Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ The Proposal. ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Kari was no longer the young child of light she once was, she was almost a full-grown woman, she was 22, she was in college and…she had a boyfriend.
 
No, it wasn't TK, all though she did date him back in high school, and everyone thought it would go far, it just didn't work out.
 
So Kari decided to try a relationship with Davis, the boy who had a crush on her for who knows how long?!
 
A couple of years before college, Davis had opened his first ever Noodle-cart, selling the finest Japanese noodles in all Japan.
 
So delicious, and so tasty, in about year, Davis had become the owner of a worldwide chain of Noodle carts, and restaurants.
 
So successful, that the money only just seemed to be coming in more and more by the Mila-second.
 
Davis wasted no time in sending himself and Kari to the richest college in the world; they even shared a private dorm together, not to mention he paid for her education to be a teacher.
 
They even slept in the same bed together, but even though it was tempting, they decided not get all pushy-pushy.
 
They were both loyal to their virginities.
 
Still, with So much money, and so many possibilities, but Davis seemed to only be using the money to spoil his girlfriend.
 
Hr bought her really expensive gifts. Such as expensive Jewelry, “All the things a girl could want.” said Kari. “Davis, you spoil me.”
 
Davis, who was 23, just snickered. “I know I do.” He said looking into her eyes. “My job is to get you what you want.”
“If you want to become a preschool teacher, I will make it so that you will.” He went on. “You want me to save the world; I'll save it all right.”
 
Kari hushed Davis with a kiss, and when they separated, “and I'm glad for it too” she said.
 
She kissed him again, but this time they didn't seem to want to separate.
 
Still when they did, she Davis and got ready for bed. For graduation was tomorrow, which meant Davis and Kari would be going home to Japan very soon.
 
* * *
 
The graduation ceremony was a blast, and Kari was now qualified to be one of the best preschool teachers in the world.
 
She owed it all to Davis for paying for her college education. To celebrate, Davis took Kari out for a night the town in New-York.
 
They went to see a romantic play, followed by a romantic dinner for two and dancing, took a stroll through park, and finally, they rode to the top of the tallest building in town.
 
The view was just breathtaking.
 
The soft roaming hills, and buildings as far as the eye could see, the stars were shining like crystals in the night sky, and the moon was full and bright.
 
“Oh Davis!” said Kari resting her head on Davis' shoulder. “It's been such a beautiful night; I don't think things can get any better than this!”
 
Davis just held her hands together, and looked right into her eyes, “I don't think so Kari” he snickered.
 
“I've got something here that can not only make this evening better, but if it works, you and I will be the happiest people in the world!”
Kari looked confused, “What is it Davis?” she asked shyly, and to her surprise, Davis had got down on one knee, pulled out a ring box form his tuxedo, and held it out to a rather surprised Kari.
 
“Hikari Yagami Kamiya!” he spoke, “I love you more than anything…in this Universe.”
 
Then he opened the little box, revealing a solid gold ring, with a large diamond on top.
 
“Kari… My one and only true love…”
 
“Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife? Please say yes, for you'll make me another one of the happiest men in the world.
 
Tears were streaming down Kari's face, her heart beat like crazy. “Oh…Davis!” she sobbed, while taking the ring box from his hands.
 
“Of course, I'll marry you!”
 
Davis had tears in his eyes as well now. He stood up, and held her hands together. “Thank you!” he cried, “You've made me so happy!”
 
Davis took the ring from the box, and gently slid it onto Kari's finger.
 
Would you believe it, perfect fit? The moonlight made the diamond on the ring shine wildly
 
Kari threw her arms around Davis neck, and kissed him hard. Davis wrapped his arms around Kari's back, gently stroking her chestnut-brown hair, which she allowed to grow longer.
 
For more than two minutes they stood there savoring the taste of each other's lips. Until they finally separated for a much needed breath of air.
 
“Oh Davis, this is most romantic night of my life!” cried Kari, “And mine too!” replied Davis,
 
“Once we get back home and settle in; it's going to be you and me together forever.”
 
“Oh Davis” cried Kari, “Yeas, I'm listening.” Davis answered. “Please kiss me again?” Davis laughed a little, then he took Kari in his arms a placed his lips on hers.
 
* * *
 
The next day, Kari and Davis had packed up all their things, and bid farewell to all their college buddies.
 
Then it was off to the airport where Davis' private jet was waiting to take the couple home to Obadiah Japan. They were going home after 3 whole years of college in America.
 
Davis' jet was amazing. There was a large plasma TV on the wall, with 2 armchairs and a large sofa on the opposite side of the room.
 
There was a pair of twin refrigerators, one for drinks and one for food. There was a table near one of the many windows, which cold fold into a guest bed.
 
But Kari and Davis were in the master bedroom, located at the back of the plane. Kari and Davis were already in their pajamas and ready for bed.
 
Since the plane was one of the most expensive ones in the world, it took quite some time to get it ready for take off.
 
The plane left America at 8:00pm, and was scheduled to land in Obadiah some time before breakfast tomorrow.
 
Before going to bed Davis had called His older sister Jun, and Kari's older brother Tai telling them to meet at the airport tomorrow at 8:00am sharp.
 
Tai and Jun were never happier to hear their younger siblings were coming home at last. True they did write and call every now and then, but it just wasn't the same.
Davis and Kari missed their older siblings. Especially knowing, Tai and Jun got married just a little while ago.
 
* * *
 
It was quite an unexpected thing to happen, but they did tell Kari and Davis how it happened with their letters and e-mails.
 
The only thing that prevented Kari and Davis from going to the wedding, were exams.
 
Tai and Jun knew it was for the best and at least Davis sent them some money to start out their new lives.
 
Tai, who was 26, was studying to become a diplomat.
 
He already qualified to do some quality work around Japan, but needed more experience before he could start to tackle the whole world.
 
Jun, who was also 26, had better luck than Tai.
 
Ever since she dropped her ditzy girl routines, she went to medical college and studied to become a Doctor.
 
The thing was, when graduation came, people realized that she was Jun Motomiya.
 
The older sister of Multi-Billionaire, Noodle-king, not to mention the most powerful Digi destined in the world; Daisuke Motomyia.
 
The people of the college school board were so honored, that they already gave Jun a Doctor's rate, even though she was supposed to start out as a nurse.
 
All ready Jun had a work-place at a Clinic in town; she was doing so well fitting in, and at helping out her patients, that she was being elected to become the new boss.
 
Tai was ever so jealous of his wife. “I wish I had a rich sibling!” he teased.
 
* * *
 
“I can't wait to see them tomorrow!” said Kari, “Yeah” replied Davis, “And do we have news for them!” he said while pointing at Kari's ring.
 
“Now let's get to sleep. We don't want to meet up with our siblings all baggy eyed now do we?” he asked. Kari shook her head playfully.
 
They came together for soft kiss before snuggling together in each others arms under the covers.
 
“Good night Davis.”
 
“Sleep tight Kari.”
 
Kari and Davis were gently rocked to sleep by the sounds of the plane soaring through the night.