Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Diaries ❯ Battle Royal!! Black War Humon VS Mystimon ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Have they returned?"

"Nay, my lord." Igamon knelt down at the bottom of the steps, looking at the floor. He was an odd sight, a sphere shaped body and head, with a ninja style mask covering most of it, kneeling on the plush red carpet.

"Then Knightmon and Karatenmon have failed in their mission. A pity for scum such as those to have taken the data of such noble Council members." A cloaked figure rose from the throne-like seat at the top of the step, walking down until it stood next to Igamon. "Igamon, go to the remaining members of the Council. Tell them I am calling an emergency meeting."

"Yes, my lord." Standing, the small ninja simply disappeared in a small blur, leaving the robed figure alone.

"They didn't fail, you know." Another figured emerged from the shadows, standing behind a pillar and keeping it between itself and the robed one. "Actually, they succeeded quite nicely, even if Knightmon was too weak to survive."

"I know this, Phelesmon. Everything is coming as I foretold it. They will come here soon, bringing their storm of chaos with them." The hood turned towards the pillar, two eyes beginning to glow within its shadows.

"Of course. You would never have joined us, if you did not know we were the winning side." Phelesmon slipped from behind the pillar, carrying his pitchfork by his tail as he slipped from the darkness. "After all, not everyone betrays their home based on a dream."

"I've not betrayed Witchelny!" The figure seemed to stand a bit taller, sounding shocked at the accusation. "I've done this all in the effort to make sure it survives the maelstrom that 'hybrid' is causing! I have seen what will happen, and until the wall of darkness, I will do what I must."

Shaking his head, Phelesmon took his weapon from his tail and braced against it, lazing as he watched the figure. "Whatever you say… You seem more like the Baromon you evolved from…"

"I am who I am, and I'll do what I must." The robed digimon turned, beginning to walk to the door opposite the stairs and seat. "Now leave. I must see to the council to be sure everything that must happen, does."

"Of course. But simply remember. Loyal to this place you may be, but you have debts. And your debts will be collected sooner or later!" Giving a dark laugh, Phelesmon slipped back into the shadows, leaving the figure in the darkness.

***************

Dark Diaries

Entry 19 "Battle Royal! Black War Humon Vs Mystimon"

Written by Rocker Starlight

Permission from Lord Archive

***************

"We're gonna die…" Erin muttered softly, pulling the dirt colored cloak tighter around himself.

"Shut up!" Witchmon whispered harshly at the teen, as she led him through the crowds. "Keep saying that, and we'll be lucky if we don't walk into the Council itself!"

To say the experience was new to Erin was an understatement. The size of Witchelny seemed so small in comparison to what little he saw of Detroit, yet the number of digimon within its boundaries seemed to hold almost five times how many it should. It left the teen glad Witchmon knew where she was going as they traveled down the street, pushing their way past the throngs of digimon.

Tugging on the cloak he had been given after dropping Palmon off, Erin frowned again. Watching the variety of digimon moving around him, he couldn't seem to figure out how Witchmon could think he wouldn't be noticed with just the cloak on! While she would be hard to place as the specific Witchmon that they were looking for, he was rather blatantly human.

"Here." Witchmon turned in the crowd, moving towards a large building. It had the same majestic look everything in the city held, as if made for elegance rather then ease. The colors still seemed to flow together smoothly. The walls shimmered a faint blue in the early day's light.

Erin followed along as she slipped into the building, reminded of some of the nicer hotels he had seen back home. At first they walked into a hallway, the walls still shimmering as they passed open doorways. Looking through some as they passed, Erin noticed digimon in the rooms, sometimes playing with one another while others simply sat around reading.

Walking up the stairs, they moved up a couple floors before Witchmon finally lead them down a new hall. Making a couple turns, she lead the teen to a small metal door, identical to the rest they had seen aside from the odd scripture written on it like an apartment number. The Adult glanced both ways down the hall, before tracing a small rune on the door, making it slide open for them.

Erin stepped into the room, a bit surprised at the décor. While there was only one other door out of the room, the main was rather extravagant. A large window stood on the far wall with a balcony made from the same material as the walls, hanging outside it. In a corner stood a pedestal with a crystal orb sitting on top it, and next to it was a large bed with a canopy surrounding it. The walls had pictures hanging from them of various digimon, some in battles and others posing.

"Wow…" The teen stuttered as he heard the door shut behind him.

Witchmon gave a smirk at the teen as she walked to the other door, peeking in for a moment. "Damn… I hoped she might be here…" Frowning, the Adult walked to her bed and plopped down, leaning her broom against the wall.

"This is yours?" Erin asked, sliding the hood back over his head, still looking around the room.

"Yep. When Taomon offered for me to start working as an agent for the Council, she gave me this place as my home." Witchmon gave a small smile as she spoke, looking out the large window.

