Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ The Nightmare before the Wedding ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Kari began tossing and turning in her sleep. She was having a dream…
 
* * *
 
She was there at the alter starring into the eyes of Davis, and the minister gave them permission to kiss.
 
Their lips moved closer and closer… but just before the made contact, the sky grew dark.
 
And swarms of angry Digimon were flying down from the skies crying, “ATTACK… ATTACK!!!!”
 
In almost no time at all, the weeding grounds turned into a battle field. Everything was ruined.
 
All the Digi destined mounted their mega-level Digimon, and began the battle.
 
Kari begged for Davis not to go, but said that he had a bone to pick with these guys for ruining their wedding day.
 
So he and Ken rode off on Imperialdramon.
 
* * *
 
Finally when the battle was over, Kari ran over to Davis and told him it wasn't too late for them to continue the wedding.
 
They were about to kiss, when suddenly one of they dying Digimon rose up for one last stab.
 
He fired a full forced beam directly towards them. “KARI, LOOK OUT!!!” Davis cried shoving her out of the way.
 
“DAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!” she cried out, but the energy had already hit him.
 
The Digimon then vaporized, leaving poor Davis bleeding very badly on the ground.
 
“No… Davis!” sobbed Kari leaning down to him.
 
“Kari…!” he peeped. “I… Love… You…Ugh…!” he was gone.
 
“Davis… Davis… DAVIS!!!”
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”
 
* * *
 
Kari suddenly gasped awake, and bolted up right in bed. The girls burst into the room.
 
“Kari, are you alright?” asked Sora.
 
Kari was still breathing heavily, “I just dreamed Davis died, form being attacked by Digimon.” She cried.
 
“Oh, I see.” said Yolei, “You've just got a case of, The Pre-Wedding-Jitters that's all. I had them too.”
 
“What are Wedding-Jitters?” asked Kari
 
“Wedding-Jitters are a case of over excitement, in which your nerves go absolutely crazy.”
 
“Everyone gets them when they're about to be married.”
 
Kari sighed heavily, “What a relief, I thought I'd never see Davis again.” She said.
 
“Oh don't worry Kari,” said Jun, “You'll see him later on today. You should go back to sleep now while it's still Dark out.”
 
“Thanks girls and I'm sorry for waking you up.”
 
The girls smiled before exiting the room allowing Kari to get back to sleep, this time, she had no more nightmares.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, at Tai's place, Davis wasn't having it any easier…
 
He was dreaming too…
 
* * *
He dream that Kari and him were standing at the alter exchanging their vows.
 
Kari was asked if she would take Davis as her husband and she said… “I Don't!”
 
The crowd gasped in shock, the minister dropped his bible, and Kari told them why she refused.
 
She said that she still had feelings for TK, and wanted to be with him. She dropped her bouquet and ran over to him.
 
The kissed passionately, and then rose up into the sky, and then flew away on a cloud.
 
Davis was absolutely 100% entirely… DESTROYED!!!!
 
Then it got worse.
 
Right after Kari and TK flew away, Davis found himself in the dark void of the Shadow-Realm.
 
How did he get there…?
 
“I brought you here.” Said a dark damp voice, it was DEATH himself. “You have lost the only woman you could ever love…”
 
He raised his cutter-staff, “Therefore, as Punishment, I shall take your soul away.”
 
“No” cried Davis, “You can't do this to ME!!!!!!”
 
* * *
 
Davis was tossing and turning in his sleep crying out, “Go away! Leave me alone.”
 
Finally, he was woken up by the others. Davis blinked at the sun rising. “Help, I can't see anything.” He cried.
 
“Now don't be silly Davis.” said Tai.
 
“I'm not!”
 
“It's alright Davis, you were just having a nightmare.” said Tai, “I was?” asked Davis.
 
TK nodded, “Well, what do you know!” he joked, “The Digi destined of Courage is actually afraid of something.”
 
Davis blushed, “Yeah, I suppose I am.” He said, “I dreamed that Kari decided to go back to you, and Death was coming for me.”
 
Tai then smiled, “Well, just think Davis.” He said, “Now you can look
Death in the eye and tell him… “YOU LOSE!”
 
