Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Adventure: REMIX ❯ A Streetcar Named 'Trouble' ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon Adventure Remix: Episode 3
A Streetcar Named Trouble
(AKA: Enter: Seadramon

Hey, Yamato here. We were saved from the cliff fall by Gomamon's friends, but then we got attacked by Shellmon once we reached the beach. Agumon evolved into his Adult level of Greymon to beat him, but reverted to Agumon afterwards. Deciding that we'd be safer on the move, we headed from the beach into the nearby woods.

The children were walking through a forest, a very surreal one at that, when they were startled by a gasp. Well, all of them except the one that had gasped.

"What is it," Jou asked.

"My shoes," Mimi said. "They're all covered in mud! And my feet are tired from walking, and . . . oh, you wouldn't understand. We need to stop and rest soon."

"Yeah," Takeru said. "Hikari is tired too. We can't just keep everyone going when we're all tired."

"The squirt has a point," Taichi said. "How about this, we'll go another half hour, then we stop for a break. Is that all right?"

"A half hour," Mimi complained. "But that's like an eternity!"

"Look, I just think," Taichi began, but stopped as he noticed the looks everyone was giving him. "Fine, a half hour, or until we find someplace suitable for resting. There's no way we'd pull it off here."

"All right," Sora said. "A half hour, though. And I'll make sure you keep that promise, Goggles."

"She's right," Yamato said. "We're both holding you to that."

"Jou," Gabumon whispered. "We need to talk. Just hang back with me. I'll keep you safe."

"All right," Jou whispered, wondering what this was about. Gabumon wasn't his partner, but he almost acted like he was. As the rest of the group moved on, he hung back, to talk with Gabumon. "So, what is this about?"

"Well, I was just curious," Gabumon said. "I was wondering if you could explain what a brother and sister are. The more I keep thinking about it, the more I realize that the other explanation really doesn't make sense -- it is very rare for a Digiegg to contain more than one Digimon. And usually, those cases don't survive very long."

"I see," Jou said. "Well, I don't know if I can give an analogy to the way it works for you Digimon, but I can try to explain. You see, humans need two people to produce a child, or in relation to your world, a Digiegg. About nine months later, the woman gives birth to a living baby human, like when you hatch from your Digiegg, I suppose. Now, if the same mother had another baby later on, it would be the sibling of the earlier one, and the earlier one would be the older sibling. Let's just take Goggles and Hikari, since they're a ready example. Goggles was born first, and a few years later, Hikari was born. Since Goggles is a male, he's Hikari's older brother. And since Hikari is a female, she's his younger sister."

"Very interesting," Gabumon said. "And I think I understand better, even without the analogy. Still . . . does anything like two Digimon from the same Digiegg happen with humans?"

"Yes," Jou said. "Sometimes even more than two. In fact, a couple years back one couple was reported having seven children born at once. I don't know, though, if you Digimon could really have 'siblings' except by coming from the same Digiegg."

Gabumon looked shocked at the statement. "S- Seven? Like the seven of us Digimon?"

"Yeah, that many," Jou said. He was truly fascinated by the whole thing, and by Gabumon's own reactions. "I guess that's something really unheard of here."

"It is," Gabumon affirmed. "But more than that, it's just... so many. The seven of us are friends and all, but we're not really like brothers and sisters. I wonder if a human could ever truly understand this, but... I feel something when I'm around you, Jou. Something, like . . . I can't explain it."

Jou simply continued walking, in mute fascination. He was wondering, too, if Digimon could feel emotions towards a human, emotions like love and hate. He briefly wondered if the Digimon were even capable of real emotion, or just emulating it. He sighed as Gabumon did, and then smiled. "Come on, let's catch up with the group."

