Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ Mr and Mrs Daisuke Motomiya! ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
The wedding guests had already arrived and were seated in their proper places.
 
Mimi had the feast all prepared in the tent, and quickly changed into her Bride's-mate dress.
 
Davis all dressed up in his pure white Tux was having a chat with the proud parents before the ceremony began.
 
Kari's Parents were very delighted to her their little girl was marrying a man who really cared for her.
 
Kari's dad even wished he was the one to give her away, but his legs got paralyzed in car crash two years ago.
 
So he had to sit in a wheelchair, but he and his wife did have front row seats.
 
“You'll make a fine son in law to us.” He said happily, “Welcome to the family…Son.”
 
He shook hands with Davis, and his wife pecked Davis on the cheek. “Thank you both.” He said happily.
 
Davis' parents couldn't be any more proud. Now their family and Kari's family could be completely liked into one big Family.
 
“Your Attention, everyone.” Ken's voice called from the house, “The Bride has just arrived.”
 
“Please take your seats, for the wedding shall shortly begin.”
 
Davis exchanged his last few handshakes from both the families, and then took his place under the arch.
 
“You ready Davis.” asked Ken. “Ken, I've been ready for his since the day I met her.” He replied.
* * *
 
The minister took his place behind the arch as the music started to fill throughout the yard.
 
Gatomon was the first to come out and walk down the isle. A few steps behind her, was Veemon, dressed in a small tux.
 
He carefully remembered his steps, and managed to make it the arch without dropping the rings.
 
Now it was the Bride's-Mates turn, and the moment they cleared out of the isle, the music slowly drowned out, and switched to “The one.”
 
Everyone turned to the curtain of flowers far in the back. They slowly opened, and there she was.
 
Kari began slowly walking down the carpet by Tai. As Davis looked on, he couldn't even blink his eyes.
 
She looked so incredibly beautiful, and to think it was only going to be a while longer before she was all his for the taking.
 
When they made it to the arch, Tai couldn't help but ask, “Well Davis What do you think of her?”
 
Ever so gently Davis took her hand, “Oh, My Beautiful Bride.” He said softly, “I think I'd better call heaven, there's an Angel holding my hand here.”
 
Kari blushed, with tears flowing down her cheeks, “I'm ready Davis, let's do this.” She cried.
 
Davis nodded, and the proceeded the last few steps to the arch. The last of music died out, and the Minister began.
 
"Dearly beloved," he began as the guests sat back down.
 
"We are gathered here today in the sight of God and these witnesses, to join these two in Holy Matrimony.”
 
“Let us pray.”
 
* * *
 
A while later…
 
The Minister had just finished the opening prayer and was now reading a story from the Bible that seemed like the longest story anyone there had ever heard.
 
Davis, Kari, and the crowd were getting anxious. They wished he would just skip over all that stuff and get to the good stuff at once.
 
“Who gives this woman to be wed to this man?” The Minister asked.
Tai stood up proudly. “I do,”
 
The crowd was indeed supportive to that, and also extended regrets that Kari's dad wasn't the one because of his legs.
 
The Minister, “Marriage is a holy and sacred estate, instituted by God, The Almighty Father.”
 
“It should be entered into wisely, and with strong righteous hearts. It is a blessed coming together of a man and a woman who have decided to take this miraculous journey of life together.”
 
Then he looked at Davis, “Daisuke Motomiya, Do you take this woman as your wife?”
 
“…To live together under God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony?”
 
“Will you love her, honor her, cherish and keep her in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, through good times and through bad?”
 
“…And forsaking all others to keep thee only onto her for as long as you may live?”
 
"I do," Davis said, looking upon his bride with tenderness and love.
The Minister smiled and extended his arm to Kari. "Hikari Yagami Kamiya?”
 
“Will you have this man to be your husband, to live together under God's ordinance, in the holy estate of matrimony?”
 
“Will you love him, honor him, cherish and keep him in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, through good times and through bad?”
 
“…And forsaking all others to keep thee only onto him for as long as you may live?”
 
Kari blinked back tears of joy. "I Do," she answered.
 
"If there is anyone present who can give just cause as to why these two young people may NOT be joined together!”
 
“Let him now speak, or hear after forever hold his peace.” Kari and Davis gazed at the crowd, but no one spoke.
 
The Minister saw this as the right to continue, and then cleared his throat.
 
"Now, I ask the bride and groom to face one another and join their right hands.”
 
They did so. “Davis, please look into Kari's eyes and repeat after me. I, Daisuke,”
 
* * *
 
(I wrote what would be repeats only once, to make it to read and keep up)
 
* * *
 
[Davis in repeat]
 
“I, Daisuke, In the presence of God and these witnesses, take you Hikari, to be my wedded wife.”
“I will be true and faithful husband. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.”
 
The minister turned to Kari, “Now Kari, please look into Davis' eyes and repeat after me.”
 
[Kari in repeat]
 
“I, Hikari, In the presence of God and these witnesses, take you, Daisuke, to be my wedded husband.”
 
“I will be a true and faithful wife. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."
 
The Minister smiled, and then proceeded with the Communion service of the ceremony and a prayer to the Virgin Mary to watch over the marriage.
 
“At this time, we now come to the ringing ceremony." he began. “The ring is a symbol of everlasting, perfect love, never beginning, never ending.”
 
“Who here has the ring, that will be given from the Groom to the Bride?"
 
“I do,” Ken said, reaching into his pocket with a small wink at Davis and held out the ring.
 
The Minister stretched out his hand and blessed it. He took it from Ken and gave it to Davis.
 
“Now Davis, Place this ring on the third finger of Kari's left hand, look into her eyes, and repeat after me.”
 
[Davis in repeat]
 
“As God is my witness, I give you my promise. I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow. With all that I am, and all that I have”
 
“I honor you Hikari.”
The minister looked up, “Who here has the second ring, that will be given from the Bride to the Groom?”
 
"I do," Veemon said, holding the pillow up. The Minister stretched out his hand and blessed it. He took it off the pillow and gave it to Kari.
 
“Kari please places this ring on the third finger of Davis' left hand, look into his eyes, and repeat after me.”
 
[Kari in repeat]
 
“As God is my witness, I give you my promise; I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow. With all that I am, and all that I have,"
 
“I honor you Daisuke.”
 
 
“Davis, do you give this ring and receive the other as a symbol of your deep faith and abiding love?”
 
"I do."
 
"And Kari, do you receive this ring and give the other as a symbol of your deep faith and abiding love?"
 
“I do.”
 
“Now, that Davis and Kari have by solemnly exchanged vows given themselves to each other, before us and before God as witness.”
 
“By the power vested in me through God, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.”
 
“Davis, you may kiss your bride!”
 
Beaming, Davis lifted Kari's veil over her head, took her in his arms, and kissed her with such a deep love it seemed to fill the yard with its sweetness.
 
People immediately started clapping and standing up, Jun and Tai covered their faces as the tears poured down their faces.
 
When they separated, the minister had a few more words to say. “Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and loved ones…” he said.
 
“It gives me great pleasure to present to the world for the first time… Mr. and Mrs. Daisuke Motomiya.”
 
“Let their love shine throughout the ages!”
 
Davis bowed to the cheering crowd, and Kari curtseyed. Davis then picked Kari up in his arms, and carried her down the isle.