Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Diaries ❯ Welcome home, Witchmon ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Almost a week had gone by since the black out. Power had been restored in short order, and Detroit seemed to be slowly getting back into it's normal swing as it dealt with the leftover problems that the dark had left it.

Emily's parents were ecstatic when they found her. When Emily explained about her leg, saying the injury was from some of the debris, she and her mother both had to keep her father from attacking Erin, at first thinking he had done it. Her parents did get her to a doctor to check up on it though, despite her argument that it was bandaged and fine.

Sue and Max didn't run into too much trouble. Both families found them sitting in a park between their homes, talking away as if it wasn't a statewide emergency.

Greg and Hilary both caught a bit of flack when they got home. Their mother had assumed they would stay at their friend's, like they said they would, instead of coming home by themselves.

Erin spent the time trying to relax. The residents of the abandoned building hadn't made any attempts to try and talk to him, but he had started a small collection of drawings that the children seemed to be leaving under his door. They were mostly random things, playing or things from school, although some did pictures of the fight they saw between Black War Humon and Devidramon. He had even gotten one request done of Frogmon, by leaving a note under the door where his pictures always appeared.

Over all, things seemed to be slowly working back to normal. Erin still found sleeping to be a little hard to do knowing what was coming though. Any day, Witchmon would come through the laptop, and he would be leaving again. He had to, if he wanted to protect his friends, Phelesmon seemed to enjoy going after them, even if it wasn't in a totally direct manner. So he had to stop Phelesmon, no matter the cost.

***********

Dark Diaries

Entry 18 "Welcome home, Witchmon"

Written by Rocker Starlight

Permission from Lord Archive

***********

"Sheesh, Jill wasn't kidding about checking me mail…" Erin muttered as he looked through all the e-mail he had collected since he had signed up on the Chosen/Digi-Destined forum service. A lot of it built up from his lack of attention to it. Some were group mails to everyone, involving general information to everyone on the mailing list, while he found multiple from specific Digi-Destined.

Koushiro almost made up for a fourth of the e-mails, trying to find some way to get a hold of him and still offering a home, or at least a visit. He seemed more then a little determined to try and get a chance to examine Erin, which did have the teen a little uneasy. Mimi had sent a couple before and after her last visit, asking how things had been and why he wasn't being more sociable on the board.

"Mental note, ask someone why Mimi keeps threatening to drag me into a game of Truth or Dare…" Erin chuckled, as he sifted through more of the mail. He finally was getting close to finished, reading random questions that some of the other Digi-Destined around the world had asked, although not really concentrating much on them as the time passed.

"Witchmon, what is taking you so long?" The teen muttered, taking a deep breath as he moved to open a fresh E-mail.

"Well, traffic was horrible on the ride here."

Erin jumped, making a noise as he looked to his window. There floating outside, was the witch digimon, riding on her broom. Moving quickly, he moved to the window and opened it fully, letting her land inside before he cast a glance to make sure she hadn't been noticed.

"Damn it, do you want attention?!" Erin half growled as he closed the window mostly again.

"Oh quiet. I know how to keep a low profile." Witchmon dropped her broom onto the teen's bed, plopping herself down next to it. "I checked to make sure no one would see me, and I knew you would open the window fast once you noticed me."

Ignoring the groaning teen, the Adult digimon glanced at the laptop, noticing the program running. "Oh, finally catching up, eh? Hehe, Jill told me about how much mail she found that day she logged onto it."

"Yea yea…" Erin waved the comment off, shutting the program down. "So, why did you fly instead of gating here?"

"I just felt like enjoying the weather." Witchmon shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Sure. Well, Emily said she would hold the supplies they gathered up for us. So we just need to drop off the laptop, and we're ready to go." Shutting down the laptop and closing it, Erin glanced back, noticing the uneasy shifting of Witchmon's feet. "Hey, is something wrong?"

"Huh?" Witchmon blinked, shaking her head for a moment. "Y… Yea, everything's fine. Let's just get going, alright?"

Nodding, Erin grabbed his backpack with his belongings and the laptop, before climbing onto Witchmon's broom and holding on as she took off back out the window.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I thought you said it was close by…" Erin muttered, brushing a tree branch out of his way.