"Taomon. Doumon mentioned her too, didn't she?" Erin asked, moving to lean back against the wall.

"Yea, she did. Taomon was always moving through the outer towns, helping out where she could. She even told me she was going to officially make me her successor once I returned from the mission with Boogeymon…" Witchmon continued staring out the window as she fiddled with her cloak a little.

Erin listened quietly. He was still having trouble understanding what the big deal was with this Mystimon character, if Taomon was the one who had taken her in and everything.

"Alright…" Witchmon stood off the bed, picking her broom back up. "I'm going to try and find Miragemon. You need to stay here in case she comes here, so she can know what's going on, all right?"

Scooting off the bed, Erin stood up next to the Adult, shaking his head. "No way. What if you run into one of those council digimon who are looking for us? I should go with you."

"Look… I appreciate the thought, Erin, but I have something I need to do while I look for her. It's something personal. I'll be fine." Not giving the teen a chance to argue, Witchmon walked to the window, sliding it open and leaping into the air on her broom.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Taomon sat quietly, slowly flipping through a registry book of digimon who had entered Witchelny during the last few months. Very similar in appearance to Doumon, the differences laid in the color of her fur, a tannish shade rather then purple, as well as white robes with a Japanese symbol on the chest. With her hat sitting on the desk, she turned the page idly, murmuring a little to herself.

"My apologies. I had not meant to be tardy."

Taomon looked up from her book at the voice, wrinkling her nose slightly. "'Tis not a problem."

Stepping in front of the desk was an angelic sight, literally. With two pairs of golden wings stretching out behind her as she walked, two pieces of golden armor covering her shoulders and chest, as well as wrapping around her waist. A couple brown leather straps connected the two pieces, crisscrossing her stomach, with the bottoms holding two swords at her sides and a long loincloth with Indian styled designs hung in front of her hips and legs. Blond hair appeared from underneath the red hat on her head, with a matching strip of fabric wrapping around her neck and shoulders, while a golden mask covered the upper half of her face, leaving only her eyes visible. Finally, a green jewel sat on the front of the headdress with a gold trim around it and a pair of small white wings extending from the sides.

"You do not care for a private meeting, D'arcmon?" Taomon asked, tilting her head as she slipped a sheet of paper into her place and closed the book.

D'arcmon adjusted her swords, taking a seat in the only chair before the desk. "No. Many would think we are conspiring against them, would that they found out."

Taomon steepled her fingers in front, trying not to smile as she nodded in agreement. "And yet, you still came…"

The angelic digimon frowned slightly, reaching up under the wrapped cloth around her neck and touching the medallion lying underneath it. "Perhaps… If secrecy have a place, if one is to battle the forces that would rally against us."

"Then the meeting earlier has you worried as well?"

"Our Lord Wisemon declaring outright war on the hybrid and the rogue Witchmon, with little said to make it seem the human world will be next? That is great cause for worry." D'arcmon said as she adjusted the swords again.

"Yes… First, the digimon sent into the human world that we lost, then one of our own sides with the humans against us. Now, the traitor and some unique hybrid have entered the Digital World with the intent to try and undermine Witchelny? It seems a bit suspicious to go through so much trouble for an Adult and hybrid." Taomon placed her hands in her lap, still watching the angel closely.

"So it would seem. Yet we are currently at half strength. Knightmon and Karatenmon have yet to return from their visit to some of the farther villages under our rule, and Doumon still has not been found."

"Always the direct one, D'arcmon…" Taomon allowed herself a small smile as she nodded in agreement. "Even with the power we have, in addition to the Council medallions, we could possibly be overwhelmed if someone were to attack in force."

Opening a drawer on her desk, Taomon pulled a small medallion out, placing it on the desk. The symbol of a staff stood out on the face.

"We cannot count on Doumon's return. For all accounts, Wisemon's words of her death may be true. However, I find it hard to believe Witchmon could do it herself. She is only an Adult, and even with this unknown hybrid, it seems unlikely they could match Doumon in battle."

D'arcmon looked to the medallion as Taomon spoke, nodding in agreement. "And yet, the hybrid is as you said, the unknown factor. We know next to nothing of him, yet he continues to be brought up. Wisemon's decree that he be killed on sight seems a bit harsh. So much data could be gathered from such a unique monster, perhaps allowing us greater knowledge of these humans who call themselves Chosen and Digi-Destined as well."

Taomon smirked softly as D'arcmon's thirst for knowledge came out a little. "Perhaps… Wisemon's rulings are not always to be followed?" She offered, watching the angel closely as she silently prayed she had not planned this incorrectly.

The Adult sat in her seat silently, staring at the medallion as she thought. Finally she looked up into the Perfect digimon's eyes. "Such words could even bring a Council member to be deleted."

