Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ Party, and Positions. ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Davis helped Kari all morning long. It would have gone more swiftly if they didn't stop and stroll down memory lane on everything they unloaded.
 
Kari even helped Davis out with his unpacking before lunch time, nearly repeating the memory lane process as before.
 
They decided for once to eat fast-food, instead of gourmet dinning like they did each night in college.
 
What they didn't notice was, while they were eating, a pair of sneaky little hands popped up from behind, and carefully took the keys to their apartments.
 
Davis and Kari were much too busy enjoying each other's company to pay any attention.
 
* * *
Kari decided they just couldn't go home yet. The day was young, and Davis had loads of cash to spare.
 
“Do you think we can squeeze in a little shopping?” she asked shyly, Davis just smiled. “For you Kari, I have all the time in the world.”
 
Kari pecked him on the cheek, and off they went.
 
* * *
 
That evening before dinner, Kari and Davis decided to head home, Kari had really bought a lot with Davis' money.
 
Three pairs of shoes, four new dresses, she even bought no less than seven pieces of jewelry.
 
Kari thought she was being a little abusive towards Davis' money, but Davis said he loved it when she did this.
 
For it meant that they could spend more time together, and he was willing to even but the store for her, jokingly speaking.
 
* * *
 
When Kari and Davis got to Kari's apartment, they found that her keys were missing.
 
They searched through every nook and cranny on them, even through Kari's new things, but the keys were not there.
 
Davis decided to let Kari crash in his place for the night, but he found that his keys were also missing.
 
They were about to panic, when they each noticed a note on their doors, saying the same thing.
 
GO TO YOUR SIBLINGS HOUSE!!!
 
“Something fishy is going on here.” Said Davis, “Very fishy indeed.” added Kari.
 
Nonetheless, Davis called for his limo, and told the driver to take them to Tai and Jun.
 
They had bought a little house Davis' men had built for them in the meadows, away from all the city noises.
 
The best thing of all was, because Davis was the land-lord, he made it so Tai and Jun didn't have to pay him a cent.
 
Now that was kinder than kind.
 
* * *
 
Upon arriving at the house, they noticed the front door was wide open. The inside of the house was so dark; you couldn't see your hand before your face.
 
Kari began to feel a little sacred. “Hello!” Davis called out, “Where is everyone?”
 
All of a sudden… the lights went on, and all of their friends jumped out.
 
“SURPRISE!!!” they all yelled out at once. Kari and Davis nearly fainted back.
 
Tai and Jun organized a party for them. There were all kinds of food on the tables.
 
All the Digi destined, and their Digimon were there, and above the table was a banner which read.
 
“CONGRATULATIONS DAVIS AND KARI”
 
Ken and Yolei were the first ones to approach the couple. Davis and Kari couldn't be happier to see them.
 
“Ken.” Said Davis,
 
Ken held open his arms, “Come here pal!” Davis came into a bear hug with his best friend.
 
Kari did the same with Yolei, and she and Davis noticed her stomach was a little larger.
 
“Ken?” said Davis, “You didn't!”
 
Ken blushed, “Only a few months to go” he said.
 
“Yolei, I'm so happy for you.” said Kari. Yolei nodded “Not as, I am for you Kari.” she said. “Congrats to you too, Davis.” She replied.
 
* * *
 
The party seemed to carry on and on, right through the night. Tai and Jun even told Davis and Kari, that is was Veemon, and Gatomon who took their Keys, but gave them back.
 
Davis and Kari chatted with their friends about their college days in America.
 
Mimi began to feel quite jealous; her husband Michael did have a job as a set-decorator, but it wasn't as paying as Davis Noodle business.
 
“Well some of us have it, and some of us don't.” said Michael, “You sure are the lucky one Davis.”
 
“Luck had nothing to do with this my friend.” said Davis, “It was good management, and very hard work.”
 
“However,” he said looking at Kari, “Earning her heart, now that, took more than just hard work.”
 
This wooed the crowd. They all eyed Davis and Kari, slapped their hands, and tapped their feet in a cheer.
 
“Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss!!!!” they all begged. Davis and Kari couldn't fight it, so they brought their lips together; the crowd went wild.
 
* * *
 
Later on that night, the Party was dying down a bit, Yolei and Ken had to head home.
 
Yolei needed her rest to keep her baby healthy, and Ken had some detective work to look after.
 
They hugged Kari and Davis one last time, and left. They were so happy.
 
For Kari gave Yolei the place as her maid of honor at the Wedding, and Ken was Davis the Best man.
 
Everyone had their own position and special job to do for the wedding which hadn't even been dated yet.
 
Tai was going to escort Kari down the isle, and give away the bride, and Jun was the one of the Bride's-mates.
 
Veemon was to be the Ring-bearer, and Gatomon was to be the flower-girl. So they would need training.
 
Sora, who was a fashion designer and sewer, was in charge of making the dresses for the ceremony, including Kari's Dream-gown.
 
Her husband Matt and his brother TK were the ushers. It was their job to escort the guest to their seats.
 
Mimi, being a great cook, was in charge of catering for the reception, as well as the Wedding-cake itself.
 
Michael was in charge of the decorating. Davis and Kari, decided to have an out-door wedding instead of booking a church.
 
Izzy was in charge of coordinating the weather conditions. A nice warm clear day was what everyone was hoping for.
 
Cody and Joe wanted to be the DJ's for the music at the reception, Davis and Kari couldn't say no.
 
All that was needed now was the date. Davis and Kari decided to wait until after Yolei gave birth to her baby.
 
This way they could plan everything earlier to work out all the bugs and stuff that went wrong.
 
It was autumn time now Davis and Kari decided some time in spring would be a great day, and so it was settled.
 
The Wedding was scheduled for mid April; Izzy had already coordinated that the 15th would be the best spring day of the year.
 
* * *
 
On the way home, Kari and Davis walked arm in arm past a shop that sold music boxes.
 
Kari suddenly stopped when she heard beautiful music coming from a small music box near the front of the window.
 
“Kari, you okay?” asked Davis. “I'm alright.” She said in a happy daze, “That music is so soothing.”
 
Davis noticed what she was talking about, “Hmm… that gives me an idea.” He said to himself.
 
As soon as Kari snapped out of her trance, she and Davis walked the rest of the way home in the moonlit night.
 
When Davis got home, he made sure no one was looking. Then he whipped out his cell phone and called that very store he and passed.
 
What could he be up to?