"Look, Witchelny wasn't built in a day. Besides, considering that I don't know what kind of reception we may receive, I'm taking the scenic route." Witchmon smirked back at her friend, as she continued clearing her way with swats of her broom.

Tugging a couple sandwiches out of his backpack, Erin handed one to the digimon, before munching on his own. Even if being in the Digital World was more refreshing in his fused state, walking for two days with minimal stops still took its toll. He silently just kept hoping they would arrive sooner then later, in case Phelesmon was already planning something more.

Stopping in front of the fused teen, Witchmon held her broom up to make him stop. She looked out through the brush, making him wait, before she turned and smiled. "Alright, we have a place to rest at last."

Erin blinked, before the witch digimon suddenly jumped out of the woods. A bit surprised, he quickly followed, finding his friend kneeling next to many small digimon of many varieties, ranging from a small tadpole with feet, to a mini samurai with a small wooden sword hanging on its back.

"Witchmon, you came home!" A little yellow with blue stripped ball cried out, it's feline tail and ears flicking about excitedly.

Another small digimon, this time a hyper little feline, jumped around and nearly trampling some of the other digimon around it. "I evolved, Witchmon! Remember me?!"

"Of course I remember you. So, you evolved from Nyaromon into Kittenmon? Hehe, trying to follow me, are you?" Witchmon sat on her legs, petting Kittenmon as she stopped her in her lap.

Erin watched the apparent reunion silently, giving a soft smile. He didn't want to intrude, as all the Child and Baby level digimon bunched around the Adult, all of them trying to tell her everything they could think to. Looking up from the clearing they were all in, he could see a village only a short distance away, with a small wizard looking digimon in white walking towards them.

"Well, your making quite the stir, aren't you Witchmon?" The white wizard said. Carrying a long wand with a blue snowflake on the end, his collar covered more of his face. Still, Erin could swear the digimon looked slightly familiar.

"Sorcerymon!" Witchmon smiled brightly, standing from the crowd around her and walking to give Sorcerymon a hug. The evident male was about a half a foot shorter then Witchmon, surprising Erin. Meeting the witch, he had thought that was as short as Adult digimon came, although he continued to learn new things as he spent time with his new friend.

"Well, I see your well." Sorcerymon's voice held a friendly tone to it as he hugged Witchmon back. "And who's your friend?"

Erin watched at Sorcerymon pointed at him with his wand, focusing all the attention on him. Before he could think, the crowd of digimon was soon around his ankles, bouncing around and trying to ask about fifteen things at once.

"Witchmon, a little help here?" Erin called out, afraid to move for fear of stepping on one of the small digimon around his feet.

"Sorcerymon, this is Erin. He's a new friend of mine." Witchmon lead the wizard over, kneeling down to try and calm the youngsters. Finally getting them all to relax and sit around the two Adults and human, she continued. "He came with me to check on the problem in Witchelny."

Sorcerymon stiffened for a moment. "Alright, all of you have things to be about, don't you?" The crowd groaned in protest, reminding Erin a little of the three younger orphans back home. "Don't start, now off with you all. If you're all good, you can see Witchmon again before she moves on."

Witchmon slowly stood, watching all the Baby and Child digimon scamper off, her smile slowly fading from her face. "I take it things in Witchelny are as bad as I heard then?"

"Possibly worse. Come to my home, there is much you need to know of, and many things I need to ask about." Turning, Sorcerymon lead the way back into the village.

Glancing at Witchmon a moment, Erin followed alongside the Adult, both a little unsure was coming.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sitting at her desk, Jill sighed softly. Idly stroking Neko's fur, she stared at the picture of Erin, Selene, and herself, worrying over her older brother and Witchmon. Despite the time Witchmon had spent trying to ease her uneasy about the digimon returning to her home, the last two days without a word had just been nerve wracking.

Picking up Neko in her hands, she held the almost phantom looking feline so they were eye to eye. "Witchmon's going to be ok, right Neko? I mean, it's just a visit home, then right back. And besides, she had Erin with her." Hugging the feline close, Jill gave a sigh. She just couldn't get herself to believe something bad was going to happen in Witchelny.

"Ms. Jill?"

