Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Adventure: REMIX ❯ Stranded in the Digimon's World ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon Adventure Remix: Episode 1
Stranded in the Digimon's World
(AKA: In the Beginning...)

Like I said earlier, when all this funky stuff happened, we were on a field trip. I was relaxing in a tree, when we first became aware of the changes . . .

Taichi sat in the tree, snoring softly, as the snowflake fell from the sky. He opened his eyes when it landed on his nose, and shook his head in disbelief. The still sunny day was producing a winter wind, and snow, and he quickly jumped out of the tree.

"Paso, hey, Paso! Come on out and look at this!"

"Hold on a minute," Koushirou said, from inside the traditional cabin. "My PCS can't get anywhere with this storm . . . dammit! This is a serious problem."

"Ooh, come on out, Paso," Mimi said, her eyes wide in delight at the falling snow. "This is just so romantic!"

Koushirou shook his head and closed the his laptop, then went outside. He couldn't possibly imagine life without a computer, but if he had to, he knew how to replace it. "A nice thought," he said, sneezing in the cold. "But maybe we should wait out the storm inside?"

"Yeah," Sora said, smiling. "But doesn't anyone else think . . ." She was cut off in the rush of everyone heading back in, and decided not to bring it back up.

Well, pretty much needless to say, the planned activities were canceled, so we all went out to play in the snow . . .

Yamato looked over at Taichi. "Hey, Goggles," he said, grinning. "Come over here. I've got something to show you."

"Oh, really?" Taichi threw a snowball that way, but Yamato dodged, leaving the snowball to hit Koushirou.

"What was that fo . . . whoa! Look in the sky, guys!" Koushirou's protests were cut short as he saw something in the sky, a strange vortex.

"Is it the aurora," Mimi asked. "It's so beautiful."

"We're too far south for that," Koushirou said, looking towards the pack on his back, making sure his computer was still safe. "Hey!"

"Something is coming out," Takeru shouted. "It's like shooting stars!"

"That's so pretty," Hikari said, gasping as Taichi pulled her away. Then came the crash. Yamato could hear other kids coming towards their cabin, and suggested a hasty retreat.

"Cover me," Koushirou said, heading in towards the eight tiny impact craters. "I'm going to see what they are first."

"Hey!" The voice instantly hit both Hikari and Taichi -- it was Motomiya Daisuke, another boy the young girl's age, who seemed to hate staying away from her.

"Big brother," Hikari said, looking up at her brother. "He's scary."

"Stay away, Motomiya," Taichi shouted. "You're only frightening her more right now!"

"Hey, Paso-sempai!" The little girl, with her lavender hair, was instantly recognizable as Inoue Miyako, constant pest to the upper-class computer geek.

"Intriguing," Koushirou said. "They're some kind of miniature digital equipment, like a computer." He grabbed one of them, as they had started floating up, and the other seven followed suit. As the vortex swallowed the eight children, Koushirou's cry could be heard by the two children left behind. "Dammit, I should have known better!"

Taichi was slowly coming to his senses, but couldn't quite figure out who was on top of him, or maybe it was just a what. "Yamato, get off of me," he said, squinting in the sunlight.

"Who is . . . Yamato?" The voice came from what almost looked like Yamato, while Taichi squinted, but as he opened his eyes a bit more, it was definitely smaller. "I've been waiting for you, Taichi!"

"Hu . . . Who are you? How do you know my name?" Taichi finally focused on the figure -- a marshmallow with teeth and pipe-cleaner antennae. And it had huge eyes that it was using to stare at the human. "And what do you mean 'waiting?'"

"I'm your friend, Taichi! Your friend, friend, friend! And I've been waiting for you to come, silly."

"All right . . . friend?" Taichi looked dubiously at the marshmallow-thing, and pushed himself into a sitting position, which caused the whatever it was to roll onto the ground.

"That was fun! Can we do it again, huh?" The marshmallow thing smiled as it looked up at Taichi, who managed to chuckle. "What?! What's so funny?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing," Taichi said, standing up. "Well, come on. We have to get back to the cabin . . . err, do you have a name?"