"They could, should the wrong digimon hear them." Taomon stood up, turning away from D'arcmon as she walked to a window over looking the city. Sliding her hands behind her back, she looked out at the digimon in the streets as she continued. "But with Lord Wisemon's erratic attitude of late, as well as the other strange occurrences, perhaps Witchelny needs to be sure it can defend itself. That is what we swore to do, when we each joined the council, was it not?"

D'arcmon stood and followed the Perfect digimon, looking out across the city herself as she thought over the words. "We would need to be careful. The others would surely think our actions treason should they realize what we are about."

"Well, Mystimon is the only one to worry about. He's fiercely loyal to Wisemon, and has become even more stubborn about seeing things how he wishes to perceive them of late."

"Taomon? Was not the traitor a follower of his as well?" D'arcmon asked as she looked up to the robed digimon.

Taomon nodded slowly, letting a soft sigh out. "Aye… Witchmon often ran missions for Mystimon, as well as training with myself. If not for all of this, she would have taken my place on the Council once my core finally stopped."

D'arcmon paused for a moment, caught by surprise. "I was unaware… No one stated the traitor Witchmon was your student as well. But why did she do missions for Mystimon, if she was under you? It is not often magic and warrior digimon mix once they begin working for the council."

"Mystimon had met Witchmon before I chose her… Actually, it was his recommendation that pointed her out to me. Witchmon told me Mystimon saved her once from being absorbed from a rogue demon type in the area around her village a few years back. A Boogeymon, I believe."

"I don't recall this. Even when I looked through the files that concerned any past incidents. A Boogeymon being taken down by a council member would surely be a big enough event to have been logged."

Taomon frowned slightly as she nodded. "It would have… But I met the same problem when I looked into it. When I asked Mystimon about it, he seemed nonchalant about it. He said that it was such a small incident that it wasn't enough to bother with logging."

D'arcmon scoffed softly as she shook her head. "Warrior types would considering something like that a trivial matter… It seems even someone like Mystimon will cut corners if he is being lazy."

A soft laugh came from the fox digimon as she nodded. "Aye, although some magic types will too."

"And any who do always meet with dire problems, since they are always found out. The laws are in place for a reason. As such, they should be obeyed, even if it is 'inconvenient'."

"You grumble about him cutting a corner concerning a minor report, yet you conspire with me concerning the current events? Isn't that a little hypocritical?" Taomon looked down at the shorter digimon, watching her reactions again.

D'arcmon frowned slightly as she crossed her arms, obviously having not paired the two thoughts together until they were mentioned. "Perhaps… Sometimes, the rules can be bent, when the need is great enough. His was a matter of laziness, ours is one of concern for all of Witchelny."

"As long as you remember that. You should go since classes will begin soon. I would appreciate it if you would look in on the Child and Adults. To be sure nothing abnormal is going on."

D'arcmon nodded. Turning from the older digimon, the angel extended her hand, a walking stick with a small, golden egg capping the top. Two small wings extended from the top of the small staff, similar to the angelic digimon's. The stick made a small click as it touched the ground, the angel soon disappearing from Taomon's view.

"And slowly, everything starts to come undone…" Taomon sighed to herself as she turned her gaze back to the street, the unease she had been feeling growing stronger as the sun slowly moved into late day. The shadows being cast around the city seemed to have an uneasy feel about them, almost as if they might blanket the city and never release it.

"Time always brings change… I hope you have changed enough to handle the problems you will encounter, my student…" Taomon whispered to herself, turning away from the window.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Witchmon looked around quietly, walking down another hallway with her broom over her shoulder. After leaving Erin behind, she had flown straight to the one place she hoped she could get answers from, even if it happened to be within Witchelny's main citadel.

Rounding another corner, the Adult frowned slightly. Her target wasn't exactly deep into the huge building, but she had decided to take the long road to try and avoid being noticed. Unfortunately, it had been ages since she had used the halls she was in right now, making it a pain to make sure she was going the right way.

Turning into a hall with windows along the right side, Witchmon gave a soft smile as she looked out, recognizing the view. 'Almost there.' Turning to continue on, she tilted her hat over her face a little as she passed a couple Gladimon, trying to avoid being noticed.

It was still awhile before she reached her destination, an ornate door with a purple coloration and a yin yang symbol in the center. Witchmon looked both ways down the hall, being sure no one was around, before she traced a small symbol on the door, grinning as her unlocking spell still worked fine and the door slid open.

"Never should have taught me that spell…" Witchmon whispered to herself as she slipped into the room. Looking around the cluttered mess Doumon's office was in, the Adult frowned a little deeper, worrying someone else had beaten her to the punch of looking through the Perfect's items before she could.

