Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ Spilled Beans for Breakfast ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
The next morning, Kari and Davis had already washed up and dressed themselves. Only 20 minutes to go before touchdown.
 
Just then, the pilots' voice was heard over the intercom. “Good morning!” said the young lady.
 
“This is your pilot speaking. We hope you had a pleasant trip, in a few moments we shall begin our descent at Obadiah airport!”
 
“So please fasten you seat-belts, and No Smoking, Thank you!”
 
Kari and Davis were so excited, that they looked outside the window. Japan never could have looked so pretty from way up in the sky.
 
“We're almost home Kari.” said Davis. His fiancé looked deep into his eyes. “Home-sweet home.” She said resting her head on his chest.
 
They shared a passionate kiss, but only to be interrupted by the movement of the plane landing at the airport.
 
“Touchdown completed!” said the pilot's voice. “Welcome to Obadiah Japan, travelers.”
 
We hope you enjoyed our services, and we hope to see you again soon!”
 
As soon as the ramp was lowered Kari had already leapt outside into the fresh sweet air of the morning. After he paid the pilot for her job well done, Davis joined Kari.
 
“Hey I saw you in there.” She teased, “Saw what?” asked Davis. “Come on Davis, you were giving the pilot that “pretty boy” look.”
 
Davis laughed, “And what's wrong with tipping my workers?” he teased back.
 
“They don't do this with you.” said Kari, placing her lips over his.
When they separated, Davis said, “Well, maybe I should start tipping you then for each time.” Kari playfully slapped his arm.
 
* * *
 
Soon after-words, they had gathered their luggage from the baggage roundabout, and headed for the main lobby.
 
Once there, they immediately recognized their older siblings coming towards them with their arms stretched out.
 
“DAVIS, KARI!!”
 
“TAI, JUN!!”
 
The pair of couples shared a warm series of welcome-home hugs, and then switched to their in-laws. Davis and Tai even did an up-high down-low boy routine.
 
“So, how was America?” asked Tai, Davis held out a picture book filled with photos. “You tell me!” he teased.
 
“Well come on now!” said Jun, “We've already made reservations at your favorite” Kari and Davis looked up.
 
“You mean!!” they cried, “Yep” said Tai, “Breakfast at the Morning-time-lodge.” Kari and Davis hugged their siblings again.
 
“Okay now,” said Jun, “The sooner we get going, the faster you two can get home.”
 
Davis and Kari exchanged looks with up-raised eyebrows. Were Jun and Tai hiding something?
 
The thought still pondered through their head's as all four of them walked out of the airport, and got into Tai's car.
 
* * *
 
Morning-Time-Lodge had been Kari and Davis' favorite place to eat breakfast since they were little.
 
For it was always an All-You- Can -Eat serving.
 
There were all kinds of foods to pick from. Bacon, sausages, Eggs; cooked in many ways. There were Waffles, Pancakes, Toast, and many more.
 
Kari and Jun were chatting while the boys were off getting second helpings.
 
“I can't believe you actually did that.” giggled Kari, “You better believe it.” said Jun.
 
Jun had been talking with Kari about how she had almost blackmailed Tai into sleeping with her.
 
“Of course he knew I was only joking about t he blackmail,” said Jun, “But he looked as though as if I was serious.”
 
“And he actually went for it?” asked Kari. “He sure did,” giggled Jun, “Hook line, and sinker!” she laughed.
 
“What are they laughing about?” asked Davis, sitting down at the table, with a plate filled with scrambled eggs.
 
“Oh…Uh… Nothing really.” said Tai feeling a bit embarrassed.
 
“Davis?” asked Kari, “Did you know your sister nearly blackmailed Tai to sleeping with her!”
 
“I sure did.” said Davis. Kari's jaw dropped, and Tai cheeks went red.
 
“You may not know this,” said Davis. “…but Jun here, likes to say quiet things loud, and loud things quiet! I always knew she'd try a stunt like that!”
 
“Davis what are you talking about?” asked Jun, “I wouldn't do that!”, but Davis just protested.
“You told Matt, that you wouldn't tell his big secret unless he dated you…Now need I say more?”
 
Jun glared at her husband, “I hate him when he's right.” She joked, “Better luck next time dear.” said Tai.
 
Davis turned to face Kari, “We'll have to try that out after we get married…”
 
“OOPS!!” He yelped.
 
Kari sweat dropped. Davis didn't just think that, he spoke the magic words, clear as crystal.
 
Tai choked on his bacon, and Jun spit out her Orange-juice all over her plate of fresh food, they obviously heard him.
 
“Uh… Would you two kindly explain what you meant by that?” asked Tai.
 
“Yeah, we thought you just said something about… getting married?” added Jun
 
Knowing they were licked, Kari and Davis decided it was time to spill the beans.
 
“No, You heard right!” said Davis grinning, Kari began to blush. “Sis?” asked Tai “Are you pulling my leg?” Kari giggled.
 
“Nope, he's telling the truth Tai.” She said. “We were hoping to tell this to everyone in due time, but I think you two should be first to know.”
 
Davis told them about the Romantic night he took Kari on in New-York, how his pledged hi feelings for her,
 
“And then…” he said Holding up Kari's hand.
 
Tai and Jun stared in wow at the ring on Kari's finger. “You mean…” asked Tai, “You are…” asked Jun.
Davis and Kari nodded. “HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER!!” they said together.
 
Tai and Jun felt tears of happiness streaking down their cheeks. “You're getting married!” cried Tai, “It's like a dream!” added Jun.
 
Davis and Kari shared a giggle. “No it's not a dream, It's really happening.” said Davis.
 
“The Kamiya siblings and Motomiya siblings are going to become 100% linked!” added Kari.
 
Then she and Davis shared a passionate kiss. Only to break away, and find Tai and Jun had left them.
 
“How rude!” said Kari, “And Jun said my table manners used to be distasteful!” added Davis.
 
After Davis had paid the bill, he and Kari walked out of the restaurant, and found Tai's car was gone. Luckily Davis had one of his limousines follow from the airport.
 
“What has come over those two?” Kari asked, “I've never seen them act like this before.”
 
“Me neither!” replied Davis, “But we'll deal with them later, right now let's go back to your place first, and I'll help you unpack.”
 
Kari felt her anger in her brother disappearing as she lent over, and kissed Davis softly.”
 
* * *
 
Davis and Kari hadn't been to their apartments in ever since they were accepted into college.
 
They lived in the same building, and on the same floor, only a few doors separating their apartments was quite convenient for them
 
And to think, that soon they would be living in the same place together.
 
Sharing a home, a life, and even sharing a bed together. They wanted to be married as soon as possible.