Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Wedding Story: DAVIS & KARI ❯ Gifts to remember. ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
At the reception, many pictures were taken. Most of them were of Davis and Kari.
 
The entire wedding was perfect, and now it was time to celebrate this glorious occasion.
 
Yolei was practically fought off people to make sure she got enough food to eat.
 
“Yolei, at the rate you're going…” Davis joked, “…you'd probably eat yourself to death, and still not be satisfied.”
 
Everyone laughed, but Yolei didn't really care, she was too busy stuffing her face with meatballs.
 
She stopped though when it was time give cheers to Davis and Kari. Yolei almost choked on her champagne for eating to fast.
 
* * *
 
Joe and Cody had a little routine for playing the music. First a slow song followed some plain songs each time.
 
But they picked a very special song for Davis and Kari to share their first dance as a married couple.
 
Man, did they look pretty together.
 
* * *
 
Before the dinner-hours began, Kari and Davis started opening their wedding gifts.
 
-The parents gave their respective child each a photo=album, to store all their favorite pictures.
 
 
-Tai gave Davis a new Soccer-ball, with the words… “Davis and Tai, Brothers Forever”… in scripted on it.
 
-Jun gave Kari an exact imitation of the necklace she was already wearing. After all, it was the Something Borrowed for her dress.
 
-Sora gave Kari a sewing machine, and “How to sew Book, If she ever wanted to learn to sew.
 
Sora even offered Kari free lessons during spare time. FREE lessons, meaning for once Davis could keep his money.
 
-Matt gave Davis an Artificial NASA-badge, making them buddies inside the force as well as outside it.
 
He even thought of naming a new constellation after him and Kari.
 
Mimi and Michael didn't really have anything for the couple, because they were so busy with the Preparations.
 
But Davis and Kari thought that was just as good a gift as anyone could possibly give for friends.
 
-Izzy gave Davis a new laptop, and TK gave Kari, a new Digital-camera. This way she could take pictures and Davis could print them.
 
Plus, Davis' new laptop could be very helpful in his growing Noodle business.
 
-Yolei gave Kari a baby-photo album, for when she and Davis ever decided to have kids.
 
-Ken gave Davis a brand new apron with his own name on it to wear on his Noodle-cart travels.
 
Now it was time for Kari to give her gift to Davis, for his gift to her was being delivered that day. She would have it before Dark.
 
Davis very carefully opened his gift from his bride, inside was a small little radio that seemed to have small a computer on it.
“Kari?” said Davis, “This is… “The Music Maker.” It was a very Rare and special Song-machine powered by satellite.
 
All Davis had to do was type in the name of any song he wanted, and how he wanted to hear it played.
 
He always wanted one when he was a kid, but because it was so rare, it was very expensive soon.
 
“Kari, how did get this?” asked Davis. Kari pretended that she was pulled out empty pockets.
 
“You give up what you love, for the one you love.” she said. This awed the crowed. Davis leaned forward and kissed her sweetly.
 
“Kari I promise you.” Davis said, “When your gift gets here, you will be happier than you've made me.”
 
Kari smiled, “I know what'll make me just as happy.” She said, pointing towards the cake.
 
Everyone looked up hopeful. “Cake before dinner time?” asked Davis, “Why not!”
 
Everyone cheered.
 
* * *
 
The cake was absolutely delicious. Three different sized cakes with white frosting on top with candied flowers all around it.
 
The light chocolate cake in the middle with no icing layer, it was real whipped-creamed.
 
The best attraction of it all was the two wedding figurines on the top under a small plastic arch.
 
Mimi spent weeks carving them out of almond-paste from pictures of Davis and Kari in college.
 
They looked exactly identical to Davis and Kari. The only things that were different were they were much smaller, and almost eatable.
 
Davis and Kari couldn't find it in their hearts to even touch the lifeless couple atop the cake.
 
So they just cut off a small square of that portion of the cake where the figurines stood.
 
Their plans were to preserve it as a symbol of this magical day.
 
* * *
 
The sun was beginning to set, and the party seemed to be quieting down a bit.
 
“Davis, I have to know.” asked TK, “What if you never really got to be with Kari? What would you do?”
 
Davis features saddened. “What kind of question is that?” he asked as he turned to his bride holding her hands.
 
“Kari… is my whole reason for living. Without her, I'd just want crawl into hole and die, than live without her.”
 
“Davis.” Cried Kari, “You're not serious are you?”
 
Davis nodded sadly, “Yes it true.” he sighed, “You're the only woman I want as my soul-mate.”
 