Moving to the desk, Witchmon quickly started looking through the various files and papers littering the surface. Student files, reports on the meat fruit being harvested this year, she quickly skimmed and passed the majority of the files as she searched. "Come on… Doumon's had to have left it here somewhere…"

"Looking for something?"

Witchmon immediately swung her broom behind her, intent on blasting the voice's owner before she could be attacked. She didn't even think who the voice's owner might be, as she felt around the room to find a magical signature.

"Put that down. We'll not be starting a fight here." Witchmon blinked as Taomon stepped out from behind a curtain, staring in surprise as the Perfect walked over towards her.

Witchmon tensed as she almost reached her, tightening her grip on her broom. "How do I know you're the real Taomon?"

"Aside from meeting you here without trying to attack you? Perhaps the fact that I still remember some of the more 'entertaining' moments of teaching you your first lessons. Like when you were wanting to mate that little Sorc…"

Witchmon's eyes were wide as she clamped her hand over her mentor's mouth, cheeks slightly flushed. "Alright, you're Taomon already!" After a moment, she pulled her hand away, giving the older digimon a hug. "Sorry… I've just been really paranoid obviously…"

"Understandable. But that does beg the question, why would you risk entering the Citadel knowing you're a wanted 'mon here?"

Pulling away slightly, the Adult gave a soft sigh as she looked up at her mentor. "I needed to find out what's going on. Doumon coming after me in the real world… My home village being attacked by Karatenmon and Knightmon… Even FlaWizarmon coming after me at one point… It's all very confusing."

Witchmon began relaying everything that had happened since the mission with Boogeymon, using as few details as possibly since she knew she was on a short time limit. Skipping the minor relationship that had been developing with the young blond in the orphanage, she and Taomon ended up sitting in the chairs of the room as she finally finished.

"Quite the tale… If it was anyone else, I might think you were trying to lie…" Taomon tapped her chin softly as she thought. "So that was why FlaWizarmon disappeared. Not a big loss, but it does explain it. But why would Mystimon send him? Even he disliked the little fire starter."

"No clue… Doumon shocked me more though…" Witchmon stated, slumping in her chair a little.

"It is a most uneasy thing to know. I never thought Doumon truly did assassination jobs. Try and one up me, perhaps. Even doing something to try and show me up. But never killing other digimon for money."

Taomon sounded a little sad as she spoke, making Witchmon look at her curiously. "I thought you two could barely stand one another, Taomon?"

Taomon gave a weak smile as she watched the Adult. "Most would think the same, Witchmon. But now is not the time for my tales. I believe this is what you were looking for?" The Perfection level slipped a pair of thick books from her sleeve, passing them to the Adult.

Witchmon's eyes widened as she looked at the covers. "Doumon's journal! This is it! But how did…" Taomon's waving hand quieted her question, as she looked at the cover of the other. "Taomon… This is…"

"Witchmon, we have no time for questions. Your friends are quite possibly in danger. Mystimon has been almost constantly patrolling the streets, and if he should find either of them…" Taomon spoke in a stern voice as she stood.

"By the five digital gods…" Witchmon's voice was barely a whisper as she realized the danger Miragemon and Erin both could be in, with Mystimon on the streets. "Taomon, if you meet the Miragemon of my village, please help her get home safely, alright?!" She asked in a panicked tone as she slid the large books into the confines of her cloak.

"Of course. Here, take this as well." Taomon slipped her hand into her sleeve again, pulling out a small medallion much like the one Witchmon had gotten after the fight with Knightmon, but with a staff in place of the sword upon it.

Witchmon stood, her hands slowly taking the medallion in her hands. "This… It's a medallion of the council…"

"Doumon's, to be precise. With the current state of Witchelny, I do not wish it to fall into the wrong hands. Perhaps it can be of some use to you."

Witchmon nodded, slipping it into her cloak as well. "I'll guard it with my life, Taomon."

Taomon smiled softly. "Now, do not be so serious. It is not very becoming on you. I know it is stressful, young one. And it will probably become more so in the time yet to come. But that carefree attitude that so annoyed me in a one time student of mine has always been your best way for dealing with things."

Witchmon looked up at the Perfect level fox, smiling softly as she gave her another hug. "You know, a couple human friend of mine told me what a mother and father are. If digimon had them, I would have liked you as my mother, Taomon."

Taomon's hand brushed the witch's back softly as she returned the sentiment. "Maybe once this is all settled, you can introduce me to these humans. If you enjoy their company, I am sure I shall as well."

The Adult grinned as she pulled back. "I'm sure you would. But Jill's off limits." She winked at Taomon, slipping her broom under herself quickly.

The pair both looked to the window in shock as an explosion rocked the room slightly, the slowly settling evening being interrupted by the bright flash of light appearing in one of the streets.