It wasn't long before Taichi stopped the group in a clearing. He said to wait, and that he and Agumon would check ahead. For a while, Gabumon and Jou shared uneasy glances as they waited, while Takeru and Hikari talked so softly none of the others could hear them. Gomamon looked very nervous, while Palmon climbed into the trees and started knocking food down. Piyomon and Patamon soon followed her lead, and by the time Taichi returned, they had enough food to provide a nice vegetarian meal. Yamato started loading as much as he could into his arms, and Sora joined him.

"All right guys," Taichi said, bursting back into the clearing. "Agumon has secured the grounds. The only thing out of place is some kind of mysterious trolley car. We didn't explore it yet, but everything around it seems safe. No signs of hostile Digimon either."

"A place to rest," Mimi said.

"And we've got food for tonight," Yamato said, nodding down towards his arms full of food. "Maybe even enough for the morning. So let's go and see what this place that you've found us is, Goggles."

"It's a lake," Taichi explained, as they started walking. "With a peninsula jutting forth. That's where the trolley car is. Agumon said it smelled like there were fish in the lake."

"This is so boring," Agumon said, waiting for Taichi and the group to return. "I wish Piyomon were here. It may be boring, but it sure is beautiful. And I'm glad there are no Digimon to fight us either. It will be nice to have a while in peace, now that our partners are here."

He slowly walked up towards the trolley car, as Taichi had described it to him earlier, and sniffed around it. "But there was a Digimon," he muttered. "Not in it, but around it. What if . . . what if it's just waiting for us to get comfortable, then attack us?"

"What was that, Agumon?" Taichi was the first to get back, and had heard Agumon's faint mutterings. He was followed by Yamato and Sora, who were still carrying the food. The Digimon and other children followed as well, carefree and glad to find a safe place to rest.

"It was nothing," Agumon said, deciding not to worry the children. He decided he was probably just being paranoid, and shrugged it off. "I was just thinking aloud, about how beautiful it is here."

"Well you're right," Piyomon said, flying over to him. She was followed by Patamon and Palmon, who both seemed to share her feelings. "This lakeside clearing is just the most beautiful thing ever. I almost wish that . . . that all eight of us were here." Her voice lowered as she spoke the last, and none of the children heard her.

"I know what you mean," Taichi said, responding to Agumon's comment. "Well, let's all get ready for a night of real camping! None of this wimp cabin stuff for us, no way. We're out in the wild, the way camping should really be!"

"Let's check the trolley car," Mimi shouted. "Maybe there's good food in there! Oh, and maybe a nice shoeshine boy too. And a hair stylist, and a dry cleaner, and a gourmet chef, and . . ."

"I doubt we're going to find any of those in there," Sora said, grabbing Mimi by the wrist. She had to drag the girl to even get her to follow her own advice, but the two of them did reach the trolley car, and managed to enter it with little difficulty. "Weird. It just looks and acts like a normal trolley car. Except for not moving."

"No way," Yamato said, holding Taichi and Takeru both back. "If Sora says it's normal, she could be wrong. For all we know, it's going to take us to fight some really hideous monster tonight, if we sleep in it unguarded. So . . . Taichi, you and I will stand guard." He smiled at his friend, his eyes wide, almost like he was dreaming.

"Uhh, no offense, Yama-kun, but . . . I think we should take individual rounds, instead of teams," Taichi said, stepping slowly away from his friend. "You agree with me, right Paso?"

"Well," Koushirou said. "I do think taking individual watches is a wiser idea, although teams would probably be safer. But. . ." He paused as he grabbed at his stomach. "I think we should eat before I do any more serious thinking."

"I agree," Hikari said. "Takeru-kun," she said, looking at Takeru. "We can talk while we wait."

"Those little guys are a strain on our resources," Sora stated calmly as she counted the fish. "I wouldn't complain, but those kids are just sitting there while we do all the work. It would be so much easier to provide for six instead of eight. And then the Digimon are probably taking half of what they catch for themselves."