"My name is Koromon," the thing said, sighing. "And I was starting to think you'd never ask. But just one question . . ."

"Me first," Taichi said, picking Koromon up. "So Koromon, huh? Does that mean fluffy marshmallow or something?"

"It means Brave Little Warrior, and don't you ever forget it," Koromon said, sticking his tongue out. "So now can I ask my question?"

"What is a cabin," said another thing, coming into view, followed shortly by Koushirou. "Come on, Koushirou, we don't want to be late!"

"I'm coming," Koushirou said, holding his pack in his arms. "And I'll answer your questions once we get . . . Oh, hi Goggles."

"Yeah, how's it going, Paso?" Taichi shrugged, not quite sure what to make of the weird creatures.

"You got one of the life forms too?"

"Yeah . . . and maybe we're nowhere near the camp," Taichi said. "These little guys don't even know what a cabin is."

"I had figured as much," Koushirou said. He held up his device, and glanced at it for a moment. "Some sort of warp appeared when we took these devices, and brought us to, well, wherever it is we are now."

"I'm going to take a look around," Taichi said putting Koromon down. "See if I can figure out where we are, y'know."

Taichi scrambled up a tree, followed by Koromon, who shouted, "Wait for me, Taichi!"

Koushirou pulled out his laptop again, and tried to boot it. "And I just installed the latest update to the OS last night. If Pineapple is getting as bad as Windows, maybe I should just change to Linux."

On top of the tree, by the time Koromon got there, Taichi was looking outwards, through a miniature telescope. "Our camp wasn't anywhere near the ocean," he said. "And those mountains don't seem at all familiar . . . huh, what's that?" He saw some sort of red beetle flying up, and tried to grab it, before it crashed into his telescope.

"Ah! Taichi, that's Kuwagamon," Koromon shouted, causing Taichi to fall from his perch. Luckily, he caught the nearest branch, and the giant beetle's attack only sheared off the top of the tree. "And he's not someone you want to make angry."

"Let's get down from here," Taichi said, letting go of the branch just in time to avoid another razing attack from Kuwagamon. He carefully caught branches, to minimize his final impact speed, and caught Koromon just as he landed.

"Crazy little guy," he said, before looking over to Koushirou. "Paso, forget the computer, we have to run!"

"I've been telling him that," said the other creature. "But he doesn't seem to listen. Come on, this way! I'll show you a hiding spot!"

"What?" Koushirou looked up, and jammed his computer back away. "I've heard you every time, but what's so bad about a stag beetle?"

"Perhaps you've forgotten, but this is a giant 'stag beetle', and he isn't very nice, even if he's in a good mood," the creature said. "And call me Motimon . . . you know, for having two long legs, the two of you sure are slow."

"More running, less talking," Taichi shouted, stopping short in front of a tree. "Hey, where'd that little guy go?

"In here!" Motimon's head popped out of the tree, and then back in. "Come in on, you three!"

Taichi grabbed Koushirou's arm and jumped in, dragging the other with him. "Hey, what kind of crazy tree is this?"

"Perhaps the tree outside is simply a hologram," Koushirou said.

"It's a hiding tree, Taichi," Koromon said. "But be quiet, or Kuwagamon will still find us."

The children and creatures were huddled together, being as quiet as possible, when a voice came from outside. "You little kids can come out now," Sora said, sticking her head in. "Big bad stag beetle passed us by."

"Gee, thanks Sora," Taichi said, his voce dripping with sarcasm. "We really needed your help. We were, uh, planning strategy in there!" He stepped out of the tree, followed by Koushirou, and then the two creatures. "Hey, what's that thing by your leg?"

"I am enchanted to make your acquaintance, Sora's friends," said the small flower-like creature. "I am Pyokomon."

"And how about you two," Sora asked, looking at the marshmallow like creatures. "Marshmon and Mallowmon?"

"No, they're Koromon," Taichi said, picking Koromon up. "Right here. And the other is, uhh . . . Motimon, I think."

"Aren't we cute," Koromon asked, grinning at Sora.

"Yeah, I suppose . . . hey!"

A pig-like creature, with antennae like Koromon, had just run between Sora's legs, and was hiding there.