"Mystimon…" Taomon's voice spoke softly as she stepped up to the window. "I would recognize his energy easily." The perfect looked back at Witchmon, glad to see the look of worry she expected replaced with fierce determination.

"Will the defenses notice me leaving from here, Taomon?" Witchmon asked quickly, already sliding the window open.

'You would leave whether they would or not…' Taomon smiled to herself as she watched her successor moving. "I'll make sure they do not. Now go, you have much to prepare for." Taomon pulled back, moving the curtain to the side as she slipped from the room to ensure the Adult's safe passage.

Witchmon watched her former teacher leave, giving a small smile herself. "Thank you Taomon… For everything…" Shaking the sentimental moment away, Witchmon took to the air, pushing herself to the street level quickly, hoping she would not arrive too late.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I hate waiting…" Erin muttered as he walked through the crowd. It felt like it had been more then a few hours since the Adult had left, and he hadn't heard a thing. No matter what he tried to do to distract himself, he couldn't seem to stop worrying longer then a few seconds. Leaving a small note saying he would return shortly, Erin had decided to look around the area of the building in hopes to finding Miragemon.

Hearing something ahead of him, the teen slipped through the crowd further. Keeping his cloak pulled tightly, he looked around the mulling digimon for the noise's source. He blinked in surprise as he found a tall figure with a tall purple hat and matching cloak holding the arm of a Sorcerymon.

"I don't know, my Lord!" The very feminine voice from Sorcerymon surprised Erin for a moment, still not used to knowing identical digimon were boys and girls.

"You need not fear persecution, should you reveal thy truths." The voice from the tall figure sounded very different compared to the Adults. It was most definitely male, and spoke smoothly, kind of like some of the actors Erin had seen in movies before. The hair stood on the back of his neck as he watched, still slipping a closer.

"You were seen conversing with the Miragemon of the traitor's village. If you tell me of her location, I will not submit a ruling for assisting traitors of Witchelny." As Erin got closer, he could make out a piece of armor extending over the cloak. He watched as the hand lifted the small digimon into the air, revealing a rather ornate and large forearm piece of armor.

"I don't know… I didn't know she was connected to the traitor, please Lord Mystimon!" Sorcerymon pleaded.

'Mystimon! Is this the same one Witchmon talks about?" Erin thought, watching at the tall digimon turned his head slightly, letting him see the matching piece of armor partially covering his face.

"Core Dart!" Mystimon's voice rang out as a sphere of glowing energy emerged from beside him, flying directly at the human. Erin barely had time to react, jumping to the side as it smashed through the wall, leaving a hole where he had been standing.

Looking up, Erin got his first good look at the digimon he had been hearing so much about. The pieces of armor covered both of Mystimon's forearms, both having a small bulge with a silver barrel on its end near his wrists. Two small bands wrapped around his upper arms, before coming to the large piece of armor covering his chest and shoulders, seemingly layered from the look. Twin shoulder pieces extended out, arching up a bit and curving into points, while it wrapped loosely around his head and neck to protect them. With a semi-loose maroon bodysuit underneath the armor, a belt with a six pointed, gold star held two pieces of matching armor over the outside of his thighs, while a emerald like gem sat in the center of the star. With a strip of purple fabric extending from the star to past his knees, two ornate boots held his feet as he stepped closer.

Erin grunted softly as he watched the digimon moving, still holding the scared Sorcerymon in his grip. "You claim to not know information, yet the wanted hybrid comes to your aid? Would thou consider me a fool?"

Sorcerymon's struggled stopped as she stared at the Perfection. "N…Nay! I've never met this creature, my Lord! Please, believe me!"

"She's right." Erin growled as he stood up, brushing his pants off. "I only took an interest because I hate bullies."

Mystimon looked between the Adult and the teen, barely giving a hint of the blondish/orange hair under the hat, as he contemplated it. Erin simply watched, a bit surprised as he noticed a similar black mark coming from underneath Mystimon's eyes, although they were mostly hidden from view because of the hat and armor piece above his face.

"I will deal with thou later. Return to thy home, Sorcerymon." Mystimon placed the digimon on the ground, no longer caring about her as she ran away.

Erin glanced around a moment, noticing the crowd he had been fighting before had completely disappeared from around him and the Perfect. 'Guess disguises don't matter now…' Reaching up, he undid the small button holding the cloak around his neck, letting it drop behind him.

"I was right." Mystimon said, sounding completely at ease as he squared off with the human. "You are the hybrid we are looking for. You will come with me then. Resist and I will use force. Fight, and I have orders to delete you on sight."

"I don't think so," Erin said, crossing his arms. Although Mystimon only seemed to move his face slightly, he could tell the digimon wasn't used to people simply refusing what he told them. "I haven't done anything to you. So why am I being treated like a criminal?"