"No doubt," Mimi said, wrinkling her nose at the sight and smell of the dead fish. She was watching Koushirou, who was adeptly cleaning the fish, although she wondered how he was so skilled at that, if he was such a geek. Maybe I should reevaluate his abilities. Maybe test him sometime, see how smart he really is, she thought. She sighed as she watched him use the improvised knife to gut the fish, and then threw the fish on a towel from the medical supply sack.

"Sora, lay off them," Koushirou said, glancing up from his work. "At least most of us are mature enough to handle the work. If you're going to count out everyone who isn't doing anything, it may as well be only fo. . . err, five." He glanced up and smiled at Mimi, who looked startled, but quickly went to washing off the fruit they'd gathered earlier.

"Hey, I told you, I'd love to help, but I'm allergic to fish, and who knows what kind of allergies I have to the other stuff," Jou said. "I think it would be better if we just waited until we could be sure the food was safe, and that I wasn't . . ."

"Allergic to everything under the sun," Yamato finished. "Look, Jou, why don't you just take Gomamon away for a bit. He's warning all the fish before we can catch them."

"I am not," Gomamon said, popping above the surface. "I'm just keeping them distracted so they don't die."

"All right," Jou said. "Come on Gomamon. We promise not to take anything more than we need to."

"But . . . Mom says we shouldn't eat with our hands," Takeru said, as Yamato handed him the now cooked fish. "Unless it's finger food, and this isn't . . ."

"Mom doesn't have to know," Yamato replied, wishing that his little brother would relax a bit. "It's not like we have any chopsticks or anything else, so we may as well make do with this."

"Hey, Yamato," Taichi said, looking at the fish that were still cooking. "Where did you learn to cook like that? I mean, not to pry, but . . ." He let himself trail off, hoping Yamato would catch his meaning.

"Uhh . . ." Yamato opened his mouth, then started, but stopped himself. It took several more tries before he had a suitable response. "My mother taught me how. Sometimes, she can't be home for dinner, and wanted to be sure we wouldn't just eat out all of the time. Of course, we usually do that anyway, but at least I'm prepared." It was a lie, but at least it worked on everyone. Yamato sighed as even Takeru fell for the lie.

"Well, it is good," Sora said. "Well . . . good enough. Hey, Jou, why don't you try some?"

"She's right," Gomamon said. "You need the food, unless you wanna stay a skinny runt all your life."

"All right," Jou said. "But if my allergies act up, it's on your conscience."

"Like he really has any," Taichi muttered to Koushirou. "Wouldn't you think, Paso?"

"He'll get over it in time," Koushirou said. "Most hypochondriacs do."

Palmon simply nibbled on some of the fruit, watching the fire crackle and looking at one of the fish. She winked at Gomamon, and he winked back. Yamato looked around for Gabumon, but couldn't see him anywhere. "Uhh, guys, have any of you seen Gabumon?"

"No," Agumon said. "Except . . . he spends a lot of time alone. Maybe he's just hiding so he can be alone. Sorry if that doesn't help much." No one immediately caught the meaning or message Agumon was sending, though. They were all too busy eating.

"This is so odd," Gabumon said, looking out over the water. He could hear the children, and faintly make out the fire. "I can't explain how I feel whenever he's nearby. I can hardly find words, even for myself, to convey it. I wonder if there is anything in Digicode to convey the feeling, or if it's simply something unique, like a glitch in the system.

"I try to steal my moments with him, but it never lasts long enough. It's almost as if he knows, and is pushing me away, or perhaps the system is doing that. But whoever, or whatever, is causing it, should know that pushing me away only makes me want to be with him more. It's disappointing that the only person I can share my mind with doesn't seem to feel the way I feel for him.

"I know how he lies to everyone else, pretending to be affected by things he isn't. I suppose I've acted the same way sometimes, just to get these quiet moments alone. I see how my partner looks at Taichi, and I wonder if he would understand how I feel. But perhaps he wouldn't. Dare I reveal this shameful secret to him, when even my lifelong friends don't know?