Jill turned her head, smiling gently at Mary as the young girl stepped into her room. "Yes Mary? Is everything alright?"

"I was wondering… When might Ms. Witchmon be coming back? She really didn't explain why she was leaving to me and Angela…"

Ushering the young girl over, Jill pulled her up into her lap, letting Neko jump over to her bed. "Witchmon had to visit her own home for awhile is all. Apparently, some people she thought were her friends were telling lies about her, so she wanted to set it all straight."

Mary watched the older girl's face, listening intently before she gave a nod. "Ok. Do you think we could send Mr. Erin an e-mail then? He's been away for almost a month now."

Although she knew Erin would be with Witchmon, having everything explained to her by her digimon friend, she nodded. "Sure we can e-mail him. Meet me downstairs, alright?"

Watching the happy girl leave the room, she sighed. Neko jumped back into her lap, giving a mew that made her smile gently. "I know Neko… I guess I just have to try and not worry until they both come back all right, right?" Picking the small cat up, she walked downstairs with plans to send a couple e-mails out.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"They think I did WHAT?!" Witchmon screamed.

"They put out an bulletin saying you were wanted for crimes against Witchelny. Among them, deleting four digimon out of malice, all of which were citizens of Witchelny, siding with humans against us, and refusing Wisemon's orders directly." Sorcerymon took a sip of his water past the strings over his mouth. "Although I see the human part was at least accurate, although the rest of it seemed rather odd."

"It's bullshit! I haven't killed a digimon out of anything but self defense in almost a year! And I never heard an order from Wisemon, let alone met any anti-digimon humans. Whoever said this was lying!"

Erin watched quietly, taking a drink for himself as his red eyes shifted between the two digimon.

"Well, lies or not, this was official. It had the council and Wisemon's seals."

Witchmon looked like her eyes might pop out of their sockets. "All six of the council? And Lord Wisemon?" The fire that had her yelling after Sorcerymon explained what had been going on suddenly died off, looking down into her drink absently.

"Council?" Erin asked, as the pause dragged on.

Sorcerymon glanced at the human, eyeing him up for a moment before he spoke. 'The council is comprised of six Perfection or Ultimate level digimon who deal with the everyday dealings of Witchelny as well as problems that should arise in times of danger. They are a way for things to be balanced, without a sole digimon ruling everything. Although Wisemon is the leader and probably the most powerful digimon in Witchelny, the council holds almost as much rank as a whole."

Erin nodded, thinking for a moment as Witchmon remained silent. "So, something with all seven seals is obviously important, right?"

Sorcerymon chuckled. "It's nearly a call for war. Witchelny has been in a frantic state over the last few months. That's why Witchmon's sudden bulletin came as a surprise. With it's efforts to deal with large scale problems, a digimon being singled out seemed simply bizzare."

Erin took a drink, nodding. "That's why you all still welcoming her, since it seems suspicious, Right?"

"Well, that and this is my hometown." Witchmon spoke, her voice softer then before. "That's why I knew I was safe to come out of the forest here, because I knew they wouldn't think I would do the things I am being accused of."

"Of course! Now, you two relax. I need to tend to some things, and I'll return after awhile." Standing up, Sorcerymon stood up, taking up his wand as he walked around the table and out the door.

Watching the Adult leave, Erin watched as Witchmon simply held her cup quietly. Finishing his own, he patted her shoulder, starting to get rather concerned. "Witchmon, you ok?"

"The council is comprised of five Perfects and one Adult currently. Ladies Taomon, Doumon, and D'arcmon comprise the magic and wizard half currently. The other half is Lords Karatenmon, Knightmon, and…" she paused, biting her lip a moment before she continued. "…Lord Mystimon…"

"Mystimon? That's the one you mentioned before, right?" Witchmon nodded slightly, as Erin sat back against the wall. "But, why would he think you betrayed Witchelny?"

"Why indeed. But those Guard Lords never normally see past their swords." Said a female voice from the doorway.

The pair turned towards it, seeing a digimon who looked similar to Witchmon, although mainly with a coloration difference. Her dress was a dark green shade, as well as her cloak, and her skin was much more tanned compared to Witchmon's pale skin. The markings on her face and her lips were an almost white shade compared to her skin, making them stand out a little more.

