Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ Night before the Wedding ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
This was the last day, the very last day for Davis and Kari as single people before tomorrow.
 
For now, Davis was on one side of town with his bachelor party, and Kari was on the other side of town with her bridal shower.
 
They were very careful to resist the urge to go near each other over breaking the sacred tradition.
 
So desperate, that Izzy knew what to do. He did the same thing for Tai and Jun when they got married.
 
He gave them each a tracking-device.
 
Izzy had re-programmed Kari and Davis' cell-phones, so not only could they take and place calls, they'd know where each other were.
 
The blue flashing dot was Davis' current position, and Kari's was the pink dot, showing that were a safe 25 miles away from each other.
 
This way, nobody had to worry of the Bride and Groom accidentally meeting up during the remaining 24 hours.
 
* * *
 
Thanks to the money Davis sent for her, Kari and her Bridal Shower had been doing quite a lot that day.
 
They went swimming, Horse-back riding, (What is it with Chicks and Horses anyway?)
 
They even played tennis a bit. Sora still had that good tennis swing from way back.
 
* * *
 
Davis and his bachelor party were living like it was on sale for $19.95 plus tax.
 
They did go swimming too, but they also went flying on gliders, (What is it with us Guys and Wings too?)
 
One of the best things they did, was try out a virtual-video game, where your mind is digitized and you BECOME part of the game.
 
…and they won like it was a baby's toy.
 
* * *
 
It was almost midnight, almost time to call it a night. Then, in less than 12 hours would the big day arrive.
 
Kari was getting a little shaky, “I can't believe it.” She stuttered, “Not much longer to go before I'm Mrs. Daisuke Mototmiya.”
 
“Easy Kari, I know how you feel.” Said Yolei, “If there's one thing Ken and I know about marriage…”
 
“Is… Good things take time, but great things, they happen all at once.”
 
Yolei wasn't the only one who knew of what marriage was capable of. All the other girls had their own experience as well.
 
Only Yolei was the only one of them who knew about what every woman wanted… a baby.
 
With Hawkmon, and Wormon home babysitting, Gatomon knew what was in store for her and Veemon in the future.
 
“Thank you all.” Said Kari, “You're the best friends a girl cold ever have.”
 
The all raised their champagne glasses, and cheered.
 
* * *
Davis' part had been taken to a tavern located in the center of town. Davis also was feeling a little nervous.
 
“I'm almost scared to hit the hay tonight.” He said, “Because what if I wake up in the morning and find that this is all a dream.
 
TK put a comforting arm around his shoulder, “No Davis, it isn't a dream, this is really happening.” He said.
 
“Davis, look at me, and pay attention this is very important.”
 
“I may not be married yet, but I did date Kari for a time, and even though we broke up, my feelings for her are still there.”
 
“Now that I've seen how happy you've made her, I can see golden things in the future for you two.”
 
“What are you getting at TK?” asked Davis.
 
TK smiled, “I'm saying, that you've earned Kari love in ways that I can hardly dream of. For that…”
 
He held out his hand, “I admit defeat in our rivalry.”
 
Now Davis smiled, “Hey thanks… TA!” even TK laughed as came to Davis with a bear hug instead.
 
“I like this guy.” chuckled TK.
 
“To me and Kari.” said Davis.
 
“CHEERS!!!!”
 
* * *
 
Kari was already tucked into her bed back home. She took one last look at the moon.
 
“I can't wait to see you Davis.” She said to herself, “When I wake up, I shall become yours.”
She held her hands to her chest, “Oh be still….My aching heart.”
 
Then she slipped under the covers, and fell into a very deep soothing sleep.
 
* * *
 
Davis and company were back at Tai's place. Jun had not come home; Davis allowed her and the girls to crash at his place to be close to Kari for tomorrow.
 
They stopped by in the yard near the meadow and were so captivated by how it looked.
 
“Well… My work here is done!” said Michael, and what a well done job he'd done as well.
 
Flowery hedges stretched from one side all the way to the other.
 
A beautiful red carpet reached all the way down the isle to where an arch of wood decorated in more flowers stood beautifully in the center.
 
One row of Twenty-five seats each for a total of fifty, were on neatly placed on either side of the flowery hedges.
 
That was just the half of it…
 
Behind the hedges was a rather large tent, like a miniature circus, held up by eight posts.
 
Inside was a solid fabric carpet, which folded outside and was stapled to the sides of the boards holding it into place.
 
More than enough tables to put the cake and the feast, which Mimi called and said was all finished.
 
There was even a place for Cody and Joe to set up the music and stuff, just like they wanted.
 
Finally, there were about six Out-houses near the tent, just in case nature had to make its call.
 
“Great job Michael.” Said Davis, “I'm going pay you triple.” Michael's eyes glittered with the Dollar sign.
 
“I can hardly wait.” He chuckled.
 
* * *
 
Davis even received a call from the minister that he would be delighted to help out tomorrow, provided his was paid well.
 
Davis already paid him, in fact he should have received hi check by now, and he did.
 
The minister even offered for a Thousand-Dollars more, he would perform the baptism for Davis first child.
 
But Davis just said, “I will pay you more, but don't worry about the Baptism, just perform the Marriage ceremony.”
 
With everything set up outside, and Tuxedos ready for the morning, Davis found no other option but to hit the sack.
 
He climbed into his bed, and took one last look at the moon. He even swore he saw Kari's face on it.
 
“Now I shall rest, and wake up ready to become the next happiest man in the world.” He said to himself.
 
Then he laid down quietly, and fell asleep.