"It almost makes me wonder just how deep this is. Is it merely his appearance or mind making me feel this way? Or is it a true heartfelt connection. No, the way he treats me, it can't be that. But someday, he will have to know. Even if no one else accepts it I . . . I've found one way, and only one way it can be said. One phrase, to explain it all."

He opened his eyes. When had he closed them? He saw the silhouettes of the children and their Digimon walking away from the fire, heading towards the trolley car. He gazed into the sky for a moment. "Jou. It will all come out."

"I'll take the first watch," Taichi said, as the group stood, sat, or lay down in the trolley car. "With Agumon, of course. Yamato, you and Gabumon get the next watch, once he gets back. And Paso and Tentomon can take the one after that. If it goes past that, I think Sora should take one too."

"What are you talking about," Jou said. "Why don't I get a watch?"

"Because you'd piss your pants if anything happened," Taichi muttered to himself, as he thought of a response. "You do. After Sora. We'll just keep going in a loop."

"I'm sorry," Gabumon said, entering the car. "I needed some time alone, to think. What are we talking about?"

"Guard watches," Yamato said. "Taichi and Agumon are going first. We're second. So we should rest while the two of them are busy."

"All right," Taichi said. "Come on, Agumon. Let's get watching!"

"Yeah, sure," Agumon said, looking back towards Piyomon once before finally leaving the car. "You know, I don't know if this is such a great idea. We're leaving everybody back there alone, where anything could happen."

"Oh really? Everyone agreed this was the smartest idea I've ever had!" Taichi frowned as he thought over the statement. "Okay, so they don't think much of my thinking skills, but it's still a good idea."

"And this guy had to be my partner," Agumon muttered, sitting near what looked like a giant leaf. "Well, why not watch from here. That way we can get back if anything happens."

"Great idea," Taichi said.

Yamato snuck outside, and back to the shore. Gabumon quietly followed him, and wondered what his partner was doing. He wondered if he needed to think, the same way that he himself often did. He guessed humans spent a lot of time struggling with difficult choices, like he did.

He watched from the shadows of the forest as Yamato sat by the embers of the fire, and poked them to life. Then he saw the boy do the strangest thing: He pulled a metal stick out and looked remorsefully at it. Then, he started blowing on it, a sad tune coming from the stick, as if it mirrored Yamato's soul. "Yamato-kun," he whispered, his eyes narrowing. He walked forward, towards his partner, and sighed. "That's a lovely song," he said, leaning up against Yamato. "And yet, so sad."

Yamato didn't reply, and only continued the song. But it was enough for Gabumon. Anything he couldn't say, seemed to be unnecessary.

Taichi glared towards the shore. "Of all the times to start making that stupid noise," he muttered, looking to Agumon. "Agumon, why don't you get us some sticks so we can have a fire. I can't see anything in this darkness."

"All right," Agumon said, grunting as he got up. "I'll be right back." Taichi waited for a few minutes, trying to ignore Yamato's harmonica playing. Then, Agumon returned, dropping several sticks. "Baby flame," he said softly, letting out the fireball, and igniting the sticks. But two of them flew away, onto the leaf, which prompted a very unusual reaction.

The island started moving, and the water of the lake was churning. For one moment, a metal mask poked above the surface, prompting a gasp from Agumon. "Taichi, that's Seadramon. He's a water elemental, and uses ice attacks. His Ice arrow technique can be deadly, and once he catches his prey, he doesn't let go."

"I take you two've met before?" Taichi looked at his partner before trying to say it. "So, Seaweedamon? Well, let's get him, Agumon! Evolve, or whatever."

"I can't," Agumon said. "I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to work."

"Taichi-sempai, what's going on," Takeru shouted, running out of the car, followed by the others. His hat was off, and his blond hair looked very much like Yamato's. "Where's my big brother?"

"He's on the shore, feeling sorry for himself," Taichi said. "Agumon, tell them what's up."