"Hey, Tokomon!" Takeru ran through the bushes, his green jacket trailing behind him. "Wait up!"

"Takeru!" Yamato walked in, sidestepping the bushes, and holding the still unconscious Hikari over his shoulder -- in his other hand was a horned, furry creature.

"You too, Yamato?"

"Yes, I'm here too," Yamato said, rolling his eyes. "And I've got your little sister."

"I meant that, err, thing, under your arm."

"You seem very nice," it said. "I'm Tsunomon."

"He woke me up, and led me to Hikari," Yamato said. "I found Takeru on my own after that."

"Hey! I'm allergic to, err, whatever kind of animal you are!" Jou ran through the bushes, muttering something about allergies to them on the way through, and hid behind Taichi.

"Who are you calling an animal?" The seal-like creature glared at Jou, who had picked a rather poor hiding place. "Have you all gone crazy? Or is it just me . . . can't you see them? The creatures are everywhere . . . Yamato, you're holding one of them!"

"Who are you calling a creature," the newest one said, narrowing his eyes. "I Pukamon, and I'm a Digimon!"

"Whoa, Koromon, you too?"

"Yep," Koromon said, hopping along. "We're all Digital Monsters, but everyone calls us Digimon. Some of us are cute," he said.

"Some of us have beautiful hair," Pyokomon said, purring as she looked up towards the flower on her head.

"And others have no hair at all," Motimon said, rubbing his bald head.

"We can be loyal," said Tsunomon.

"And friendly," said Tokomon.

"And some of us are even funny," Pukamon exclaimed, flailing his flippers, and getting a laugh out of Takeru.

"You know, the field trip has never had monsters before," Jou said, adjusting his glasses. "And aren't we missing someone?"

As a scream pierced the air, Koushirou gasped. "Mimi-chan," he shouted, running off. The other followed, and Motimon chuckled.

"So you can be fast, when you want to," he said, laughing at Koushirou.

"Tanemon, can't you do something?" Mimi watched as Kuwagamon made another devastating sweep. "Protect me, dammit!"

"But he's an Adult level Digimon, I'm only in my second baby form," Tanemon wailed. "All I can do against him is run!"

"Shit," Taichi muttered, seeing Mimi and her Digimon narrowly dodge the attack. "He's back."

"Mimi," Koushirou shouted, leaping forward.

"Koushirou, wait!" Motimon rushed after his partner, and suddenly felt a surge of energy. "What's this? Am I . . . Ah! Motimon evolve to . . ." His body seemed to burst as a shell formed around him, with wings, antennae and even spikes on his back. "Tentomon." His arms, which were now longer, and tipped with pointed claws, while his feet were clawed as well. His eyes were bulbous and green, and compounded, like in most insects.

Koushirou turned around just in time to see Tentomon fly past, on unsteady wings, and hear him launch his attack.

"Petit Thunder," Tentomon shouted, as he released a bolt of blue electricity from an arc of his back spikes, towards Kuwagamon. It threw the much larger Digimon off course, and he tried to compensate by rising. "That ought to keep him away for a while. Now, who is this lovely creature?"

"T- Ta- Tanemon! Keep this thing away from me!" Mimi seemed to panic as Tentomon looked at her, like he was some kind of pervert.

"Motimon?" Tanemon looked up at Tentomon, amazement in her eyes. "Is that really you, Motimon? You evolved . . . for me?"

"This is Mimi," Koushirou said, helping her up. "And Mimi, meet Motimon."

"Actually, I evolved," Tentomon said. "I am now Tentomon. I can't explain how it happened, but I had to save you three, and it just . . . well, happened."

"Wicked," Taichi said, looking at Tentomon. "This is great! Hey, Koromon, when are you going to evolve?"

"I don't know," Koromon said, squirming. "But I hope it's soon."

"Look, Goggles, just because Motimon evolved doesn't mean they all will," Koushirou said, furrowing his eyebrows. "But still, I wonder what did cause it. And how long it'll be before Kuwagamon gets back to us."

"Uhh, Paso, I wouldn't worry about that bug," Yamato shouted. "I'd just run like hell and hope he doesn't catch us!"

