheek. Satoshi tensed up and could already feel Krad stirring from his sleep. “Niwa-san, I can't… Krad… he's….”
 
“Stop,” Daisuke whimpered, “Just stop. I want you… and I know you want me too.”
 
Satoshi gasped. He couldn't believe the audacity that the little redhead was displaying, and neither could Daisuke. Daisuke had never felt so embarrassed yet determined in his entire life. The tension was nerve wrecking, and when Satoshi did not respond to Daisuke, the little red head felt like he had done something entirely wrong. Maybe he did just mistake Satoshi's actions for lust. Maybe there really wasn't anything on Satoshi's part. Daisuke was regretting every little word he had just spoken. Taking a step back, Daisuke withdrew his hands and said, “I'm sorry… Hiwatari-san.”
 
 A moment later, and one tear had trickled its way down Daisuke's cheek. (“Oh no… no. Now Satoshi's going to see me crying,”) Daisuke used his sleeve to wipe away his trickled tear and watery eyes, (“He must think I'm such a loser. I can't even properly open my heart to him without being hurt and crying in the end.”) Daisuke slowly took a few more steps back. (“I'm such an idiot. I'm not the boy that gets his way every time. I'm the one that gets rejected and seeks help from a friend.”) Daisuke turned around and wiped away his tears. (“Just when I was so close too…I knew I should have kept my mouth shut! I'm so stupid!”)
 
Against his better judgment, Satoshi decided that it was better to take his chances with Krad than to watch as Daisuke's heart crumbled. (“If I'm going to do this, it better be quick.”) Satoshi reached out and pulled Daisuke's torso against his chest, “Sorry, … Daisuke…”
 
Daisuke blushed as his beloved's voice whispered his unspoken name. Did this mean that Satoshi did feel something for him? Or was this simple action of affection completely out of pity? If so, Daisuke didn't want any of it. “Stop it!” Daisuke turned around and pushed Satoshi away. “I thought you rejected me… You don't reject people and a second later try to hold them. Do you have any idea how much that hurts?”
 
“Daisuke… It's Krad. He won't allow me to be with you,” Satoshi tried to explain eagerly.
 
“Then what about that other night? Was he just asleep the entire time? He couldn't have been… Our angels feel our emotions just as fervently as we do,” Daisuke couldn't restrain his tears any longer. He fell to his knees and desperately tried to wipe away every tear that fled his eyes.
 
“You wouldn't understand…” Satoshi couldn't inform Daisuke about his deal with the angel. Krad did his part in holding back, now Satoshi had to do his. “You have no idea how difficult it is for me to hold Krad back,” Satoshi felt his back and evoked memories of how he had tried to restrain Krad, how the fallen angel's wing stabbed their way through his skin like knives, how his back bled when the angel retreated back into his thoughts, and how painful it was to tend to his wounds. These consistent actions drained Satoshi of his energy. Daisuke never had to go through any of that, because of that ring… Daisuke's father endured all the pain when Daisuke and Dark switched. Daisuke even had it easier since the wings were not essentially part of the body. They were attachments that could be removed and fitted back on whenever the angel needed it. “It's so painful when Krad tries to break free, Daisuke. It drains all my energy just trying to repress him back into my thoughts. I can't continue to do that unless needed.”
 
“But you let him out for the rehearsals everyday. Shouldn't he be returning the favor by allowing you to be alone?” Daisuke gasped when Satoshi looked at him like he was caught in the act. “Wait… that other night… was that Krad's repayment to you?”
 
Satoshi lower his head and said nothing.
 
“Hiwatari-san…”
 
Satoshi kneeled before Daisuke and said, “Kiss me now if you want me, Daisuke. I only have one moment,” Satoshi kissed Daisuke's temples. “It can't be anything long.”
 
“But Krad will… he'll try and hurt you again, Satoshi!”
 
That's all Satoshi needed to hear before he inched his way in closer to Daisuke; stopping every few seconds to check on Krad, until their lips met for a brief second. (Satoshi!) Another kiss followed; this time more intimate and needy than the first. Satoshi held Daisuke's chin in place while he slipped his tongue into Daisuke's mouth and sought out his partner. They stroked each other lovingly while Daisuke's moans and gasps slowly became Satoshi's name. (Fine, two can play this game.) A second later, and Satoshi was being pushed back. He opened his eyes and pulled away from Daisuke reluctantly. “Krad, stop it!”
 
It was too late. Now Krad was the one kneeling before Daisuke. His golden eyes piercing into Daisuke's ruby colored eyes. “Now while we are alone, let me tell you something so it's clear. Satoshi had one chance. Only one to feel your tender love. I'm not so generous that I would allow my vessel multiple opportunities as your angel does.”
 
Krad stood up and walked away from Daisuke. He was about to exit through the window, but then he turned around for a few last words, “If it wasn't for this play, I would have taken this time as most opportune to kill you,” Krad arched his back as his wings ripped through and spilled blood all over the computers. “I'm not cleaning that mess,” Krad chuckled as he flew out through the window.
 
“Why doesn't it hurt him?” Daisuke asked Dark.
 
(Unlike you, Daisuke, Satoshi endures all the physical pain. It's not until Satoshi is wiped out that Krad begins to exhaust himself. )
 
“I'm so sorry, Satoshi.”
 
 
A/N: Please review and I'll have the next chapter out sooner than this one.