"Apparently this island is attached to Seadramon's tail," Agumon said. Nervously, he added, "And I sort of, accidentally, got him mad at us."

"Now we're in for it," Patamon said. "Seadramon is a really nasty customer. He has teeth like razor blades and an appetite that would put Agumon to shame."

"Don't worry," Tentomon said, hovering over Koushirou's soulder. "As long as he doesn't see us, we should be fine."

"But he already knows we're here," Taichi said, gasping as the leaf moved away and into the water. "Shit! That giant leaf was really his tail!"

Seadramon rose again, this time his size much more obvious. He towered over everyone there, and as his tail rose, it became obvious that a lot of his size was still underwater. He turned his head, and glared at the children and their Digimon.

"Gabumon, we have to keep Takeru and Taichi safe," Yamato shouted, jumping up. He ran to the edge of the lake and pulled his shirt off. He kicked his shoes off atop it, and jumped in. Surfacing a few seconds later, he gestured angrily at Gabumon.

"My fur is going to get wet," he said softly. "But for him and Jou, I just hope they won't mind the smell." He looked towards the island and sighed as he jumped in, more like a cannonball than the graceful dive Yamato had made. He began pushing himself towards the island, struggling against the wake from Seadramon's motions.

Seadramon knew about the two who were in the water, and casually ignored them. None of these children were a threat to him, let alone their child level Digimon. Especially tired as they must be. He turned his head to watch two of the humans and their Digimon approach the edge of the island the other boy was nearing.

"Big brother, hang on," Takeru shouted, looking panicked. Seadramon compensated by slamming the island with his tail, knocking the short one into the water. But the Gomamon followed him, and took him to the surface as quickly as it happened.

"Takeru, just chill," Yamato said, treading water as Gabumon approached. "Jou, get Gabumon onto the island. I'll manage fine for myself."

"All right," Jou said, reaching for Gabumon's paw.

Seadramon narrowed his eyes. The large human seemed to have a lot of authority with his group. Best to take him out quickly. Dunking his tail, he reached for the human and wrapped him in the tail. He pulled the boy down and held him underwater until he was sure the boy ought to be dead. Then he raised his tail again, showing the boy as a trophy.

"Damn," Gabumon said, looking over at Seadramon's prize. "Seadramon may be a fool, but once he has his prey, he doesn't let go until it's in his mouth. I have to save him, but how can I?"

He closed his eyes, shame filling them as he realized he was powerless to save the boy's dead body. But as the grunt of a human reached his ears, he gasped. He opened his eyes to look.

"He's still alive," Gabumon whispered. "Then there may be hope." He raised one hand to his horn, and reached the other to his back, under his fur. "No," he said softly, making it final. "A little odor on my fur is nothing compared to a friend like him. I must fight, I must save him." He closed his eyes and ran towards the other side of the island, far closer to Seadramon than he was.

"Gabumon evolve to . . ." He grey larger, and felt his body changing. His fur was covering all of him now, and the rustling of his fur reminded him of needles being shaken together in a box. His muzzle was much longer, and his teeth were clearly sharper. He opened his eyes and turned his head, only to see a snaky tail behind him, and feather-like blades on his shoulders. "Garurumon!"

The power to evolve? Seadramon had to blink as he witnessed it, making sure it was real. Then these were the ones he had been waiting for. The ones his master had sent him back for. All the more reason to destroy them, and quickly. He lowered his head to his tail, and was almost finished with the motion when a jolt of electricity jumped into his tail, just below the human.

It was that damned Chosen Garurumon. His teeth weren't piercing Seadramon's flesh, yet, but they would be soon. Why had he been reduced so, just to take out these children? He should never have suffered this disgrace, but had instead bowed to it. He wasn't the strongest, and didn't have a chance at defeating more than perhaps one of the other three. So be it.

He decided to let them survive, but resolved it wouldn't look like he was giving up. Oh, he would return, and he would kill them then.