"Good idea," Sora said, running into the woods. She was followed by Pyokomon and Tanemon, then Mimi, Yamato, who was still carrying Hikari, Takeru and Tokomon, followed last by Taichi, Koushirou, and Tentomon.

"Acid bubbles," Koromon shouted, turning around to attack before following Taichi. He hit, but the attack wasn't powerful enough to have an effect.

"Acid bubbles," Tsunomon shouted, refusing to move. His attack hit, right in Kuwagamon's eye. "Take that, you big bully! Huh? Tsunomon evolve to . . ." His fur grew into a blue and white pelt, covering his now yellow body. The cyan and magenta pattern on his chest seemed like a tattoo, and he glared at the still approaching Kuwagamon. "Gabumon. Petit fire," he shouted, launching a bolt of blue fire from his mouth. This one connected and caused Kuwagamon to veer slightly off course, just enough that he razed the nearby trees instead of the children and Digimon.

"That's impressive," Jou said, looking at Gabumon. "Hey, Pukamon, can you do anything like that?"

"Why don't we join the others in running before Kuwagamon gets back," Pukamon said. "And I can answer your questions later."

"That does make sense," Jou said, adjusting his glasses. "All right, retreat it is! Come on, everybod . . . oh wait, I'm the only one left. Well, come on Pukamon! Let's find the others."

"Yeah, I get the clueless one," Pukamon muttered, following Jou. "Oh well, I suppose it can't be too bad. As long as he has a sense of humor."

"Hey, Tsunomon . . . or, did you evolve too?" Yamato had set down Hikari, who was now finally opening her eyes.

"Yes, Yamato," Gabumon said. "I am now Gabumon. I had to protect you, even though I don't really know you. I hope you weren't worried for me."

"I don't know if anything here warrants worrying, except Kuwagamon," Jou said, holding up Hikari's head. "Hey, are you all right little one?"

"Hu . . . huh? Where are we? This doesn't look like . . . Big brother! Where are you?"

"Don't worry, little sister," Taichi said, kneeling down by her. "We're right here with you. We'll keep you safe as best we can."

"Hey, Taichi," Koromon shouted, jumping onto Hikari's stomach. "What's a brother or sister?"

"Well, it's . . . when two people have the same parents," he started, then noticed the confused look on Koromon's face. "Well, how are you Digimon born?"

"How should I know," Koromon demanded. "After all, I had just been born when it happened, so how would I know how it happened?"

"Primary Village," Tentomon said. "That's where we Digimon are hatched and raised to our Baby Two forms by Elecmon. Once we reach that point, though, we're on our own."

"Oh," Taichi said. "So you come from, err . . . Digieggs, or something?"

"You could call them that," Tentomon said. "They really don't have a name that we know of."

"Oh . . . well, it would be like if two Digimon came from the same Digiegg," Taichi said. "Then they'd be brothers or sisters, or whatever."

"But there is a serious flaw in your explana . . ." Tentomon's comment was cut off when Koromon started talking.

"Okay, thanks Taichi!" Koromon turned to look at Hikari. "So you and her came from the same Digiegg?"

Taichi did a facefault at the question, and resolved to try not to analogize until he knew more about this new world they were obviously in.

"Big, red, and ugly is heading our way," Mimi said, fear in her eyes. "We should start running again."

"No, we need to hold him beck until Hikari recovers more," Jou said. "Pukamon, do whatever you can."

"You too, Tokomon," Takeru said,watching blobby Tokomon hop off in the direction of Pukamon and Kuwagamon.

"Air bubbles," Pukamon shouted, focusing ahead at the giant stag beetle.

"Acid bubbles," Tokomon shouted, aiming at the bug. Both hit, and Kuwagamon quickly shrugged it off. "Oh no, it's not enough. But we have to keep Takeru and the others safe. Pukamon?"

Pukamon was glowing, though, and gasped at the power. "Pukamon evolve to . . ." He grew not much larger, but found he couldn't float any longer. He had flipper-like hands, with claws on the end, and white and purple fur. And even though he couldn't see it, he had red hair on top of his head. "Gomamon. Marching fishes!"