Reaching to his hip, Mystimon drew a long blade from beneath the cloak, the handle golden with curved spikes on the crossbars. The blade itself had small inscriptions running halfway up the blade, before a small dark sphere was placed in the center, with a white one near the tip. They matched the bluish orbs in his forearm and thigh pieces of armor, although not noticing the black crystal in the headpiece made Erin a little more wary.

"You have deleted citizens of Witchelny, attacked members of the Ruling Council, and assisted in an act of war against Witchelny." Mystimon pointed the blade's tip at Erin, as the metal slowly began to glow. "For these reasons, you have been found guilty and will be deleted in the name of Witchelny and it's leader Wisemon." The sword made a crackling noise as flames wrapped around it.

"Wha… Wait, I get attacked, but I'm in trouble for defending myself?!" Erin took a step back from the flaming weapon. "That doesn't seem very fair…"

"Your lies will not assist you here. We have been told of your crimes, and justice will not be served!"

Erin jumped to the side again, this time dodging the strike from the flaming sword as it tried to slice him in half. Quickly getting to his feet again, he watched Mystimon take the sword in both hands, preparing to strike.

"Alright… If it's a fight you want, I'm game! Digital Assimilation!" Erin cried out as his body was wrapped in the black bodysuit and armor, minus the shoulder guards. Bringing his gauntlets up in front of him, his claws glinted in the dimming light. "Black War Humon's up for the challenge."

"Very well. Have at thee!" Mystimon charged in quickly, not seeming phased at the hybrid's new from. Flaming sword met claws in a bright flash as the pair pushed against one another. The pair struggled back and forth for a few moments, before the Perfection finally pushed Black War Humon away, his sword arcing downward.

"Core Dart!" Mystimon called out before Erin had his balance back, the sphere flying towards him again. The hybrid yelled as it slammed into his chest, exploding and throwing him back farther, landing and skidding down the street before he finally came to a stop.

"Damn it…" Erin growled as he pushed himself up on his claws and knees. His body was still aching from the battle with Knightmon the night before and he hadn't had a chance to try and rest, let along heal. He looked up, watching as Mystimon began closing in on him again.

"To think, you deleted Knightmon. I always knew he was a weakling, but if someone of your strength defeated him, my point was proven." The warrior pointed his sword at the hybrid again, watching him closely. "I'll give you another chance. Will you come along?"

"Terra Destroyer!" Erin collected the energy into a small ball, tossing himself to his side as he flung the attack at Mystimon. As the attack exploded, Erin took a moment to catch a breath, standing and leaning against the wall of a building.

"I see… Pity…" Erin blinked as the strong voice rang out from the cloud of smoke, barely jumping into the air before the sword stabbed into the wall. He looked down at Mystimon, his armor slightly dirty, but otherwise seeming unfazed from the attack.

"You can not run, hybrid. Core Dart!" Pulling the sword free and slipping it around in his grip, Mystimon braced his left arm as he began firing a barrage of small shots of energy at Black War Humon.

Grabbing his shield, Erin held it together in front of him, blocking most of the attacks. A few stray shots still clipped his arms and legs, bringing a growl from the hybrid, as he continued floating higher to try and escape the assault.

Feeling his shield no longer shaking from being attacked, Erin slid it into place on his back, looking around the ground for the missing Perfection.

"Blast Fire!" Erin looked up, watching as Mystimon leapt from the building opposite him and slammed the fire blade into his side. The teen yelled in pain as the attack exploded into his side, sending him slamming into the ground and a couple small businesses stands as well.

Growling softly, Black War Humon pushed a few pieces of wood off of himself, climbing from the debris he had collected during his descent. He noticed Mystimon walking towards him again, still seemingly uncaring about his opponent. Stumbling off the pile of garbage, Erin started walking towards the swordsman, ignoring the pain wrenching in his side.

"You're still standing? Perhaps you have more power then I first assumed." Mystimon stated simply, setting himself into a fighting stance.

"I'm just getting warmed up." Erin grinned, trying to seem unfazed as he got into a ready pose to try and be able to at least stop the next attack.

"Solar Winds!"

Erin winced as a bright light flashed and the sudden heat around him. As his sight cleared, he found Mystimon holding his hand over his eyes, apparently more hurt then he had been.

"Erin, come on!" Black War Humon turned to find Miragemon standing behind him, wearing a green piece of fabric that covered her face save her eyes, as she pulled on his arm. Giving a momentary glance at the blinded warrior, he nodded and followed the Adult, running through the crowd until they ducked into an alley.

"You know, Witchmon's assessment of you jumping in over your head wasn't off at all…" Miragemon muttered as she made sure no one could see them easily, tugging the mask down to her neck. "Battling Mystimon, even when uninjured is a idiots move, especially if you aren't ready."