"Miragemon!" Witchmon said, her cheerful tone returning. She stood up, immediately hugging the similar digimon tightly.

"I was wondering if you would ever come visit us. Guess it just takes Witchelny acting weirder then a Piemon to make you actually stop in once in awhile, eh?" Miragemon gave a playful smirk as she returned the hug.

"I'm sorry… Before all this started, I was always running errands for Lady Taomon and Lord Mystimon. I've been in the human world since then…" Witchmon pulled back slightly, still holding the digimon at her shoulders. "But obviously, I've missed a few things, being there recently."

"Hey, dun worry about it. I know you're a busy mon since Taomon requested you. You visiting is the highlight of the last half year, considering how little activity we get aside messangers."

Witchmon grinned, as she led the other digimon to the table. "I can bet. I'm surprised you're still a healer here, and not trying for a place working for Lady D'arcmon."

Miragemon shrugged, giving Erin a momentary glance. "Meh, no real urge too. While boring, it is a lot more relaxing here then it is there. Besides, with Doumon missing, Witchelny's been in a uproar of late."

The mention of the magic fox-like digimon's name made Erin stiffen up. He knew it was too much to hope that it was just a coincidence that the digimon that had blacked out half of Michigan was the same type. If he needed something to confirm it, the grimace on Witchmon's face did it in a pinch.

"Missing, huh…" Taking a sip of her drink, Witchmon handed the glass of water to her friend for one. "No one knows what happened to her? No records of her leaving Witchelny?"

"Nope. You know the Council rarely leaves Witchelny unless it is an emergency. They say one of her vassals went to her quarters, and found it completely untouched since the last time she had been seen, with her medallion sitting on her bed. No clues whatsoever have been found, but Wisemon immediately made a call for arms, making it sound like the start of an invasion or something. Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's a long story." Witchmon rubbed her forehead, as she thought about where to start. "Remember when I got assigned with that Boogeymon for a recon trip awhile back? Well that was the start…"

*~*~*~*~*~*

Night soon settled on the small village, a relaxing time for Erin. Lying on the roof of Miragemon's home, he rolled the day over in his head a little.

To say Miragemon had been surprised by Witchmon's story would be an understatement. Although hearing how Erin had killed Boogeymon hadn't shocked her too much, finding out Doumon had entered the real world and tried to kill Witchmon had thrown her for a total loop. She had tried to argue it might be a different one, but it didn't take much to convince her the assassin and council member were one in the same.

"Now Miragemon's on her way to Witchelny to try and find out something, and me and Witchmon are left to try and be patient…" Sighing, Erin continued his star gazing, glad he could still do this to try and relax himself. Even after a couple of nights sleeping under the stars, the different patterns still interested him. Although, it wasn't like he saw all that many stars back home anyway.

"Having fun?" Erin turned his head, watching as Witchmon, in just her dress and gloves, walked over and sat down next to him. She turned her head to the stars watching them with him for a couple minutes before she spoke again. "Erin, I do want to thank you…"

"Thank me?" Erin blinked, turning his head to the digimon.

"Yea. For coming with… well, honestly for everything. You didn't kill me when I just sat there, while demon boy was attacking your mall… You gave me a home, helped me with FlaWizarmon and Doumon… You've saved my life a couple times now. I've learned a lot of things since I ran into you, and I'm glad I did."

Witchmon turned her head to the human, ruffling his hair as she noticed the blush on his cheeks. "You humans, you turn red so easily. I think that Mimi girl was the only human to not turn bright red at the slightest compliment or flirt."

"Bah…" Erin smirked, sitting up. "Just because I blush, since I'm not used to compliments."

Witchmon laughed softly, causing Erin to join in after a minute. As the humorous moment passed, the pair turned their eyes back to the stars, watching them twinkle in the night sky.

"Hey…" Erin blinked, squinting a little. "Did you just see something up there?"

Witchmon glanced at the fused teen, before looking back into the air. "No, but I do sense something… It's a little vague, but it's got my data crawling…"

After a moment, Erin turned his head, looking down the main street of the village and past the edge, into the blanket of darkness surrounding the small homes. Soon enough, the sound of many feet began reached his ears. Standing up, he watched as about five digimon walked up to the edge of the town.