Yamato was shaken, then flew through the air towards the island. He fell right on top of Taichi, and grinned once before closing his eyes. "We can't lose," he muttered, pointing vaguely towards Garurumon. "He did it, for me."

"Garurumon," Tentomon whispered. "He's legendary. They say his fur is as hard as titanium, or something to that effect. When he fights, he's like a silver torpedo slicing through the air, or water as the case may be."

"Titanium? Then he must be invincible," Koushirou said, looking down at his hand. He wore the gloves always. Even he was frightened by what was beneath them, but somehow he felt more comfortable since they'd arrived in this Digital World. Even the mark on his hands wasn't as bothersome. RIght now, though, it felt like ice on his hand, and he shuddered.

"Paso, is something the matter," Sora asked, looking at him.

"No, just a bit of a chill. No doubt it's only the night air getting to me," he replied, softly. He looked again at Garurumon, and truly noticed the blue stripes, as Seadramon launched his attack.

"That's his Ice arrow," Agumon warned. "Here's where we can learn if Garurumon is really all they say he is."

The ice built up on the surface, and covered Garurumon. For a moment, Koushirou was in despair, until the ice shattered.

"Fox fire," Garurumon howled, launching his attack. It hit Seadramon's jaw, and knocked him out. Koushirou was shocked at the simplicity, but nonetheless pleased. He watched Taichi help Yamato up as Garurumon swam back to the island.

"Great job, Gabumon," Yamato said, leaning on Taichi's shoulder. He was still weak from the encounter with Seadramon, but trying not to let it show. Even the way he leaned on his friend's shoulder made him look strong rather than weak.

"That was just what we needed to beat Seadramon," Mimi said. "And I didn't even have to say a word! I hope the rest of our trip home is as simple as this. Now to get some more sleep," she said, stretching as she reached towards Koushirou. "Come on, Paso-chan."

"Yeah, all right," He said, sheepishly following her. He winked back at Tentomon as he said, "Tentomon, why don't you just wait out here for a while."

"All right," Tentomon said, looking towards Palmon.

"I don't know," Sora said. "One day here, and she already looks a bit tougher."

"Maybe," Jou said, grinning. "Maybe she'll learn to be less reliant on luxury if we're here long enough. Maybe she'll actually learn to be more self reliant."

"You must be kidding," she said, turning back just before she went into the car, escorted by Koushirou.

So we made it safely through the night, most of us ending up asleep outside. Gomamon managed to get the island back to shore with his fish friends, and everyone, except Goggles, appreciated my harmonica to get to sleep. But I think that we did make some kind of connection tonight. He's never been quite as open with me before. But how will be be tomorrow? That's a question to be answered next time, on the Digimon Adventure Remix.

OMAKE!

Well, the Omake section will be added every few episodes. So what is the first Omake? Well, our first three Omake are going to be a Whose Line is it Anyway of sorts. First, will you please welcome the gracious 'I really need a hand' man, Gomamon.

Goma: That stings.

Representing season 2, we welcome V-mon. And for season three, we bring Terriermon. And, simply for persistence, let's have a big had for Kenmon, represernting the overlooked Digimon Side Trek series.

Kenmon: Wow! I finally get to be on TV!

And as our host, we welcome Drew Carey.

Drew: Welcome to the show where the points don't matter. That's right, the points are as free the rain in Seattle, and half as productive. Anyway, our first game will be Party Guests. Gomamon will be the host, and the other three will take out these cards, which they've never seen before, and do their best to act out the roles listed on them. I'll ring the doorbell when each one is ready to enter.

Gomamon: *sets out party goods and pulls out a bottle which he pours into the punch* Spiked punch is always the best. #RING# Oh, someone's here. *throws the bottle under the 'table' as he opens the door*

V-mon: (Sports Fan watching the big game) Go! Yeah! *runs over to the punch and fills a glass* Yeah! Yeah! Score!