Holding his side, Erin simply watched the alley's mouth, trying to watch for anyone following them. "How did you find me?"

Miragemon smirked. "You're lucky. I noticed you when you dropped your cloak. If not, you might be dead right now. Now mind explaining why you're here and not back at my village, while I try and patch you up?"

"Tender Loving Care." Erin's cheeks flushed brightly at the attack name, feeling Miragemon working on healing him. As he watched the street, he explained about the attack from the two lords. Erin looked back to the Adult, noticing the somber look on her face as she healed the bleeding crack in his armor as well as the metal.

"Sorcerymon… Even if I've always been a little skeptical about the way the Council and Wisemon did things, he's always believed in them. I just…" Miragemon sniffled softly as her glowing hands finally dimmed.

Erin stretched his body a little. While he wasn't anywhere near one hundred percent, he was definitely more up to par then he had been when the fight started. "Don't worry, Miragemon. We'll make sure Karatenmon pays for what he did as well. I promise."

The sniffling Adult looked up to the hybrid, wiping at her eyes as she nodded. "Right. Besides, if most of the village got out, we'll be all right. Now, we should get out of here before Mystimon finds us."

"Core Dart!" The rapid fire from Mystimon's attack pelted along the wall just outside the alley.

Black War Humon frowned, watching the empty street where his opponent was. "Too late… Get out of here, Miragemon. Head back to the village near yours, the others are waiting for you." Miragemon opened her mouth to protest, but Erin gave her little chance as he took to the air and flew out of the alley.

"Terra Destroyer!" Erin quickly flung the large ball of energy at Mystimon, watching the Perfect back away. Taking the initiative, he swooped down into his off guard opponent, gritting his teeth at the heat from the blade as he slammed himself into Mystimon's chest. "Black Tornado!" Spinning with his opponent in his hold, Erin used the tornado around him to keep his speed as they began slamming into wall after wall.

Finally, Erin threw the digimon away from him, landing with his claws at the ready. He had no idea how many building they had crashed through, nor did he care for the moment. As Mystimon began getting back to his feet, Erin grabbed a fruit cart lifting it over his head and throwing it with a yell, watching as it broke into pieces on the Perfect.

"So, got your second wind?" Mystimon asked as he stood from the wreckage, giving his sword a wide swing to clear the debris. "Good. I was beginning think you wouldn't be any form of a challenge. Core Dart!" The sphere of energy appeared from Mystimon's side, swinging in the air and aiming for the hybrid.

Erin blinked at the sphere coming back, bringing his shield up and sliding in the dirt as the attack exploded.

Growling as he slid the shield back into place, Erin saw Mystimon standing with his sword in both hands again. "God damn it, don't you stay down?!" He yelled in annoyance.

"As long as those who defy Witchelny and would do them harm abound, I shall not deviate from my path!"

"Yea yea, Lancelot…" Erin took to the air again, flying low as he lunged with his claws. He slammed into the blocking sword, pushing the Perfect back now with his claws crossed before the fiery blade. Before he could press the advantage more, Mystimon twisted himself, leaning backwards and throwing the pushing hybrid in the same effort.

Flipping in the air, Erin frowned as Mystimon quickly turned and readied himself. Landing, he started grabbing random objects, crates, carts, even some chairs, trying to keep the barrage of items going as long as he could. Mystimon hardly seemed fazed as he slashed the objects into pieces. Right as the last object left his hands, Erin grabbed the shield off his back, putting it together and throwing it like a frisbee before jumping into the air.

Mystimon's sword met every object with his sword, but the clang as he struck the shield made him pause a moment. Just as he looked up, Erin's claws slammed into the warrior's chest, sending him flying back down the street again.

Erin reached his hand out, pulling his shield back to him. It reached him just in time, as Mystimon released another 'Core Dart' ball at him, exploding against the shield as he held it in front of him. Before he moved, Mystimon used the attack again, small energy blasts peppering the metal. The hybrid was more then a little startled when the shield first began cracking fully through, before shattering into data from the barrage, leaving him being struck with the remainder.

As Black War Humon landed, breathing heavier after the attack, Mystimon stood with sword in hand again. The Perfect was finally looking a little worse for the wear, but seemed to still be running fine.

'How… How am I supposed to take him out, if he just keeps coming? He's like freakin' Frankenstein without the fear of fire…' Erin growled as he thought, putting his gauntlets up as he backed away from the Perfection.

"Do you admit defeat, hybrid? You are proving an entertaining opponent, but I will be forced to stop holding back if thou doest continue this folly." Mystimon watched Erin's movements, as he continued holding his claws up. "So be it. Your time is now up."

