Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Realization ❯ Realization: Light ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

While Ryuzaki had been thinking, Light had been watching his face. He watched the way his eyes twitched, the way he sucked on his thumbnail, the way he held his knees protectively to his chest as he thought. Light had been intrigued by the way Ryuzaki acted from the very beginning. He was such an interesting individual in every aspect of his life. His eating habits were rather unusual, seeming to only consume foods containing high amounts of sugar. His sleeping habits, or lack thereof, were also unusual, because he appeared to never sleep, though this is most likely due to his high intake of sugar. As they were contemplating each other, Light woke first from his thoughts and noticed that they had both been staring into each other's eyes as they were thinking. Light coughed nervously to bring Ryuzaki back to earth and succeeded. Ryuzaki woke to a very faintly blushing Light gazing back into his eyes. Ryuzaki then brought his hand up to Light's face, as if examining a piece of art. He thought out loud to himself.
 
“Are you just a good friend, or more?”
 
Light looked at Ryuzaki with wide eyes. Ryuzaki noticed that a glint of hope shone in them. Light replied to his thoughts.
 
“We'll just have to find that out.”
 
And he leaned in for another kiss. Ryuzaki responded by also leaning forward to meet Light's lips in a soft but passionate kiss. When they broke from the kiss, they couldn't believe the intensity of their kiss. There was only one thing crossing their minds now.
 
I cannot believe this is happening.
 
For about ten minutes after their third kiss, they could only sit there on that couch, going over the events of this night in their minds. Light glanced over at the nearest clock to check the time and saw that it was 2 AM. Not good. They'd all be needing to get up around 5:30 to being work on the Kira case. And having both Ryuzaki and Light extremely tired in the morning might rouse up some suspicions, especially from Misa.
 
“Ryuzaki, I think we should get to bed soon since we have to be up so early in the morning.”
 
Ryuzaki looked over at the clock.
 
“Yes, I suppose you're right.”
 
With that, he got up, still attached to Light by the chain so Light had to follow, and went to their room, which contained two twin beds moved close enough that the chain could reach but they weren't touching. When they were both in the room and ready to go to bed, Light looked at their beds then at Ryuzaki questioningly.
 
“Can we?”
 
“I don't see why not.”
 
So, without speaking, they silently moved their beds together and went to sleep, both with a slight smile on his face.
 
 
~~~ 1 WEEK LATER ~~~
 
 
“Ah….so anyone who touches this notebook can see the monster…”
 
Ryuzaki sat in the helicopter holding a notebook that could supposedly kill whosever name was written in it.
 
“Really? I want to see it!”
 
Light reached over Ryuzaki's shoulder and grabbed the notebook. As soon as he touched it, all his memories of being Kira returned to him. The very first thing to cross his mind after getting these memories back was…
 
What have I done?!?!?!
 
 
THE END!
 
 
 
Hoped you liked it! Please review!!!