Gomamon: I hope you enjoy the party. Uhh . . . did you just win the game?

V-mon: No way! *eyes widen in shock* How could you let them do that, Smith! Get that ball back! #RING#

Gomamon: Oh, well . . . I'll see who's here. Have a good time.

Kenmon: (Health Department Inspector) Hello, Mr. Mon. Do you know why I'm here?

Gomamon: The party, I hope.

Kenmon: *walks in* I'm here for the inspection. I hope I'm not too late. *examines the floor* Is that a cockroach, Mr. Mon?

Gomamon: Umm . . . Oh, that's right! I did call for the exterminators earlier today. But you told me you wouldn't be here until tomorrow.

Kenmon: We pride ourselves on being unexpected, Mr. Mon. Did you put the bean dip next to the vegetable dip?

Gomamon: If I did it was an accident . . . #RING# Err, yeah, have a good time inspecting my place for the fashion board. I just have to get the door.

Terriermon: (Indiana Jones) Hi there. Have you seen the Holy Grail lately?

Gomamon: No, Mr. Python, I don't think I have.

Terriermon: Python? I thought I told you I wasn't coming if you used the snakes!

Gomamon: Oh, yeah. Sorry, just a poorly placed joke, Indiana Terriermon. #BUZZ#

Kenmon: Mr. Mon! The electrical extension cables you are using are not up to code.

Gomamon: Oh, gee. Sorry about that, I wasn't expecting the Health Department tonight. #BUZZ#

V-mon: This is a great party, Gomamon! I really oughta . . . hey, hey . . . TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Gomamon: And the Detroit Lions win for the first time this season! It was a great game, wasn't it? #BUZZ#

Drew: Close enough, Gomamon. He was actually a "sports fan watching the big game". Out next game will be Novel Styles, a variant on our classic Movie Styles game. Without a live audience, of course, I just have a bunch of genres stuck in a hat, and will pull one out at arbitrary points in time. Our scene will start with Kenmon and V-mon, lovers who have just met after a fight. The first style will be Sea Fantasy.

V-mon: Stupid captain, why does he always come between me and the one I . . . Kenmon! I was afraid that the captain would hold you all day.

Kenmon: Nothing can ever keep us apart, not even the sea serpents who ravaged me as a child.

V-mon: Uhh, right. But what did he have to say about the fight?

Drew: #BUZZ# Murder Mystery.

Kenmon: He didn't say anything about it. He only asked me how I would react if he died. I didn't have a chance to answer before he fell to the floor of his cabin.

V-mon: That's horrible. It means that not only is our relationship in danger, but there's a murderer on the ship! Do you have any idea who it might be?

Kenmon: I've always thought that Gomamon fellow seemed a bit suspicious, but hardly a murderer. More like a serial rapist and stalker than a murderer.

V-mon: Let's go back to the cabin and examine Captain Terriermon's body!

*They head stage left*

Drew: #BUZZ# Horror.

Kenmon: His body is gone! It must be a conspiracy. And next, they'll kill me, since I saw them!

V-mon: Watch out, Kenmon! They're right behind you!

Gomamon and Terriermon: *are wearing Scream masks and acting like they're killing Kenmon*

Drew: #BUZZ# Tragedy, last round.

Kenmon: I'll not fall for such tricks, V-mon! They're too busy burying Captain Terriermon's body at sea to be here to murder me.

V-mon: Murderers, masked ones! Take my life instead of his! *jumps in the way of their weapons and acts out a death scene*

V-mon: Ken, please remember me, for the sake of our love. Avenge my death by killing the foul . . . murderers, responsible for this. I saved your life, now please, for our love, do this. *acts dead*

Kenmon: No, V. I cannot go on living knowing you are dead, even to kill my co-conspirators. I would sooner die at your side than live for vengeance. *mimes running a dagger through his chest* May heaven find us both well, my beloved V.