The leader was rather obvious, a large and burly looking knight with a sword that was a tall as it was. The armor gleamed a little from the village's light, as it stopped and held its hand out for his troops to do the same. A couple Strike Dramon stood behind him, as well as some more knight looking digimon, although more like balls of armor rather then the full look the leader had.

"Attention!" A voice rang out from the air, hidden from Erin's sight as Witchmon stood up next to him. "The Lords and Ladies of Witchelny have heard that two enemies of our glorious home are within your residence. You will give these fugitives into our custody, or your village will be in direct conflict of our Lord Wisemon's command!"

"Lord Karatenmon…" Erin glanced back at Witchmon, seeing the scowl on her face. "And Lord Knightmon. This could be trouble…"

Erin nodded, feeling his nails biting into his palm as he turned back towards the small force. Sorcerymon had begun to approach it, wand in hand and a couple Child and Adults backing him up.

"What fugitives are you speaking of, my Lords? We're a small village, we don't traffic much in visitors." Sorcerymon stopped himself in the middle of the street, his allies spreading behind him to help block the street.

Next to Knightmon, another digimon landed suddenly. Although humanoid in shape, it seemed to be more bird aside from its build. It had claws for feet, and a mask over the top half of its head that was shaped like a large raven's head and a yellow stone of crystal sitting on top of it. Two black wings matched the feathers covering its body, while a dark blue piece of armor covered its chest. Erin took more notice of the two swords on its belt, both sheathed, but with its hands sitting on the gold colored hilts.

"Now now, do not lie. Reliable sources have informed us that the fugitive Witchmon and a human have been sighted entering your village." The bird-man spoke, Erin figuring he must be Karatenmon, since it was the same voice from the sky.

"Well, you're mistaken. The most we have are some newly evolved Child digimon, and our healer leaving for Witchelny for provisions. Now, if we may be excused, we are needing to sleep if we are to continue the lessons and work we must do tomorrow." Sorcerymon watched Karatenmon closely, bowing with his wand across his chest.

"Well, that's too bad. I guess we will just enjoy ourselves anyway. Knightmon, take your troops and head in." Karatenmon ignored the shocked look Sorcerymon gave as he stood again. "Look for our targets, and if anyone gets in the way, simply delete them."

Erin heard the choked noise from Witchmon, as Knightmon started to walk forward again. After two steps, Sorcerymon stepped into the knight's path, arms wide. "No! I will not simply let my town be ravaged!"

Knightmon stopped in front of the short Adult, looking down at it a moment before it grabbed the sword on its back with one hand and quickly slicing it threw the digimon blocking it. Sorcerymon's body simply stood for a moment, before it split into data in opposite directions.

"Sorcerymon!" Witchmon screamed, lunging forward as Erin put his arm out to block her. Frowning, Erin turned back towards the crowd, watching the village digimon scatter, while Karatenmon and Knightmon looked directly towards them.

"Come on, its time to go!" Erin growled, trying to push Witchmon back. After a moment of resistance, the witch digimon turned and jumped down the hole leading into Miragemon's home. Following along, he saw her run from the bedroom they landed in, quickly returning with her hat on and her hat and cloak in her hands.

"Come out, come out. We will not leave until you return with us to face your punishment!" Karatenmon taunted, sounding closer to the house.

"Follow me." Witchmon motioned, running quickly down the stairs. Following along, Erin watched the hall and kitchen pass by as he followed her out the backdoor. A small alley stood down the row of houses, no lights giving any true light into the area.

"Berserk Sword!" An explosion rang from the front of the house, sending a cloud of smoke over the rooftops.

Witchmon glanced back at the house, before she took off down the dim path between the houses. Hearing footsteps inside the building, Erin followed quickly after.

"We need to get everyone out of here. Knightmon's powerful, but he's not the brightest bulb. Karatenmon though… He's only a small step below Lord Mystimon for power and intelligence. He's dangerious to digimon of almost any level." Witchmon spoke quietly as they ran, slowing to a walk as she slipped between the buildings.