“If I can't be with you… Well… Then I'd much rater be left alone, to Rot and Decay to nothing.”
 
Davis then got up and asked Joe and Cody to plug his Music-Maker into the speakers.
 
Then he typed for the machine to play a song from a movie he knew, and for no one to sing the lyrics.
 
Everyone turned toward Davis who seemed far away fro the crowd. Very sad music started to fill the room.”
 
“You see… before I even met Kari, things were very different for me back then.” He cried.
 
He cleared his throat, and began walking with arms dropped forward, as he sang the first lyrics to the song.
 
[Davis]
 
-I'm so Lonely, so Lonely
So Lonely and sadly alone
There's no one, Just me only
Living in my life of stone.
-I work really hard and try to make friends
but nobody listens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me
SE-RIOUS-LY

-And so…
I'm Lonely
*Sniffles* Really Lonely
Poor little me
 
* * *
 
Kari had tears in her eyes. Davis cared that much for her that he was even willing to disengage all hopes of romance.
 
* * *

[Davis]
 
-There's nobody I can relate to
Feel like a bird in a cage
It's kind of silly, but not really
Because it's filling my body with rage

-I'm the Smartest, most clever, most physically fit
But nobody else seems to realize it
When I pass away maybe
They'll notice ME…
-But until then … I'll just be Lonely
Yeah, Really Lonely.
Poor little me
* * *
 
Kari girls were softly crying now, even the men were touched by Davis' song.
 
* * *
 
-I'm so….L-OOOOOONE-LYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
 
* * *
Kari managed to fight back her tears. That could've happened to Davis, but it didn't, and now would never.
 
They were married, now and forever.
 
* * *
 
Well, it was getting late…
 
Davis and Kari decided that it was almost time for them to head out on their honeymoon.
 
But Davis had one more surprise left before he had to go. He motioned two of his men who just arrived, carrying a large present into the room.
 
There was no doubt about it; this was definitely Davis' wedding gift to Kari.
 
She gently pulled off the large pink ribbon of the hug box, and it instantly came open.
 
It was a Coy-pond, with no water in it yet.
 
Complete with three waterfall points, two water-wheels, fake plants and insects, at the top of the rocky summit, was a small white-house.
 
Kari felt tears of happiness coming to her eyes, she was about to kiss Davis, when he stopped her.
 
“Not yet.” He said, “Press the little red-door on the house.” Kari did as she was told.
 
The roof of the house slowly rose up, and the sound of soft music escaped from it.
 
The same music Kari heard near that music-box shop. “Oh Davis…” she sobbed, “This is…”
 
Davis put a finger to her lips. “Don't speak now, just close your eyes and listen to the music… All of you!”
 
Everyone shut their eyes, and Davis began singing his own words to the soft soothing music.
 
He even programmed his Music-Maker to give a little background help in the music.
 
* * *
 
[Davis]
 
-Night winds sighing
Snowy owls flying
Dogs are howling
Pussy cats are yowling
 
-Nightingales are singing
Like a bell that's ringing.
Listen when there isn't any light
And hear the soothing music in the night.
 
-The city's loud until the sun sets
And then the miracle begins
The distant symphony that's played on
A hundred magic violins.
 
-Time goes by
It's noisy but it's buying
Stars are shining
Cricket wings are whining
 
-Airplanes are soaring
Waterfalls are pouring
It makes you feel that everything's alright.
When you hear the soothing music…
 
In the Night
 
* * *
 
The music came to a soothing end, and the crowd began to applaud. Kari reached over to Davis, and kissed him sweetly, her tears stained his face.
 
* * *
 
Once Tai and Jun agreed to look after Kari's Coy-pond for the time being, Davis and Kari saw that it was time to go.
 
Everyone escorted the Newlyweds out to the road where one of Davis' smaller planes awaited the couple.
 
After exchanging their good-byes and good lucks from all their loved ones and friends, Kari and Davis got on the plane.
 
Just before they closed the door, Kari quickly tossed her bouquet. Most of her college girlfriends went crazy.
 
In the end, it was Gatomon who had caught it. The only thing that stumped everyone is who was the “Man of her dreams”?
 
Was it Veemon…Or Patamon? She'd have plenty of time to think about it while stayed at Tai's while Davis and Kari were gone.
 
The plane doors closed, the engines roared to life, and the plane took off. Dangling behind it was a glowing white sign which read… (You guessed it!)
 
JUST MARRIED…!