"Huh? Hey, Pukamon, or Gomamon . . . err," Tokomon gasped as he felt the surge of power. "Tokomon evolve to . . ." He became less of a blob, and looked more like a sleek, streamlined pig, with ears like bat wings. His fur was a sienna color on the top, and on his stomach and legs it was more of a cream color. "Patamon! Air shot, poi!" He blew out a burst of powerful air, which combined with Gomamon's attack to send Kuwagamon off course, crashing a short distance away, in the trees. It didn't seem like he was moving any more, so the two headed back to the children and other Digimon.

"Tokomon? Did you evolve?" Takeru looked at the pig-like Patamon in shock, not sure what to make of this new development.

"Yup, we had to protect you guys, so we evolved to save you," Patamon said. "I'm Patamon, and he's Gomamon. Aren't you happy?"

"I guess so," Takeru said, looking over at Hikari. "Hey, Goggles, is your little sister all right?"

"She's fine," Taichi responded. "Hey, sis, can you stand up?"

"I think so," she said, as Jou helped her into a standing position. When he released her, she smiled, and looked up at Taichi. "Thanks for helping me, big brother. And you too, Jou!" She looked over at Takeru, and they shared a momentary glance, before Sora spoke up.

"All right everyone, I really don't think that Kuwagamon is finished yet, so we're going to have to move on," she said, holding Pyokomon. "But I guess we should explain this to Hikari too. Who wants to try and do it?"

"I will," Takeru shouted, laughing. "After all, she'll probably understand me better than you bigger guys."

"All right, you can tell her about it Takeru," Sora said. "But do it while we're traveling, so Kuwagamon won't fin us so easily."

Not too far away, Kuwagamon opened his undamaged eye and growled as he felt movement in his forest. He put his effort into rising, to destroy the trespassers. They didn't belong in his forest. They didn't belong in this world. He would exterminate them.

"So, everyone except me has a partner Digimon," Hikari said, looking disappointed. "Why don't I get one?"

"I don't know, but you've got one of the cool devices too," Takeru said.

"Those are Digivices," Patamon said. "Kentarumon told us about them . . . they're supposed to hold power, but I forgot the rest of the story . . . oh wait, they mean that she must have a partner, too! They're the sign of a Digimon's partner beast."

"Digivice? Interesting," Koushirou said, pulling out his laptop. "Hmm . . . she won't run. A real shame, since I know I charged her batteries before we went to camp. Something must be off kilter here."

"Wherever here is," Yamato added, without even thinking about what he was saying. "It's not like any of us know what this place is."

"This is the Digital World," Tentomon said. "It's where Digimon live and exist. Both good and bad Digimon, at that. Hmm . . . I seem to recall someone telling me about the Chosen Partners, for eight Digimon. But I can't remember what it was . . . or who said it."

A roar sounded above them, and the sound of rustling leaves and falling branches. "He found us," Pyokomon said. "Don't worry, go ahead, I'll catch up. Maybe I can evolve too."

As the children started running, Taichi looked at Koromon. "Hey, you tried defending us, why didn't you evolve?"

"I don't know," Koromon said, going as quickly as he could. "Maybe I just have to wait."

"Well that sucks," Taichi said, running.

"Bubbles," Pyokomon shouted, as she felt the power surge. Kuwagamon hadn't reached her, he wasn't even in sight. "Pyokomon evolve to . . ." She grew into a pink feathered bird, with blue feathers crowning her head and tail. Her wings were tipped with claws, and a metal band was secured around her left foot. A single pink and blue striped feather curled atop her head, and she flew upwards, like tentomon earlier, to fight. "Piyomon! Magical fire!" A green spiral of fire burst forth before her, and Kuwagamon flew right into it. She dove, just barely avoiding him, then turned to search for Sora and her friends. "[So . . . now it's just Tanemon and Koromon who need to evolve. But what ever happened to Nyaromon? She should have found that little girl, who must be her partner. I certainly hope she's all right.]"

"Come on Koromon," Taichi shouted. "You need to evolve so we can beat that big beetle!"

"I hope Pyokomon is all right," Koromon said, looking around. He couldn't even sense Pyokomon, but looking in a tree, he did see Piyomon. "Taichi, is it just me, or there a pink bird up in that tree?"