Black War Humon watched the council member reach inside the circle of armor directly around his head and neck, his lips moving as he held up something from inside it. He lowered the object outside his armor, revealing a medallion that Erin could just make out, looking similar to the one Knightmon had been wearing. This one, however, had a weird glow around it, as Mystimon took his sword in his hands and brought it up in front of his face.

"Core Dart!" Erin's eyes went wide as five balls appeared from behind Mystimon, all descending on him. Jumping back to avoid the first, his luck ran out as two more struck his shoulders and forcefully slammed him into the ground. As the last two exploded on his chest and head, Erin's sight swam, trying to force his hurt body to stand again.

"Thus is the fate of all who oppose Witchelny and our Lord Wisemon…"

Black War Humon could just barely make out Mystimon standing over him. Halfway sitting up, he swung his left arm at the digimon's legs, trying to strike before Mystimon could again.

"Blast Fire!" Erin screamed as the fire blade swung down and slammed into his arm, shattering the gauntlet protecting it. Rolling to his side over the numb feeling limb, Erin glared up at Mystimon, watching him turn his body and draw back his blade.

"Blast Fire!" The hybrid teen didn't even make a sound as the powerful attack slammed into his chest, pushing the air out of his body as he was thrown through one wall and stopped by the next.

Erin lifted his head a little, the armor around his body in a constant state of static haze, seeming to phase in and out from around his body, before his head dropped with a thump. The armor disappeared in a flash of purple, leaving then injured and bleeding teen laying on the floor of the house he had been thrown into.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Mystimon slowly stepped inside the hold made from his opponent's flight, examining the unarmored teen a moment. "I did warn him. Twas his destiny to die, so now or later makes no difference."

"Lord Mystimon, stop!!"

Mystimon paused, looking over his shoulder at the floating form of Witchmon. He turned from the building, taking a step from the hole as he watched the traitor in the air. "Well, seems my day is filled with good fortune! First the hybrid, and now the traitor! Come down and give yourself up, I've no desire to strike ye down as well."

Witchmon stiffened on her broom as she looked down at the warrior lord. "Lord Mystimon, you have to listen to me! I'm not a traitor! Erin isn't a threat to Witchelny! This is all some trick, or something!"

"Spare me, traitor! The words against ye were spoke by Lord Wisemon himself! Would ye question his word?"

Witchmon slowly floated down to the ground, watching Mystimon closely as she landed on the opposite side of the street from him. "I don't question his word. But I do question his sources. A Phelesmon has been causing trouble for that human you just beat, and was also responsible for Doumon's disappearance."

"I'm asking… I'm asking you, as a friend. Please, believe me, Lord Mystimon." Witchmon carried her broom in her hand, holding her arms wide to show she would not attack as she slowly moved closer to the swordsman, stopping when she stood right before him. Mystimon looked down into the Adult's eyes, a bit surprised by the determined look in her gaze.

"We have known each other a long time, Witchmon. And now you would stand against me, the one who asked Taomon to teach you? The one who saved you all those years ago?" Mystimon questioned, his sword still flaming, but pointed at the ground.

"I don't want to… But I need to do what's right. YOU taught me that, Lord Mystimon. You told me that sometimes the right thing isn't always what everyone thinks it is, and that you need to decide what it is for yourself. I decided, and I'm staying by Erin's side for now. Phelesmon wants him, and I plan to be sure that demon falls."

Mystimon simply stared at the witch a moment longer, before his ears caught the sound of troops making their way towards his location. Not giving her a moment to react, the council lord grabbed Witchmon by the collar of her dress and threw her into the room with the human. "Blast Fire!" He stabbed his sword into the wall above the hole as he attacked it, exploding it and causing most of the building to cave in upon itself.

"Mystimon!" Mystimon turned his head to D'arcmon as she stood at the head of a small troop of Gladimon and Wizarmon. "We heard of the battle with the hybrid human. Have you apprehended him or the traitor?"

Turning to his fellow lord, Mystimon gave a final glance at the rubble where Witchmon and the human had been. "No, my Lady D'arcmon. I was unable to capture him before he could escape. The traitor never entered my sight."

*************

ToyAgu ~ *blinks in surprise*

Rocker ~ Not again… Now what knocked his brain loose?

Flora ~ *giggleS* I think he is surprised about the fight's ending? Maybe?

Rocker ~ *sweatdrops* Flora, did you even read it?

Flora ~ *shakes her head* After Taomon and Witchmon's talking, I went to work on ideas for that Frontier story you have been working on.

Rocker ~ *groans* Bloody Muses… Never letting me rest…

Flora ~ *smiles* Why would we do that? Anyway, Erin has been dealt his first defeat. How's he going to handle it? How's he going to heal up? Who's this guest star that Rocker keeps mentioning in his sleep? Find out next time, in the next chapter of Dark Diaries!