"What about the rest? Will they be much of a problem?" Erin asked as he quickly followed.

"Two are Strike Dramon. Normally dumb, but strong enough to be a annoyance. The Gladimon are a little tougher, since they are armored, but they aren't as strong. You shouldn't have too much trouble, unless your dumb enough to let them all jump you." Witchmon smirked back at the teen.

"Oh, I think I can avoid them alright. Sides, I have a present the Strike Dramon may not like…" Holding his arm up, he patted his forearm.

"Heh… Well you play nice, I'll try and evacuate as many digimon as I can." Erin nodded to the witch as she got onto her broom. And explosion came from the main street, as yells began to fill the night. "Just keep them distracted. Don't get yourself killed though, Jill would hate me…" Giving the teen's hair a ruffle, the Adult flew back into the alley, disappearing around the corner.

"Oh they'll get quite the show…" Erin's grin widened, as he walked to the mouth of the alley. Looking out, he could still see Knightmon with a Gladimon and Strike Dramon backing him up. The knight slammed its sword into the ground, leaning down near the Palmon that was cowering from the trio.

"Hey!" Erin leaned against the corner of the building, watching the trio turn towards him. "Come on, you don't wanna pick on that Child. Aren't you guys supposed to be taking me out?"

Watching the taunt work, it only took a moment before Strike Dramon and Gladimon lunged for him. Jumping back into the alley, Erin was almost at the end by the time the pair turned the corner.

"Alright, now we have some fun. Digital Assimilation!" Black War Humon appeared in a flash of purple light, jumping forward and jamming his claws into Strike Dramon's chest. After the dragon man exploded into black flecks, he jumped into the air, holding his claws together. "Terra Destroyer!" The compact ball of energy slammed into Gladimon, leaving only a crater in its place.

"So, that's all?" Knightmon spoke, watching Black War Humon float out of the alleyway. The assimilated teen frowned, recognizing the voice from the attack that struck Miragemon's house. "If that is your limit, hybrid, then you're in for a world of pain! Berserk Sword!"

Erin watched the sword slam into the ground, dodging to the side as it sent a shock wave at him. Knightmon quickly closed the gap, making the flying digimon give ground as his sword slashed threw the air.

"Berserk Sword!" Watching the sword descend, Erin brought up his arms and caught the blade between the crossed claws. The force of the attack pushed him to the ground, struggling to keep the sword from coming closer.

Holding the blade with one hand, although Erin still couldn't budge the blade. His eyes went wide as he watched the knight draw a smaller sword from behind him.

Pushing back as he let the blade go, Erin watched as Knightmon easily lifted and swung the sword again. "Berserk Sword!" The shock wave of the attack slammed dead on, throwing the hybrid fighter into the wall of a building behind him.

Trying to clear his head from the strike, Black War Humon frowned, noticing Knightmon was moving towards him with both swords drawn still. "Ok… Maybe not as easy as I thought it would be…'

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Aqua Preassure!"

Witchmon slammed the water blast into the Gladimon, finally deleting it. Leaning against the tree behind her, she relaxed a little, finally having a breather after helping taking the three Adults that had tried to come after her.

"Witchmon, are they gone?" Witchmon looked back as Kotemon, the small lizard in the kendo uniform with the wooden blade on his back, and Kittenmon, the small feline with white fur, slipping out from the woods.

"Yea, those three are gone. Why aren't you making your way to the next village like I said to?"

Witchmon slumped to the ground, still breathing hard as the two Childs got up next to her. Kotemon put his hand on her shoulder, his sleeve well past the limb, while Kittenmon slipped into her lap and nuzzled her stomach.

"We wanna help, Witchmon!" Kotemon said. "We wanna help get those meanies out of our home!"

Kittenmon jumped a little in the Adult's lap as she agreed. "Yea, we can help. If we get Wizarmon and some more of the Child…"

"No way." Witchmon cut the pair off, making her broom float to her hand from where it had been knocked. "Karatenmon and Knightmon are Perfects. Even I don't wanna face them. Now get going so I can go get my friend."

Kotemon's body shifted, seeming to droop a little. "But what about home?"

"We'll rebuild. As long as everyone is alright, we can make a new home, that is just as nice. Now off with you two, or I'll have Alraumon make some of that mixture she makes when you've been naughty."