"Don't worry, silly," Piyomon said. "It's just me. I evolved into Piyomon, and gave Kuwagamon a bit of a fright too. We'll be all right once you and Tanemon evolve. Then I'm sure we can beat Kuwagamon!"

"But I already fought him, and I'm still Koromon," he said. He sniffed the air, the gasped. "Here he comes again! Taichi, we should find someplace better to hide than the forest. Maybe he's just mad because he sees us as intruders."

"Pretty smart idea," Taichi said. "All right, we should be able to get out . . . that way!" He pointed to his left, and started running that way, followed by everyone else, except Piyomon and Tanemon.

"I know you don't want to fight, Tanemon, but you have to fight, to protect everyone," Piyomon said. "Just stand your ground and attack, you can fight to defend instead of to provoke. Just believe in yourself, and your partner."

"But I don't like fighting," Tanemon said, closing her eyes. "I'd rather die here than fight or kill anything. And I'm sure that Mimi agrees . . . Mimi . . . I have to keep her safe!"

"And you can't do that if you die," Piyomon said. "Just try it, for everyone's sake. Just this once."

"All right," Tanemon said, opening her eyes. "I'll do it! Hey, I feel like I'm getting stronger, like . . . wow! Tanemon evolve to . . ." She grew from the small seed and sprout Digimon into a beautiful flower-like Digimon, with thickened leaves for arms and hands, tipped with poisonous barbs. Her feet were jumbled together roots, and she narrowed her eyes as she looked at Kuwagamon. "Poison ivy!" The barbs on her hands extended, and wrapped around Kuwagamon.

"Hang in there Tanemon," Koromon shouted, rushing back to protect Piyomon. "I'm going to . . . Koromon evolve!" He grew into an orange scaled dinosaur, about Palmon's size, with large round eyes and a flat nose. He could even tell that his claws were pretty sharp. "Agumon. Baby flame!" He shout a fireball at Kuwagamon, burning the insect's other eye.

"Come on you two, we need to find a way down the cliff, but otherwise we're safe." He gestured towards Piyomon, and winked at her. He wrapped one arm around Palmon, and started running back towards the group, carrying her with him while Piyomon followed.

"He's not finished yet," Tentomon said, watching Kuwagamon rise once more. "But he can't see anything, which means he's going by his hearing. As long as Koromon keeps quiet, we should be fine."

"Faster, Piyomon," Agumon shouted as he left the forest. "Hey, Taichi, Taichi, I evolved! I became Agumon and beat Kuwagamon. Hey, is something wrong?"

"Oh, Mimi," Palmon said, looking up at the pink-clad girl. "I evolved, just to protect you! Now we're both beautiful flowers. My name is Palmon now."

"Agumon, you could say there's a problem," Taichi said, keeping a very sarcastic edge to his voice. "Why don't you try looking behind you, at who you just led here with your shouting."

"Don't tell me it's Kuwagamon," Agumon said.

"All right, I won't tell you," Gomamon said. Takeru laughed at the joke as Piyomon flew past them, and looked down.

"I can get myself down just fine," she said. "But it doesn't look like there's another way down anywhere near here. Unless you guys all jump."

"Anyone who can fly, fly down. The rest of us will jump," Taichi said. "It's out only choice."

"I'm not jumping," Yamato said.

"And neither am I. Look at that river! Why, Charlene would be ruined if she fell in there." Koushirou carefully indicated the laptop on his back, and glared reprovingly at Taichi.

"It's either jump or be bug bait," Taichi said, watching in shock as Agumon moved towards Kuwagamon.

"Baby flame!" This time the fireball hit the bug's legs, knocking him down. But he managed to cut off the edge of the cliff with his scissor like mandibles, which left the children in a very dangerous situation -- falling down a cliff towards almost certain doom.

Well, we finally made some new friends, but their attempts to save us look more like they're killing us. Kuwagamon was nasty, but with the Digimon's help, we were able to take him out -- too bad it left us in a cliffhanger ending, huh? Find out how we survive, or even if we survive, in the next chapter of Digimon Adventure Remix.