Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ The Last Date ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
About seven months later; three months after Yolei gave birth to her Four-month old son.
 
Winter had passed, the snow had completely melted, flowers bloomed, and the weather was warming up.
 
Spring had finally arrived. It seemed like only yesterday when everyone learned of Kari and Davis' engagement.
 
Now all the preparations for the wedding, which only a week away, were nearing completion.
 
Davis and Kari had sent invitations to other family members as well as their friends from college.
 
Davis even invited some of his Noodle-cart employees.
 
Tai and Jun agreed to have their yard as a place for the ceremony, and hoped they had rented enough seats for everyone.
 
Veemon had finally managed to keep the rings on the pillow without letting it slip off and roll away as he walked forward.
 
Gatomon learned to control her strength so she wouldn't throw the flowers too hard at the floor creating pot-holes.
 
Mimi had nearly finished her catering, all she had to do now, was the cake, and that was not going to be easy.
 
Luckily, Michael had finished ordering flowers and stuff and mastering his designer plans, so he offered to help her out.
 
Sora finally had all the dresses made for everyone of the Bride's-mates, and for herself.
 
Plus, Kari's wedding gown was almost finished. She was following the traditional bridal-design.
-Something New
-Something Old
-Something Borrowed
-And Something Blue
 
Davis did wish he could help her out, but the sacred marriage tradition clearly states that…
 
“The Groom cannot see the Bride in her gown before the ceremony.”
 
“Break that rule, even by a millimeter, and it promises bad luck throughout the entire relation.”
 
Davis and Kari were determined not to let that happen, and so far seemed to be good at those issues.
 
They never argued over anything, Davis was more than willing to let his own life go to help Kari.
 
Anything Kari liked, Davis learned to enjoy, and vice-versa, although Davis would rather do Kari's things only.
 
Davis didn't even mind if there was things to be done, like vacuuming, dusting, and all that stuff.
 
He said that he didn't want Kari to feel neglected. He promised that she could either do some of the work or none of it at all.
 
Davis and Kari were like the PERFECT-COUPLE, Nobody could find another pair like them not for a million years.
 
* * *
 
That night, Davis and Kari were spending a romantic evening on the beach together.
 
A sushi-picnic dinner, romantic music on CD for dancing and best of all, Davis got to see Kari in her swim-suit.
 
Kari even noticed on the way over, that construction had been taking place in a secluded area about 50 yards away.
 
It seemed that they were building a place for probably a new yacht-club she read of in the paper.
 
* * *
 
Kari and Davis rolled around in the sand savoring the taste of each others lips, as the cool waves of the tide splashed against them.
 
“I Love you Kari.”
 
“I Love you too Davis.”
 
“Just one week to go now.”
 
“I can't wait.”
 
They resumed their positions and rolled about in the small tide.
 
* * *
 
Kari had to leave early because she had one last fitting for her gown to go through.
 
“I can't wait to see you in It.” said Davis, “I'll bet you look as pretty as you do now.”
 
Kari pecked his cheek, and took one last look at the beach. “I wish we never had to leave here, it's so beautiful.” She said.
 
Davis kissed her slightly wet hair and said, “I promise you, we will come back here soon.”
 
Kari smiled, and kissed him one last time before Davis' limo drove her away, he couldn't go with her because of tradition.
 
But he did call for one of his other limos to come get him. He waited until Kari was out of sight.
Then he looked over toward the construction zone, “Yes we will come back here Kari.” he said under his breath.
 
“But, it'll be for more than you expected.”
 
Davis whipped out his cell phone and called tow important people; His surprises were almost ready.
 
What were they going to be?
 
* * *
 
A few days later, everything was finally complete, the catering, the clothing, the decorations.
 
All ready for the day after tomorrow.
 
This was going to be one of the most beautiful weddings anyone had ever seen.
 
Davis and Kari had one final date together as single people. For the minute the say good night to each other…came the hard part of the whole thing.
 
“The Bride and Groom are not permitted to even see each other until the ceremony!”
 
That meant Davis and Kari wouldn't be able to see each other for about 36 hours… That's One and a half Days.
 
Still, Davis had his Bachelor party to look forward to, and he promised Kari not to dance with any stripers or drink too much.
 
As if that was any easier, Davis didn't even like the smell of alcohol, much less drinking it.
 
Davis never drank nor smoked.
 
Kari was looking forward to her girl's-night out too, she promised she wouldn't drink so much or dance with naked men either.
That too was easy, because she didn't like naked men who weren't like Davis.
 
Davis knew how to be soft, and gentle. So tender, and loving too.
 
Kari couldn't wait drop her virginity, and take Davis on, but didn't tell him that.
 
Davis walked Kari back to her apartment, and looked at her ever so deeply in the eyes.
 
“Well Kari, this is it.” He said softly, “Now I must leave you, until our ceremony.”
 
“I wish you didn't have to Davis.” Kari cried, “I don't think I can stand to wait 36 hours for you.”
 
“I know we can do this Kari.” said Davis, “Just know, that I love you, and even if were apart, I'll always be with you.”
 
“I understand.” whispered Kari, as they came together for one final kiss, the deepest and purest of them all.
 
When they separated, Davis let go of her. “I should probably go now before I decided to ruin the tradition and stay with you.” He said.
 
“Farewell… my Angel of Light.”
 
He blew her one last kiss, and he was gone. Tai and Jun had allowed Davis and his party to crash at their place.
 
This was convenient so Davis and Kari could keep a safe distance away from each other.
 
Kari closed her eyes and looked deeply inside of herself. “Farewell, my Knight-of Courage.” She said to herself.
 
“You have done many remarkable deeds.”
 
Then she went inside, and got ready for bed.