Watching the young digimon make a soft noise, quickly run into the woods, Witchmon gave a sigh of relief. The talk had given her a moment to catch her breath, making moving a little easier. Using her broom to help stand up, she watched as the sky lit up in the flash of attacks being thrown back and forth.

"Great… Hope he's holding his own and not just showing off…" Quipping to herself, she slipped onto her broom slowly making her way towards the noise of battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Black War Humon gave a grunt as he was thrown into another building. Leaning against the wall, he watched Knightmon swing the large sword around. Using his right arm on the wall, his left barely raised up to wipe a trickle of blood from his mouth. Every part of his body hurt, he had lost his shoulder guards, and his armor was dented and kinked all to heck. This fight was slowly going downhill.

"Berserk Sword!" Erin groaned, feeling the force slamming him again. While Knightmon had to be the quietest opponent he had fought, he did wish he would at least say something new.

Pushing himself from the wall, he shook off the fogged feeling in his mind. "That… all? My little sister… hits harder…"

Knightmon didn't seem to enjoy the jab as he raised his sword to attack again. "Berserk…!"

"Poison Ivy!"

Black War Humon and Knightmon both gave a surprised look as the vines wrapped around Knightmon's head and arm. Giving a tug of his arm, Knightmon flipped the Palmon Erin had saved before over his head, landing it between them.

Knightmon stepped closer to it, raising his sword over his head. "Stupid runt. Ber…!"

Just as the sword began to descend the Perfect and Child both looked stunned, staring at Black War Humon as he appeared between them and blocked the sword with his left claws.

"What do you think your doing?" The deeper voice that echoed Erin's seemed a bit stronger as he stood before Knightmon, not seeming to notice the sword as it attempted to come closer. "She's not as strong as you, so why fight her? If you want a challenge, I'm game!"

Just as Knightmon began to draw the second sword, the hybrid warrior's other claws moved to block it. Giving a push off the ground, Black War Humon shoved the Perfect back, forcing it onto the defense as he continued floating close and striking savagely with his gauntlets.

Striking hard enough to push Knightmon back against a wall, Black War Humon simply floated in the air, his body giving a faint glow as he watched the Perfect. "Still want to try and pick on those who aren't as powerful as you?'

Holding his swords before him still, Knightmon just stared at the hybrid. In the course of a minute, suddenly this digimon had suddenly turned the tide against him. But he couldn't understand where this burst of energy was coming from. "What are you…?"

"I'm Black War Humon. That's all you need to worry about…" The assimilated teen shifted his position in the air, drawing back one of his claws, as if preparing to strike.

"At last, we have a name for your tainted form."

Erin growled softly as he heard Karatenmon call out from above him. He had a general idea where the Perfect was, but he refused to give Knightmon an opening to attack with.

"Now, for killing soldiers of Witchelny as well as attacking a Lord of the council, technically we should simply kill you." Karatenmon landed on a roof to Erin's side, keeping himself just within Erin's sight. "However, if you turn yourself in now, along with the traitor Witchmon, we will simply put you in custody and take you in for your crimes."

"We have done nothing wrong, yet you're allowed to simply torch a village for not bending backwards for you? I think I'll take my chances…"

"Oh, well then it's your fault that she dies as well." Turning to face behind him, Karatenmon's wings extended from his body as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Knightmon, attack the Child!"

Dropping his guard, Black War Humon looked in shock at the raven digimon, before back at the scared Palmon that had tried to help him. Knowing this wasn't a bluff, he turned and shot through the air towards the small plant digimon.

"Ballistic Feathers!"

"Berserk Sword!"

Erin grunted at the force of Knightmon's attack struck him, forcing him onto his knees. Trying to push himself, he watched at the bright feather shaped blasts started to pepper the area around the small child. As the cloud of dirt finally began to settle, the teen could only stare numbly at the barren area where the Child had been deleted.

"Knightmon, finish him now. I'll go find the other traitor. Mystimon wants her brought to him personally." Karatenmon kicked off the building, taking flight as he left the armored digimon behind.