Davis looked at the clock; it was half past six in the morning; the morning of his wedding day.
 
“I don't believe it.” He cried, “This is it, the day I've been waiting for. Kari and I are going to be married.”
 
Ken even playfully pinched Davis' cheek, “Wow, I'm not dreaming, am I?” Davis asked.
 
“No Davis you're not.” said Ken, “In just a few short hours, you will the happiest man I know.”
Davis grinned from ear to ear until he heard Michael call the boys downstairs for breakfast.
 
Davis said he would come in a minute, he checked to see if anyone was watching, and whipped out his cell-phone.
 
Both his big surprises were ready. He asked for the first one to be delivered to Tai's place at once.
 
The other, would have to wait until after the honeymoon. “Look out Kari.” Davis said under his breath, “You are in for a treat.”
 
The boys didn't have to eat fast; the Wedding wasn't scheduled until 11:30 am. That was about 5 hours from now; Kari might not even be up yet.
 
* * *
 
But actually, the girls were already awake, and already finished their breakfast.
 
Mimi left to go get the feast and the cake set up for the reception at Tai's place.
 
Sora had also left to go pick up the dresses. She made sure that she brought Kari's gown over first.
 
* * *
 
A few hours later…
 
Kari stood looking at herself in three full view mirrors. She looked absolutely stunning in the pure white wedding dress she was wearing.
 
She even drew the design for it herself, with the help of Sora's skilled sewing fingers; she made it as if it was made of modeling clay.
 
It was long-sleeved and off the shoulder. The body-part clung to her, accentuating her narrow waist, and it had a very full skirt, which flowed around her loosely.
 
Her veil was held in place with a diamond tiara. Kari even had a hard time designing her hair to suit it best.
 
So, she decided to just let it fall loosely like it always did, and to think her hair was once really short.
 
A white pear necklace she borrowed from Jun was wrapped around her neck to go with a pair of shiny earrings she wore when she was only eight years old.
 
She applied the last of her make-up, a little blush, a dash of perfume, some peach lip-stick that wouldn't rub off, and last but not least she straightened her eye-lashes.
 
“Davis is going to die when he sees me.” She giggled; “And what if he doesn't?” joked Yolei.
 
“I know he will, Yolei.” replied Kari.
 
Yolei left the room letting Kari finish up…
 
“Hey girls?” came Gatomon's voice from behind a curtain, “Come on Gatomon. Lets see how you look.” said Yolei.
 
Gatomon came out from behind the curtain wearing a small pink flowery dress with a crown of daisies on her head.
 
“I feel absolutely, Ridiculous!!!” she moaned. “Don't be such a wet blanket.” said Sora, “You look perfect.”
 
“Perfect? ... Perfectly silly is more like it!”
 
The girls all giggled. Their dresses were pink as well, but with a little dash of purple on them so as not to look to bright.
 
Suddenly there was a knock at the door. “It's me Tai. Can I come in?” the girls agreed and let him in.
 
“Oh My, my, my!” he said in awe, “I must have the wrong address. You all look like real women to me.”
 
The girls all giggled, even Gatomon did. “Well, your ride's here, if you're all ready.”
 
The girls headed for the elevator just like that.
 
Tai knew Kari had to be in the bedroom. He knocked at the door. “Kari, are you done yet?”
 
“Come on in Tai.”
Tai opened the door, “Ooh, La, La!” he said in a playful tone. “Are you really my sister?” Kari giggled.
 
“Well, are you ready to go?”
 
“Almost…I've got...”
 
“Something New… That's My Dress. Something Old… That's my earrings. Something Borrowed... That's Jun's necklace.”
 
“Now I just need Something Blue!”
 
Tai smiled happily, for he brought just the thing for her. He pressed a small box into her hand.
 
Inside, on a piece of foam-rubber, laid a small blue sapphire-Broach for her to wear on her chest.
 
“Thank you Tai.” She said giving him a big hug. “I'm ready now, let's go.” She cried.
 
They headed to the elevator, and outside to where Davis' limo was waiting for them.
 
“I'm coming to you Davis, I'm coming.”