Knightmon gave a soft chuckle, watching as the hybrid slowly got to his feet and walked to the spot where the Palmon had just been deleted. He started to walk closer, intending to finish him with one strong blow.

"Why…?" Black War Humon's fists clenched inside his gauntlets, staring at the blasted area of dirt. "What was the point in deleting her? She wasn't a threat…" He turned his head back towards the Perfect, the look of rage in his eyes making the digimon pause in his steps. "So?! Tell me why!"

Not giving the knight a moment to answer, Erin was in the air again, ignoring the tears that had begun running down his cheeks from the anger he felt. As claws met blades again, Knightmon was pushed back from the force the hybrid seemed to have, before Black War Humon swung his arms across his chest sharply, breaking the blades as he slammed them together and used his claws to try and force them past.

Growling, Erin flew back from the digimon, not caring that it was staring at the broken swords in its hands. He stopped at a good distance, the dark aura forming around his body again. "This ends now! Black Tornado!" Spinning to start the tornado, Erin's body started to react, flying in the center of the attack with his arms back, barreling the horn of his helmet into Knightmon's chest. With a yell, Knightmon's body exploded into data, leaving Black War Humon floating in the street a few feet from where he deleted his foe.

Turning back, Erin rubbed his head threw the helmet. For a moment, a strong wave of Deja vu had washed over his mind as he killed the Perfect, but looking back he couldn't seem to place why. Shrugging the feeling off, he turned his mind back to the present, focusing on the next problem.

"Karatenmon! Get back here and fight!" Black War Humon screamed into the night sky. Pushing himself into the air, he searched the skies around the town, unable to find the other Witchelny Lord.

"Erin!" The assimilated teen looked down, seeing Witchmon waving to him from between a couple of the buildings. A feeling of shock ran through him as Palmon stepped out from behind her, waving her hand as well. He quickly landed, dropping to his knees as he shifted back to his fused state.

"Wow, that was impressive. Not too many can just defrag someone like Knightmon and make it look easy." Witchmon smirked, slipping under Erin's arm to help move him to the alley.

Staring at the Child digimon with her, as she tried to help by half holding Erin's leg as they walked, he finally found his voice again once he was sitting on the ground of the alley. "H… How did she…?"

"Palmon? Oh, it hurt, but I snagged her in the dust of Karatenmon's attack, before he actually struck… Luckily, I've been able to keep hidden from him, or it wouldn't have worked…"

Nodding, Erin looked down as his pants were tugged on. Palmon held her arms up, holding a small pendant on a metal cord up to him. "Here. I got it when Knightmon made me loose my grip…"

As Erin took the pendant, looking at the sword emblem on it, Witchmon gasped softly. "Erin, do you know what that is?"

Erin blinked, looking between the Adult digimon and the pendant. "Um… Jewelry?"

"Not just Jewelry." She scowled, taking it from his hands. 'This is one of the medallions of the Witchelny Council. If I had my doubts that Knightmon and Karatenmon weren't the same two, I don't anymore. I've never actually seen one of these for myself though…"

"Well, something must be going on, if they sent officials, right?' Erin asked.

"Yea… Let's get Palmon to the other village with everyone else. We need to get into Witchelny. We need to see if we can find out what's going on. Besides, now I'm worried about Miragemon, since they knew what village to attack…"

Erin nodded, pushing himself back to his feet. "Can you fly all three of us?"

Sliding the medallion into a pocket of her cloak, she gave a smirk as she lowers her broom underneath her. "Can Kittenmon purr? Hope on you two."

As the pair climbed onto the broom with her, Witchmon pulled up into the air, taking an easy flight through the streets. As they finally exited the city, a shadow seemed to grow into the form, a dark laugh coming from it before it slide back into shadows again.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Toy Agu ~ What was that?!

Rocker ~ What do you mean, 'what was that?!'. That would be called a chapter ending.

Flora ~ *laughs* I think he's a little confused.

Rocker ~ When isn't he…

Flora ~ Anyway… With there presence known and Witchelny a dangerous place to be found, Witchmon and Erin try and go under cover to figure out what's going on as well as finding Miragemon before something bad happens. But when push comes to shove, will they be able to escape before the worst comes? Find out next time, on the next entry of Dark Diaries!